Asya Nobody But You FF

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello my lovely readers. So, this is actually my first writing piece ever. I started this quite a while ago but couldn't complete it. However, I am planning to complete it this time around but no idea how frequent the updates will be. 

I write all things asya. Karan singh grover is the one and only Asad Ahmed Khan for me and my Zoya is well uh Surbhi Jyoti :D

Nobody But You

Introduction: This story revolves around the two main leads Asad and Zoya with the exact same character sketch as shown in the daily soap. The story starts after the time when Zoya first sees Asad and Tanveer hugging and continues to the two ladies being introduced in a very poor fashion by Asad. It starts on the morning after where Asad sings 'Zindagi ki yahi reet hai' and everyone is having breakfast where Zoya starts coughing and Asad pays no heed to her. So without further due, lets get into it. Please do comment on how you guys like it.

DisclaimerI do not own Qubool Hai characters. They belong to four lions and only four lions.There are direct references to lines from the show.  

P.S. : Chapter number are hyperlinks. 

Also I saw lyrics used as titles somewhere and thought it was amazing. Cant remember the story but the credit goes to the inventor! :D

CHAPTER INDEX  AND LIST OF SONGS IN TITLE:

Chapter 1 : Page 1

Song in title: O re piya (Aaja Nachle) 

Chapter 2 : Page 1 

Song in title: Tere Mere ( Neeti mohan)

Chapter 3 : Page 1 

Song in title: Mast Magan ( Two states)

Chapter 4 : Page 1 

Song in title: Gali Mein Chaand (Zakhm)

Chapter 5 : Page 3 

Song in title: Aayat ( Bajirao Mastani)

Chapter 6 : Page 5 

Song in title: Aur Aahista ( Pankaj Udhas)

Chapter 7 : Page 7

Song in title: Mitwa (Kabhi Alvida na Kehna)

Chapter 8 : Page 8

Song in title: Kabira (YJHD)

Chapter 9 : Page 9

Song in title: Maahi ve mohabbatan sachhian ne (cover by varsha)

Chapter 10 : Page 11

Song in title: Main to bas teri chaahat mein (Raahat Fateh Ali Khan)

Chapter 11 : Page 13

Song in title: Darmiyan (Reprise by Shreya Ghoshal)

Chapter 12 : Page 15 (Last chapter)

Song in title: Bol na halke halke (Raahat Fateh Ali Khan)

Prologue

It was a quiet afternoon in the Khan Villa. Or so it seemed...

Zoya was furious.How dare he? He always does this. First, he comes in and treats her like the most precious thing ever and then suddenly disregards her like she's that bechara roadside chaiwaala who's too low for his highness' high standards.

And he had done it yet again. He had again treated her like nothing. Nothing at all. She reminisced his voice the millionth time now, the texture of his voice when he thought she was hurt. But he'd only searched for the physical blows that day as he failed to recognize the emotional agony he put her through when she saw him hugging some other woman.

But why did she even feel that way? Why had she felt betrayal, pain, anger and an unexplainable fear? She had questioned herself time and again but failed each time to answer. 

Was that because he had supported her through her tough times with his patient ear and a cup of milky coffee just the way she liked it. And now she felt deprived of the attention, the spotlight in his life she has had. No that can't be. 

She wasn't certainly an attention seeker.

"Allah Miyan, what's wrong with you Zoya", she huffed. "You can't be jealous. This can't be happening. Why would I be jealous of that Tanu? Who cares if he hugs her or treats her like a celebrity or — she had sensed a flirtatious streak in him this morning when he had said "acha aur kya kya yaad hain tumhe" to his precious Tanu in a sickly sweet manner — her volume gradually fading away as she reached the end of her angry word vomit.

She kicked the stool next to her in frustration. 

He can't be flirting. He wouldn't dare to, not when she was sitting right next to him. 

Ya Allah! That is downright ruthless. But then again it was Mr.Khan she was talking about. He is the king of cold-bloodedness Zoya. Don't fool yourself. 

But he doesn't flirt, right? Right? Infact, pigs would start flying the day he actually flirts.

"Bas bahut hogaya, ab jo kaam main karne ai hoon yahan usi par concentrate karungi". Nobody had time for jahapana's scrawny and stuck up a*s.

Yes, she had decided now, she was going to ignore him. 

Hadn't he ignored her since the moment they were back from that ride of hell with his sweet heart in front seat of his car. 

But fury getting the best of her again, she was decided.

