Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Neerja did really well but again, that one had a patriotic angle to it.  I don’t remember but did Neerja clash with any big movies?  I think everyone is looking at this in terms of a Deepika Padukone movie. For a DP movie it is a low number but I still don’t think it’s a flop number.  

It is. 

GumGum thumbnail

Neerja did really well but again, that one had a patriotic angle to it.  I don’t remember but did Neerja clash with any big movies?  I think everyone is looking at this in terms of a Deepika Padukone movie. For a DP movie it is a low number but I still don’t think it’s a flop number.  

Judgemental Hai Kya flopped with a similar opening. 4.5cr + is flop for established actors. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoinks

Judgemental Hai Kya flopped with a similar opening. 4.5cr + is flop for established actors. 

I think Deepika's star power is is lagging. 

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

For Plex films even if the start aint good ,if the film is good ,then evening -night shows fly and the next day growth is huge...

The controversy , Deepika factor gave the film a good start in the morning but looks like the wom aint good , so the film din't grow there onwards...

Neerja and Raazi were at the end of the day good products....

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: niyati13

U mean Vikrant's character? His name is Amol in movie

No the guy who actually plays her friend... 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lulzbolly

So much for Deepika having box office draw. Lmao. She needs big stars badly to score hits.

Many ladies are way ahead of her in terms of acting and box office draw.

5+ crore opening after getting tax free status in 3 states and heavy buzz due to the controversy. Lol.

Also, the Muslim man being acid thrower in the film was a last minute change in the post production/dubbing etc to get nationalists support, but jnu episode was opposite. Tried to appeal to both sections and failed badly.

I doubt that is true, it's laxmi agarwal story, who was attacked by an family acquaintance naeem khan

Stark_Wolf thumbnail

DP's piku also opened to same numbers🤭

That is her starpower rest is just PR bt now she has hubby to give good opening.. 

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I think Deepika's star power is is lagging. 

Top ki thi tab bhi gave low with Finding Fanny. 

Now she'd take some desperate measures regarding her upcoming films or the films she wants to be in. 

Stark_Wolf thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

There was no growth for Chhapaak in the evening.I watched it and film was very good.The acid thrower being a muslim man..adds an uncomfortable twist in today's political scenario.

I hope it recovers it's investment.There are tax free states..But the religious angle is making me uncomfortable.

There is no religious angle at all... It was done by a Muslim guy n they showed it the same... What is there to feel uncomfortable kuch bhi

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

There is no religious angle at all... It was done by a Muslim guy n they showed it the same... What is there to feel uncomfortable kuch bhi

She's trying to attract the RWers. "please jaake dekho, tumhare fav element hai film mein"

Edited by zoinks - 4 years ago