Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

While we are at it, yet another remake of this movie is released in Tamil last week  ðŸ˜³Adhithya Varma ðŸ˜³

I haven’t watched it but has anyone else from this forum? The review said it was a little bit better than the original as in here the hero did not impose himself on the heroine but she was equally interested in him....

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: niyati13

Ya that's y I said he will be more careful of his choices now onwards..

Makers may not have anticipated such a backlash..some societies may not see this behaviour as problematic or brush them under the carpet..but when it is made for a larger audience not everyone will keep quiet..

I didn't know about Arjun Reddy but got to know it was a massive hit. A remake was planned just coz audience accepted it...and KS also was a hit. I know of many women who loved it..judge them all u want..

But it saw more people speaking out against it and made the makers realise it's problematic..

Same happened with PPAW. That dialogue was shown to multiple people before trailer release and no one said it was problematic..but it was criticized after trailer release and was removed.

Ab yahan to AR and KS r already released and became superhit. What can the team do? Revoke the print?

I don't know.. maybe don't justify his actions as 'love'...and accept that Yeah we did glofify a piece of shit as a hero. Is that too much to ASK LMAO. 

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

First go about justifying your character and the movie everywhere and then cry when people criticise him. Hadd hai. 

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

He’s so annoying. I love his sense of style but he’s just annoying. He could’ve said something else, anything else while absolving his film too but he just couldn’t because he’s not that smart. Toodles, VD. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

I don't know.. maybe don't justify his actions as 'love'...and accept that Yeah we did glofify a piece of shit as a hero. Is that too much to ASK LMAO. 

Not denying that the movie is problematic..even the director's views are..

But VD isn't exactly defending..that's why he didn't have any comebacks in the interview..

Such movies shouldn't be made..bcoz if someone wants to make koi na koi to mil hi jaayega enact karne ko

Originally posted by: niyati13

Not denying that the movie is problematic..even the director's views are..

But VD isn't exactly defending..that's why he didn't have any comebacks in the interview..

Such movies shouldn't be made..bcoz if someone wants to make koi na koi to mil hi jaayega enact karne ko

Is it really hard for him to say 'Okay we made something problematic and we acknowledge  the criticism and will be mindful of it in the future' end of discussion. Nobody will say anything else after that. But both him and Shahid have tried to justify it on many levels and that's why it will hound him more. There not should be any hesitation at all. Say you didn't understand the connotations before,now you do. Bas.

And true koi na koi mil  jayega and then that koi na koi will have to face the brickbats. Shouldn't be Vijay's headache anymore. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

This is related to Priyanka Reddy right? 

Not sure. 

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Log bhi na kuch bhi expect karte hai. This movie made him a star. Why would he say yeah the movie is problematic, we'll be mindful about it in future😆Even in the interview, when Parvathy was criticizing AR/KS, he kept quiet because he knew if he would speak something, this would start. But he had to speak when Anupama asked him 

Pyaricetamol thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This is related to Priyanka Reddy's case. Read the replies

Originally posted by: KootyPai

Log bhi na kuch bhi expect karte hai. This movie made him a star. Why would he say yeah the movie is problematic, we'll be mindful about it in future😆Even in the interview, when Parvathy was criticizing AR/KS, he kept quiet because he knew if he would speak something, this would start. But he had to speak when Anupama asked him 

Then he stop whining about social criticism. Either apologize or take the criticism. Bas ðŸ˜† Wohi toh praise he will take but criticism lene mein hero ko fragile ego is hurt. Like I said in my first comment 'Boohoohoo' he can keep crying lol.