Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
KBC News - It's nice to know I can make people smile, says SRK

Shah Rukh Khan says he's learnt a lot about himself through KBC.

As KBC reaches its half way mark, Shah Rukh Khan is beginning to take stock of his experiences on the sets of KBC. From interacting with anything between 500-600 fans every single day to the millions who leave him messages on KBClive, Khan says all of this has helped him learn a lot of things about himself.

"I've realized that I can be very good with people. I love interacting with people who like me and even in some cases who don't like me. I can chat with them, talk to them, make them feel at ease and comfortable. And I've never had a chance at such a long stretch to be able to try that. I've done it a few times when I've done live shows. But this has given me the opportunity to understand that 'Yes, maybe I have a gift which I can utilize to make people smile'. I always thought I could do that through my acting in films and here I'm not acting and yet I can make people smile," says Shah Rukh who considers himself blessed to be given such a gift by Allah.

Just last week Shah Rukh spoke about reaching the half way through the season on his blog on KBClive. He wrote that he would miss being on the sets, meeting everyone and the whole KBC experience.

"Like I've said before I will miss it. I will miss meeting people and interacting with them, chat with them … sometimes they are strangers so make them open up and speak their heart out at other times. I'll miss that nice feeling of knowing that you make people happy. So I would take back the feeling that 'I wish this hadn't ended'. Yeah I'll miss it for sure," says one of India's and the world's favourite host and actor.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_smile.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
KBC News - The BIG Crash

Hot Seat Contestant crashes from 25 lakhs to 6, 40,000 rupees.

With Ajith Tharakan becoming the highest winning contestant on KBC on Thursday, everyone was looking forward to Monday night's episode. And the manner in which Arvind Mishra seemed to be collecting his prize money, it sure looked like Ajith's record could have been in jeopardy last night. But sadly it was not to be as Arvind gave the wrong answer to the thirteenth question and crashed from 25 lakhs to 6, 40,000 rupees.

Arvind, from Varanasi, had steadily moved up the KBC ladder through the night. When he reached the tenth question 6, 40,000 he still had three lifelines intact and it sure looked that he could have become the first crorepati this season. But after that things began to go wrong for Mishra. Arvind was confused and decided to flip his question. Again he wasn't sure about the new question and so he decided to use another life line – 50:50 at this stage. He then got it right and reached the next question for 12, 50,000 rupees. He answered this and the next one for 25 lakhs as well without using a lifeline but decided to use his last life line – phone a friend- for the thirteenth question.

However, he decided on the wrong answer and crashed to 6, 40,000. After his loss, Arvind seemed quite disappointed. "Obviously it would have been great to have won 25lakhs. But what's done is done… I can't change that. But this money is good for me too. It will help me a lot. And meeting SRK was one of the greatest experiences of my life. He was just brilliant!"

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_bigcrash.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Sallu ka nikaah? It's only hawaa

By: Upala KBR
April 12, 2007

Rumours of his wedding to Katrina Kaif drove 500-strong crowd deewana

Keeping 'em Guessing: Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif

Yesterday morning, a crowd of around 500 persons collected outside Galaxy Apartments, Salman Khan's Bandra residence. The crowds were excitedly discussing Salman's marriage to girlfriend Katrina Kaif.

According to the rumours, the duo had gotten married in a hush-hush ceremony on Tuesday. The crowds wanted a glimpse of the happy couple.

Says a source from the film industry, "The industry has been abuzz with speculation about the Salman-Katrina marriage ever since the Abhi-Ash wedding date had been announced.

Some people even thought that Salman and Katrina would announce their wedding date a day before or the same day as the Abhi-Ash wedding (April 20) and upstage their event." And that's where the wedding rumours apparently started.

Kat's in Dubai

When contacted, Katrina Kaif burst into laughter. "I think everyone has gone mad! I couldn't have got married yesterday! I have been shooting for Abbas-Mustan's Race with Akshaye Khanna in Dubai for the last three days.

Right now, I have just come back from shopping with my sister Isabel who is with me in Dubai, and we are having a gala time shopping and enjoying the food."

Wait a little longer

According to a source in Star Plus, "Everyone knows that Salman and Katrina have shot for KBC3 with Shah Rukh but what no one knows is that this episode was planned to coincide with the Bachchan-Rai wedding.

Shah Rukh Khan's KBC3 starring Katrina and Salman will be aired on April 19 (just a day before the wedding).

It will be one of the most viewed shows on air and will garner high TRPs as Salman and Katrina together have never come on TV for a show.

So while the media will be busy trying to catch what's happening on the wedding that day, the viewers will be sitting at home watching KBC3."

When asked about her return to Mumbai, Kat says, "I am coming back at the end of the month," says Katrina. That rules out marriage for Sal-Kat at least on April 20!

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/april/155253.htm
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Priyanka dethrones Ash

The actress replaces Aishwarya as the most-coveted woman of contestants on Kaun Banega Crorepati

Subhash K Jha

Priyanka Chopra has replaced Ash as the most popular actress on Kaun Banega Crorepati as far as male contestants are concerned. Ninety per cent of the contestants are obsessed with her. Yet, what is more interesting about this feat is that the lady who earlier attracted the most attention from male contestants on the show was none other than Ash. Evidently, Priyanka has taken over from Ash as the most popular woman on the show.

