The Secret world of BLACK MAGIC - Page 16

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Ashoka, that's exactly what I am trying to say. Isn't Wicca a person who believes the religion of Wiccan (not necessary that the person follows its practices as well), and witch a person who practices witchcraft? On that way, we can have a Christian witch, and a Wicca non-witch. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Ashoka, that's exactly what I am trying to say. Isn't Wicca a person who believes the religion of Wiccan (not necessary that the person follows its practices as well), and witch a person who practices witchcraft? On that way, we can have a Christian witch, and a Wicca non-witch. ๐Ÿ˜‰

yeah ! thats what i think too !

We all can be witches without following wicca.

Broooooooooooom !๐Ÿ˜†

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: clodpolish

Hmm actually from what little i know about the matter, it isn't necessary for wiccans to be witches !

Wicca seems to focus on the relationship between the divine and the practitioner. Spirituality seems to be a major part of this religion.

Witchcraft deals generally with spells , use of herbs , etc to heal and for other purposes. The practise doesn't have anything to do with a deity .

So there can be wiccans who only focus on spirituality or their relationship with divine without casting any spells or anything of that sort.

At the same time there can be followers of any other religion also who might follow witchcraft since its just a practise !

A practitioner of Wiccan is a witch. This is the knowledge from seasons of Charmed as well as what Wiccan practitioners tend to refer to themselves as. Witch does not necessarily mean the practice of 'witchcraft' or spells etc. This is the technical religious definition.

The contemporary colloquial definition is that a witch is a practice of witchcraft only. This definition creates a negative stereotype and takes away from the spiritual and religious aspect of witches.

The second definition although popularly accepted, is an incorrect perception formulated during the witch-hunt era.
^ ^

This is what Everything Under The Moon says about the difference[s] between Wicca[n] and Witch:

A witch is anyone who casts spells. Even Satanists and Christians could be considered witches if they cast spells and do magic, but they aren't Wiccan because they follow a different religion than Wiccans. A Wiccan is someone who follows the religion of Wicca, which is an officially recognized religion just like Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Buddhism. If you get nothing else from this, remember that "Wicca" is the name of the religion and "Wiccans" are the followers of Wicca. So you wouldn't say, "I have a friend who is Wicca." Instead, you would say that your friend is Wiccan.

According to the Wiccan Rede, which are the rules that Wiccans abide by, Wiccans are not supposed cast harmful spells. The Wiccan Rede says, "And ye harm none, do what ye will."

Someone who claims to be a "witch" but who is not "Wiccan" is not following the religion of Wicca. Therefore, they do not have to follow the rede. So they can throw curses at you from across the room.

And here's what About.com says:

Originally posted by: About.com

As if that wasn't confusing enough, not all people who practice witchcraft are Wiccans, or even Pagans. There are a few witches who embrace the Christian god as well as a Wiccan goddess. The Christian Witch movement is alive and well! There are also people out there who practice Jewish mysticism, or "Jewitchery", and atheist witches who practice magic but do not follow a deity.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

You are right there, but that is according to the bas***dized definition of witchcraft. Its just like how someone can be "so gay" nowadays, without being homosexual.

You know how to throw the stone[s], and that to on ones week[est] point. ๐Ÿ˜† Heck, you may be right. I am saying what I have learned so far from various sites, and Google searches. I am not claiming to know everything; other views are possible, of course. I think I should scan Wikipedia for this now; it may have a better answer.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Its just a hypothesis. Maybe they shaved their faces except on full moon. Either as I said, history becomes legend, legend becomes myth.

Yeah and they grew all their hairs on one day. ๐Ÿ˜† Just kidding; otherwise you are correct on the connection between history, myth and legends.
You know I was expecting a big reply from Sarina, telling me how crappy the sites I have listed are, and how wrong I am on the whole matter. ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: Sujal_Fan_No1

Lol at least ur daadi didnt tell u that a witch lived in ur basement and if u wernt good she comes to take naughty children at night. That was not funni i was sceared of my basement for yrs! I remember once i walked pass the basment door and it was open, i screamed and ran to my mum telling her the witch got out. Turned out it was my mum who left the door open accidently wen she went to get something.

On the OtherHand yeh i do believe in Black Magic.

lol yeah but my dadi didnt tell me anythin it was my nani lol
btw are you still afraid of your basement?๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

Aapki expressions. ๐Ÿ˜†

Now,whats wrong with my expressions??/๐Ÿ˜†

Hoped you have reached there by now, and no witches disturbed you in the middle. ๐Ÿ˜†

Thnx buddy,'ve reached safely๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

You know I was expecting a big reply from Sarina, telling me how crappy the sites I have listed are, and how wrong I am on the whole matter. ๐Ÿ˜†

When it comes to Wiccan and ancient Pagan religions there are many challenges in getting 'good' sites. Most of these religions were in Europe, the Africas or the Americas and were practically destroyed forcefully by the spead of the western monotheisms. This continued till recent times until colonists were forced out, and does continue in some parts. During this period there was also a massive purging of historic documents, records and forced change of practice, so 'authentic' history is harder to find. It is a surprise tha Eastern religions like Taosim, Buddhism, Shintoism, Hinduism, etc have continued to survive the age of Empires.

The neo-pagan revival did not occur till very recently. Modern liberalization has made practitioners more open, and comfortable in practicing as well as sharing their religion without censure. The late revival has left these ancient Pagan religions not studied or researched well enough by experts. There are limited resources of scholarly or high quality.

A lot of the resources are practitioners or research done by people simply fascinated by the subject. So there is a lot of varying consensus. From what I have heard, witch is merely a Wiccan practitioner. The other definition is a definition based on myths created about witchcraft and dark arts. I am sure there are people who hold otherwise. Unless we have scholarly research like other religions, it will be hard to tell with authenticity.

Wikipedia is a tough resource though. It can be edited by anyone, and I know people who just put crap on it for fun. It is an excellent resource, but you have to use with caution.

Well.,....perhaps not what you expected, but its long enough eh? ๐Ÿ˜†