Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

why such a narrow view of audience??

Maybe the audience, has put aside the "misogyny", and focused on other aspects, and hence enjoyed it and appreciated it. Just because of a section of dumbfcuks, we shouldn't accuse whole audience as some kind of regressive demons.

When misogyny is the most overpowering aspect of the content , its hard to believe that the audience has put aside this aspect of the content and enjoyed "other aspects" .. Benefit of the doubt - a little difficult if you ask me .. That being said , entertainment is entertainment , as long as people ( men ) keep it to that , no harm , no foul .. Otherwise , very problematic .. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: --Pro.vo.King--

When misogyny is the most overpowering aspect of the content , its hard to believe that the audience has put aside this aspect of the content and enjoyed "other aspects" .. Benefit of the doubt - a little difficult if you ask me .. That being said , entertainment is entertainment , as long as people ( men ) keep it to that , no harm , no foul .. Otherwise , very problematic .. 

We are talking about indians, hamere kahane mai bhi kankar mil jaye tou, we throw away the kankar and resume eating, we don't throw the whole food, showing hygienic tantrums. That is Indian mentality.  It will take a loads of time to change.

How can people be so sure that everyone who liked movies which are called misogynist, are liked by people because they loved that misogynist part? Also how do you describe misogyny?

For example, SPOILER ALERT(RX100) I heard a lot about RX100 being filled with misogyny, and the reason people gave away was that the lead female character was shown as villain, matlab ab ladki ko villain bana diya toh film misogynist? I mean the girl lust over the guy and uses love as tool to fool him and ruin his life. And she doesn't regret it at all.SPOILER ALERT(RX100).

This debate is a open case, and unless the industry itself does something, we cannot blame the audience. For example people liked Kabir Singh, because for people it was a love story of a guy, who gave up everything for the girl. People see it in simple views, not everyone will do deep analysis. Like I said about girls posing with bf/hubbies, calling them "my Kabir Singh", obviously that doesn't mean they want their husband to lay hand on them in anger, or drink alcohol/smoke/do drugs. They are just refering to the quality that Kabir Singh in which he madly loves Preeti, so much so that despite wanting to have sex with other girls, he cannot have, due to the guilt of betraying Preeti. That is the mentality of a normal person, a normal person doesn't demonize another one because their thinking doesn't match with him/her. That is what SJWs do. I know this is a big ass stupid post, but I hope I am able to make explain my POV that a normal person doesn't think too much, they just go to enjoy movies.

Obviously there are perverts and crybaby devdas for whom these movies are their stupid escapism from reality.

Edited by RegressiveThug - 4 years ago
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

We are talking about indians, hamere kahane mai bhi kankar mil jaye tou, we throw away the kankar and resume eating, we don't throw the whole food, showing hygienic tantrums. That is Indian mentality.  It will take a loads of time to change.

How can people be so sure that everyone who liked movies which are called misogynist, are liked by people because they loved that misogynist part? Also how do you describe misogyny?

For example, SPOILER ALERT(RX100) I heard a lot about RX100 being filled with misogyny, and the reason people gave away was that the lead female character was shown as villain, matlab ab ladki ko villain bana diya toh film misogynist? I mean the girl lust over the guy and uses love as tool to fool him and ruin his life. And she doesn't regret it at all.SPOILER ALERT(RX100).

This debate is a open case, and unless the industry itself does something, we cannot blame the audience. For example people liked Kabir Singh, because for people it was a love story of a guy, who gave up everything for the girl. People see it in simple views, not everyone will do deep analysis. Like I said about girls posing with bf/hubbies, calling them "my Kabir Singh", obviously that doesn't mean they want their husband to lay hand on them in anger, or drink alcohol/smoke/do drugs. They are just refering to the quality that Kabir Singh in which he madly loves Preeti, so much so that despite wanting to have sex with other girls, he cannot have, due to the guilt of betraying Preeti. That is the mentality of a normal person, a normal person doesn't demonize another one because their thinking doesn't match with him/her. That is what SJWs do. I know this is a big ass stupid post, but I hope I am able to make explain my POV that a normal person doesn't think too much, they just go to enjoy movies.

Obviously there are perverts and crybaby devdas for whom these movies are their stupid escapism from reality.

Fair enough .. 

But the problem is , Indian men in general have a long way to go before your post in its entirety can be applicable to them .. We are getting there , slowly but surely .. The demons of patriarchy are so deeply ingrained that the above quoted applies to very few men .. And thats the problem in a nutshell .. That being said , ban or heavy moderation in entertainment is not a solution .. Everything circles back to upbringing and individual thinking .. Which if the general statistics is anything to go by isn't very encouraging .. But i do see progress , wont deny that .. Hope is certainly there .. ✌

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Without context it's hard to tell what they are aiming for here! ... I mean if they are in a relationship, the scene isn't problematic .. I don't know the story or the context on the scene so can't say much actually!