Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nishita23 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Wow.... U have written it so beautifully... Special the shayri... Love it.. 

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter Eight

“Abir…” Mishti hesitated.

“I know, okay,” Abir told her. “Mujhe pata hai tum kya kehna chahti ho. Yeh sab bohot jaldi ho raha hai, abhi waqt sahi nahi hai. I know tum abhi bhi mujhpe poori tarah trust nahi karti. I understand all of that. I accept it, too. But… Mishti main… Main aur nahi kar sakta. Mujhe tumhaare saath rehna hai toh rehna hai. Bas. Aur kuch mujhe nahi pata.”

“Abir… Iss tarah… Aise? Yeh sab…” She tried to articulate.

“Yehi sahi hai, Mishti. Main… Main kisise chupkar tumse shadi nahi karna chahta. Aur hum woh kar bhi nahi rahe. Main bas… Main tumse ek vaada karna chahta hu. Aur kuch nahi. Main vaada karna chahta hu ki ab main tumhe kabhi chodkar nahi jaunga, ki main tumse kabhi kuch nahi chupaunga, ki main hamesha tumse pyaar karunga. Main yeh saare vaade karna chahta hu, main tumhe khud par haq dena chahta hu. Main… Main nahi chahta ki aage jaake kabhi kuch aisa ho jisse tum mere pyaar pe shaq karo, tum mujhpe bharosa na karo. Main woh security tumhe dena chahta hu, Mishti. Please… uske liye mana mat karna,” he pleaded.

“Lekin Abir… humaari families…” She trailed off.

“Mishti, inn sabse humaari family ka kya lena dena? Yeh sirf… yeh sirf tumhaare aur mere liye. Aur kisike liye nahi. Jab… Jab cheezein theek ho jaayengi, tab… tab hum proper ceremony karenge, sab riwaaz follow karke. Woh jo bhi ho… but aaj… yeh toh kar sakte haina?” He asked. “Please?”

“Abir!” She exclaimed, falling to her knees in front of him.

“Please, Mishti!” He pleaded, yet again. “Please, marry me!”

“I love you, Abir!” She declared, unable to hold back any longer. He was trying so hard to make it up to her, so very hard. She just couldn’t ignore it any longer. She’d wanted to say it so many times during the day, had wanted to just reach out and hug him tight and tell him that she loved him, that she’d always loved him, even when she was trying to desperately hate him for what he’d done. But she wasn’t able to. Something kept holding her back. Perhaps the fear that he would leave again, or maybe it was her broken heart and broken trust that wasn’t ready to let him know that he was still the most important person in her life.

But, now… Now it had all changed. Abir had proposed marriage. The same man who had torn their wedding card two months ago was now on his knees in front of her, asking for one more chance. A chance to make it right, to love her. How was she supposed to not say it after that? How? She’d always loved Abir. That was a universal truth, just like it was true that the earth was round and the grass was green. And she just had to tell him. She couldn’t hold it in any longer.

Abir looked at her, absolutely stunned. He couldn’t believe what he’d just heard. Had Mishti actually told him that she loved him? Even after everything? He hadn’t thought she’d be ready to say it so quickly, but his angry chorni always knew how to surprise him. So, really, he should have expected that she’d do something to catch him off guard.

A huge smile lit up his entire face, and Abir looked more like Mishti’s Ajeeb Rajvansh than he had in months. He took her hands in his own shaking ones and then brought them to his eyes in reverence, as he was prone to do on occasion.

“Thank you, Mishti,” he told her, his voice thick with emotion. Mishti could see he was trying very hard not to cry and smiled. Her Ajeeb Rajvansh was probably the most sentimental person in the world.

“I love you!” He told her. “But aaj bhi tumhe apne ghutnon pe nahi dekh sakta. Khadi ho jao!” Saying so, he pulled her up. Mishti wasted no time in hugging him.

“Let’s get married!” She said once she pulled back.

“Are you sure?” Abir asked.

She nodded. “Tum sahi keh rahe ho. Yeh bas humaare liye. Baaki formal shadi toh baad mein hoti rahegi. Aaj humaari shadi ka din hai, Abir. Aur main yeh din aise hi jaane nahi dena chahti.”

Abir nodded and hugged her again. “Thank you, Mishti!”

He made her wear the ring and then bent down to kiss it, making Mishti blush. Then, they released all the balloons into the air, together.

