Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Reka_ thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

Word to your write up. At last, it all seems to make sense what they are trying to show. 

I think the fact that they are rushing through these things, rather than taking their own sweet time with the storytelling, is making everything seem haphazard but if you pay attention the message is there. 

They can say they're not a message board but Naeem Bi pretty much spelled out what the writers are going for. 

Sigh... I have seen people who end up like Babita in her current state, but so is life.

Well I guess you're right about the story being rushed and also that there was too little introspection of all characters as of lately. 

What irritates me in Babita that besides her conformistic tendencies she did have a caring side to her which I thought just as central to her character as her impuksivities. She did act very impulsively and also barely knew her considering finances e. G when she made that dress for Minnie, but she did it with a caring attitude. I can't fathom what happened to this side of hers. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Reka_

Well I guess you're right about the story being rushed and also that there was too little introspection of all characters as of lately. 

What irritates me in Babita that besides her conformistic tendencies she did have a caring side to her which I thought just as central to her character as her impuksivities. She did act very impulsively and also barely knew her considering finances e. G when she made that dress for Minnie, but she did it with a caring attitude. I can't fathom what happened to this side of hers. 

Who says Babita’s caring side is totally gone? She is still a very caring person....a good person. 

What the story is showing is the fact that our personality flaws can take over our good traits some times. This is quite a realistic thing. Doesn’t mean her caring nature is gone....it’s just overpowered by other things for now. 

She will realize her mistake eventually but by then a heavy price will have been paid. This happens in real life also when our character flaws end up messing our relationships.....no one is perfect. 

guddi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Lol.

Again we are going to have Bacheri Mini the great one again explaining things to everyone, if it does not go her way. 

Now She will ruin Arya life the way she did her Babes by undermining her. After all its all about Bacheri Mini as well in the season 2, so hiw can Arya be spared.

But than she will bitch with Mickey and Preeti about ungrateful Arya, the way she bitched about her Mother to them.

Preethi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

A well character analysis is drawn by you. I appreciate you for pointing out the essence of each of the characters. we as views are prone to watching flawless characters and Fairy-tale endings onscreen that sometimes we wish for such traits forgetting the real life situations. In real life we don't have flawless characters. Everyone has grey shades in them. i've been following this show since the start and good and shades of Babita was been explored since the start. When we saw the good caring nature Babita, we also saw the self- centered, egoistic side of her as well which was vocalized as "childishness" of Babita. I guess prior to Hanita's marriage Babita's the egoist side is been amplified with new found freedom. But as others mention i don't see any 360 degree turn of character in Babita or Mini. 

Del00 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guddi01

Lol.

Again we are going to have Bacheri Mini the great one again explaining things to everyone, if it does not go her way. 

Now She will ruin Arya life the way she did her Babes by undermining her. After all its all about Bacheri Mini as well in the season 2, so hiw can Arya be spared.

But than she will bitch with Mickey and Preeti about ungrateful Arya, the way she bitched about her Mother to them.

Discussing your feelings with your friends, when you can’t discuss them with your parent because they’re so close minded is not “Bitching”. You seem unfamiliar with the word confiding. Everyone does it. If we don’t have stable relationships to confide our thoughts to, it can drive us (human beings) insane. It’s only the same as babita venting her frustration on mini to Hs or saroj. 

At least one good thing to look forward to on season 2 is there won’t be hateful, negative posts by you hating fictitious characters and the actors who play them, by default. I presume you’ll stop watching yeah. 

I don’t mean to get personal but why are you so angry? Sounds like maybe you need someone to confide in 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Preethi1

A well character analysis is drawn by you. I appreciate you for pointing out the essence of each of the characters. we as views are prone to watching flawless characters and Fairy-tale endings onscreen that sometimes we wish for such traits forgetting the real life situations. In real life we don't have flawless characters. Everyone has grey shades in them. i've been following this show since the start and good and shades of Babita was been explored since the start. When we saw the good caring nature Babita, we also saw the self- centered, egoistic side of her as well which was vocalized as "childishness" of Babita. I guess prior to Hanita's marriage Babita's the egoist side is been amplified with new found freedom. But as others mention i don't see any 360 degree turn of character in Babita or Mini. 

