Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jojaparijat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: shazam1

About preparing wife for widowhood was supposed to be some mic drop moment in Minnie’s head but in this scenario it was just her one track approach to things. In Babita’s case-

1. She has the Haveli

2. If HS died on the job she can get a job in police given to next of kin along with pension

3. She can always have kirayedaar for supplemental income.

4. HS knows Babita has cooking skills- she doesn’t have to have a full fledged catering business but can supply tiffin if it really comes to that

I just get annoyed with Minnie’s one track mind regarding PB business. She has associated everything in her mom’s life with it and she wouldn’t have her mom any other way- without PB business. All issues Minnie has with Babita post marriage were associated with the business. First, why she won’t pay attention to it, then why she just wants to be HS’s wife and now selling the business. If Minnie had actually listened to or observed her mother like she claims to she would have accepted Babita’s decision and should have helped her sell it off at a reasonable price. Babita may be trying to adjust to her married life but I didn’t see Minnie adjusting to the changes. She wants Babita and Hs to behave the same like they did before and doesn’t leave any chance to complain about that not being the case.
of all 3, It comes across that she definitely didn’t have a clue what she wants out of this marriage. Babita just wants to be good wife and HS a good husband who doesn’t want to give his wife any reason to complain and he and Babita are perfectly fine losing PB catering as that is not the source of their happiness. 

Well said! 

tk2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I don’t see why though. Where was the lie in that? Did she insult HS as a person? No....she spoke the truth about the fact that his father was a wife beater. This is something HS has also mentioned many times. So how does her saying that mean she doesn’t love or respect HS? 🤷‍♀️

She even clarified it right then that this statement was about a factual comparison, not to insult HS or his family. This is the blunt girl she’s always been....maybe it’s uncomfortable to hear her speak truths about the Singh family but it doesn’t change the facts. 

Because statements like these can hurt. While the tone and context was very different, her father being called a drug dealer hurt Mini. She wasn't ready to hear him being insulted from anyone else.

Basic empathy should always stay within you, otherwise humans won't differ much from sculptures. She, having gone through all this, having heard these taunts in the days gone past, should know not to relate anyone to those people in the family that a person is already struggling to deal with. Especially when you're so close to that person to know what exactly is hurting them (like Mini to HS). What's the point of hitting a nerve like this?

I know she's always been this blunt, but pointing out this was unnecessary. It wasn't the reason why she didn't want her mother to take up HS's last name, was it? It was about identity. Why make it about HS? If she knows about his father, she also knows about HS and his grandfather.

Also, if a child does something wrong, especially when it's in character, it's the job of the grown-ups around to correct them. She should've been corrected that day.

Edited by tk2015 - 4 years ago
MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I am so looking forward to today's episode after a really long time!! Prepared to be heartbroken still...

Edited by MeghnaGhosh - 4 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I LOVED HS today.....after MANY days his real personality shone through.....KHARI baatein sunaayi Babita ko for all nonsense she was talking.....and that scene made it pretty clear that their marriage can't survive long term at this rate.....she was picking fights with him out of ego simply to prove her point....and already accusing him of taking Mini's side....lol....the irony.....Babita has indeed made this an ego battle that she has to win.....which is why she's talking about haar/jeet from her own daughter.....sadly her mind is totally clouded right now and she won't see reason. 

Mini has also given up in exhaustion and reached the same stage as HS.....ki jo marzi karo Babes, as long as you are happy....I'll make peace with it. Babita has managed to finally exhaust her most tireless supporter. lol

I hope they finally air the letter scene tomorrow.....aur kitna drag karenge.....lol 

She even told aapko to mini hi sahi Lagegi. 

Ironically babita keeps wanting HS mini to be father daughter. But if HS supports mini over her she has an issue with it. How does she thing he should be her father then? How does she want them to bond then? 

I could see HS was so pissed off with babita. The daughter who has supported her throughout she can't understand her and is in a ego tussle with her. He must have lost all hopes of babita understanding him

I wonder if the letter burning scene will air after yesterday's pre-cap or before. Mini hasn't yet said yes to the scholarship. Is there more to it. I hope babita dosent read the mail. And sends a no on minis behalf. Aur siyapaa

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: tk2015

Because statements like these can hurt. While the tone and context was very different, her father being called a drug dealer hurt Mini. She wasn't ready to hear him being insulted from anyone else.

Basic empathy should always stay within you, otherwise humans won't differ much from sculptures. She, having gone through all this, having heard these taunts in the days gone past, should know not to relate anyone to those people in the family that a person is already struggling to deal with. Especially when you're so close to that person to know what exactly is hurting them (like Mini to HS). What's the point of hitting a nerve like this?