"What does he think of himself? Fine! Even if I am jealous, that doesn't give him any right to ignore me like that." 

Well then, two can play the same game Mr.Khan. 

If I had been agonizing over Tanveer, then even he had admitted that he was attracted to her in that little farmhouse. 

Fine Mr. Smartypants; you want to go fooling around with me . I'll show you how it's done.

With that thought she picked up her cell phone and speed dialled someone. A raspy male voice greeted her.

"Laddu, I need you here, now!

Chapter 1

"O Re Piya..."

Asad was not a happy man. He had seen Zoya moping around after he had blatantly ignored her this morning. A part of him had been elated seeing Zoya jealous for him but he had remained more on edge. How could he enjoy her jealousy if he was hurting her in the process?

He sighed out of frustration.He could still feel Zoya's soft body quivering against him as she cried for her father. His heart had stopped when she reflexively hugged him seeking comfort, unable to control her tears.

And this time he sighed out of longing. 

He had wanted to hold her tight against his chest that day instead of the cautious hug he'd bestowed upon her with trembling fingers and a quaking heart. 

Never wanting to let her go. HUH! Where did that come from!?

He raked his hand through his hair in exasperation. Who was he kidding?Only superhuman effort had stopped him that fateful night in the farmhouse not to go all caveman on Zoya. She had looked sinful in the bright pink sari with her ruffled wet hair and a killer dimple. 

For the very first time in his life, Asad had yearned for a woman. 

He still couldn't wrap his mind around the weird voodoo this girl had done on him. Since the very first time he had laid his eyes on her, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. She was always on his mind one-way or the other. He had shrugged it off as her being nosy, annoying or just being a musibat in general but time had told him otherwise.

Allah Miyan! What has his life become?

Ms. Faaroqui', he growled.

No, he wasn't going down that road. It wasn't right for him, for her, for them! 

Annoyed with himself and all his pent up emotions, he got up to get a glass of water, to calm his frenzied mind down. But as soon as he stepped outside, he almost groaned out loud as he ran in to the same person he was trying so hard not to think about.

The Hoity Toity Miss New York was sitting in his chair, furiously tapping on her iPad.

He suddenly recalled, one of the many tortures she had tormented him with a while ago.

"Ruhaani sukoon aur dil main chain hona chahiye,
Ruhaani sukoon aur dil main chain hona chahiye,
Apka naam Asad nahi chairman hona chahiye"

Incredibly foolish!

But, what was she upto now? Asad thought as he observed her. 

It looked like she was typing something. 

Texting?

He hoped it wasn't related to any Raabart-Mona nonsense. 

He walked over to get a glass of water trying his best to not acknowledge her.But curiosity taking the best of him, he stole a glance at Zoya's iPad.

Zoya had noticed him the moment he stepped out from his room. But decided to ignore him altogether. Take that jahapanah! Bade romeo bante firte the.

But then she couldn't help stealing a glance at his face, only to be frozen the instant she saw the expression Asad wore now.

Mr.Khan looked like he was about to throw up. 

Forgetting any plans to ignore him, she asked, "Kya hua Mr.Khan", her own face twisted in worry.

"You are leaving", he blurted out.

Huh! Leaving.

"Kaun leaving Mr.Khan."

"Voh tickets", he pointed to her iPad screen, sweat glistening on his eyebrow now.
As soon as Asad had peaked into Zoya's iPad, his heart had stopped cold. He had seen Zoya confirming tickets to U.S. and instantly felt pain twist his insides.

Zoya now stared at the tickets on her iPad and then at her jahapanas face, laced up with worry and was that disappointment?

Hope bloomed inside her. Just as she was about to explain, she heard a shriek and then a frantic Najma running towards her.

"No Zoya you can't do that to me.You can't leave me like that", Najma started hiccupping with tears.

"Zoya what's wrong with you", Dilshad said through her angry eyes which were starting to tear up. "How could you do this. Didn't you even think it was important to tell your phuphi about this. Itna bada decision, you took without even telling us."

"Mujhe kuch nahi pata , you are not leaving us.", Najma whined.

"But I am not."

Asad's head shot up at that. Not noticing what Zoya had said, Najma continued."I don't care you are not lea.." but stopped mid sentence when she realized just the same.

"What?"

"You are not leaving" first said Asad

"Not leaving", followed by Najma 

"Not leaving", and Dilshad 

Zoya let out a small giggle, she felt she was in one of those typical saas-bahu dramas where all characters went kya! kya! kya! three times with their dreadful expressions.