He took her hand in his and pulled her to the bonfire that was burning, the same bonfire by which he’d broken up with her two months ago. With slow, yet steady steps, they began to circle it, making vows to each other with each completed circle.

“I promise, main hamesha tumhaari respect karunga. Tumhaare nazariye ki respect karunga, tumhaara point of view samjhunga. Kabhi apni marzi tumpar thopunga nahi. Tum jo karna chahti ho, jab karna chahti ho, jaise karna chahti ho… tumhe kisi cheez ke liye nahi rokunga. Tumhe uss tarah rehne ki freedom hogi jaise tum chahti ho," Abir started.

Mishti took over for the next vow. “I promise, main tumhe hamesha support karungi. Chahe woh kitna bhi difficult kyu na ho, main tumhaare saath khadi rahungi. Har decision ke liye hum dono responsible honge. Equal partners. Khushi ho ya gham, dono mein saath dungi."

And then, it was Abir’s turn again. “I promise, main tumhe kabhi koi mauka nahi doonga ki tumhaara mujhpar se bharosa toot jaaye. Kabhi tumse jhooth nahi bolunga. Tumse kabhi kuch nahi chupaunga. Sach chaahe kitna bhi kadwa ho, main tumhaare saath hamesha share karunga.”

Mishti replied with a vow of her own. “I promise, main hamesha, sabse zyada, tumpe bharosa karungi. Kabhi bhi tumpe bina wajah shaq nahi karungi. Bina tumse jaane, kisi baat ko assume nahi karungi.”

“I promise, main tumhe hamesha khush rakhne ki koshish karunga. Lekin… agar kabhi koi dukh hua, toh usse hamesha tumhaare saath baantunga. Tumhaari hansi dugni kar dunga, aur tumhaare aansu aadhe,” Abir vowed.

“I promise, main tumhe support karungi, lekin agar kabhi tumne koi galti ki, toh tumhe batane se peeche nahi hatungi. Galat raaste pe chalne se tumhe rokungi,” Mishti promised.

“I promise, main tumse hamesha sabse zyada pyaar karunga,” Abir told her. “I promise, main tumse hamesha sabse zyada pyaar karungi,” Mishti replied.

With the last vow, they both stopped, right where they'd started. Abir fished out a box from his pocket. Opening it, he removed the locket that he'd so ruthlessly discarded from her neck that day.

"Abir!" Mishti whispered. "Yeh… Yeh kahaan se aaya?"

"Uss din… Jab tum chali gayi thi… Uske baad maine paani mein se nikaal liya tha. Uss din se leke aaj tak… Yeh locket, is box mein hi raha hai. Aur yeh box… Humaare ghar mein, tumhaari painting ke peeche.

Tumhe pata hai… Tumhaari baaki saari cheezein maine apne paas hi rakhi hain. Tumhaare ear rings, tumhaari puraani ring, tumhaari diary, tumhaari tasveerein. Sab kuch. I guess, kyuki tumne mujhe woh sab diya tha. Bas… Woh painting, aur yeh locket. Yeh kabhi nahi rakha. Kyu… Well, kyuki mujhe lagta tha ki main unhe paas rakhna deserve nahi karta.

Painting maine tab banayi thi jab mujhe pata bhi nahi tha ki main tumse pyaar karta hu… Lekin uss din… Jab sirf iss painting ko bachaane tum aag mein utri… Mujhe samajh aa gaya tha ki main tumse bohot pyaar karta hu.

Aur… Yeh… Yeh locket… Maine tumhe uss din diya tha jiss din humne finally ek doosre ko pehli baar I love you kaha tha. Lekin phir… Uss din maine… I just snatched it out. That was barbaric. I can't believe tum uss baat ke baad mere saath ho. Main kabhi tumhe kisi bhi tarah hurt nahi karna chahta, Mishti, but physically toh bilkul bhi nahi karna chahta. I'm sorry.

But… Yeh pendant… aur woh painting… Yeh dono uss Abir Rajvansh ke hain jisne tumse woh vaade kiye the… Jo unn vaadon ko nibhaana jaanta tha. Beech mein maine usse kho diya tha. Toh… Uski cheezein apne paas rakhna mujhe sahi nahi laga. Lekin ab… Ab main phirse wohi wala Abir ban'na chahta hu. Tumhaara Ajeeb Rajvansh," he told her.

Mishti had started crying half-way through his words, but now, she began sobbing in earnest and immediately hugged him.

"Tum mere Ajeeb Rajvansh ho. Aur hamesha rahoge," she told him. "Yeh baat koi nahi badal sakta. Tum bhi nahi."

"I love you, Angry Chorni," he said. Pulling back, he wiped Mishti's tears and kissed her forehead. His hand slowly crept up the side of her body to her neck, and he gently moved all her hair to one side. Once that was done, he brought the locket up and tied it around her neck. His fingers lingered near the small patch where he could feel some unevenness, indicating the spot that he'd hurt that day.

"I'm sorry," he told her once again. He bent down and kissed the spot, sending a shiver down Mishti's spine. Her hold on his lapel tightened, as did Abir's arms around her. She buried her head in his chest and he nuzzled her neck.

Smiling, Mishti expertly dropped an origami bird, one that she'd made while she was getting ready for the night, into his chest pocket. Abir felt her fingers moved and grinned tightening his arms further.

"Congratulations, Ajeeb Rajvansh!!" Mishti wished him, pulling back.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Agarwal Rajvansh," he replied, grinning widely.

"I love you!" They both chorussed, making the other laugh. And then, Abir hugged her yet again, unable to believe that this was actually his life now. His Angry Chorni, in his arms, forevermore.

Yes, things were difficult right now. He'd made a mess out of everything, and making it right wouldn't be easy, but he had her by his side, and Abir knew, that with Mishti, he could win the world. And one day, he would. For now, he would just bask in her presence and love upon her like he'd been dying to for the past two months. Everything else could wait. 

So, there you have it! Ajeeb Rajvansh & Angry Chorni are married... kinda! <3

Hope you people liked it! :D

Don't forget to like and drop a comment! :)

Melodic_angel thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DMGThings

Chapter Eight

“Abir…” Mishti hesitated.

“I know, okay,” Abir told her. “Mujhe pata hai tum kya kehna chahti ho. Yeh sab bohot jaldi ho raha hai, abhi waqt sahi nahi hai. I know tum abhi bhi mujhpe poori tarah trust nahi karti. I understand all of that. I accept it, too. But… Mishti main… Main aur nahi kar sakta. Mujhe tumhaare saath rehna hai toh rehna hai. Bas. Aur kuch mujhe nahi pata.”

“Abir… Iss tarah… Aise? Yeh sab…” She tried to articulate.

“Yehi sahi hai, Mishti. Main… Main kisise chupkar tumse shadi nahi karna chahta. Aur hum woh kar bhi nahi rahe. Main bas… Main tumse ek vaada karna chahta hu. Aur kuch nahi. Main vaada karna chahta hu ki ab main tumhe kabhi chodkar nahi jaunga, ki main tumse kabhi kuch nahi chupaunga, ki main hamesha tumse pyaar karunga. Main yeh saare vaade karna chahta hu, main tumhe khud par haq dena chahta hu. Main… Main nahi chahta ki aage jaake kabhi kuch aisa ho jisse tum mere pyaar pe shaq karo, tum mujhpe bharosa na karo. Main woh security tumhe dena chahta hu, Mishti. Please… uske liye mana mat karna,” he pleaded.

“Lekin Abir… humaari families…” She trailed off.

“Mishti, inn sabse humaari family ka kya lena dena? Yeh sirf… yeh sirf tumhaare aur mere liye. Aur kisike liye nahi. Jab… Jab cheezein theek ho jaayengi, tab… tab hum proper ceremony karenge, sab riwaaz follow karke. Woh jo bhi ho… but aaj… yeh toh kar sakte haina?” He asked. “Please?”

“Abir!” She exclaimed, falling to her knees in front of him.

“Please, Mishti!” He pleaded, yet again. “Please, marry me!”

“I love you, Abir!” She declared, unable to hold back any longer. He was trying so hard to make it up to her, so very hard. She just couldn’t ignore it any longer. She’d wanted to say it so many times during the day, had wanted to just reach out and hug him tight and tell him that she loved him, that she’d always loved him, even when she was trying to desperately hate him for what he’d done. But she wasn’t able to. Something kept holding her back. Perhaps the fear that he would leave again, or maybe it was her broken heart and broken trust that wasn’t ready to let him know that he was still the most important person in her life.

But, now… Now it had all changed. Abir had proposed marriage. The same man who had torn their wedding card two months ago was now on his knees in front of her, asking for one more chance. A chance to make it right, to love her. How was she supposed to not say it after that? How? She’d always loved Abir. That was a universal truth, just like it was true that the earth was round and the grass was green. And she just had to tell him. She couldn’t hold it in any longer.

Abir looked at her, absolutely stunned. He couldn’t believe what he’d just heard. Had Mishti actually told him that she loved him? Even after everything? He hadn’t thought she’d be ready to say it so quickly, but his angry chorni always knew how to surprise him. So, really, he should have expected that she’d do something to catch him off guard.

A huge smile lit up his entire face, and Abir looked more like Mishti’s Ajeeb Rajvansh than he had in months. He took her hands in his own shaking ones and then brought them to his eyes in reverence, as he was prone to do on occasion.

“Thank you, Mishti,” he told her, his voice thick with emotion. Mishti could see he was trying very hard not to cry and smiled. Her Ajeeb Rajvansh was probably the most sentimental person in the world.

“I love you!” He told her. “But aaj bhi tumhe apne ghutnon pe nahi dekh sakta. Khadi ho jao!” Saying so, he pulled her up. Mishti wasted no time in hugging him.

“Let’s get married!” She said once she pulled back.

“Are you sure?” Abir asked.

She nodded. “Tum sahi keh rahe ho. Yeh bas humaare liye. Baaki formal shadi toh baad mein hoti rahegi. Aaj humaari shadi ka din hai, Abir. Aur main yeh din aise hi jaane nahi dena chahti.”

Abir nodded and hugged her again. “Thank you, Mishti!”

He made her wear the ring and then bent down to kiss it, making Mishti blush. Then, they released all the balloons into the air, together.

He took her hand in his and pulled her to the bonfire that was burning, the same bonfire by which he’d broken up with her two months ago. With slow, yet steady steps, they began to circle it, making vows to each other with each completed circle.

“I promise, main hamesha tumhaari respect karunga. Tumhaare nazariye ki respect karunga, tumhaara point of view samjhunga. Kabhi apni marzi tumpar thopunga nahi. Tum jo karna chahti ho, jab karna chahti ho, jaise karna chahti ho… tumhe kisi cheez ke liye nahi rokunga. Tumhe uss tarah rehne ki freedom hogi jaise tum chahti ho," Abir started.

Mishti took over for the next vow. “I promise, main tumhe hamesha support karungi. Chahe woh kitna bhi difficult kyu na ho, main tumhaare saath khadi rahungi. Har decision ke liye hum dono responsible honge. Equal partners. Khushi ho ya gham, dono mein saath dungi."

And then, it was Abir’s turn again. “I promise, main tumhe kabhi koi mauka nahi doonga ki tumhaara mujhpar se bharosa toot jaaye. Kabhi tumse jhooth nahi bolunga. Tumse kabhi kuch nahi chupaunga. Sach chaahe kitna bhi kadwa ho, main tumhaare saath hamesha share karunga.”

Mishti replied with a vow of her own. “I promise, main hamesha, sabse zyada, tumpe bharosa karungi. Kabhi bhi tumpe bina wajah shaq nahi karungi. Bina tumse jaane, kisi baat ko assume nahi karungi.”

“I promise, main tumhe hamesha khush rakhne ki koshish karunga. Lekin… agar kabhi koi dukh hua, toh usse hamesha tumhaare saath baantunga. Tumhaari hansi dugni kar dunga, aur tumhaare aansu aadhe,” Abir vowed.

“I promise, main tumhe support karungi, lekin agar kabhi tumne koi galti ki, toh tumhe batane se peeche nahi hatungi. Galat raaste pe chalne se tumhe rokungi,” Mishti promised.

“I promise, main tumse hamesha sabse zyada pyaar karunga,” Abir told her. “I promise, main tumse hamesha sabse zyada pyaar karungi,” Mishti replied.

With the last vow, they both stopped, right where they'd started. Abir fished out a box from his pocket. Opening it, he removed the locket that he'd so ruthlessly discarded from her neck that day.

"Abir!" Mishti whispered. "Yeh… Yeh kahaan se aaya?"

"Uss din… Jab tum chali gayi thi… Uske baad maine paani mein se nikaal liya tha. Uss din se leke aaj tak… Yeh locket, is box mein hi raha hai. Aur yeh box… Humaare ghar mein, tumhaari painting ke peeche.

