Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: stormborn

No I don't. I know that Draupadi's name is also Krishna. But Arjun too ? So hubby-wifey have same name ? 

There were 4 Krishna s throughout:

Vaasudev Krishna

Arjun Krishna

Draupadi Krishnaa

Dwaipayan Vyasa Krishna

This is why 'Krishna' = Sutradhaar. The presence pf Krishna is everywhere and this also re establishes the point that Krishna is the beginning, the end, amd everything in between.

vyapti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: stormborn

No I don't. I know that Draupadi's name is also Krishna. But Arjun too ? So hubby-wifey have same name ? 

Do not you remember Uttar asking Arjun about his 10 names? There one of his names is Krishna.

wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: vyapti

Do not you remember Uttar asking Arjun about his 10 names? There one of his names is Krishna.

Okay totally off my memory:

1. Arjuna - born under an Arjuna tree

2. Krishna - dark complexioned

3. Dhananjaya - brought home a lot of wealth during rajasuya

4. Vibhatsu - terrible in appearance during battle

5. Vijaya - never lost a war

6. Shwetavahana/Dashavahana - 10 chariot horses are white in color

7. Phalguni - born in Phalguna month (Holi Purnim)

8. Paartha - son of Pritha/Kunti

9. Kiriti - got a divine mukita from Indra later broken by takshaka's son hiding in Karna's arrow

10. Savyasachi - ambidextrous 

Did I miss any?

wayward thumbnail

Also here's excerpts from Bhama Kalaapam, a famous Telugu opera which describes Satyabhama and her love for Krishna. I love it how she refers to him as Rajagopala.

It makes perfect sense because she started knowing him only after Kans Vadh and it was the time when everybody getting used to the cowherd who suddenly became a prince. I can't tale how much love they put into the name - Rajagopala.

Also the narration is by my favourite-est dancer Harinie Jeevitha! 

https://youtu.be/MYy4SR0d-3E

Krishnpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

Great! That's the one thing they're gonna get right, eh?

Did you guys know that Arjun's real name is also Krishna? Well, who am I kidding, you guys probably do! smiley36

Whoa ! I had no idea about this. I only knew about Draupadi being called Krishna. Three of them having the same name sounds fun. Three different types of Krishna wow. 

Krishnpriya thumbnail

Ooh! I mean, Vasudev bhi hai kya? Watched a few episodes yesterday and didn't him anywhere?

@Grey: Damn! smiley37

Vasudev used to have footage of few seconds/minutes without any dialogue during Kans track. Now Vasudev along with his overdramatic wife and unacknowledged wife has gone on holiday-honeymoon probably.

Krishnpriya thumbnail

OMG! Thank you so much! I always believe ke Bhama was always endowed with humility, and it was only for that short time that she became proud. And she wasn't technically a princess right? Papa ki pari, yes, but papa himself was a businessman na.

I have always believed Bhama to be a feminist with a bold personality. She must be vivacious. Don't Know much about Satrajit's social hierarchy but i guess he was influential in some sort of way. Nevertheless he must have been a supportive father to his charismatic daughter. Only women with an aristocratic/noble/royal background were given the lessons on warfare skills back in those days i guess. 

Krishnpriya thumbnail

There were 4 Krishna s throughout:

Vaasudev Krishna

Arjun Krishna

Draupadi Krishnaa

Dwaipayan Vyasa Krishna

This is why 'Krishna' = Sutradhaar. The presence pf Krishna is everywhere and this also re establishes the point that Krishna is the beginning, the end, amd everything in between.

Oh i remember the funny guy Krishna now. He was such a cartoon. Krishna taught him a lesson no ?

Loved your Krishna analogy. 

Krishnpriya thumbnail

This is so me nowadays. My germophobia and OCD are making it worse. You are probably a little more exposed than us i guess cause you work in medical field. Stay safe dear. Please do the needful and take extra care of yourself. 

How are you ladies dealing with this paranoia ?