Throwback to 2002 and Hrithik's low spell at the box-office

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

Showtime magazine (June 2002) : r/BollyBlindsNGossip

While he had seen tremendous success and acclaim, the year 2002 marked a significant low point. The release of his movie "Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage" failed to resonate with audiences, and the film did not perform well at the box office. 

His next few releases, including "Na Tum Jaano Na Hum" and "Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon," also struggled to make a mark. The string of unsuccessful films led to doubts about Hrithik's ability to sustain his initial success in the industry.

But this magazine cover is a bit too harsh. He bounced back soon enough, and was as resilient as ever.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this bleak period in his career?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He should take comfort that 2002 only 2 films were hits in the industry . All other successful films were just moderately successful 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 5 months ago
Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

There are some people who are extremely good at climbing their way back up. I believe both Hrithik and Amitabh came back up after getting such covers. It can be motivating if you take it the right way and get back up out of spite to prove them wrong.

When you hit rock bottom, you have nowhere to go but up — Pattie Mallette

Edited by Petrichor80 - 5 months ago
Funtuss thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

He debuted in 2000 only and the rival's PR declared him finished by 2002??

His tremendous popularity made shalukkha really insecure for him to publish this article against him.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

very well said!

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

It's 2003, not 2002

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Funtuss

He debuted in 2000 only and the rival's PR declared him finished by 2002??

His tremendous popularity made shalukkha really insecure for him to publish this article against him.

Again one of your accusations without any proof of veracity just because Hrithik got successful when SRK wasn't. These kind of media don't need SRK's pr (if he even had one) to write demeaning things...

You simply want to instigate, I suppose.

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
Funtuss thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Again one of your accusations without any proof of veracity just because Hrithik got successful when SRK wasn't. These kind of media don't need SRK's pr (if he even had one) to write demeaning things...

You simply want to instigate, I suppose.

Shalukkha has done masters in communication and he started this pr game way back in 90s calling himself king khan n badshah through his media friends even when he was flopping left right n centre. He himself admitted how insecure he became after hrithik's debut?

I am telling you the facts agar tum instigate ho rahi ho toh matlab such digest nahi ho raha. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Well, dear, you tell me  y o u r  'facts'... so what?

The forum is a space where many tell their facts who aren't facts but just opinions.

Yours is nothing than an accusing opinion...a judgement coming out of your dislike for SRK. It shows more what kind of person  y o u  are than that it says something about SRK. smiley16

Funtuss thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Well, dear, you tell me  y o u r  'facts'... so what?

The forum is a space where many tell their facts who aren't facts but just opinions.

Yours is nothing than an accusing opinion...a judgement coming out of your dislike for SRK. It shows more what kind of person  y o u  are than that it says something about SRK. smiley16

You tell what kind of person i am dear as you know it all.smiley27

Plz write an essay on how i am responsible for the decline in indian democracy due to my dislike for shalulkha so that others would also be aware of who actually i am. Go aheadsmiley1