She couldn't help but let out another giggle.

Asad glared at her.

"Allah Miyan! Whats wrong with you guys. Why are you all behaving like a saas-bahu soap opera. Itna melodrama Allah!"

"Zoya stop joking already", Najma said ready to eat her alive.

"Okay okay", she threw up her hands up in dismissal. 

"I'm talking now. Well as much as Mr. khan would love it", she stopped midway not forgetting to stop midway to taunt him with her big brown eyes,"No I'm not leaving."

Love to watch her leave? Was she serious?

She had to be kidding him? Here he was going crazy and this girl was making some eyes at him. He nearly had a heart attack when he had seen those wretched tickets and here she was thinking he would love to.. he just couldn't complete it!

He sighed deeply.

He agreed they weren't on the best page but that didn't mean he wanted her to leave. Hell, he never wanted her to leave.

Zoya was glaring at him now. Why he was looking at her like a pissed off gorilla.

"What?" Zoya snapped at him, bursting his angry bubble.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", she demaned

"Who are these tickets for then", his face a cool mask now. He didn't want to let her know that how worried he actually was, a thousand questions clouding his troubled mind. Who were those tickets for?Were they for her? What if she was not leaving now but planning to go next week? Or after next week? His heart thudded with millions of unanswered questions as he waited for her to respond.

Allah Miyan! What was wrong with this man? Runs hot and cold, even with expressions. He seemed ready enough to throttle her a second ago, and now with the cool look.

"I am pretty sure he has some sort of bipolar disease", Zoya muttered to herself under her breath.

"Ms. Faaroqui", he growled at her, his anger resurfacing from the lack of any answer from her.

"Kyun? Aap ko kya tickets kise ke liye bhi ho"

"Well, if you are leaving, it's very much my right to know, just in case you forgot you are living under my roof." He felt sick to his stomach.

"Asad", Dilshad chided him. Ya Allah! Yeh ladka

Zoya's eyes widened half in hurt half in anger. How mean! But then, her expression changed.

She smirked. 

Asad frowned.

Zoya turned to face a visibly upset dilshad finally revealing the mystery behind the tale of " Aakhir kyunki Zoya Faaroqui ne book tickets."

"Phuphi, actually my best friend is going to be in town for a fewdays.", she said putting a little too much pressure on 'my'.

Asad brows knitted in concentration. Best friend? But then his light switch turned on. Raabart!

Without thinking, he spoke, "Miss Faaroqui no Raabart is allowed in this house and you are not allowed to meet him."

He didn't know if he was jealous or just protective.

"Excuse me, I don't need to take your permission to meet someone."

"As long as you are living in this house you have to, I am not letting you meet strange men, you are enough musibat yourself."

Zoya almost exploded with fury. How dare he call his best friend a strange man and on top of that stop her from meeting him and insult her all the same time. How he resembled those typical aunties who stop their kids from doing almost everything under the sun!

She was about to retort when Dilshad suddenly interrupted her.

"Asad mat tang karo bechari ko" He glared at his mother, silently screaming she is not a bechari.

But Dilshad was no far from getting a migraine watching the tantrums of these two. Har baat pai shuru ho jate hain.

"Tum bolo Zoya beta"

Although furious, Zoya tried her best to ignore him. Breathe Zoya Faaroqui, you don't want to kill him and cause Phuphi pain now do you.

"Laddu is not a strange man", she threw in for his benefit."He is my bestest friend in the whole wide world", she started talking excitedly. It was her bestie after all.

"You know Najma we've known each other for seventeen long years now. I was just five years old when we moved to U.S. and because we were neighbours we've been friends since then." she happily chattered on and on not noticing Asad's grimace.

Laddu? Wasn't it Raabart? And if her best friend was this Laddu, then who the hell was Raabart? And what was up with the names of all her friends.

Zoya was still babbling about how glorious her best friend was when Asad rudely cut her.

"Get to the point Miss Faaroqui. We don't need to know his ancestral history." Although he had loved to learn more about Zoya, he just couldn't stand all the Laddu cheerleading. 

Zoya glared at him but obliged anyway.

"Well he is visiting India so I was just helping him with tickets."

Asad frowned.

Wasn't she just going on and on about how glorious he was, then why couldn't he do it with his own two glorious hands. He had wanted to say it out loud but restrained himself.He didn't want to start another fight.

"When is he coming Zoya?", Dilshad enquired

"Umm most probably in two to three days. You know, I have already planned everything, the places we would visit, what to..."

Asad blocked out the unnecessary babble. Although he had breathed a sigh of relief, when she confirmed she wasn't leaving, he wasn't liking this.This man was sure to come visit her or worse she visiting him.

Alone. 

No. No, she wouldn't go out with him alone. 

But no rational reasoning supported his synopsis. Hadn't she mentioned she knew him since childhood. She looked ready to bite his head off a while ago. She definitely would if he said something else against him. Asad sighed a long frustrated sigh. So much for a glass of water! 

This woman just made him so mad!

Chapter 2

"Tere Mere Darmiyan Hai Baatein Ankahi..."

Zoya had just stepped out after a long relaxing shower. Thanks to Mr. Khan and his bipolar behavior, she couldn't shrug off the fact that he had looked disappointed when he had thought she was leaving. She felt hopeful after a longtime. Maybe he doesn't hate me as much as I think he does. Maybe he doesn't hate me at all!

But then...

He hadn't really looked jealous when she was talking about Laddu. He looked.... nonchalant. Was she merely imagining his disappointment because that was what she wanted to see?

Her brain froze. 

She just realized she was such a fool. She had lied to her best friend just because Mr.Khan had decided to ignore her existence altogether . What was wrong with her? She had never been the jealous type. Then, why was she acting like one of those overly possessive, crazy girlfriends when it came to Mr.Khan's and Tanveer's friendship.. and why were her eyes starting to tear up?

Knock! Knock!

Allah Miyan, please don't let it be Mr. Khan.

"Come in", Zoya yelled from across the room. 

The door slowly opened.

It was Najma.

She sighed in relief. She didn't have it in her to look at his face just now. 

"Come dinner's ready", she quietly announced.

Zoya was still chiding herself about how stupid and reckless she had been for lying to her bestie just before she walked out and stopped dead in her tracks.

One look and her heart melted.

He was laughing! 

Mr. Akdu Ahmed Khan was actually laughing with his head thrown back. The sight warmed her to her toes.

But much to her distaste, he was laughing with his precious Tanu. She blanched in pain. Her mind flashed to the last time she had seen him that carefree and light hearted. That fateful night in the farmhouse drugged under the effect of bhaang, he had let go of his carefully composed —unemotional at all times — demeanour. And yet everything had changed the next day.

She tried to clear out the negative thoughts that clouded her mind. But Zoya was Zoya!

She unsuccessfully tripped on her own two left feet and bumped her leg unceremoniously with the dinner table letting out a loud shriek of pure agony.

Asad who had noticed her as soon she stepped out had seen the play of emotions. The flash of happiness on her face followed by a dash of anger mixed with a tint of sadness. He watched her as she abruptly bumped into the dinner table and yelped in pain. He had already started shaking his head when he had seen where was she heading. He made her way towards her as soon as he heard her yelp.

Zoya's entire face was crumpled up in anguish. She had twisted her foot and her whole leg felt numb.

Najma and Dilshad rushed to her aid as soon as they heard her cry.

"Zoya, are you ok beta"

" Yes Phuphi, I'm fine", Zoya lied. It didn't help as her voice cracked. 

Asad didn't need to look at her face to know that she was lying. He didn't know why but he was getting more and more angry by the second. Why was she always so careless and clumsy? When will she learn to be careful. He didn't even know when he had started voicing his own thoughts out loud.

"If you don't know how to walk, you might as well stop walking. Always falling and spilling things." he harrumphed in annoyance walking back to his room.

Zoya looked at him hurt. Her insecurities flooding back.

Dilshad looked at his son in shock. What was wrong with him? And why was he shooting daggers at her bechari Zoya.

Zoya, who was now being picked up by a flustered Najma, thought maybe having Laddu here wasn't as bad as she thought. For once, she would have her best friend by her side to actually pick her up when she falls and not humph at her with distaste. Sure, she lied to him but she knew he would understand. He always has.

"Are you ok Zoya", Najma said interrupting her inner blabbering.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for asking. I guess I twisted my foot. I'll just put on the muscle relaxant aapi gave me."

"Okay, but be careful next time beta", Dilshad added caressing her cheek lovingly.

"Jee", Zoya sulked limping back to her room.

She tried to concentrate on massaging her foot with the nasty smelling cream aapi gave her. Allah Miyan! How could something smell so nauseating? She would have to shower before she goes to sleep.