I know she's always been this blunt, but pointing out this was unnecessary. It wasn't the reason why she didn't want her mother to take up HS's last name, was it? It was about identity. Why make it about HS? If she knows about his father, she also knows about HS and his grandfather.

Also, if a child does something wrong, especially when it's in character, it's the job of the grown-ups around to correct them. She should've been corrected that day.

She didn’t want to point it out, HS wrung it out of her, remember? 

She had already tried explaining her point about identity but HS was misunderstanding it as her having an issue with his family name......she tried to avoid saying it like this but HS kept pushing her ki tu clear kar.....so she ended up putting it this bluntly to explain to him that the point holds regardless of family name. 

I don’t think that makes Mini lacking in empathy...and she did explain to him that this is about the factual nature of the point....it doesn’t in any way means she doesn’t love and respect him. 

It wouldn’t have been necessary to be this blunt if HS would have understood her point otherwise....but it ended up coming out harshly. And yes, he could have explained to her that there were better ways of putting this....but kis muh se bolta? The brutal truth of her point stumped him....he couldn’t counteract it cuz he has a guilty conscience over it.  Even NB has pointed out this harsh truth to him in the past that he kept a relationship with his father regardless of how much he tortured his mom....so how is only Mini saying it means she lacks empathy? 

Mini didn’t want to make it about his family name specifically....it was Babita who kept drawing the comparison between Khuranas and Singhs to begin with and then HS also got defensive cuz it’s his family name. Mini’s intent was to say ki regardless of family name, your own identity should be first...it shouldn’t be linked to a family name since they moved past this. 

HS could have explained nicely to Mini if they had a better equation anymore....which they sadly don’t.  Things have now reached a point where he hesitates to guide her on anything....itna distance aa gaya hai. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

She even told aapko to mini hi sahi Lagegi. 

Ironically babita keeps wanting HS mini to be father daughter. But if HS supports mini over her she has an issue with it. How does she thing he should be her father then? How does she want them to bond then? 

I could see HS was so pissed off with babita. The daughter who has supported her throughout she can't understand her and is in a ego tussle with her. He must have lost all hopes of babita understanding him

I wonder if the letter burning scene will air after yesterday's pre-cap or before. Mini hasn't yet said yes to the scholarship. Is there more to it. I hope babita dosent read the mail. And sends a no on minis behalf. Aur siyapaa

I guess she wants him to be a father on demand 😆....ki jis din Babita order de ya bole ki haq hai aapka, us din father bano, otherwise Babita ki side lo 😆

She mainly wanted him to be a father to discipline Mini....so I guess she expects him to constantly scold Mini and only take her side? 🤷‍♀️😂

I found that scene super ironic cuz Babita was claiming ki Mini is so childish and bacchon ki zidd nahin maanni chahiye ...😆....while she herself was the one doing childish zidd and expecting everyone to give in to her demands all the time.  

There was also a sense ki Babita resents all these years when she let Mini take the reigns of her life and now she wants make up for all that time and prove that she knows better than Mini since she is the grown adult, not Mini.

I think letter burning scene will likely air after the precap scene. If it’s before this scene, they will all presume she wants to leave because of the letter burning. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeghnaGhosh

I am so looking forward to today's episode after a really long time!! Prepared to be heartbroken still...

I’ve honestly liked all epis since Friday regardless of the impending sad ending. 

Because I’m not sitting here to be defensive on behalf of the actors and rail against the PH all day 😆

I comment based on the content of the epi but this forum is determined to hate all epis daily 🤷‍♀️

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I’ve honestly liked all epis since Friday regardless of the impending sad ending. 

Because I’m not sitting here to be defensive on behalf of the actors and rail against the PH all day 😆

I comment based on the content of the epi but this forum is determined to hate all epis daily 🤷‍♀️

I haven't seen yesterday's yet, so can't comment on that..didn't love Monday's but didn't hate it too...but I actually liked Friday's, we are the minority i guess

Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Not to be rude or anything but at this point (with how they’ve written the storylines) I personally have grown to dislike babita’s character so much that I won’t even miss her in s2. at this rate I’m only sad to HS go and wish they only killed off babitas character 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeghnaGhosh

I haven't seen yesterday's yet, so can't comment on that..didn't love Monday's but didn't hate it too...but I actually liked Friday's, we are the minority i guess

Yesterday’s epi had a scene with NB in the shop feeling bad about it being sold....that was a touching one...you could really feel her pain and despair. 

I also liked the way Mini sunaaoed to Saroj and told her to stop filling bakwaas in Babita’s head. 

HS ka scene was good too. 

I’m personally liking that these epis show HS talking sense again and taking a stand.