Frequent Posters

shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Love it! Thanks for updating! ❤️

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Arnav is trying to make khushi understand that it is certainly not her mistake that she fell in love with a married man bcoz she didn’t know but Shyam’s misdeed as he knowingly entered in this relationship n not only his wife he also betrayed khushi so why she should feel herself the home wrecker.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

His world has definitely shifted. He doesn't find her annoying any longer.

Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Read all parts in one go. This is awesome

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

So, Arnav clearly realizes that he is attracted to Khushi and she affects him more than he would ever want to be ...

How will r to his evening turn out to be... hopefully a good one... they both deserve it, especially Khushi. 

ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Funny to see Arnav sitting on pins and needles assessing Khushi's mood after his gyaan to her.  Luckily for him Khushi forgave him by flashing a tiny smile.  

Arnav is smitten by Khushi.  Looking forward to a pleasant evening alongside Arnav.

BookWormV thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hello!

A short but sweet update.. Arnav trying to uplift Khushi's mood.

Awaiting more.!

-V

Sur_01 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Chapter 16 - Storm

Note: First of all, apologies for such long breaks between the updates. The FF has kind of entered a phase where it's taking a lot of effort for me to get the chapters right and I'm extremely pressed for time. Thanks to all the readers for sticking with me. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the pace and direction of the story.

She folder her knees and wrapped her arms around them as they stared into the waves.

“Cliched as it was, watching the sea will never stop being cathartic,” she mumbled as she took a handful of bhel and stuffed it into her mouth. He offered her more as he leaned back against the bench.

They had gone to the show and had laughed and laughed until their insides hurt. After lounging at a bar and downing a few drinks, eventually, they ended up at Bandstand. After finishing off four plates of paranthas, they had settled on a bench under a bright orange lamppost.

“I’m glad that guy didn’t disappoint us today, I had heard good things about him from friends,” he gorged on the bhel as well. Apparently, the snack’s addictiveness was not just a rumor.

“I was sure I had broken a rib in there. Do you go to ComedyClub a lot?” she asked, letting her hair loose to let the breeze run through it.

“Sometimes, when I want to laugh but also can’t get away with avoiding people and hence binge-watching cooped up at home is not an option,” he replied, taking off his suit jacket and rolling his sleeves up.

He looked at their long shadows that melted into the darkness as the waves crashed against the rocks in a slow rhythm. The air hung heavy with moisture and he could taste the salt on his tongue. He rolled his shirt sleeves a little higher up and undid the first button to let the breeze cool him down. He felt extremely relaxed but at the same time could feel a gentle hum of electricity run through him. He turned around again to look at her pensive expression. The orange-yellow light made her look even paler than usual and her silky, dark hair reflected the light in little sparkles. So did the small nose pin she wore. Her eyes were hooded with tiredness and perhaps lack of sleep. But her lips were curved into a slight smile. She looked like a scene out of an old indie movie that smelled of nostalgia and hope at the same time. He marveled at her… unawareness of everything around herself, even herself to a degree.

He took out his phone and clicked a picture of her, which snapped her out of her reverie. She gave him a questioning look as he showed her the picture.

“I’m a good photographer and the lighting was just perfect.I’ll delete it if you want, don’t worry,” he said a bit sheepishly, as he realized the inappropriateness of his act. She looked at the picture for a moment before smiling.

“It is indeed pretty,” she said with a tight smile. He forwarded her the picture and pocketed his phone.

“A storm is coming I guess,” he spoke in a desperate attempt to change the topic and diffuse the awkwardness. Several moments passed before she spoke again.

“Why are you being so… nice to me suddenly?” she asked him quietly, and his head snapped back to stare at her in earnest now. She returned his gaze with her own shuttered one.

“Shouldn’t the right question be… why I wasn’t earlier?” he answered, choosing his words carefully. He

“It never really mattered, to be honest. You got on my nerves but it was easy to deal with,” she replied as an afterthought and went back to waiting for an answer.

“I don’t know Khushi, I hate saying this but I’ve lost three deals to you and I didn’t like it. Now since we will be working together, I guess it just makes more sense to have you on my team maybe. Do you think otherwise?” he finished lamely. She looked at him and laughed.

“I don’t know Arnav. Making new friends is the priority right now for me, personally or professionally. I really appreciate you being around, and I like your company, but I’m afraid, I don’t have much to give back at this point,” she pulled her knees closer to her chest and kept her eyes trained straight ahead. The stoop in her posture was more pronounced now as her arms shook slightly with the effort of keeping her knees glued to her chest.

Before he could process what she said, he heard words sprout out of his own mouth.

“Is that what you are really afraid of, Khushi?”

He looked at him now, her eyes full of fear and… accusation.As if he would dare say something like that. He did not back down and kept looking into her eyes.

“I don’t know what that means,” she said finally and sighed, rubbing her eyes.

“You really did love him a lot, didn’t you? Infact, you still do, if you feel so angry at the slightest insinuation of you with somebody else,” he continued in a matter-of-fact voice. He had no idea what had come over him. Maybe he really was drunker than he realized.

"You think I'm an idiot for feeling that way?' she gave up all pretenses.

"No, I feel this incredible mix of rage and pity for the b*****d who screwed things up so royally to lose a woman this fiercely loyal," he looked away from her now.

She didn’t have an answer for him and turned her face away. He was sure it was the alcohol that made her so vulnerable. Any other day, she would have slapped him across the face for encroaching her personal space like that. It was a moment before he realized that she was crying. He moved closer and put his arm around her shoulder gingerly, trying not to startle her. When he was sure she wouldn’t throw him off, he pulled her closer and held her. At some point, she turned her face towards him, and he felt the hot stream of tears soak through his shirt. He felt his own throat choke up as he felt the storm of grief that had hit her engulf him as well.

Edited by Sur_01 - 3 years ago
Sur_01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BookWormV

Hello!

A short but sweet update.. Arnav trying to uplift Khushi's mood.

Awaiting more.!

-V

Hey you seem new, welcome and glad you liked it!

Sur_01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ManKiBaath

Funny to see Arnav sitting on pins and needles assessing Khushi's mood after his gyaan to her.  Luckily for him Khushi forgave him by flashing a tiny smile.  

Arnav is smitten by Khushi.  Looking forward to a pleasant evening alongside Arnav.

Thanks, yeah this Arnav has turned out to be softer than usual methinks :)