After muttering her bad-dua to the makers of the splendid cream, Zoya decided to step out of the room. As nauseating as it was, it really helped.  The numbness had now faded away. But being extra careful this time to not trip again, Zoya had decided to focus all her concentration on her sprained foot covering the distance to dinner table whilst looking down. She then bumped into someone and watched the same scene unfold in front of her eyes she had experienced herself not even a minute ago.

Deja-Vu!

Except this time, it was Tanveer who had flew in to play kabaddi with the dining table.

That wretched table!

Her mind hadn't even registered the whole thing yet, when she saw Asad kneeling in front of Tanveer massaging her foot simultaneously yelling at her."Watch where you walk Miss Faaroqui", he had said breathing fire at her like a bloody Godzilla. 

Wait what! Godzillas don't breathe fire Zoya, dragons do. Ya, but when has Mr.Khan ever acted normal.But that didn't matter right now. The fact was even real godzillas didn't mess with her. And this one was just some multi- breed after all. Half human, Half dragon, half Godzilla and not to forget a gorilla too.

She had expected hurt and tears when he had looked at her with distaste, but nothing but anger clouded her senses. She was stronger than she thought.

Dilshad decided to intervene yet again. She could see the real fury in her eyes. She knew Asad was at his angry best too. 

There would be bloodshed now.

Before Zoya could say something, Dilshad interrupted her with "Zoya give your cream to Tanveer please". Her anger vanished replaced by guilt. She had not only managed to twist her foot again but also hurt poor Tanveer in the process.

"I'm sorry Tanveer. Pata nahi mera dhyaan kahan tha. I really am sorry"

"Its ok Zoya. I know you didn't mean to. I am fine", Tanveer said through a smile.

It was a good thing Zoya's phone had started ringing the next instant because apparently a single sorry hadn't went down well with Jahapanah. Well too badMr. Godzilla Ahmed Khan, she seemed to pass on the message with her eyes when she caught him glaring at her. 

She tried to focus her mind more on the call rather than Mr. Khan's hand at Tanveer's foot.

It was Ayaan and he was pareshaan. Too. It seemed like the whole Khan family was dukhi nowadays.

"Kya hua Raabart", Zoya asked agitated. Her foot was really starting to bother her now.

Asad almost groaned out loud. Not again! Kabhi Raabart, Kabhi Laddu. Make up your mind woman!

Zoya had assumed Ayaan being tense over some silly matter but it turned out he was actually really upset. He had met Asad the day before and it hadn't went well. She kicked herself for being so ignorant. How could she forget? The case hearing with his Abbu. Was that the reason Mr.Khan was glaring at everyone. Because he had been upset with Ayaan.

"Mona? Mona? You still there."

"Huh oh yeah I umm..nothing. Its ok Raabart don't worry, everything is going to be just fine ok!"

But she could still feel tension on other end of the line.

"Well Isi bast par ek sheyar arz kiya hai", Zoya started in hopes to thaw some stress out

"Don't worry Raabart everything will be fine,
 Don't worry Raabart everything will be fine.
 Tumahri ye Mona darling,
 Laga degi Mr. Six Packs ko on line."

Ayaan cracked a smile on the other end. Yes! Mona darling was surely something else.

"Tum sirf apne Abbu ko protect karne par focus karo, the rest will follow. And don't worry too much about Mr.Khan, we will handle him together. Okay!"

"Okay." There was a long pause and then Zoya heard him say  thank you in a hushed tone.

She could understand his state of mind, so she didn't force it.

"You take care Raabart"

"I will"

"Over and out"

"Over and out"

She heard her Phuphi asking for the cream again.Oh damn! She had totally forgot about that .

She grabbed the cream from the bed and ran as best as she could with a limp, to hand the cream over to Tanveer who was now sitting on the sofa in the living room.

Zoya couldn't help but notice with a tinge of jealousy that Asad's hand was still rubbing circles on her ankle. She felt her eyes well up again. She broke the silence to distract her mind.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Just fine. Hows your foot?"

"Much better now, Aapi's cream works wonder, although it smells real bad" she added crinkling up her button nose.

"I think you should rest Tanu, I'll send the dinner to your room", Asad said helping her stand up.

"No jammy Its okay, I am fine really."

"Stop it! Stop arguing. You hurt it pretty bad. Come I'll take you to your room."

The truth was Asad had wanted everyone to eat dinner in their rooms so Zoya would stop jumping up and down like a bunny and give her feet some rest. He had been so angry because he had seen Zoya trying to run all over the place with a limp. He had noticed that she had hurt it pretty bad too. Why can't this girl be more careful? Always hurting her self in the process. 

