Posted: 4 years ago

There was no growth for Chhapaak in the evening.I watched it and film was very good.The acid thrower being a muslim man..adds an uncomfortable twist in today's political scenario.

I hope it recovers it's investment.There are tax free states..But the religious angle is making me uncomfortable.

35+ lifetime looks difficult now. 

Ho nahin sakta...

Image result for jazbaa aishwarya

Padmavat ke pehle din ke 17cr DP fans ke "will watch first day first show" kasam ke wajah se hua tha.

Edited by zoinks - 4 years ago

Originally posted by you2

There was no growth for Chhapaak in the evening.I watched it and film was very good.The acid thrower being a muslim man..adds an uncomfortable twist in today's political scenario.

I hope it recovers it's investment.There are tax free states..But the religious angle is making me uncomfortable.

I haven't seen it yet Watching tomorrow but don't think religious angle has anything to do with it. 

When there is no evening growth of a Plex film ,matlab wom aint good ...

Some cats really were pumping up their chests a couple of hours ago about advantage chapak?!?? 

Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior Scores - Chhapaak Falters

Friday 10 January 2020 23.45 IST Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior has done well on day one at the box office as it has collected in the 16 crore nett range as per early estimates. The film has put in a solid perfomance on day one with Maharashtra having very good collections. North and East India are at decent levels while Rajasthan and CI are good. South India has not collected too well but there is the Rajnikant starrer Darbar there but still it will have a pretty good Nizam / Andhra number due to Marathawada..

The film did look like it may stay behind Chhapaak at some stations in the North like Chandigarh, Noida and Gurgaon but the film showed better growth than that film film and finished ahead in most of the cinemas in these cities. The film should show growth at most places on Saturday though Maharashtra may not as it has good numbers in all centres of the state.

Chhapaak seems to have faltered on day one itself the opening of the film was pretty decent and evening growth which is a norm for this type of film should have taken it to a 6 crore nett plus number but that growth did not just come and the film remained flat to collect around 4.75 crore nett on day one. The film could do better on Saturday but its unlikely to be huge growth going by the Friday trend. The film did look very dry and pretentious and the public seems to have seen that even the high end multiplexes audience.

4 Crore opening. OUCH. That the same as Aishwarya's Jazbaa when she retired and didnt work for 5 years after having her baby. 

I think BOI is underreporting Chhapaak collections. Surprisingly both Tanaji and Chhapaak have similar votes on BMS. But here collections of Tanaji are 3x of Chhapaak. Something is rigged 

Originally posted by you2

I didn’t watch it but doubt that would have anything to do with. Heard the story itself is slow and predictable?