Deepika and Ranbir should have won Filmfare/ Nat. awards for Tamasha?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Both Ranbir and Deepika were PHENOMENAL in Tamasha. In fact, their career-best performances till date ( at least in my opinion). But these performances were overlooked in the awards functions that year. Piku and Bajirao Mastani swept the awards, and though the actors there were good, they were not a patch on Deepika's and Ranbir's performances in Tamasha.

Do you think they should have won the awards that year?

PS- They were brilliant even in the songs, like the one below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gr_0-MSVyw

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Isse acha hai ke award mujhe de do

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Isse acha hai ke award mujhe de do

But I thought u liked Ranbir in Tamasha😆

DushtKanya thumbnail

Deepika was good yes but not National Award level. Ranbir however was phenomenal. He was at the same level as Ranveer was in Bajirao Mastani imo.

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Oscars ne kya bigada?

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I think Tamasha is my fav performance of Deepika - I can't believe she wasn't even nominated @ Filmfare, but Sonam Kapoor was for Dolly Ki Doli. Heck even DP was there undeservedly for Mastani.

I think National Award should have gone to Kalki Koechlin for Margarita With A Straw because she performed so well and the subject was worthy of that recognition too.

Although DP won for Piku, I think she should've won for Tamasha. But the only thing is, the role was kinda short. 

When it comes to Ranbir, his was my favourite performance of 2015. Although Ranveer, AB, Varun were no less. Comes down to personal tastes.

priya185 thumbnail

No

I didn't like the story

Edited by priya185 - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

That movie was horse shit ðŸ¤£

Bang-bang thumbnail

Filmfares are always up for sale- they are credible awards. Acting wise, Ranbir was pretty good but not phenomenal, and Deepika was decent. But then having been involved with theater for years, am a very strict critic

ShamrozSays thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

I felt the character tara was quite a limited and short character...they didn't really explore her character deeply like how imtiaz did wid ved...it was mostly a ranbir's film and not really a romantic drama...imtiaz could have taken a rising star/actress or B-list actress..like kriti sanon or ileana dcruze or yami gautam or vaani kapoor...

Edited by ShamrozSays - 4 years ago