Thank you for understanding the intent of this post :) 

Most people in this forum seem to misunderstand any analysis of Babita🤷‍♀️....but the story laid both sides of her personality out all along. Those who don’t want to acknowledge it for their own reasons, that’s their call 🤷‍♀️

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

There was such a hue and cry about the surname argument too but when I finally saw the scene and the whole episode, I thought it was well presented from all angles....Mini stated a harsh truth when  she pointed out that all families have good and bad people, so keeping a surname simply based on who you find good currently is not a consistent stance. I liked how HS confronted her about the Singh versus Khurana name and she pointed out that his family too has a dark past and people who did both good and bad things....he may not have liked hearing it but it was the truth....as he acknowledged later to Laale as well. That Mini is like Imarti in that she speaks the blunt truth, come what may. And he acknowledged the same to Mini later at the KC as well. 

Which again brings us back to the point about HS being capable of self reflection and realizing his failings....it’s an admirable trait in him. Yes, we would like to see him being more assertive and rise up to more strength and courage but he’s always acknowledged that he’s not as courageous as Mini is....some things do hold him back. 

i must have been in minority but even i liked the surname episode too. It was a good questioning of the patriarchal world and customs we follow. There are some things which are just followed without even seeing that it is a patriarchal thing that even very open minded and equality demanding people fail to see. Also as to why even a surname is so important. Why is your own name not important  than surname. Do you only becomes someones only if you take up his /her name. if babita was only babita wouldnt she be fit to be HS wife and life partner in true sense. 

And i dont like the way Babita made it look like a Khurana vs singh name that khurana was ashoks name and this is HS name so i need to take it up . There are goods and bads in every family and mini rightly pointed it out, the singh family literally had a murderer. I dint feel that mini was using the past which HS opened up to her but was only stating the truth to make him understand that ultimately a person will be known by what he does. 

@ bold  HS actually still uses his fathers name as his mid name . Even NB had pointed that out to him. Even she told him that you could not do what mini could do, free yourself of your fathers name. I actually though minis confrontation would make him finally drop that middle name take up his mothers name or grandfathers name. But the writers dint go that way

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I’ve honestly liked all epis since Friday regardless of the impending sad ending. 

Because I’m not sitting here to be defensive on behalf of the actors and rail against the PH all day 😆

I comment based on the content of the epi but this forum is determined to hate all epis daily 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, the episodes are finally loose ends together as you said. Sure, the ending is sad but I think deep down I've always known it would be. 

The execution failed us, but if you take a step back and think about it, they have managed to tell a pretty interesting tale. Rare for ITV despite all the siyappe.

guddi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Deefy89 m

Maybe you are like Bacheri Mini, the victim when it suits and when not just turn against your loved ones and bitch about them.

Nope this Mini Character is so unrealistic that it is stupid. 

Yes you talk to friends but certainly don't bitch about your Mother, that's a no no. Nope that is deceitful and just like her pure soulmate love that was called out by all. At least that nonsense has stopped.

Yes Bacheri Mini is seriously flawed and is a loose cannon fruitcake that is loved by Rs and Kk.

Now she will swim back and spoil poor Arya with her stupid nonsense and if it does not go way Bacheri Mini with the trps than butcher poor Arya the same way they butchered Babita and here I hope her parents don't allow RS to show stipid things to justify Bacheri Mini.

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Yeah, the episodes are finally loose ends together as you said. Sure, the ending is sad but I think deep down I've always known it would be. 

The execution failed us, but if you take a step back and think about it, they have managed to tell a pretty interesting tale. Rare for ITV despite all the siyappe.

They are WAY above the general shoddy levels of ITV writing even with this sad ending. The writing still mostly stayed true to the core character traits. 

We would have preferred a more positive ending but even this sad turn of events has a compelling emotional core.....especially with HS-Mini.