Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

The day SRK cried!

The actor has very fond memories of KBC, which ends today (it'll be back by the end of the year)

By: Upala KBR

Tonight is the night when Shah Rukh Khan will appear on Kaun Banega Crorepati 3 for the last time (okay, we're getting sort of dramatic here, but technically it's true, no?) While this season comes to an end today, despair not dearies, for SRK will be back before you know it later this year. Here, King Khan shares with us some of his memories from KBC 3.

How did you feel on the last day of the shoot (March 26)?
I felt very sad that it was ending. It was difficult bidding farewell to everyone. KBC 3 wasn't just work but lots of enjoyment too. Almost 200 people were involved. It was exciting meeting new people and waiting for something different to happen. In film shoots, we know the scenes; in KBC 3, there was something new happening every day — some good and some not so good. On the last day, everyone got nostalgic. We had a wrap-up party that went on till 4.30 am. We all sat and chatted and I gave everyone little gifts. It was great.

Salman Khan never comes on TV. Did it take much convincing to bring him on KBC 3?
No. Salman knows that I won't ask him or anybody else personal questions. Shilpa Shetty was to come on the show too. I wanted three couples, and Katrina was to come with Lara, but it didn't work out. It was only a last minute decision to have Salman and Katrina Kaif together. So I asked Salman if he and Kat would come together, and he consented. It was as simple as that. All four of them — Salman, Kareena (Kapoor), Katrina and Priyanka (Chopra) — were very sweet. Salman knew most of the answers. In fact, he was constantly poking fun at the questions pretending like he didn't know the answers.

How have your children reacted to KBC 3?
They love it. In fact, my son Aryan was very disturbed when he heard that it is ending. His teacher and friends love the show and he loves to show off how young and cool his father looks on KBC (laughs). He was only satisfied when I said I would be coming back.

What's the biggest lesson you've learnt from TV?
I've learnt to be more real, from people who are not as financially gifted as I am. Stars live in ivory towers and get disconnected from reality. So KBC helped me reconnected to reality and to simple and kind people. I will be a better actor after this stint. I've discovered that people love to have a good laugh, so sharing my sense of humour with them made me feel happy.

Your most emotional moment on KBC 3?
There was this man who lost after the first five questions, but he was brilliant in the dummy run. He was not well versed with TV or films, else he would have been fantastic. After he lost, his wife kept telling me that he is an intelligent man. Woh bahut achche hai (he's very smart), she kept saying. I literally cried. I felt very sad because he indeed was very smart.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan to bid adieu in grand style

19th Apr 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

As the third season of the popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati comes to an end tonight, joining Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in bidding adieu to the TV viewers will be a galaxy of stars from the tinsel town.

The grand finale episode of KBC will see the leading glamorous ladies of the silver screen Kareena Kapoor with Priyanka Chopra and one of the hottest pair of tinsel town, Salman Khan with Katrina Kaif come together on the KBC hot seat.

Kareena's appearance on the KBC along with Priyanka, Salman and Katrina will be the first time ever that these Bollywood heartthrobs are coming together on a game show.

It will be SRK's first tryst with Kareena and Priyanka after Don .

Sources in Star Plus said that what contributes to the 'fun filled atmosphere on the final episode of the KBC is the wit and whacky humour displayed by Salman.

"Salman will leave the audiences rolling in splits of laughter with his wit and wacky humour. The episode also has Priyanka exercising her vocal chords and belting out melodies that will leave audiences speechless," the sources said.

Talking about her experience on the show, Priyanka said, "KBC was a fantastic experience and I enjoyed myself to the hilt. Sitting across Shahrukh can be quite nerve wrecking, but he completely put me at ease.

"In fact he was completely driven up the wall because Kareena and myself would keep debating which answer to opt for and always came up with different options. The fun was complete with Salman and Katrina on the show, where all of us did the last segment together," she said.

The ravishing Kareena will donate her prize money to St. Anthony's old age home and mount Mary's Bandra, and Priyanka will contribute her prize money to Nari and the Utkal Bipanaa Sahayata Samiti while Katrina will donate her prize-money to the Kovalam Charitable Trust and Salman will donate his money for his soon to be opened Salman Khan Foundation (SKF), the sources said.

The final episode of the KBC will have SRK revisit some of the "magical and fun filled moments during the previous episodes.

