Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

I watched it and it's very hard hitting. Deepika has given an amazing performance. The best sequence comes in the beginning when she gets attacked. Mind blowing performance. It's just a very difficult movie to watch because of the burnt faces... I don't think a lot of people can stomach that. Also, it goes into a dark place even though it shows the survivors eventually leading normal and healthy lives. I would not have it any other way though. I think it is a very well made film and definitely a 4.5/5 for me. Deepika is phenomenal in it. 

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Chhapaak is stable at the box office. Earning at 2-2.5 crores per day range. 

Six days total is around  26.17 crores.

Source - www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/tanhaji-vs-chhapaak-box-office-day-6-ajay-devgn-film-earns-a-massive-rs-106-96-cr-deepika-padukone-movie-steady-at-rs-26-17-cr/story-L7skny05CVxNbqADZQCslN.html

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 4 years ago
.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Looks like recovering its budget won't be a problem. Good.

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

Looks like recovering its budget won't be a problem. Good.

Budget is 35cr. I guess life time will be around that or  2 cr short of that. Depends on the weekend 

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

already declared a flop. 🙃

Chhapaak was flat despite the partial holiday as will collect in the 2-2.25 crore nett range. The film is going to be one of those rare films that will actually lose money joining Pagalpanti and Panipat in recent times. It wont lose as much as those films but a 5-7 crore loss looks on the cards due to the rejection of the content. The five day figures of the film will be around 22 crore nett and it could be that the lifetime of this film is less than the first two days of Tanhaji - The Unsung Warrior.

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1217675529488191488?s=21

Chhapaak Poor On Wednesday

Thursday 16 January 2020 12.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Chhapaak was poor on Wednesday as it collected 2.25 crore nett and remained flat while all the other films being be it new or hold overs all went up in the 5-15% range. the film could not even even grow much in Mysore which had a big holiday and that market is also best for this type of content.

The collections of the film stand at around 24.50 crore nett and it is likley to see major drops over the next two days. Even a open second week will not help much due to the rejection of the film. The business is low across all circuits with even the ones where there are a lot of high end multiplexes not doing well at all.  The collections of Chhapaak till date are as follows.

Friday - 4,50,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 6,50,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 7,00,00,000 apprx

Monday - 2,00,00,000 apprx

Tuesday - 2,25,00,000 apprx

Wednesday - 2,25,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 24,50,00,000 apprx

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago
.Lonewalker. thumbnail

I finally watched it today. I personally really liked it, though I will say it's not for everyone. The screenplay & script were a bit dry. It was more like a documentary rather than a movie. Maybe it was actually the right thing to do, considering the sensitive subject. The jumps between past & present makes it a bit tough to follow. The movie follows Malti's plea of Acid Ban & the Attacker's proper punishment rather than trying to gain sympathy from her tragedy. The tragic event wasn't fully disclosed until the last 15-20 minutes. 

Maybe if the timeline was kept simpler & had we dived into the story right from the moment of attack, maybe it would have been more gripping & interesting. Subject is praise worthy no doubt. Performances of the actors are really great. Especially Deepika. You wouldn't even recognise it's her. She is Malti through & through. Rest of the cast were pretty great as well. But at the end of the day, it's not a commercial movie. Movies like these rarely find audience here. It's sad.

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Her-mion-e

Budget is 35cr. I guess life time will be around that or  2 cr short of that. Depends on the weekend 

Oh. I thought it was 30 Cr.

Anyway there are other ways to recover budget than box office. Satellite rights, music rights etc. So it will recover its budget at least. Movies like these shouldn't face loss. That will only discourage making of such movies.

Gewels thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The problem is with definitions. Some movies are not mass release movies, but niche movies and should be released as that. Are Indian cinema audiences, in this case, metro audiences able to see movies like this and appreciate them as such? In other words, if such movies are released as niche movies to select cinemas, will they find a welcome audience? This could be why movies such as this and 'the sky is pink' don't do well, and then they say the movie is a flop. These are manifestly not mass release movies, and shouldn't be classed as such. JMO!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

😊

Thursday Update - Tanhaji FANTASTIC - Chhapaak CRASHES

Thursday 17 January 2020 00.00 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Tanhaji - The Unsung Hero has had a fantastic hold on Thursday collecting in th 11-12 crore nett range. The holiday factor is over in most places, it may be there in a few centres in the Hindi belt but that will hardly add 2-3%. The film has dropped 30% from Wednesday but there were whole states having the holiday affect on Wednesday unlike a few centers on Thursday.

The film is just 20% down from the first day and that tells how strong the film is as you would pray for a 20% drop on Monday and here the film is just 20% down on Thursday. It was the crucial day on Thursday and the film has come through with flying colours.

The first week numbers of the film are the 116 crore nett and it will be the second Friday which will tell where the film will go. There will be a drop of screens which is natural after week one but the ticket rates at multiplexes will go back up and if Maharashtra maintains this pace where it has hardly dropped on day seven from the first day then it will be huge 8th day for the film. Despite these huge numbers it has not actually done that well Delhi NCR, East Punjab and West Bengal but this shows how huge Maharashtra is and Mumbai circuit will probably compete with the biggest films of all time outside Bahubali - The Conclusion.

Chhapaak crashed on Thursday with collections down 40% on Thursday to 1.25-1.50 crore nett. This basically gives the film no chance as another drop will be coming on Friday. The first week numbers will hardly be 26 crore nett and the 35 crore lifetime figure is looking  tough the reach and the competition Tanhaji - The Unsung  Hero covered this much in just 2 days.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

So Chhapaak might not even cross the opening weekend of Raazi. Right in the range of numbers Anushka gets with NH10/Pari. Sharp decline despite all the promotion and the music element.