Tumhe pata hai… Tumhaari baaki saari cheezein maine apne paas hi rakhi hain. Tumhaare ear rings, tumhaari puraani ring, tumhaari diary, tumhaari tasveerein. Sab kuch. I guess, kyuki tumne mujhe woh sab diya tha. Bas… Woh painting, aur yeh locket. Yeh kabhi nahi rakha. Kyu… Well, kyuki mujhe lagta tha ki main unhe paas rakhna deserve nahi karta.

Painting maine tab banayi thi jab mujhe pata bhi nahi tha ki main tumse pyaar karta hu… Lekin uss din… Jab sirf iss painting ko bachaane tum aag mein utri… Mujhe samajh aa gaya tha ki main tumse bohot pyaar karta hu.

Aur… Yeh… Yeh locket… Maine tumhe uss din diya tha jiss din humne finally ek doosre ko pehli baar I love you kaha tha. Lekin phir… Uss din maine… I just snatched it out. That was barbaric. I can't believe tum uss baat ke baad mere saath ho. Main kabhi tumhe kisi bhi tarah hurt nahi karna chahta, Mishti, but physically toh bilkul bhi nahi karna chahta. I'm sorry.

But… Yeh pendant… aur woh painting… Yeh dono uss Abir Rajvansh ke hain jisne tumse woh vaade kiye the… Jo unn vaadon ko nibhaana jaanta tha. Beech mein maine usse kho diya tha. Toh… Uski cheezein apne paas rakhna mujhe sahi nahi laga. Lekin ab… Ab main phirse wohi wala Abir ban'na chahta hu. Tumhaara Ajeeb Rajvansh," he told her.

Mishti had started crying half-way through his words, but now, she began sobbing in earnest and immediately hugged him.

"Tum mere Ajeeb Rajvansh ho. Aur hamesha rahoge," she told him. "Yeh baat koi nahi badal sakta. Tum bhi nahi."

"I love you, Angry Chorni," he said. Pulling back, he wiped Mishti's tears and kissed her forehead. His hand slowly crept up the side of her body to her neck, and he gently moved all her hair to one side. Once that was done, he brought the locket up and tied it around her neck. His fingers lingered near the small patch where he could feel some unevenness, indicating the spot that he'd hurt that day.

"I'm sorry," he told her once again. He bent down and kissed the spot, sending a shiver down Mishti's spine. Her hold on his lapel tightened, as did Abir's arms around her. She buried her head in his chest and he nuzzled her neck.

Smiling, Mishti expertly dropped an origami bird, one that she'd made while she was getting ready for the night, into his chest pocket. Abir felt her fingers moved and grinned tightening his arms further.

"Congratulations, Ajeeb Rajvansh!!" Mishti wished him, pulling back.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Agarwal Rajvansh," he replied, grinning widely.

"I love you!" They both chorussed, making the other laugh. And then, Abir hugged her yet again, unable to believe that this was actually his life now. His Angry Chorni, in his arms, forevermore.

Yes, things were difficult right now. He'd made a mess out of everything, and making it right wouldn't be easy, but he had her by his side, and Abir knew, that with Mishti, he could win the world. And one day, he would. For now, he would just bask in her presence and love upon her like he'd been dying to for the past two months. Everything else could wait. 

So, there you have it! Ajeeb Rajvansh & Angry Chorni are married... kinda! <3

Hope you people liked it! :D

Don't forget to like and drop a comment! :)

I'm literally crying yaar...my cute babies...how much did they suffer yaar...I can't believe I'm over emotional abt a non existent itv pair...ur work is the best...infact bring more and more mishbirness....this story is amazing

Bananahammock thumbnail

Started stalking your profile waiting for an update on ILYLTF and came across a few new stories that you've been writing. I don't follow this show or know anything about the plot, but if I squint very very hard I can almost imagine this is AR! Beautifully written!

Payal

Edit: please disregard the comment on ILYLTF. I've been trying to delete the comment but for the life of me can't figure out how to use this new IF 😔. If you know please do let me know! 

Edited further: I have been looking for shows to watch now that my kids are finally starting daycare after the holidays. Do you recommend this Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke or is there a show better than this I can start with?

Edited by Bananahammock - 4 years ago
ruhi19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

wow...its very awesome... pm me for nextupdates

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter Nine

A couple hours later, Abir, now changed into his regular clothes, walked back into the Rajvansh Villa. After spending some more time by the lakeside, and sharing a scrumptious dinner, Abir had taken Mishti back home and they’d both changed. Then, very reluctantly, he’d dropped her a little ways away from the Maheshwari Sadan so she could go home. With tensions so high between the family, it would not have been the right choice to drive her all the way over, and so he’d parked a street away and sat in the car till she’d given him a missed call from her landline, indicating she’d reached home safely.

Saying goodnight had been the hardest part in both their days and they’d stayed right there, in the middle of the deserted street for a good fifteen minutes, just holding each other, needing the reassurance that they were still together and nothing would change in the few hours they’d be apart. It would definitely take some time to let the other out of their sight for both of them.

Sighing, Abir trudged up the stairs to his room, thankful that he didn’t have to see anyone on the way there. He really wouldn’t be able to keep up the charade right now. Not when he had his Angry Chorni back.

“Congratulations!” Kunal screeched the second Abir entered his room.

“What?” Abir asked, completely confused. Kunal hurried to him and pulled him inside the room, shutting the door behind him and drawing the curtains so that no one would be to see what was going on inside.

“Nanko… yeh sab kya ho raha hai?” Abir asked, looking around the room. It was filled with red heart shaped balloons, exactly like the ones he’d let loose in the sky sometime ago with Mishti. There was a chocolate cake on the table, one that read congratulations.

“Aaj… Aaj itni khushi ka din hai, Bhai! Aapko kya laga… aapka Nanko itna kanjoos hai ki apne bhai ki sabse badi khushi celebrate bhi nahi karega?” Kunal taunted good naturedly.

"Khushi?" Abir questioned, confused. "Kya khushi?"

Kunal smiled and hugged his brother. "Bhai… Aaj main lakeside pe gaya tha. You know… Jahaan aap kayi baar jaate hain," he said.

That was enough for Abir to realize what was happening. He immediately pulled back, completely panicked. He hadn't been expecting this. He didn't know what to do, what to say. The only thing in his head was that Kunal couldn't tell Meenakshi because if he did, everything would be over.

"Nankooooo!" He breathed, trying to gather his thoughts.

"Bhai! I'm so happy. I knew… I knew ki aap Mishti se ab bhi pyaar karte ho. Woh sab… Gordhane ke baad jo bhi hua… Woh sab jhooth tha. Pata tha mujhe!" Kunal exclaimed.

"Nanko… Tu… Tu yeh sab kya? Main… Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aaya," Abir said.

"Bhai… Shayad main aapke baare mein sab kuch nahi samajhta, lekin itna toh aapko jaanta hi hu ki yeh dekh pau ki aap kab sach bol rahe hain aur kab jhooth.

Aapko yaad hai? Jis din aapka aur Mishti ka gordhana hua tha… Aur agle din aap mandir mein shadi ka card lekar jaa rahe the? Subah mein… Subah mein aap kitne excited the. Shadi ke liye wait bhi nahi kar sakte the. Aur phir ek ghante baad aapne Mishti ko itna humiliate kiya… Uske saath sabke saamne break up kar diya? No. That's not my Bhai.

Mujhe shuru se hi shaq tha… Isliye main baar - baar aapse poochne ki koshish kar raha tha. Lekin aapne kabhi kuch kaha nahi. Isliye phir maine poochna band kar diya kyuki main Mishti ke baare mein baat karke aapko aur hurt nahi karna chahta tha. But… But aaj… Aaj maine aapko aur Mishti ko lakeside pe dekha! Ab… Ab aap dono ke beech sab kuch sort ho gaya hai, right?" Kunal asked, sounding like an excited kid.

"Agar… Agar main aur Mishti phir se ek saath ho… Iss baat se tujhe khushi hogi?" Abir questioned, amazed.

"Bohot, bohot, bohot khushi hogi, Bhai!!" Kunal replied. "I know pehle main iss relationship ke against tha… But itne time mujhe yeh toh samajh aa gaya hai… Shayad ho sakta hai Mishti aapke liye perfect nahi hai, but mujhe toh aisa hi lagega na kyuki mere liye aap perfect ho aur aapke liye koi perfect nahi hai… lekin… Lekin sirf Mishti hi hai jiske saath aap khush rahenge. Aur agar aap khush hain… Phir aur kuch toh matter hi nahi karta."

"Nanko!" Abir exclaimed, hugging his younger brother. He knew that it would be too much to expect that Kunal had magically started liking Mishti and seeing her as a prospective life partner for Abir. But the fact that Kunal understood that Abir wouldn't ever be happy with someone other than Mishti, and that he was happy in his brother's happiness touched Abir deeply.

“So, aaj toh celebration banta hai!” Kunal reiterated. Abir nodded enthusiastically. Abir cut the cake as Kunal cheered. The two brothers fed each other some cake and then got into a cake fight.

“Bhai… ek baat poochu?” Kunal asked the two of them lounged on his bed.

“Of course, Nanko! Pooch na,” Abir encouraged.

“Agar aap Mishti se abhi bhi pyaar karte hain… toh aapne break up kyu kiya?” he asked. “Pichle 2 mahine se aap itne akele rahe… kisiko kuch pata bhi nahi chalne diya… kyu Bhai?”

“Nankoooo! Aajke din yeh baat kyu kar raha hai?” Abir questioned petulantly. "Please. Aaj yeh sab nahi. Main khush hoon, tu khush hai. Itna kaafi haina?"

Kunal sighed but nodded. He really was ecstatic for his brother. He'd always known that there was no way Bhai had stopped loving Mishti overnight. He did somewhere suspect that his mother was behind it, which is why he wanted to know, but he'd leave it alone if that's what his brother wanted.

"Waise… I know maine pehle aapki help nahi ki thi, lekin iss baar… I'm with you, Bhai. Aapke saath har kadam pe. Main jaise bhi help kar sakta hoon, I want to," he told Abir.

"Really?" Abir asked, looking extremely excited.

"Haan, Bhai. Of course!" Kunal responded.

"Awesome! Toh… Kal subah… Tujhe mere saath ek bohot important kaam karna hai," Abir told Kunal.

"Important kaam?" Kunal asked. "Kya?"

"Woh toh main kal subah hi bataunga," Abir replied. "Bas tu jaldi ready rehna."

Kunal nodded and then left his brother alone, getting ready for bed. After closing the door behind him, Kunal stood there for a minute, though he wasn't sure why. He peaked back inside Abir's room through the slit in the doors and chuckled lowly when he saw his brother jumping on the bed, shouting, "Yes! Yes! I knew Nanko maan jaayega!"

He hadn't ever realized his one move would make his brother so happy. But it had. And he was forever grateful for that.

-------

Bade Papa sighed as he read the newspaper. Well, not exactly read, so much as held, for he was deep in thought. Mishti was back. Though his heart wept in joy at having his daughter back, Bade Papa was worried that coming back would hurt her. All those memories of her relationship with Abir would haunt her. He didn’t want her to fall weak in front of those memories. He wanted her to move on… To realize that the end of her relationship with Abir was not the end of her life. That she could fall in love again, find someone who would love her the way she deserved, supported her the way she deserved. It would take a while, but Bade Papa was sure that his daughter could do that. She would do that.

But, it would have been easier in London, away from those memories. Here, in Rajkot… Bade Papa wasn’t so sure. He just hoped that things would get better again.

They already seemed to have, he realized, remembering Mishti’s wide smile last night. She’d spent most of the day out of the house, visiting all the places she’d most when she was in London. When she’d come back home, late at night, it felt as if someone else had come back home - the old Mishti, the Mishti he’d brought home with the promise to never hurt. She was wearing her specs again, she was smiling wide. She had the most content expression on her face… as if she’d finally found home after being away at sea for a long time. Maybe that’s why she’d come back so soon. Because she’d missed home. Bade Papa could understand that. The concept of family and home had always been important to Mishti. After having to leave the only home she’d ever known because the people she thought were here family didn’t want her anymore, Mishti yearned for the feeling of home all the time. Bade Papa had always known that Mishti won’t be able to stay away for a long time, that her need for her family would bring her back to India, but he hadn’t thought it would be so soon. He just hoped this turned out to be the right decision for her.

His thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. Bade Papa opened the door, and was surprised to see Kunal standing there, holding balloons in one hand, and a gift bag in the other.

“Good morning, Bade Papa,” Kunal greeted. Bade Papa was so shocked to see him at his home so early in the morning that it didn’t even register to him that Kunal had not called him Uncle like he always did. Bade Papa had always found it iffy that even after the wedding, Kunal had continued to address everyone in the Maheshwari family as Aunty & Uncle. It had been one thing he’d adored about Abir. Even before he’d started dating Mishti, Abir used to greet some of the Maheshwaris with the monikers that Mishti had given them. After he’d given their approval to the relationship, Abir had started calling everyone the way Mishti did. He had truly accepted the family as his own. Bade Papa had loved that about Abir. He’d loved that Abir behaved like their son already - treating everyone with the same respect and love and admiration that Mishti treated them with. He’d been so proud to have found a son - in - law like Abir. But then… Then, he committed the worst crime he could have and broke his daughter’s heart, brutally.