In fact, in his inimitable style, SRK will come up with the khamakhan awards with the various humorous moments on the show divided into various categories like Khan ki khoj (some inventions on the show like topi, gale milna etc)', krazy kiya re (some unforgettable moments with some unforgettable contestants), kyunki hum sab kalakaar hain (some entertaining performances on KBC) and khullam khulla pyar karenge (some romantic moments between SRK and female contestants).

The celebrity guests, who will be clad in stunningly black outfits, will announce the nominees and the winners of khamakhan awards.

It will be a glittering finale to what has been one of the most talked about shows on the Indian television scene in recent months.
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Grand End For SRK And KBC

By Krishna Jewel, AllBollywood.com Staff
April 19, 2007

Tonight will see the end of the third season of the popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati and joining mega superstar Shah Rukh Khan in bidding so long for now to the TV viewers will be a great many stars from tinsel town.

The grand finale episode of KBC will bring us some of the glamorous ladies of the silver screen, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra, and the widely talked about pair, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif will be on the KBC hot seat.

The show might have a bit of a Don feel, with SRK, Kareena and Priyanka gracing the same set.

According to sources at Star Plus, what contributes to the 'fun filled atmosphere' on the final episode of the KBC is the wit and whacky humour displayed by Salman.

"Salman will leave the audiences rolling in splits of laughter with his wit and wacky humour. The episode also has Priyanka exercising her vocal chords and belting out melodies that will leave audiences speechless," the sources said.

Speaking about her KBC experience, Priyanka said, "KBC was a fantastic experience and I enjoyed myself to the hilt. Sitting across Shah Rukh can be quite nerve wrecking, but he completely put me at ease.

"In fact he was completely driven up the wall because Kareena and myself would keep debating which answer to opt for and always came up with different options. The fun was complete with Salman and Katrina on the show, where all of us did the last segment together," she said.

Kareena will donate her prize money to St. Anthony's old age home and mount Mary's Bandra, and Priyanka will contribute her prize money to Nari and the Utkal Bipanaa Sahayata Samiti. While Katrina will donate her prize-money to the Kovalam Charitable Trust and Salman will donate his money for his soon to be opened Salman Khan Foundation (SKF), the sources said.

The final episode of the KBC will have SRK revisit some of the "magical and fun filled moments" during the previous episodes.

As a matter of fact, in his inimitable style, SRK will come up with the khamakhan awards with the various humorous moments on the show divided into various categories like Khan ki khoj (some inventions on the show like topi, gale milna etc)', krazy kiya re (some unforgettable moments with some unforgettable contestants), kyunki hum sab kalakaar hain (some entertaining performances on KBC) and khullam khulla pyar karenge (some romantic moments between SRK and female contestants).

The celebrity guests, clad in stunning Black outfits, will announce the nominees and the winners of khamakhan awards.

It will certainly be a glittering finale to what has been one of the most talked about shows on the Indian television in quite a while.

http://www.allbollywood.com/v2/bd/stc/nws/2007/4/19/23473.sh tml
anishma24 thumbnail

KBC Queen Priyanka Chopra?

By Subhash K Jha

90 percent of the men who sit on the hot seat opposite Shah Rukh Khan in KBC share a fantasy. They want to take Priyanka Chopra on a holiday.

The cynosure of all sighs giggles at the observation. "I'm aware of this. It's very very sweet. In fact when I shot for KBC this was mentioned to me. I'm told men on KBC want to take me anywhere from a restaurant to the moon."

During Mr Bachchan's tenure on KBC it was Aishwarya Rai who seemed to occupy the maximum male attention.

Priyanka ponders that one. "Oh, really? I hope I don't get married next year." She laughs. "But seriously, I like being popular.That's what we work towards. I've been here for 3-4 years.

I've a long way to go. Considering I don't have a godfather in the industry, and I'm just a girl from Bihar in Bollywood, I feel doubly gratified when people appreciate me."

Priyanka just finished judging the Femina India Miss India contest. "It made me so nostalgic. It was a very emotional moment for me. I remembered my own walk on the ramp.

I knew exactly what the girls were going through. It was tough. I kept telling the other judges to get it right, because it could make or break lives….Life since the Crown has been tough. The walk from the ramp to screen hasn't been easy for me. So far the journey has been worth the while.

To keep one's head on the shoulder and one's family by one's side is very important. I'd be nowhere without my family."

She has more reason to get nostalgic. "Big Brother is the first film I shot for. But miraculously we completed most of the film in the last six months. So it's as fresh as a daisy. I haven't done a film like this.

And my co-star Sunny Deol will always remain special. I'm still very nervous of him. I still can't look him in the eyes. There's so much respect for him when he walks into a room. It's easy to get enamoured of his personality."

