Kaun Banega Crorepati 3 (KBC3) with SRK

KBC 3(with srk) : Concept and Articles

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey All!!

Please post all article/intervews regarding Kaun Banega Crorepati 3 here. Do not post any comments here.

luv ayesha đŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Princess - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notfadedaway thumbnail
Kaun Banega Crorepati 3 Already Worth 130 Crores !

Even before it goes on air ( later this month) , popular TV show
Kaun Banega Crorepati , in its third season has raked in close to Rs
100-130 crore .The latest to join the sponsors' bandwagon for Shah
Rukh Khan's KBC 3 are Pantaloon Retail (Big Bazaar) and Godrej Sara
Lee, confirmed Paritosh Joshi, president– ad sales and distribution,
Star India.

According to sources , Star has sold ad slots for the show which
goes on air from January 22 at an estimated Rs 10-13 crore per
sponsor, said sources.

As the show has no title or presenting sponsors, the ten main
sponsors will share the same mileage, roughly each sponsor will have
1 to 1.5 minutes visibility for each episode.

The repeat sponsors from last year's show (KBC 2) are Airtel,
Hyundai and Cadbury. After the recent bidding battle, Motorola has
replaced Nokia, which was on board with KBC 2. The other new
sponsors this year are UTI Mutual Fund, Videocon, Godrej Sara Lee,
Jyothi Labs, Pantaloon Retail (Big Bazaar) and the UB group.

With less than three weeks left , Star is yet to decide on the bank
presenting the cheques. Sources said, the contenders are HSBC, ICICI
Bank, Barclays Bank and Kotak (which was on board last year).

Lenovo was the integrated computer brand on the show previously .
This year with King Khan being the host and also the celebrity
endorser for Compaq , Star have a tough decision to make .
notfadedaway thumbnail
First Look: SRK's KBC promos start

It's time to make the seat hotter.

Star TV is pulling out all the stops to maximise viewer interest for
its new version of Kaun Banega Crorepati, starring Shah Rukh Khan.

After a teaser campaign revolving around how some questions can
change a person's world, the channel launches the first full-fledged
advertisement for the new show on Friday, December 29.

And what a mammoth advertisement it is. Clocking in at a tremendous
130 seconds, the theme film centres around a little kid, played by
four-year old Shrey Bawa, pictured here on Khan's lap.

Growing up in Delhi, the child annoys everyone around him as he
grows up constantly asking questions. His world is fed up and he
leaves the capital behind in his search for answers.

His destination, Mumbai, gives our hero a whole new set of
questions. But this time, he's on the receiving end as the city
bombards him with queries.

Finally, we realise life has come full circle as the young boy has
finally reached a place where he gets to ask all the questions.
Enter King Khan, the new Kaun Banega Crorepati host.

srkthebest thumbnail
taking shah rukh khan as the host of KBC3 is the wisest descison the star family has ever done...way to go!
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Amitabh Bachchan way ahead of Shah Rukh Khan: Survey

10th Jan 2007 14.22 IST
By Agencies

A survey by an independent media agency says that mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan way ahead of Shah Rukh Khan as 'a choice of host' for Kaun Banega Crorepati.

Optimum Media Solutions (OMS), Mudra's independent media agency, conducted a study titled EAR (Estimation of Audience Response) by taking the 'Junta's Vote' on their perception of the much talked about third season of KBC.

Interestingly, the 'junta' has vouched for Bachchan in terms of 'a choice of host'. The study points out that "Big B is clearly way ahead of King Khan, across generations, cities, gender and SECs. Nothing, or no one, beats the on-screen presence and charisma of Amitabh Bachchan."

The highly anticipated show has raised multiple questions regarding King Khan's competency as a quizmaster with obvious comparisons to the Big B. In this respect, OMS has attempted to fore tell the fate of KBC and has outlined the core objective of the survey, to estimate the response level of the viewers towards watching KBC with SRK as its anchor.

With a sample size of 200 men and women in each city among SECs A, B and C and age bracket of 25 - 44 years, the study was conducted across the three metros of the Hindi viewership belt (Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata).

Even though the study suggests that among all categories of viewers Bachchan remains the original choice as a host for the show, a large section of the sample (71 per cent) are willing to give SRK a chance before writing him off. Coupled with 21 per cent who will definitely continue watching KBC , a very high 92 per cent of viewers polled are going to 'try' the first few episodes of KBC.

This poses a scary thought for Star Plus, which has thrown in big monies (an estimated Rs 130 crores solely on sponsorships) for the revamped KBC.

