Web Series

Thinkistaan *Satyadeep Misra, mandira bedi, Shravan reddy

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

So my twitter TL was full of people mourning over death of Ashiq Jabeer so I decided to watch the web series as my fav Sattu portrays Ashiq Jabeer 😬

Totally 2 seasons with 23 episodes on MX player that too for free!

Thinkistaan basically deals with advertising world! How ads are made, how much work goes into it, what are the struggles faced by ad agency etc etc etc

If you love satisfying your hunger over different subjects, have zeal to learn how advertising agencies work, you must watch this web series. It is fascinating to enter the world of advertising and lean all about making ads for product!

I will just discuss important characters thats it cause I have to get all this thoughts out of my mind πŸ˜‚ Cant afford Brain blast due to excess thinking 🀷

Anoushka(Mandira bedi) is unit head of agency and man her leadership to lead the agency is wow! She behaves as one of them. Open to discussion, they can freely say whatever they want without any fears! MMTMC (agency name) works on Meritocracy! Meaning whoever have best ideas they keep going places and every single person is secure and dont mind if their junior take over them. I totally loved the environment and work ethics of MMTMC

So Ashiq is basically a nawab from lucknow who have left his palace due to his sexual preferences. He came to mumbai and happens to meet Anoushka and Danish(owner of agency). He is poet, he is thinker, he is creative, he is intelligent, he have command over 5-6 languages. In short, he is bloody talented and  Anoushka and Danish invites him to join MMTMC 

With his charm, grace, kindness, intellect, poetry, he wins over entire agency except 3-4 people i.e Varun, Daniel, Sameer and Bhuvan.

Daniel n Bhuvan doesnt leave a chance to mock him for who he is but he always ignores them and keeps his head high!

Anoushka gets promoted from unit head to regional head and she asks Varun- GM of unit to appoint Ashiq as new unit head since he have brilliant leadership skills but Varun rejects the idea and appoints a new guy William who turns out to be a jerkπŸ˜’

William cudnt take it that Ashiq isnt easy to bend and loves to have his own, can defeat him with words and physically too(since Ashiq is national level boxer too πŸ˜‰). William tries to break n bend him by commenting n insulting on his sexual orientation but it doesnt ruffles a single feather on Ashiq. So coward William accuses Ashiq of sexual harrassment and Ashiq ends up resigning. He wanted to talk to Anoushka n Danish- the people who hired him- but both are unavailable. So he resigns n commits suicide.

Ashiq was determined and strong and owned his self with dignity but he was equally sensitive,tender-hearted and vulnerable who couldn't handle such an allegation hence decides to ends his life.

Amit and Hema both started togther at agency. Amit as junior copywriter in Hindi and Hema as trainee. Since Hema was charming and had presentation skills with good english, he reaches success very soon. Amit on other hand had to wait and compromise wth local brands. 

Both guys have amazing friendship with Hema helping out Amit with accomodation issues and Amit respecting him. Somewhere Amit have this tiny twinge of jealousy towards Hema for easy success.

The flaw of Hema was he wanted to please everyone and hurt no one. And this weakness didnt allowed him to camcel his wedding to his childhood sweetheart Priya inspite of knowing he aint interested in her anymore. He wanted to protect Priya from hurt but ended up hurting her more.

Amit's weakness/flaw was his INSECURITY.  He had a gud heart and that is why he helped Sonam in getting a good job at agency hence helping her to stop being a dancer. He helped her when Bhuvan tried to molest her, assured her that he would stay with her if Bhuvan makes her work late night. When Hema told his Sonam loves him, Amit went beserk. Had he rejected Sonam on basis that he dont hv romantic feelings for her, it would have been ok but his reasoning was "I wont marry a bar dancer". His choti sonch was 🀐

Bhuvan - Ah! This guy liked a girl Meera and she was his good friend. Enters Ashiq Jabeer and Meera falls for him. Bhuvan was basically jealous of Ashiq as Meera loved him unconditionally and he was friend-zoned. Also the fact that Ashiq was bloody good at everything than him and the fact that Ashiq was everybody's fav except 2-3 morons didnt helped his cause. He got stagnated at a point and couldnt do much except whining. When Ashiq's suicide news reached, he was ashamed of himself. He hated Ashiq and played his part in his suicide, he never wanted him dead. Meera- the girl he liked- ended up hating him for bringing about Ashiq's suicide. He remorsed by leaving the world of advertising which he loved most and asking forgiveness of Sonam.

Meera πŸ˜­πŸ’” This girl knew Ashiq will never love her the way she loves him yet she didnt stopped loving him. Bhuvan tried again n again to persuade her to stop loving Ashiq but she didnt. She was a determined lover whose love was pure and deep and didnt need return love of same kind. She was happy being his friend.

Every single character was grey-light grey or heavy grey. And that made each of them humans.

Like Sneha, who was dark skinned and held higher position, rejects to work on a fairness cream and leaves the project. She felt that women were insulted with such advert where they were told the key to success is fair skin. She left international n national brands and worked for local brands than compromising her prinviples.

Do give it a watch! You wont be disappointed!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters