Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

that was a grp discussion which vijay and parvathy were part of..hence everyone using them as clickbait 

she put her opinions about he movie  and the characters and not HERO exclusively. 

no one has targeted the HERO only here...she said she will avoid such subject if she cant do anything about it..coz after all its director's take...and all she can do is not to be part of it and this applies to both the hero and heroine...

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

He's talking as if he was called out only coz of the character he played in the movie. Wasn't it also coz he dismissed a female actor's opinion as "nonsense" at that table?

He would make good friends with Alia...both seem to be irritated with SM...only difference is one pretends that it doesn't affect her.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: CottonWorld

He dismissed a female actor's opinion as "nonsense" at that table?

I would have liked to see that 👍🏼

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

SRK, Ajay, Emraan,Vivek etc. have played glorified gangsters on screen, Vidya has played Silk Smita, Kangana has played a role based on reality of modelling world..All these people existed and weren't good role models in any way..

Were the actors called out for playing them? They weren't even exactly struggling actors. They were just doing role play.

I would've put Sanju/Ranbir in the list but they received their share of criticism.

Don't get why the actors r being questioned for doing their job.

I saw the interview.. didn't think he was being chauvinistic..he understood and agreed with Parvathy's points

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

SRK, Ajay, Emraan,Vivek etc. have played glorified gangsters on screen, Vidya has played Silk Smita, Kangana has played a role based on reality of modelling world..All these people existed and weren't good role models in any way..

Were the actors called out for playing them? They weren't even exactly struggling actors. They were just doing role play.

I would've put Sanju/Ranbir in the list but they received their share of criticism.

Don't get why the actors r being questioned for doing their job.

I saw the interview.. didn't think he was being chauvinistic..he understood and agreed with Parvathy's points

How many times does a actor play a total dirtbag character that doesn’t get any comeuppance in the end ? Like in gangster movies their glorified but by the end they always get killed. In fashion didnt Kanganas character overdose ? Kabir Singh & Arjun Reddy both behaved terrible throughout the movies. Never apologized or felt remorse or regret and still got happy endings. Not that I care. For me it’s just a movie 🎥 🤣

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DragonBoy49

How many times does a actor play a total dirtbag character that doesn’t get any comeuppance in the end ? Like in gangster movies their glorified but by the end they always get killed. In fashion didnt Kanganas character overdose ? Kabir Singh & Arjun Reddy both behaved terrible throughout the movies. Never apologized or felt remorse or regret and still got happy endings. Not that I care. For me it’s just a movie 🎥 🤣

KS/AR also suffered ya? 

Few r still very much alive..

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Good Lord, no he just did not play a role. He justified such people and defended abusive relationships by normalizing hitting/slapping each other. I'm not surprised that he and his director share the same vile thoughts.

And he was so dull and arrogant in the interview, he did not even give Parvathy a good comeback and is now using this platform to get back when she (or anyone else) cannot counter his views.

Edited by ponymo - 4 years ago
TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: niyati13

Ya that's y I said he will be more careful of his choices now onwards..

Makers may not have anticipated such a backlash..some societies may not see this behaviour as problematic or brush them under the carpet..but when it is made for a larger audience not everyone will keep quiet..

I didn't know about Arjun Reddy but got to know it was a massive hit. A remake was planned just coz audience accepted it...and KS also was a hit. I know of many women who loved it..judge them all u want..

But it saw more people speaking out against it and made the makers realise it's problematic..

Same happened with PPAW. That dialogue was shown to multiple people before trailer release and no one said it was problematic..but it was criticized after trailer release and was removed.

Ab yahan to AR and KS r already released and became superhit. What can the team do? Revoke the print?

Criticize it as much as possible. Already there are so many heinous crimes happening on women, I don't want that movies are used to influence the public more.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2