Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manasi_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennett

Hi,

I'll try to answer your Qs to the best of my knowledge based on my own experience on the new FF section. I'm tagging the FFEs so they can correct me if I'm wrong! šŸ˜Š

About tags: There are 3 types: Content tags (entity), general tags and Genre tags.

In Content tags, you can add the names of the actors and the show. You type in the first 3 letters and the options show up, and then you can select from the drop-down list. You can only select up to 4 tags. I have added the name of the TV show and the names of the main actors for my own fic.

General tags: You can use this for everything else. The names of your jodis, the characters, the type of story it is, and any other info you want to provide about your story: drama, serialized fiction, original fiction and so on. You can create your own tags as well. There is no limit on the number as far as I know. 

Genre tags: Here you can choose the top 3 genres that your story fits in such as romance, drama, thriller, comedy and so on. Here again, the system prompts you to enter a few letters and then it offers options so you can only choose from those options and you can only pick 3.

The most popular tags show up at the bottom of the FF page. You can use them to search, or you can type in the tag in the search bar to search for a particular jodi/genre etc.

For followers of your story, on the main page of your story under the title, you will see the number of views and the number of chapters that have been added along with a little 'star' that shows the number of followers. If you click on the star, you can see the names of the users that are following your story.

You do get alerts when someone comments on your story, or reacts to it. But not if someone follows it.

When you publish your story and after you click on the green 'UPDATE" at the bottom of the page, make sure you're changing the 'Update status' to 'Active'. You can see this on the top right corner of the page youā€™re editing, i.e the chapter when you add one. The default status is 'draft' to allow for any editing changes. Once you change it to 'active' your story is considered as published and it will show up on your dashboard as ongoing FF. Note: You're still able to edit the story even after you've published it and made it 'active'.

If itā€™s ā€˜pendingā€™ others cannot see it, so it will not show up in the search either.

When you migrate your fic, the original thread also remains in the forum you posted it in.

Let me know if I can help further.

Thank you very much Ms. BennettšŸ˜³ 

Your replies were most helpful! And now I can see my FF listed as wellšŸ˜Š

I had one more query though, regarding how this migration actually works...since I presumed migrating will delete the thread from the forum, I posted the story directly. Is there a way to now migrating the comments? Are the forum threads & FF sections linked - after migration, if someone comments in the forum thread, does it get updated in the FF section? 

Another point - can we please have this FAQ topic as sticky? It took me ages to search for this

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: Manasi_16

Thank you very much Ms. BennettšŸ˜³ 

Your replies were most helpful! And now I can see my FF listed as wellšŸ˜Š

I had one more query though, regarding how this migration actually works...since I presumed migrating will delete the thread from the forum, I posted the story directly. Is there a way to now migrating the comments? Are the forum threads & FF sections linked - after migration, if someone comments in the forum thread, does it get updated in the FF section? 

Another point - can we please have this FAQ topic as sticky? It took me ages to search for this

Ms. Bennett! šŸ˜† That's the first time anyone has called me that on this forum! Call me Liz/Lizzie or Riya which is my real name! šŸ˜³

Youā€™re welcome and Iā€™m glad I could be of help!

So about the migration, I can tell you what I did. I could migrate my fic from the thread in the forum to the New FF Section myself. However, the comment migration is done by the FFEs and you can request that here: 

Comment migration thread

All I know is that if you re-posted your story in the new FF section using the 'Add fanfiction' option and did not 'migrate' it, then the comments on your old thread cannot be migrated. Comment migration works only for those stories that have been ā€˜migratedā€™ from the forum thread to the new section.

Forum threads and FF section are not linked. If someone comments on the old thread after migration, it will not automatically reflect in the new section. They have to comment there as well. It would be best if you stuck to one space to post your story: either the thread or the new section and let your readers know that they can follow, react and comment on your FF in the new section by providing a link to it.

About making the thread sticky, you have to ask the forum mods to do it. Will tag them in this post so they're aware of your request! 

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
Manasi_16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennett

Ms. Bennett! šŸ˜† That's the first time anyone has called me that on this forum! Call me Liz/Lizzie or Riya which is my real name! šŸ˜³

Youā€™re welcome and Iā€™m glad I could be of help!

So about the migration, I can tell you what I did. I could migrate my fic from the thread in the forum to the New FF Section myself. However, the comment migration is done by the FFEs and you can request that here: 

Comment migration thread

All I know is that if you re-posted your story in the new FF section using the 'Add fanfiction' option and did not 'migrate' it, then the comments on your old thread cannot be migrated. Comment migration works only for those stories that have been ā€˜migratedā€™ from the forum thread to the new section.

Forum threads and FF section are not linked. If someone comments on the old thread after migration, it will not automatically reflect in the new section. They have to comment there as well. It would be best if you stuck to one space to post your story: either the thread or the new section and let your readers know that they can follow, react and comment on your FF in the new section by providing a link to it.

About making the thread sticky, you have to ask the forum mods to do it. Will tag them in this post so they're aware of your request! 

Hi Riya!!!

I had finished seeing Pride n Prejudice (for the 1000...00th timešŸ˜³) just yesterday so on seeing your name n dp couldn't resist calling you Ms Bennett šŸ˜³ Colin Firth

Thanks for the response, I think I'll stick to the forum currently since that is more active !! 

Thanks again šŸ¤—

Manasi_16 thumbnail

If we have co-authored a story with another member, is it possible to tag their username in the summary or author note or somewhere? 

MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Manasi_16

If we have co-authored a story with another member, is it possible to tag their username in the summary or author note or somewhere? 

You can mention their name in the summary/author note. However tagging option is not available in the FF section. 

Manasi_16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MsChanadlerBong

You can mention their name in the summary/author note. However tagging option is not available in the FF section. 

Thanks so much

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Hi, I recently migrated an abandoned but now on-going fan fiction OS Series and would like to migrate comments if possible. The fanfic is this link: https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/1381

and the original thread is this link: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3836403

Saumya96 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

How many maximum number of pages are allowed now in a FF.? Earlier it was 150, now the numbers has increased.?

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I am trying to add a cover to my OS on FF sec but IF comes up with msgs like Error 500

Pls help!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brute

I am trying to add a cover to my OS on FF sec but IF comes up with msgs like Error 500

Pls help!

can you pm me the cover link and the book link? I can add it up for you or atleast figure out what is going wrongšŸ˜Š