Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I was away for the holiday weekend in N'awlins for a Voodoo convention πŸ˜›. Catching up with work today. Wisdom from me when I get caught up. Watch out! 🀣And yes everyone does want a piece of the RTH too. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

welcome back! πŸ˜ƒ

thanks for all the smileys, didi πŸ€—
Edited by gengarjetty2 - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

🀣
aah u got the joke πŸ˜† good my friend πŸ˜›

I am a bit confused as to which post of yours to believe in and which post to not.
all are true πŸ‘πŸΌ

I was away for the holiday weekend in N'awlins for a Voodoo convention πŸ˜›. Catching up with work today. Wisdom from me when I get caught up. Watch out! 🀣And yes everyone does want a piece of the RTH too. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Voodoo convention? 😲 Oh, well, not that this is something out of the ordinary. πŸ˜† We are lucky to have an unique [at least compared with the environment of IF] member like you, Sarina. πŸ‘

Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

thanks for all the smileys, didi πŸ€—

Yeah, really. πŸ˜† I mean this might be the first time I am seeing Sarina using these various types of emoticons. The only one I had watched her use before is the 'LOL' one, and on occasion the 'Tounge' one. Using 'ROFL' and 'Wink' is just unimaginable for Sarina. Seems like she was pretty much charged reading this discussion. πŸ˜†
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Yeah, really. πŸ˜† I mean this might be the first time I am seeing Sarina using these various types of emoticons. The only one I had watched her use before is the 'LOL' one, and on occasion the 'Lounge' one. Using 'ROFL' and 'Wink' is just unimaginable for Sarina. Seems like she was pretty much charged reading this discussion. πŸ˜†

Maybe it was me who inspired her

or maybe its maybelline.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

Maybe it was me who inspired her

or maybe its maybelline.

Or maye its just me. πŸ˜†

You called me 'di'. Oh Lawd, Oh Lawd.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
LOL! Folks, I was kidding about the Voodoo convention. I'm sure it exists, but not for me. I was in N'awlins for the 4th weekend, celebrating independence revelries and inebriations and spicy Cajun cooking with friends.  Drove all the way from Wisconsin to NOLA, man that makes me feel like a man, I know men who would wuss out of that.

Ok nuff said off topic. Well, I would never get offended at being called a 'witch' because technically, it is used to describe those who practice Wiccan. And I would love to be a 'Charmed' one.  However, to dissapoint y'all I am not a witch.

But I will add Wiccan is a fascinating, interesting and very misunderstood religion. Theology fascinates me and I have taken theological classes as electives. I also have studid anciet paganism, shamanism, wiccan and other nature based or animistic religions just because it interests me. Also one of the towns close to where we live Mt. Horeb has a large Wiccan population, so I have had the pleasure of meeting real practicing witches and learned more about the 'religion'.

Wiccan, Voodoo, Shamanism etc are just religions, albeit not as well known, studied or understood like Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and the likes. Unfortunately, the negative image of 'black magic' impressed upon during witch hunts and purgatories has remained. Lets not forget even Jeanne d'Arc was burned on the stake as a witch and then hundreds of years people came back and said whoopsies she was a great saint actually. You honestly have to wonder who is more 'darker', the pagan practicioner or the people who condemn all that is different.

Most pagan practioners connect to God through nature. Instead of a 'One true God' their tenets focus on harmony and balance with nature. Compassionate treatment of humans, animals and plants. Pagans are not exactly 'vegetarian' or 'tree hugging' just more connected and conscious about nature and the 'circle of life'.

Pagans celebrate events in nature and life. They do have many elaborate rituals and events, but they are not dark or evil. They are actually very similar to Hindu pujas etc. Even modern monotheism plagiarizes from paganism. Winter Solstice (Yule) where they decorated evergreens, exchanged gifts and feasted became Christmas. Spring harvest festival (Eostre)  that celebrated fertility and new harvest, with eggs and rabbits symbolizing fertility  became Easter. Samhain celebrating and respecting the death and afterlife, became Halloween and many Catholic countries have similar 'festivals of death' and 'patron saints' of death.

Pardon my blasphemy but align the North star astronomically and that North Star on the manger can no way happen on December 25th. Has one ever wondered why Easter is always on a Sunday, but Christmas can be anyday as long as its the 25th. Something does not click. Actually, Scandinavian and Celtic desendents still include many pagan rituals in conjunction to their Christian beliefs.

In short Paganism including Wiccan and Voodoo is just a nature based religion that teaches to be good and live in harmony. Of course just as there are tantrics, satanic occults etc there is a dark side to Paganism. Everything has a dark side. So yes so called black or dark magic exists - not just as witchcraft - but as a dark side of any religion or belief.