Priyanka remembers her initial gawkiness. "I didn't know where to stand, which way the camera was facing. Today I'm far more confident. I'm learning. I go to my set everyday like school."

She admits Sunny is the prime focus of Big Brother. "So were Krissh and Don. I think it's important to be part of successful films. Once I stand on my own I can do heroine-centric films. Right now I'm trying to do box-office-compatible films. I'm not ready to shoulder a film yet. I leave it to Sunny's strong sturdy shoulders."

Priyanka won't sign a new film until it excites her. "Till then I've my ads and stage shows. And I'll take that holiday which I've never taken in my life."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=14425
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Check out videos of the KBC grand finale episode

By IndiaFM News Bureau, April 18, 2007 - 11:23 IST

After enthralling viewers across the country with Fifty Two entertaining episodes of quizzing, the time has come for season one of Kaun Banega Crorepati with SRK to bid adieu. But not just like that! The Badshah of Bollywood in his trademark style is all set to entertain viewers with an exciting, one of a kind, fun-filled episode of KBC. The grand finale episode of KBC will see the leading ladies of the silver screen Kareena Kapoor with Priyanka Chopra and the hottest pair of tinsel town, Salman Khan with Katrina Kaif when they come together on television for the first time ever on a game show.

Salman will leave the audiences rolling in splits of laughter with his wit and wacky humor. The episode also has Priyanka exercising her vocal chords and belting out melodies that will leave audiences speechless.

http://indiafm.com/features/2007/04/18/2550/index.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
KBC News - Cricket fever grips KBC and SRK

The World Cup has arrived on KBC.

As the World Cup fever grips cricket fans all over the world, KBC and Shah Rukh Khan aren't far behind either. Being a sports fan himself, SRK brought cricket to his KBC sets.

"I do like sports. And I'm looking forward to the World Cup... we've got cricket bats signed by the entire team sent especially for the contestants on KBC. And I've got my t-shirt on to show my support for the team," says Khan as he gears himself up for the World Cup.

Needless to say he supports India but who is his favourite cricketer?

"I like the Indian team and there's no bias in saying that. I think Sachin is great and I know him personally. Saurav is wonderful and so is Rahul as a batsman. Sehwag can do great on a day. Yuvraj is upcoming and has a lot of fighting spirit. I actually like all the cricketers. I like the sport and I appreciate anyone who plays well on a day and it could range from Adam Gilchrist to Ricky Ponting to Brian Lara to whoever is doing well!"

Khan says he plans to catch as many matches as he can. "I think with the time difference the main attraction starts post 10 PM and if I'm not shooting at nights and even if I am with CAS and set top boxes it takes about 5 minutes to set it up wherever you are shooting. So that's a great thing. I think post 10 PM is when the matches will get interesting and I will be home by that time for most of them so I will catch them at home. And if I am out shooting somewhere then we'll get a dish fixed somewhere so we can catch it there!"

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_cricket.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
KBC News - Crash! Boom! Bang!

It's been a week of crashes on KBC.

It's been a crazy week of crashes since the start of the week on KBC. From Arvind Mishra at the start of the week to Vishal Shah last evening – all of them have crashed from relatively strong positions. So we ask the one man who has all the questions for an answer. What's going on, Mr. Khan?

Shah Rukh explains, "I think earlier on people try to save their lifelines though I forewarn them. But sometimes I think some little thing gets stuck in their head and they decide to go for it. I think the loss of the crash is so less – although there have been big ones as well – but as far as the lower ones are concerned, as per my understanding, they feel 'ok we are at 40, we don't need to use a lifeline, there's room for it, let's just go for it.' And they feel really bad because suddenly they realise that the game is over. That's why I keep telling them be sure, be clear, use your lifeline but I guess sometimes something gets stuck in your head and they go for it! And many at times they are right also."

"See it's a chance, this game. If you know the answer, you know the answer and if you don't know then it's a game of chance!" says the Host.

SRK wants to advise his upcoming contestants.

"Please be careful. There is always a chance to take the money and go back home. We have a lot of fun here. Make sure you know the importance of the money and victory. You know you get carried away. People may say 'what the hell we'll take a chance' and you do take chances - that's nice but please don't be rash. So the tip is be a little careful... prudent, even," advises Shah Rukh as he reminisces the various crashes.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_crash.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
KBC News - SRK wears the Mundu

What made SRK wear a Mundu on Thursday night?

