Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

She got them weird eyes 😂 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

the only one i can imagine in nisha's role apart from karisma be urmila..man she would have killed it with her killer bod..amazing dancing..swag..and brilliant acting

juhi..kajol..manisha..cannot imagine anyone of them ever..considering nisha was a fabulous dancer and she even had to outdo someone like madhuri in that one scene in the movie..no way these 3 could have ever..they probably knew they would falter hence rejected

She should also mention how Raveena made her a star by rejecting the huge hit, the ever memorable.. her kkkk kiran movie DARR...which was originally offered to Raveena but she rejected due to plenty of skin show whichsoever was required throughout the movie.

Darr was what made Juhi number one for a short while , for like 6 months (in between Madhuri's khalnayak & hum aapke hain kaun's down time of madz).

-------------

Edited by taniya.91 - 4 years ago
RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Yeah I can get a sense of her ego, she had a huge fall out with Aamir during the filming of Ishq and that fact she said she wanted easy stuff goes to show how her legacy isn't much. She's definitely charismatic on screen and has since evolved but the damage in her youth did cost her IMO.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I guess now we know why Juhi never soared. We used to have a couple of Juhi fans in the forum that would always ask and wonder why she didn’t get to the top 

I always thought she was extremely average and stale. 

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I guess now we know why Juhi never soared. We used to have a couple of Juhi fans in the forum that would always ask and wonder why she didn’t get to the top 

I think Juhi got alot,  compared to what she delivered.

She never experimented anything in her prime days, mostly was limited to bubbly roles

yet she was always considered the next popular star after giants like sridevi & Madhuri...

her name always used to come, and still came after Madhuri dixit

others who experimented ALOT in ALL kind of characters and were more taleneted like kajol, karishma, raveena, manisha urmila etc were always sorted inferior in stardom compared to Juhi, She was always considered ahead of all of them and just behind Madhuri

So in all fairness, keeping in mind what she delivered, Juhi was always rated much much above than what she deserved.

I can only laugh over those who think she was under-rated.  🤪

Ennuyi thumbnail

I can understand hee getting Raja Hindustani cos of her closeness and successful pairing with Aamir but DTPH?? She's not much of a dancer.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Actually even the likes of Mahesh Bhatt and Amol Palekar thought a lot about her acting skills. You don't hear them make the same comments on Madhuri. Mahesh Bhatt even called Kajol the most overrated actress on KwK😂. Should've seen KJo's face. Karishma was never accused of being an actress, that bought national award for DTPH notwithstanding. The only 2 people who could beat Juhi in her generation were Tabu (by miles) and Manisha (by virtue of being willing to experiment).

In this interview, Juhi was asked by Masand why she never got to the top, and she gave the reason as her ego.

Re: the incident with Aamir. I don't believe she has ever included that as a regret, only the fact they didn't talk after. She shouldn't either. If my friend thought it was a big joke ha ha to spit in my hand, I would take strong exception to it as well.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago
diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I like her honesty here but still W*F.

This is like Armaan Kohli saying, "I made Shahrukh Khan's career because I rejected Deewana."🤪

Manisha also said that she regretted rejecting DTPH. And I think Raveena said something similar too once.🤔

I don't understand the entitlement of some actors towards the roles they rejected / never did. 

At the end of the day, it was Karishma who did all the hard work for DTPH, not Juhi or Manisha .Karishma won all those awards, because she was LOVED by the audience in her role. 

DTPH was a sensation in 1997. I was a little kid, but I do remember the craze around the film, especially the songs.😳 It was almost mandatory to have DTPH in your cassette collection to look cool, back in the day.😆

Sorry to say, DTPH wouldn't be DTPH without Karishma. She was destined to do that role.⭐️

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I like her honesty here but still W*F.

This is like Armaan Kohli saying, "I made Shahrukh Khan's career because I rejected Deewana."🤪

Manisha also said that she regretted rejecting DTPH. And I think Raveena said something similar too once.🤔

I don't understand the entitlement of some actors towards the roles they rejected / never did. 

At the end of the day, it was Karishma who did all the hard work for DTPH, not Juhi or Manisha .Karishma won all those awards, because she was LOVED by the audience in her role. 

DTPH was a sensation in 1997. I was a little kid, but I do remember the craze around the film, especially the songs.😳 It was almost mandatory to have DTPH in your cassette collection to look cool, back in the day.😆

Sorry to say, DTPH wouldn't be DTPH without Karishma. She was destined to do that role.⭐️

I can’t imagine anyone else as Nisha other than Karishma. It was a role made for her. 

I feel like Juhi looked too aunty-type even as a young girl. I don’t think she could ever be hot or a really really great dancer.