Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj80 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: jb508

She regrets it. I think people look more fondly at Madhuri than her. Karisma also had a longer career that her. She probably feels things would be different if she did those movies.

Juhi was a star by early 90's and continued doing films till 2000's and still is doing films.So she had a longer career than Karisma.

Raja Hindustani put Karishma in the top league and she was a top star by late nineties.

Juhi was already one of the  top stars even before those movies.I think she feels that with those films she would have been the number one star. 

raj80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

Actually even the likes of Mahesh Bhatt and Amol Palekar thought a lot about her acting skills. You don't hear them make the same comments on Madhuri. Mahesh Bhatt even called Kajol the most overrated actress on KwK😂. Should've seen KJo's face. Karishma was never accused of being an actress, that bought national award for DTPH notwithstanding. The only 2 people who could beat Juhi in her generation were Tabu (by miles) and Manisha (by virtue of being willing to experiment).

In this interview, Juhi was asked by Masand why she never got to the top, and she gave the reason as her ego.

Re: the incident with Aamir. I don't believe she has ever included that as a regret, only the fact they didn't talk after. She shouldn't either. If my friend thought it was a big joke ha ha to spit in my hand, I would take strong exception to it as well.

@bold:That was not the reason .

Juhi talks about her co-stars while reminiscing few funny and memorable moments with each one of them. 

Aamir Khan - the 4am friend

Aamir and I used to fight like kids on sets. He would tease me, play pranks on me, we have seen him play pranks on other heroines, it was such a fun time. I really admired Aamir because anything that I asked him, he would explain in detail, he is a very intelligent guy. It was wonderful to listen to him. It was great comfort working with him. There was an ease, I always thought that if there was one person I can call when in trouble it was Aamir. He was kind of 4am friend. But he was such a prankster. One day, in Filmistan studios, while.keeping a straight  face he tells me that he knew how to read palms. He took my palm in his hand and suddenly spat on it and started running. I chased him while yelling. Couple of hours later, Manisha (Koirala), who was shooting on the next floor, joined us. He played the same prank on her. He took her palm in her hand, and I was almost rolling down on the floor laughing.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I have a friend that looks exactly like Juhi, copy cats of each other. Thank God juhi turned down those movies because karishma is fit, has great body and was amazing in dil movie. She even turned down movies with salman and hated doing movie with shahrukh because he didn’t look like Aamir khan but now that her career is over, she wants to do movies with salman and shahrukh, thankfully salman made a joke saying you can play my mom now. Never look at people because they’ll be a bigger name than you one day and you’ll need their help. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Juhi is that secret spice who elevates an average movie interesting and funny For eg:Duplicate. Rajeev Masand is right. We don't have much actresses who can do comedy well. Juhi teasing Shahrukh in was the best thing about 'One 2 Ka 4'. That and she always works hard on the accent.Hariyanwi on One 2 ka 4.Tamil in 'Hum hain rahi pyar ke'. Compare it to Deepika's atrocious accent in 'Chennai Express'  *shudder*

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ennuyi

I can understand hee getting Raja Hindustani cos of her closeness and successful pairing with Aamir but DTPH?? She's not much of a dancer.

I don’t understand why she rejected that movie, it seems like she was in love with aamir and telling them that she wants to do movies with Aamir only. In the movie she gets to kiss him lol 

Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Seriously mujhe samjh nahi aata log juni ko dancer kaise samajate hai?? At one point even Farah wanted to cast her in Happy new year. Imagine juhi doing lovely kinda pole dance Lmao the visuals 🤣

TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jb508

She regrets it. I think people look more fondly at Madhuri than her. Karisma also had a longer career that her. She probably feels things would be different if she did those movies.

Yeah Madhuri is considered the biggest superstar of 90's than Juhi. Even Kajol. In terms of stardom MD and Kajol both were ahead of Juhi. Probably she's just cribbing at the fact that had she not rejected those movies her career would have gotten better as both were huge commercial hits of the 90s.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Juhi.. I like you but I will not forgive you for this. You inflicted a torture upon me to be watching Karisma in some of these movies. The sheer pain of screeches. 

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

No no , you were a mediocre and overrated actress