Priyanka is happy to have this honour "I'm aware of this. It's very sweet. In fact, when I shot for KBC this was mentioned to me. I'm told men on KBC want to take me anywhere from a restaurant to the moon." As regards her taking over Ash's former position, she says, "I hope I don't get married next year."

She adds, "Seriously speaking, I like being popular. That's what we work towards. I've been here for three or four years. I've a long way to go still. Considering I don't have a godfather in the industry, and I'm just an ordinary girl from Bihar in Bollywood, I feel doubly gratified when people appreciate me."

Mumbaimirror
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Bidding adieu to KBC
Monika Rawal

The biggest game show in the history of Indian television – ' Kaun Banega Crorepati '- is once again going off air. It's neither an April fool prank nor a rumour doing the rounds - the news is confirmed and official. 

The last episode of the show would be aired on April 19, and this will bring the third season of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) to an end. This might come as a shock for SRK fans and for the rest of the game show buffs, who will have to now re-schedule their prime time slot of 9 pm that was so far occupied by KBC.

But why is the show being taken off air again? Is it because King Khan failed to hold the audience the way Big B did? Or is it the rumors of TRP ratings taking a nose dive? Neither, actually. Contrary to belief, most of the audience has indeed liked SRK as a host and the rest were gradually coming under his spell.

And as far as TRP ratings are concerned, Harsh Rohtagi, GM, marketing and content, Star India says, "We are getting happy TRP ratings from 6 to 8. Comparing the present with the previous season, a two-fold difference has been noticed."

So will this sudden news of the show being put off the air come as a disappointment for millions of viewers who dream of being in the hot seat some day? Read on! 

Star TV's contract with production house Celador allows it to have a season of only 52 episodes, despite the fact that the channel has telecast rights for KBC for next five years. According to Rohtagi, , "The show was already planned to run for the subsequent season and thus this 13-week activity has come to an end - with 52 episodes for each season."

"We would tentatively resume in January or February next year but this might go up or down by some weeks. When the show comes back after a gap, it would have some new and exciting changes and that's the key to hold on to the viewers," shares Rohtagi.

The channel may have reason to be concerned about viewer-ship – if the beginnings of this season are anything to go by. The initial days of KBC's third season were dominated by endless comparisons between SRK and Big B; however, King Khan successfully put his best foot forward, added some pizzazz to the show and made it look different.

The following period also witnessed several controversies ranging from the channel's falling TRPs to SRK's failure to meet viewers' expectation. Despite his growing popularity on the show, the audience did take a long time to get accustomed to and accept the new host.

Was the King Khan's comeback on small screen after a 20-year gap destined to be short-termed? Not really! Bollywood's King Khan will continue to host the show in its next season as well. But this would be a long wait for KBC viewers and SRK fans because the show plans to hit the small screen again sometime next year. 

However, this puts a question mark on the channel's policy on a year-long hiatus before starting the next season. With such a long gap between two seasons, won't the channel need to put in more efforts to jog the viewers' fading memories?
"Most of the shows follow 13 weeks or 26 weeks format and a six to eight month break is needed between two respective seasons," explains Rohtagi.

He further says: "A set season ensures a set viewer-ship for any show and most of the format shows operate in seasons only. This concept might sound new but it is being followed across the globe for shows like 'American Idol' and 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire."

Or is it that such a break will give the channel some time to negotiate with advertisers and convince them to shell out more money for the show again? Or maybe because format shows tend to become boring after some time and the audience needs a reasonable break to come back to it again.

Whatever the reason, it's time for all KBC buffs and SRK fans to bid farewell to their favourite show ... for a while anyway.

http://xtraedition.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1860101,c urpg-2.cms

Fashion_2005 thumbnail
What's Myanmar's capital? Naypyidaw

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2007 03:26:20 AM>

If you're one of the fortunate few to add a few lakhs to your income while presumably being watched on prime time TV by millions of strangers, do not relax if Shahrukh asks you on KBC-3 to name the capital of Burma as Myanmar used to be known.

Do not fall for an audience poll or ring up a friend who pretends to be surprised that he's talking to the Badshah of Bollywood and then tells you in three of the stipulated 30 seconds that the capital of Myanmar is Rangoon as Yangon used to be known.

The correct answer is Naypyidaw which does not mean "I do not know" but is Burmese for "Royal Palace/City" or "Abode of Kings". The military regime which rules Burma announced the new capital's official name on Armed Forces Day in March 2006.

While opposition groups maintain that the rationale for shifting to the centrally-located Naypyidaw is the apprehension of a seaborne-invasion by a US-led coalition force, the official explanation is that Yangon has become too congested for any further expansion, adds Wikipedia.

To date, however, most of the KBC-3 queries — even the ones which add lakhs to the income — are not of the Naypyidaw kind. Especially simple are the questions which enable one of the ten participants on each programme to qualify for the hot seat.

