Misogynists and bhakts spamming Thappad with low ratings

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

For some perspective: a misogynistic film that glorified toxic masculinity and sent all the wrong messages.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

does that surprise you though?

BTW Arul Raj's review sounds like posts i have seen on this forum.. what about those poor men who get dowry and false rape accusations? yeah lets focus on 0.1% of the cases because poor men want to be the victims too

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

What a dark day for men in India.. #pout .. women aren't taking things lying down anymore.. they are getting called out for their behaviour #Mazloommen

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

It reflects people's mentality but on a side note, is this movie well made or utter rubbish like other works by the same director. There is zero hype about the movie in my place. Also a friend of mine who stays in Mumbai watched it today and was not really impressed.

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ps what made you think that it's the bhakts who are spamming with such comments, just curious to know the criteria for labelling people as bhakts/not bhakts? Someone called me a Bhakt a few days back on calling out Swara and pointing out her hypocrisy, I was really amused though.

Edited by Glitter_In_Eye - 4 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Glitter_In_Eye

Ps what made you think that it's the bhakts who are spamming with such comments, just curious to know what the criteria for labelling people as bhakts/not bhakts? Someone called me a Bhakt a few days back on calling out Swara for pointing out her hypocrisy, I was really amused though.

Bhakt = misogynist...or all bhakts are misogynists..

#not my definition

#learned to ignore

'It's 2021'

waah kaafi forward thinking ðŸ˜†

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Ps what made you think that it's the bhakts who are spamming with such comments, just curious to know what the criteria for labelling people as bhakts/not bhakts? Someone called me a Bhakt a few days back on calling out Swara for pointing out her hypocrisy, I was really amused though.

Omg exactly. Personally i hate swara but then i am not a bhakt either lol

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

What the eff. smiley36

Omg this takes the cake : it's 2021 and death rates of men are increasing! nobody making a movie on that. WHAT?! 🤣  I think am gonna lose a lung laughing at that. What the efffff. 

And this doesn't surprise me at all. Come on. Indian men. Desi men. 80 percent incels. The ones who think Kabir Singh is their idol. Inse  kya 'domestic violence against women' ' casual everyday violence against women' samajhne ka expectation rakhna. It's futile. Desi society is one of the most patriarchal societies in the world and the worst part of it is that we rate the worth of women here according to how much she pleases her husband so a movie or two can't change that.

Desi men think the whole world is conspiring against them. smiley36 The things I have seen on Quora in the name of how unfair society is to pooooor poooor desi men. :( How oppressed they are by the same thing they created themselves : PATRIARCHY. smiley38 Its simply heartbreaking smiley28 Koi nahi sunta inki maan ki baat. Not even Modiji 😔 

Anyway, even if one woman watches this and it leads her to revaluate the abuse she faces, that's good enough for the movie. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Ps what made you think that it's the bhakts who are spamming with such comments, just curious to know the criteria for labelling people as bhakts/not bhakts? Someone called me a Bhakt a few days back on calling out Swara and pointing out her hypocrisy, I was really amused though.

the first negative comment was saying, he rated Thappad 1 star, even though he didn't watched the movie, just because Tapsee is anti-CAA. And generally those are pro-BJP(so pro-CAA and right wing bu default) are bhakts.

And generally right wing ideology people, don't follow the terms of modern feminism, so they generally are termed as misogynistic.