“Shaurye ke Bauji! Jabse darwaaze pe kya kar rahe hain?” Badi Maa asked, entering the living room. It was then that she saw Kunal at the doorstep, waiting to enter.

“Arre, Kunal beta!” She greeted, smiling wide.

“Good morning, Badi Maa,” Kunal replied. “I’m sorry, itni subah - subah aa gaya, woh bhi kisiko bina inform kiye.”

“Arre, nahi! Isme maafi maangni wali kya baat hai? Yeh bhi toh tumhaara hi ghar hai,” Badi Maa told him. “Andar aao, beta!”

She pulled Bade Papa aside and Kunal came inside, touching both their feet and seeking their blessings.

“Khush raho,” both of them blessed.

Bade Papa guided Kunal to the living room while Bade Maa went inside the kitchen to bring some refreshments. In the meanwhile, Varsha, Jasmeet, and Shaurya also came out to meet Kunal. After exchanging pleasantries and making small talk, Bade Papa asked, “Kunal, beta, aaj itni subah - subah? Koi kaam tha kya? Aur Kuhu nahi aayi aapke saath?”

“Actually, Bade Papa… Kaam sirf mujhe tha toh main hi aaya hoon. Kuhu apne events mein kaafi busy rehti hai aajkal. Abhi kal hi uska koi event hai, toh uski preparation ke chakkar mein usse time hi nahi mil raha, toh woh nahi aayi,” Kunal replied.

Things between Kunal & Kuhu had definitely seen a drastic change in these past two months. After Bhai had broken up with Mishti, things had been really tense for a while. Kunal had seen Kuhu cry a lot in those days because of the tensions between their families and also the anguish of her family. He’d tried to be a good friend to her that time and things had progressed from there. Him and Kuhu were now really good friends and they had mutually decided to give up on the idea of divorce, because they liked living with each other. Kuhu had obviously not forgiven him for what he’d done, but they were getting there.

“Kaam? Kya baat hai? Sab theek haina, beta?” Badi Maa asked.

“Jee, Badi Maa,” Kunal replied. “Sab bilkul theek hai. Woh bas… Kal Kuhu se pata chala ki Mishti waapas aa gayi hai… Toh usse milna tha… Agar aap logon ko koi problem na ho toh.”

Bade Papa & Badi Maa exchanged worried glances. Kunal’s dislike for Mishti was not hidden from anyone. After everything that happened, it wasn’t exactly the most prudent thing to let Kunal meet Mishti, but then, he was their son - in - law and visited especially to meet her. They couldn’t be rude and refuse as well.

Sensing their hesitance, Kunal said, “Main jaanta hoon… Mere aur Mishti ke beech mein… I mean… it’s always been rocky. But… jo bhi ho… Mishti ab meri family ka hissa hai… aur main… Main nahi chaahta ki family mein… Ab koi aur issue na ho. Maine bohot galtiyaan ki hai, especially jahaan Mishti ki baat hai. Bas… Ek baar maafi maangna chaahta hu, so that we can start afresh. Please?”

Hey y'all! We back with a new chapter! Sorry for the lack of MishBir in this one, but I wanna show all relationships from the show in this one, and how they all heal from the pain that has been a part of their lives for the last two months.

I hope that you liked this one anyway. Please let me know in the comments! :)

Love, Prags

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: iamthat2019

This is beautifully written 👏

Thank you! :D

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prasanthi

Feel sorry for Abir. You have well expressed his turmoil. 

i'm glad you think so! thank you! :)

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: tasnimrayian

At last story on this forum.

Was  craving for this!!!💔💔💔

Beautiful start.

Please continue.Dont leave midway like many do.

Without stories,weekend seems so boring🥺🥺

hahaha, yeahhh. we need more stories!

i'm not planning to leave it midway, so don't worry! :)

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: Agrata23

wow so beautiful you have explained abir's angst beautifully..eagerly waiting for the next part pls do continue soon😃

thank you so much! i'm so glad you think so :)