Expectedly, a major chunk of the SRK loyalists consist of females, Delhiites, and the up-market segment, which bodes well for the advertisers aiming at women and higher SECs. Although 20 per cent of viewers polled are likely to remain loyal viewers, there are still 50 per cent of viewers who are ready to flirt with other options. This can be seen generally as the fallout of initial skepticism about the change in host for a 'host-centric' program like KBC.

What clearly emerges from this study is that, though compared unfavourably vis--vis Bachchan by all audience groups, the new host is definitely worth a bet for advertisers for the first few episodes, when the audience will 'check-out' SRK on the 'Hot Seat'. Which is why this 'sampling' phase will be so crucial to the show.

It also appears to be a long-term win-win situation for advertisers targeting Women and the Up-market segment of the population.

Optimum Media Solutions president Chandradeep Mitra said, "Given that the day of reckoning for Star Plus is drawing nearer with the impending launch of KBC-3, advertisers and the media fraternity is waiting with bated breath for the final verdict of the Indian viewers. Will they accept the 'Badshah' as the successor to the 'Shahenshah' in the 'Hot Seat'? Will they still be as loyal as they had been in the previous seasons of KBC? Will it be another successful venture for the Star Plus and be viable enough to rake in the advertising 'moolah'? Will it redefine Indian television viewing yet again by its star-glitz? All these can only be speculated upon as of now, and for an improved prediction, one needs to go to the viewers to feel the initial pulse and receptivity of the Indian audience."

http://apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20070110-1.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
SRK to replace Big B in KBC 3

New Delhi: Fans of popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati are in for a big treat as the makers of the show have found a new replacement for superstar host Amitabh Bachchan.

Sources have told CNN-IBN that none other than ShahRukh Khan will get into the Big B's shoes this time around. Star TV's money-spinner show is expected to be back on the small screen in March next year.

Bachchan had recently said in an interview that the modalities for the third run of the show were being worked out with the channel. But it seems the makers had a bigger surprise in store for the audience.

Kaun Banega Crorepati, which is loosely based on the famous UK game show Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, was first aired in 2000. The show was revived four years later as Kaun Banega Crorepati Dwitiya in which the prize money was also doubled to Rs 2 crore.

But the second run of the show was short-lived as Bachchan fell ill. Now it seems Star TV is all set to revive the show with an eye on the TRPs that the show had once managed to garner. And as far Shah Rukh's brand value is concerned, Star has struck gold.

So, post-Don, get ready for another Big B versus SRK match.

(cnn-ibn)
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Rohit Khilnani

Sunday, November 26, 2006: (Mumbai):

KBC is back but this time star host Amitabh Bachchan is going to be replaced by King Khan.

Shahrukh Khan has participated in an episode of KBC in the past and says that he is delighted at the opportunity of hosting the show.

"Mr Bachchan expressed his disinclination to do the show and we respect his decision. We are indebted to him for what he brought to the show but now it is time to move on and who better to hand over the baton to than Shah Rukh Khan," said Samir Nair, CEO, Star India.

"Shooting will begin by December-end and we expect this season to be on air by January-end," Nair added.

Shahrukh admitted it would be "a huge act to follow" in the footsteps of Amitabh, who made KBC one of the country's most watched TV programmes. (With PTI inputs)

http://www.ndtvmovies.com/newstory.asp?section=Movies&id=569 3
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shahrukh to replace Amitabh as host of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'

Mumbai, Nov 26. (PTI):

Amitabh Bachchan fans are in for a disappointment but admirers of Shahrukh Khan can rejoice as he will take over from the Big B as host of the hugely popular TV game show "Kaun Banega Crorepati".

Shahrukh said, he was "pleasantly surprised" when the STAR network offered him the show but admitted it would be "a huge act to follow" in the footsteps of Amitabh, who made "KBC" one of the country's most watched TV programmes.

Samir Nair, CEO of the Star India channel that airs the show, told PTI here, "Mr Bachchan expressed his disinclination to do the show and we respect his decision. We are indebted to him for what he brought to the show but now it is time to move on and who better to hand over the baton to than Shah Rukh Khan.

"We have been in talks with Shah Rukh Khan for over a month now and he expressed his willingness to do the show. Shooting will begin by December-end and we expect this season to be on air by January-end," Nair said.

Shah Rukh Khan was quoted in a Star India release as saying, "I was pleasantly surprised when STAR offered me the show. I was a participant in season one of KBC...and little did I know one day I would be hosting it.