When SRK reached the sets to resume play with Sanjaya K. from Mannar, he was pleasantly surprised to see his contestant in a traditional dhoti from the South known as a Mundu. Khan, who was completely dressed by then in his dark olive green suit, decided he wanted to wear a Mundu too. The whole unit was ready to shoot but there wasn't a spare Mundu to be found!

So the Synergy team sent a runner to the market close to Film City to get hold of one. There was no time to iron it either and just as it arrived Shah Rukh along with his new Mundu arrived on the floors. And he looked at Sanjaya to help him wear it!

"It was great! I had a lot of fun. When I got to the sets I saw Sanjaya wearing it and I felt it would add a nice flavour if I tried it on too. I hadn't ever worn a Mundu before so I decided to play safe and wore it over my trousers!" says Khan about his experience with the Mundu.

Friday, March 16, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_mundu.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
KBC News - The week that was…

Highs and lows from the week gone by.

KBC this week began with Arvind Mishra who seemed ready to replicate Tharakan's performance from the previous week. Steadily and patiently Arvind moved up to 6, 40,000 rupees with three lifelines still intact. At this point the 2 crores looked very attainable for him. Soon Arvind was at 25 lakhs and for the next question he decided to use his Phone – a – Friend lifeline. However, unfortunately Arvind froze the wrong answer and came crashing back to 6,40,000 rupees from 25 lakhs.

Next on the Hot Seat on Monday night was Sameer Gujjar from Delhi. Shah Rukh seemed to enjoy Sameer's company as he was from the army. At close of play on Monday night Sameer had reached 5,000 rupees. Sameer resumed play on Tuesday night and managed to answer nine correct questions and won 3, 20,000 rupees.

However, the next question for 6, 40,000 rupees was his undoing. He gave a wrong answer and came down to 20,000 rupees. Vishal Shah, from Baroda, took the Hot Seat on Sameer's exit. By the end of the episode on Tuesday night, Vishal had accumulated 40,000 rupees. Vishal began play with Shah Rukh again on Wednesday night and steadily reached 12,50,000 rupees based on knowledge and sometimes on chance. At the next question, for 25 lakhs, Vishal decided to take a chance again. But this time his luck ran out and he came back down to 6,40,000 rupees.

Replacing Vishal was Sanjaya K. from Mannar and by close of play on Wednesday night he had reached 40,000 rupees. Dressed in his traditional Mundu from Kerala, Sanjaya resumed play with a similarly dressed SRK. However, sadly for Sanjaya, he couldn't get very far in the game. He had to leave the game with 20,000 rupees as he gave the wrong answer.

Dr. Vikas Gupta is currently on the Hot Seat and has already won 1,60,000 rupees and has three lifelines still intact.

This week has definitely seen more lows than highs for the KBC contestants but here's hoping that the next week brings better luck for Vikas and the remaining contestants!

Friday, March 16, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_wtw1.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
KBC News - Kids are losing value of money says Shah Rukh

Shah Rukh feels kids today don't value money as much as they should.

Shah Rukh Khan is in quite a thoughtful mood these days and he says it's the youngsters coming on his show who make him stop and think. Shah Rukh says that often he meets young kids and even some young adults who don't value money.

SRK, who has come up the hard way and earned every penny that he owns today, says that youngsters today don't value money because of the elders in their families. "I don't think people my age should crib or complain about kids not valuing money because we have created it very clearly. We crib about our children being on the telephones all day long and then we pay for their mobile bills."

"I believe those times of musical chairs at birthday parties are over. Earlier we used to play this game at birthday parties and one kid used to win a gift at the end of the party. But now, you have goodie bags where everyone gets a prize," adds the father of two growing children.

Shah Rukh believes that parents try to compensate the lack of time with money. "Somewhere along the line I feel that people of my age group have tried to substitute time and love with their kids and measure it with material. We take that extra toy when we can't spend time with our children and so they get used to that. Everything is accessible. Everything is easy now. I don't think we should complain but it's really very sad that the value of money in kids is going down."

He says that often he meets youngsters on KBC who don't understand the opportunity that they are getting with this money. "I get very disturbed when some youngster takes a risk... I don't know... there was this young guy who lost at 25 lakhs or 12,50,000 rupees and he went 'oh this doesn't make a difference' and I was like 'wow'. I earned my first lakh at the age of 27 years old which is not very long back and I valued it very dearly. And I know my son won't and other youngsters I see today won't either. And it's very sad to see that and I think they should – we should say it but I don't know how it will happen – that they learn to give some more value for money!"

Monday, March 19, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_money.html