wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Ooh I haven't read Harivamsa yet. Will have to. 😃

Krishnpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

Also here's excerpts from Bhama Kalaapam, a famous Telugu opera which describes Satyabhama and her love for Krishna. I love it how she refers to him as Rajagopala.

It makes perfect sense because she started knowing him only after Kans Vadh and it was the time when everybody getting used to the cowherd who suddenly became a prince. I can't tale how much love they put into the name - Rajagopala.

Also the narration is by my favourite-est dancer Harinie Jeevitha! 

https://youtu.be/MYy4SR0d-3E

I have no knowledge of this artistic richness hence unable to praise it with right words. All i can say is she looked liked an apsara and her performance was breathtaking. South Indians are probably the most prudent people when it comes to preserving India's cultural heritage. Satyabhama yearning for Krishna is so so romantic. Haaye.❤️ Thank you for this visual treat Pro. This also made me think, are you a trained classical dancer ?

Krishnpriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: vyapti

Then all the sisters used to be married to the same men.

Devaki and her sisters.

Rohini and her sisters.

How many wives did Vasudev have ? Polygamy ran through this family or what ! 🤪

Edited by Krishnpriya - 4 years ago
Krishnpriya thumbnail

Neither have I sister. Probably part of some other version of SB or a folklore.

I always believed that part of bhama's arrpgance was due to the fact that she was an only child.

Scriptures regarding Krishna are so confusing. Those sages probably forgot to fact check their sources or may be down the years each gave the original works his own twists. I believe our scriptures went through many distortions during Mughal & British eras. The wake of bhakti movement too had its impact especially on Vaishnvaism. It was the time i guess Krishna became the epicenter of Hindu culture. What are your thoughts on Radha's existence ? Did ISKCON popularized her or Jayadev did that ?

Krishnpriya thumbnail

Yep, that was so hilarious! Just to imagine Arjuma chasing Uttara around half a dozen trees! 🤣

Jishnu, that I missed.

THANK YOU!

Why couldn't folks back then stuck to one or two name/names ! 🤪

Krishnpriya thumbnail

That is probably why all the pandavas and draupadi avoided callimg him Krishna.

Yudi called his Vaasudeva.

Bheem called him Madhava.

Arjun and Draupadi called him Keshava.

Nakul and Sahadev I dont remember exactly but they did switch between the above three.

(Probably because they did not have to call Arjun by his name so it wasnt that awkward)

Also this is why Krishna prefers Partha and Arjun's other names too!

Draupadi called him Sakha right ? Krishna have so many names man !  I personally love Manmohana.☺️ Suits him the best.

wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krishnpriya

I have no knowledge of this artistic richness hence unable to praise it with right words. All i can say is she looked liked an apsara and her performance was breathtaking. South Indians are probably the most prudent people when it comes to preserving India's cultural heritage. Satyabhama yearning for Krishna is so so romantic. Haaye.❤️ Thank you for this visual treat Pro. This also made me think, are you a trained classical dancer ?

You check out their other videos. Pyaar ho hi jaana hai!

I am learning Bharatanatyam now. 

wayward thumbnail

Draupadi called him Sakha right ? Krishna have so many names man !  I personally love Manmohana.☺️ Suits him the best.

Draupadi never called him sakha as a noun only adjectives, always coupled with other names.

wayward thumbnail

How many wives did Vasudev have ? Polygamy ran through this family or what ! 🤪

As per SB he had 8 woves and 6/8 children from each.

Oldest among them were Kanha Dau. Youngeat was Subhi.

All born after Kans Vadh. So sorry to say this but yep its a family thing.

Devaki also had other kids later.

Krishnpriya thumbnail

Bet they'll come back with Subhi! 😉

I want to see little Subhi with her bhaiyas and bhabis. She was so damn lucky. Ballu and Krish loved her so much. Apart from Abhimanyu's untimely departure, i don't think she faced any major difficulty in her life. What do you think about her personality ? She must be aware of her influence no ? Being Krishna's beloved sissy was such a big deal.