"It is a huge act to follow, that of Mr Bachchan...but it also excites me that I am getting an opportunity to reach out (and) talk and interact with my audience through a medium where I began my career as an actor years ago."

The hugely popular show, characterised by Bachchan's baritone and personality, was in its second season when it had to be cut short due to the star's sudden illness.

Since then Star had been in talks with Bachchan for the next season of the show based on "Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire", but those fell through.

Nair said, the contract with Shahrukh would be for two seasons with an option to extend it further if required. He declined to comment on the remuneration for Shahrukh, saying, "It is adequate."

"Shahrukh will bring to the show boundless energy and his own unique personality that will make it a new KBC all together. We will not be calling this season three in particular.

"However contestants who were not allowed to participate in the second season will be allowed to compete in this season," he said.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200611261510.htm
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shah Rukh to replace Big B in KBC 3

IBNLive Specials

NEW LIFELINE OF KBC: Shah Rukh Khan will get into the Big B's shoes and he says he is game for it.

New Delhi: Fans of popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati are in for a big treat as the makers of the show have found a new replacement for superstar host Amitabh Bachchan.

None other than Shah Rukh Khan will get into the Big B's shoes this time around. Star TV's money-spinner show is expected to be back on the small screen in March next year.

"I was pleasantly surprised when STAR offered me the show. I was a participant in season one of KBC and little did I know one day I would be hosting it," Shah Rukh says.

"It is a huge act to follow, that of Mr Bachchan but it also excites me that I am getting an opportunity to reach out, talk and interact with my audience through a medium where I began my career as an actor years ago," Shah Rukh adds.

Bachchan had recently said in an interview that the modalities for the third run of the show were being worked out with the channel. But it seems the makers had a bigger surprise in store for the audience.

Kaun Banega Crorepati, which is loosely based on the famous UK game show Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, was first aired in 2000. The show was revived four years later as Kaun Banega Crorepati Dwitiya in which the prize money was also doubled to Rs 2 crore.

But the second run of the show was short-lived as Bachchan fell ill. Now it seems Star TV is all set to revive the show with an eye on the TRPs that the show had once managed to garner. And as far Shah Rukh's brand value is concerned, Star has struck gold.

"We are extremely delighted to announce the Next Generation avatar of KBC and are even more pleased to present Shah Rukh Khan, as its host. We promise to engage and deliver to our audiences a whole new entertainment experience," CEO, Star Entertainment India, Sameer Nair says.

So, post-Don, get ready for another Big B versus SRK match.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/srk-to-r...3/27077-8.html

Video:

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/27077/...-in-kbc-3.html
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan to replace Amitabh Bachchan as 'KBC' host

26th Nov 2006 22.00 IST
By Agencies

Amitabh Bachchan fans are in for a disappointment but admirers of Shah Rukh Khan can rejoice as he will take over from the Big B as host of the hugely popular TV game show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'.

SRK said, he was "pleasantly surprised" when the STAR network offered him the show but admitted it would be "a huge act to follow" in the footsteps of Bachchan, who made "KBC" one of the country's most watched TV programmes.

Samir Nair, CEO of the Star India channel that airs the show, said in Mumbai, "Mr. Bachchan expressed his disinclination to do the show and we respect his decision. We are indebted to him for what he brought to the show but now it is time to move on and who better to hand over the baton to than Shah Rukh Khan.

"We have been in talks with Shah Rukh Khan for over a month now and he expressed his willingness to do the show. Shooting will begin by December-end and we expect this season to be on air by January-end," Nair said.

SRK was quoted in a Star India release as saying, "I was pleasantly surprised when STAR offered me the show. I was a participant in season one of KBC...and little did I know one day I would be hosting it.

"It is a huge act to follow, that of Mr. Bachchan...but it also excites me that I am getting an opportunity to reach out (and) talk and interact with my audience through a medium where I began my career as an actor years ago."

The hugely popular show, characterised by Bachchan's baritone and personality, was in its second season when it had to be cut short due to the star's sudden illness.

Since then Star had been in talks with Bachchan for the next season of the show based on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", but those fell through.

Nair said, the contract with SRK would be for two seasons with an option to extend it further if required. He declined to comment on the remuneration for SRK saying, "It is adequate."

"Shah Rukh will bring to the show boundless energy and his own unique personality that will make it a new KBC all together. We will not be calling this season three in particular.

"However contestants who were not allowed to participate in the second season will be allowed to compete in this season," he said.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20061126-2.html