Now I am not really sure about all this - I am skeptical about any sort of magic good or evil. However, I do believe in the supernatural. For good measure, I know to conduct a Catholic as well as Wiccan exorcism. Although in Hindi we used to have a saying 'sacche dil se di gayi dua ya baddua, hamesha lagti hain'. All in all I think its not much in the ritual, but in how much soul actually is in it. If you ever really hurt someone, it will come back to you - if you ever help someone it will benefit you. Simple.

Since we are speaking of occults - vampire myth comes from a disease suffered by Count Vladislav Tepes Draculea of Transylvania. There are many modern variants of the disease. Basically the blood has an abnormally low haemoglobin content. This results in very pale white pasty skin that is very hyper sensitive to sunlight. They get sunburned red ike a lobster in seconds and usually wear a lot of protective gear and avoid sunlight.  The low haemoglobin makes the body system them crave a high iron/haemoglobin rich diet. As we all know the qualities of blood and meat, these people usually eat a lot of blood rare meat like steaks. The more meat you consume the more developed your canines are, and the tougher rarer meat you eat the sharper they get. You can actually tell vegetarians, chicken eaters, beef eaters apart from their canine shapes. Since Vlad was a tyranical ruler who tortured and impaired people - it made for a terrifying horror creature - dracula. So yes, Vampires do exist in real life - but no they never sparkle and they do not live hundreds of years either. And yes some will drink blood from slaughtered animals, but they never attack humans. And while drinking blood is gross, if its what it desperately takes to live and keep the body pumping blood....

Btw, I am curious - what made people think I am a witch. Am I like too goth or emo. πŸ˜† Actually I kind of get that, I have been called the 'darkest person' someone knew as well as a 'warm fuzzy pink bunny'. Take your pick. πŸ˜‰ Let's just say I have a 'colorful' personality.

Or maye its just me. πŸ˜†

You called me 'di'. Oh Lawd, Oh Lawd.

Yeah maybe...

Yes ur our big sister now πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Gosh, what a reply! πŸ˜²πŸ˜†πŸ‘

Have nothing much to add, 'cause our points are sort of on the same wavelength, so I will just go through the post, and point out a few things:

LOL! Folks, I was kidding about the Voodoo convention.

Grr...that's not fair. πŸ˜† I really was thinking of requesting you to write a blog on your experience in the voodoo convention. πŸ˜†But I would request you on writing a blog on at least whatever experience you had with the occult world.

Ok nuff said off topic. Well, I would never get offended at being called a 'witch' because technically, it is used to describe those who practice Wiccan.

Eh? Correct me if I am being wrong, isn't Wiccan a religion? And witchcraft a personal practice? I thought anyone who practices witchcraft (coming from earth based, monotheistic, polytheistic or any sort of religious background) is called a witch?

And I would love to be a 'Charmed' one.  However, to dissapoint y'all I am not a witch.

No need to be afraid. You can be open with us, if you want to. πŸ˜‰

Also one of the towns close to where we live Mt. Horeb has a large Wiccan population, so I have had the pleasure of meeting real practicing witches and learned more about the 'religion'.

Gosh, I wish I had the chance of meeting such people. πŸ˜† I did meet them, but I was way too much young for understanding anything, except for the fact that they are extremely humble, down-to-earth people who had a love for the nature.

You honestly have to wonder who is more 'darker', the pagan practicioner or the people who condemn all that is different.

Without a doubt we know; no need for 'wondering'. πŸ˜† But let's not delve into that, unless there is/are any extremist[s] out there. πŸ˜‰

Now I am not really sure about all this - I am skeptical about any sort of magic good or evil.

Same here. πŸ˜† Though I wish it i true and real. Well, when so many people are practicing this paht, there has to be something in it, correct?

So yes, Vampires do exist in real life - but no they never sparkle and they do not live hundreds of years either. And yes some will drink blood from slaughtered animals, but they never attack humans. And while drinking blood is gross, if its what it desperately takes to live and keep the body pumping blood....

😲😲 Oh my πŸ€¬ Lord, are you serious? With all these years of magickal/occultism studies, I have never come towards such a theory. Well, if it is indeed true, then it really is good [for me at least πŸ˜†], 'cause this is what makes the magickal world come even more real - nothing could be a bigger treat for me. Heck, God knows how many of the fantasy fictions will come true. πŸ˜†
😲
Btw, I am curious - what made people think I am a witch. Am I like too goth or emo. πŸ˜†

Your Luna-Lovegood attitude. Nothing more needs to be said about it.

^ ^

Speaking of vampires, what is your take on Clinical Lycanthropy - the false delusion that the person transforms into werewolf, and sometimes even other animals?

Of course I doubt the existence of such happenings in real life, and will most probably take this as a mental illness, but the transformation can happen on the spiritual level at least, right? And it does happen emotionally/psychologically, otherwise the patient wouldn't report such experiences. πŸ€”