Poll

The better SRK movie?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Which movie do you think was better: Veer Zara or Kal Ho Naa Ho?

While both films share the common thread of sacrifice, they approach it from different angles. 

Vote and comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Haven’t watched Veer Zaara but can’t stand films like KHNH, I mean I liked it as a kid but now I am not into all that mushy over dramatic stuff. But gotta say I loved SRK- Preity as an onscreen pair, they had extremely good chemistry. How I wish she ended up with him in KHNH.

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Which movie do you think was better: Veer Zara or Kal Ho Naa Ho?

While both films share the common thread of sacrifice, they approach it from different angles. 

Vote and comment.

khnh is much more entertaining 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

KHNH was too childish. Also Naina had to go with Saif even though she loved SRK's character. I just didn't like it.

Veer zara was better.

Edited by DivineAngel - 1 months ago
infinity101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

KHNH was too childish. Also Naina had to go with Saif even though she loved SRK's character. I just didn't like it.

Veer zara was better.

Also, I knew Aman had good intentions but all that “match fixing” and playing god was too weird. Who pulls up all that sh*t, I mean let the girl decide for herself if she wants to marry her friend or not smiley29

DivineAngel thumbnail

The overall message of khnh was very beautiful. That you should live your life to the fullest everyday and be joyous. The title song is great. The movie is overall a great watch.

But the love story part got messed up.

DivineAngel thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

Also, I knew Aman had good intentions but all that “match fixing” and playing god was too weird. Who pulls up all that sh*t, I mean let the girl decide for herself if she wants to marry her friend or not smiley29

At some point i got confused whom did she love. I was too young back then. 

infinity101 thumbnail

At some point i got confused whom did she love. I was too young back then. 

I think she was in love with Aman but had to settle for Rohit since Aman was already dying and it was too late. She did tell her daughter many years later that he was her first love, may be she grew to love Rohit later in their married years as well but the fact was that she was a grown up woman, she wasn’t in love with Rohit and Aman had no business playing a matchmaker in her life when she didn’t ask for it. Such movies are stupid IMO.

DivineAngel thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

I think she was in love with Aman but had to settle for Rohit since Aman was already dying and it was too late. She did tell her daughter many years later that he was her first love, may be she grew to love Rohit later in their married years as well but the fact was that she was a grown up woman, she wasn’t in love with Rohit and Aman had no business playing a matchmaker in her life when she didn’t ask for it. Such movies are stupid IMO.

Exactly how can she move on like that? Maybe i am too fixated on one true love. But if she truly loved Aman then she would not go for Saif.

infinity101 thumbnail

Exactly how can she move on like that? Maybe i am too fixated on one true love. But if she truly loved Aman then she would not go for Saif.

Well in real life people are more practical, I knew it was just a film but Naina was under the impression that Aman was a married man, so she had to let go of her feelings for him. When Rohit proposed to her she wasn’t all that happy, she just accepted because he seemed like the next best choice since he was her best friend and already loved her a lot, so it was pretty clear that she was just settling for him at that time. Also when she got to know of Aman’s condition, by then it was already too late, Aman was on his death bed and she was already engaged to Rohit, but I didn’t like how he tried to manipulate the situation, like it was his last dying wish, to see Naina happy because he loved her back. While I agree that our loved ones just want to see us happy, even after leaving this world, it’s basic human nature, but he should have let Naina decide if she wanted to marry Rohit or grieve for him, at least give her some time to wrap her vulnerable mind around the curveballs thrown at her one after another, I mean in such a fragile state of mind, I didn’t like how she was married off to another guy when even on her wedding day she was weeping for Aman. I liked Kedarnath’s ending in this regard, if you have seen that film, after the guy’s death, they didn’t show the girl married to another man while reminiscing about him, like they do in a typical BW film, instead she decided to do charity and help people to honour the sacrifice he made, because she genuinely loved him, now I am not saying that people shouldn’t move on, but sometimes they don’t have to if they don’t want to.

Edited by infinity101 - 1 months ago