The night of Wednesday, March 11, saw a young guy being faster than seven other gentlemen and two ladies when it came to arranging the four stages in a woman's life in their chronological order — daughter, wife, mother, mother-in-law! The qualifier also quipped that if he won Rs 2 crore, he would like to go to Swaziland and become the king.

While Shahrukh wondered why, while making it abundantly clear that the contestant's declared ambition was not meant to be taken seriously by any of the viewers in Swaziland, Wikipedia tells us that the reigning monarch King Mswati III has 12 wives and two fiancees, some of them chosen at the annual Umhlanga or Reed Dance where topless maidens perform.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Opinion/Editorial/Whats_ Myanmars_capital_Naypyidaw/articleshow/1907580.cms
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
SRK questions Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif

Relax... it's only for KBC!!

Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif will appear on the season finale of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) April 19, a day before the Abhishek - Aishwarya wedding and on the day of Aishwarya's mehendi ceremony.

Shah Rukh Khan is expected to wind up the season with a lot of fanfare.

The appearance of Bollywood's newest couple on KBC is likely to be a big draw for Salman fans who will be riveted to their television screens at 9 pm that night to watch the newest lovebirds of Bollywood appear together on primetime television for the first time.

While it is moot whether the Salman – Katrina joint appearance will steal some of the thunder from the Abhishek – Aishwarya wedding as some people are suggesting, it will definitely boost KBC's own lackluster TRP rating.
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Another wish, almost fulfilled

Here's some more news on Shah Rukh Khan's new house, behind Mannat

Back to Section Stories Posted On Sunday, April 15, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Mumbai Mirror Bureau

Jannat ahead? SRK with wife Gauri
Our khabroo has been out and about at Bandstand, more specifically around Shah Rukh Khan's bungalow, Mannat. Which brings us to the closely guarded six-storeyed building constructed just behind it by SRK. We're told that although it looks more or less complete from outside, it will still take another year to get its interiors done to the satisfaction of Gauri Khan.

One of the floors will serve as Shah Rukh's office. Meanwhile, the floors where the five Khans will reside - Shah Rukh, Gauri, their two children and SRK's sister - will be the stuff luxurious dreams are made of. As far as inside reports go, the bathrooms are being made especially indulgently. They're the size of large bedrooms, designed to suit the by now well-known bathroom habits of Shah Rukh, who loves to spend a fair amount of time in the day reading in there. To each his own, as they say.

Jannat ahead? SRK with wife Gauri
Once the Khans move in, our khabroo says, Mannat will be more or less shut down, though well-maintained. It will be opened up for the bigger, A-lister parties. Right now, even though Mannat covers many thousand square feet, it doesn't make for actual, practical living space. Much of the ground floor is a hall the size, in a manner of speaking, of a football ground. (Not too many journalists can see the details here since the 'guest' bathroom is cleverly constructed, just outside this hall. So if you think you're being clever by asking to go and then checking out the hall, SRK is a step ahead.) Evidently a more 'practical' living space is in order for the Khans.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Aaja nach le

And That Is How You Do The Bihu Boogie: Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan

KBC 3's grand finale on Thursday will have not one, but two, celebrity pairs: Kareena Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra and Salman Khan-Katrina Kaif.

Needless to say, this episode will be a two-hour special (what with all the stars needing enough space to showcase their charitable deeds and their sense of humour, no?).

And since all grand finales go out with a bang, we're learnt that Salman and Shah Rukh will be doing the jiggy thing on the song Bhangra paale from their 1995 hit film, Karan Arjun! But the fun doesn't stop there.

Apparently, SRK dares Sallu to do the 'Bihu dance' on that song — an Assamese dance form that participant Mridul Gogoi taught him earlier — leaving the audience and a somewhat stunned Katrina amused and impressed.

Now this we've got to watch!
niti_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
KBC losing viewership, Star tries innovation

Aminah Sheikh / Mumbai April 16, 2007

Confronted with declining viewership of its much-touted quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), Star Plus has found a new way to bring in viewers.

It has launched a quiz called Khelo India Saath Saath through which viewers at home can play from home with the contestant in the hot seat and win cash prizes.

One winner is choosen for every question and is awarded Rs.1 lakh for the correct answer. Also, there is no limit on the number of entries sent by an individual per question. The contest, Star TV says is drawing viewers.

Confirmed Viren Popli, senior vice president of Star Mobile Entertainment, "We have received around 7 million calls during the first week of the contest"

He further added that the number of calls had doubled during the week when the contest was running as compared to the previous week when the number of calls received were around 3 million.

Shah Rukh Khan's KBC3 has seen a substantial dip in its television viewership ratings (TVR). It recorded a TVR of 12.33 in the Hindi speaking belts and a TVR of 11.26 across populations in Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata, on day one, according to TAM Media Research. However, the TVRs have been receding.

In the period from April 2 to April 5, the TVRs were in the range of 4.45 and 5.86, according to TAM Media Research.
Edited by niti_26 - 17 years ago