Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Akshaye: Vinod Khanna would never have returned if Osho’s US

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

commune wasn’t ‘disbanded, destroyed’

Akshaye spoke to Mid Day about his career and his relationship with his father, late Vinod Khanna.

Ever since the Netflix series on controversial godman Rajneesh, there has been a renewed interest in him and his philosophy. Unwittingly, Akshaye has had a close association with the cult, thanks to Vinod Khanna becoming an avowed follower to the guru. Speaking about the time Vinod Khanna decided to leave his family and the worldly life to become a sanyasi (monk), Akshaye said that he was only four or five when his father left them, adding that it was only when he turned 15 or 16 that he realised what had happened. “One doesn’t look at it like that at five. Osho had nothing to do with my thoughts about why my dad wasn’t there. That came much later. As one grows, maybe 15 or 16, you start learning, listening or reading about the person who…”

“To not only leave his family, but to take ‘sanyaas’ (renunciation). Sanyaas means giving up your life in totality — family is [only] a part of it. It’s a life-changing decision, which he felt that he needed to take at the time. As a five-year-old, it was impossible [for me] to understand it. I can understand it now.”

Explaining further, he said he did eventually understand that something deep within must have moved his father to give up everything. “In the sense that something must have moved him so deeply inside that he felt that kind of decision was worth it for him. Especially, when you have everything in life. And when life doesn’t look as though there’s much more that you can have.”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

So he has forgiven his dad, basically.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Poor kids. It must have been so hard for them and their mom.

The quote given in the headline is missing from the article.🤔

Did Vinod Khanna ever speak against the Osho after he returned?

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago
JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

So he has forgiven his dad, basically.

His dad had launched him in Bollywood.

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: togepe30

Poor kids. It must have been so hard for them and their mom.

The quote given in the headline is missing from the article.🤔

Did Vinod Khanna ever speak against the Osho after he returned?

No...never

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yes and please post the full article or lemme find myself..

Edit- I did find it. He says further that Vinod Khanna might have never come back if things hadn't gone South...

Edited by nigahen - 4 years ago