Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: zoinks

Prettier than Jaanu, Supandi, and manly Saaru.

Yeah but in India most people will consider white skin beautiful regardless of how ugly the features out. Look at Kareena. I see Shanaya being called a pretty princess so often. Sara is hard to look at but created a big fan base.

Jaanu is only suffering because she doesn't have the white skin although she's lightened herself a lot.

They do it even with little kids. The only reason Taimur got so much attention was because he looked like a white baby and had light eyes.

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

Yeah but in India most people will consider white skin beautiful regardless of how ugly the features out. Look at Kareena. I see Shanaya being called a pretty princess so often. Sara is hard to look at but created a big fan base.

Jaanu is only suffering because she doesn't have the white skin although she's lightened herself a lot.

They do it even with little kids. The only reason Taimur got so much attention was because he looked like a white baby and had light eyes.

Don't agree. Fair is not equivalent to beautiful and not everyone thinks like that. Also, people find Rekha, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Smita Patel, Rani Mukherjee, Bipasha Basu etc really beautiful and none of them is fair in complexion. Also, people calling Jhanvi not beautiful is not because of her complexion, which is not dark either, but because of her features. I don't know what she's done to her face but it looks really weird and artificial, especially her's lips. And I don't find Suhana pretty either and it's definitely not because of her complexion.

Ps Shanaya looks like a white zombie in some pics tbh, has she also done something to her face?

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

She looks quite average.

But (thankfully) she seems comfortable in her skin and probably hasn't gone through any surgery/makeover just for the heck of it, which is nice for a change.

At least, she isn't overweight like Sara, nor she is bland like Jhanvi (before they debuted)

She comes across as  innocent , happy and someone who is very comfortable within her own skin...If she is a good actress, nothing will stop her....She will at least be another Rani and Kajol, if not more successful than them!

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Good thing. Debut with your own name. Make some progress on your own. Learn new things everyday. Make use of your talent. I sounds like dada ji but In my opinion, You are only successful when people recognise you by your own personality/ image rather than '' being someone's daughter or son ". If she pull it off, It would be very impactful debut. 

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Glitter_In_Eye

Don't agree. Fair is not equivalent to beautiful and not everyone thinks like that. Also, people find Rekha, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Smita Patel, Rani Mukherjee, Bipasha Basu etc really beautiful and none of them is fair in complexion. Also, people calling Jhanvi not beautiful is not because of her complexion, which is not dark either, but because of her features. I don't know what she's done to her face but it looks really weird and artificial, especially her's lips. And I don't find Suhana pretty either and it's definitely not because of her complexion.

Ps Shanaya looks like a white zombie in some pics tbh, has she also done something to her face?

This. I agree to your whole statement.👍🏼

P.S. I think Shanaya is naturally very white, but that doesn't make her look attractive at all and she has gotten a very weird face structure.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Glitter_In_Eye

Don't agree. Fair is not equivalent to beautiful and not everyone thinks like that. Also, people find Rekha, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Smita Patel, Rani Mukherjee, Bipasha Basu etc really beautiful and none of them is fair in complexion. 

Almost everyone in India thinks like that. None of those women mentioned, besides Deepika maybe, were considered beautiful. Sexy maybe, but never beautiful. People started liking their acting and that developed stans later. And even Deepika always faces an army of trolls, including celebs like Shobha De, who called her kaamwali bai and village girl and stuff like that. Kaamwali bai is always an insult for dark skin girls. 

They all never step out of the house without their fake colored contacts and most of them lightened their skin like crazy. Rekha is like 70 years old and still is so insecure she doesn't come out without 20 layers of white foundation on her face. They know exactly how the Indian audience is.

On the opposite side, the most mediocre and ugly white faces are considered gorgeous. Indians generally don't like Indian features. The closer someone looks to Caucasian (skin tone, sharper features, eyes), the better it is for them.

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Omg sharukhs little son is such a cute munchkin..

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

Almost everyone in India thinks like that. None of those women mentioned, besides Deepika maybe, were considered beautiful. Sexy maybe, but never beautiful. People started liking their acting and that developed stans later. And even Deepika always faces an army of trolls, including celebs like Shobha De, who called her kaamwali bai and village girl and stuff like that. Kaamwali bai is always an insult for dark skin girls. 

They all never step out of the house without their fake colored contacts and most of them lightened their skin like crazy. Rekha is like 70 years old and still is so insecure she doesn't come out without 20 layers of white foundation on her face. They know exactly how the Indian audience is.

On the opposite side, the most mediocre and ugly white faces are considered gorgeous. Indians generally don't like Indian features. The closer someone looks to Caucasian (skin tone, sharper features, eyes), the better it is for them.

Again, don't agree. I don't disagree with the fact that these ladies are known for being sexy but sure as hell they are called beautiful. And being good actors added to their fanbase. Also, in today's times, everyone gets trolled for one thing or the other. Someone called DP kaamwali bai based on her looks, people bashed Disha and character assassinated her for posting pics in lingerie, trolled Priyanka left and righ for marrying a man younger than him and what not. So the example doesn't exactly fit in, the point is if you have admirers, you'll have some heaters as well, not everyone's gonna love you.

@bold agreed but it's not only the dark complexion girls who put make-up on. White girls also do the same. Putting make up on doesn't necessarily mean that people are making their skin look lighter. Having said that, I'm not denying the fact that people are obsessed with fair skin but yes, that doesn't necessarily mean that everybody hates dark complexion people.

Also, I don't know if Rekha is secure with her skin, age, color or not, so no comments on that.

Anyhow, the whole point was to reply to your line where you said Jhanvi is disliked for her skin color and others who are liked are liked because of their fair complexion, which I thought was wrong. Audience has been accepting of both fair/dark complexion ladies, but features b to achhe hone chahiye.

Don't know why, Everytime I see her, I feel like she's a wannabe and spoilt who's not attractive enough to join Bollywood.