He didn't know if he was thinking about just her hurt foot anymore or the direction she was heading in. They were heading in. Don't hurt yourself over me, Zoya! I might not be worth it.

Zoya on the other hand couldn't control her tears anymore. She had headed back to her room as soon as Asad was out of sight. After washing her foot clean first to get rid of the hideous smell, she dumped herself on the bed and let the tears flow silently. She had a felt a loss back there when no one had paid heed to her pain. This is why she sometimes hated being strong. Nobody pampered her.Not even when she needed it the most. 

She had wanted Asad to massage her foot gently, rub gentle circles along her ankle. She had wanted him to carry her to her room in his arms, tuck her in bed and kiss her goodnight. She didn't want to ask herself anymore what she felt for him and why. This pain right now was unbearable. The fear of losing him to someone else was excruciating!

Zoya didn't even realize when she had fallen asleep crying. She woke up disoriented feeling the now familiar pain in her foot. She noticed a plate full of food and a bowl of steaming hot soup, with a smiley face note attached to it just beside her bed. She picked it up and instantly recognized the messy scrawl.

Najma. That cute munchkin!

" Finish the soup full , Ammi says it helps with muscle injuries.She has also sent a muscle relaxant tablet.Its just beside the water jug. Do no throw it away. Eat it. I'll be back to inspect :D"

Zoya cracked a smile in spite of herself. She loved them. There were no two thoughts about it. Feeling much better, she plopped herself out of the bed to freshen up. When she came back , she couldn't help but notice her foot felt much better now. She could smell the nauseating smell of the cream again. She didn't remember re applying it.

Phuphi or Najma must have reapplied the cream. But she knew better what her heart was exactly hoping for.

It ain't gonna happen Zoya! Don't fool yourself! He is busy rubbing circles on someone else's foot. 

And the tears were back again.

Her stomach growled.

She laughed out loud.

She can pity party herself later but there were important things to take care of first.

As she sat down to eat, she noticed she didn't have her cellphone on her.Shoot! She had left it in the living room when she had sped to her room hiding her tears. Aapi would officially kill her if there were any missed calls. She hurried outside her room ignoring the slight throbbing of her leg.She was about to retreat back to her room when she heard a strange noise coming from the backyard.

As far as she knew Ayaan wasn't visiting today, who could that be then? 

Allah Miyan! CHOR!

Where was her pepper spray when she needed it the most! She picked up the tv remote and used it as her weapon just in case she needed to hit someone in the head.

Zoya then silently tiptoed to the direction of the noise only to freeze at the sight in front of her.

"Tanveer", was all she said.

Chapter 3

"Mann Mast Magan, Bas Tera Naam Dauhraye
"

Zoya quietly tiptoed towards the direction of the clamour only to freeze at the sight in front of her.

Tanveer was in the garden right next to the joint where the wall started, her arms flailing wildly in the air, her face set in a deep scowl. She looked like she was having a really disturbed conversation with someone, only Zoya couldn't make out if her lips were moving or not. She squinted her eyes to get a better view simultaneously as she moved towards her and called out.

"Tanveer"

Tanveer froze at the sound and spun around in her direction so fast, she almost fell off her feet. 

"Tanveer" Zoya said again taking a step towards her but she didn't miss the look of total panic on her face before she unsuccessfully covered it. 

"What's going on?" She enquired extending her neck up to take a better look at the garden.

"Nothing Zoya, what's wrong?" Tanveer answered in a surprisingly calm voice.

"It seems like you were talking to someone in the garden" Zoya put it out bold and straight. No need to beat around the bush.

"Uh.. No! No, who would I be having a conversation with; there's no one here Zoya. Um.. uh.. yeah...there was just this street cat roaming around here,I was just shooing her away"

"Cat!" 

Zoya's face paled and her eyes widened. She hated cats. She had her own fair share of bad memories with them.

"Oh! Okay" She nodded in a daze accepting her explanation. She didn't want to talk more about 'cats' so she just let it go. 

"Just be safe", she added with distaste almost as if she was having a bad memory.

"How's your foot now?" Tanveer asked changing the subject.

"I'll be okay. How about you? By the way I am sorry again."

"Oh no, don't be, it wasn't your fault" she said in a sugar coated voice.

They wished each other pleasantries and retired to their rooms for the night, where Zoya couldn't but help ponder for a second, how could Tanveer stay so polite and proper all the damn time! It was too good to be true.

The work performed under this contract has been reviewed and found, to the architect's best knowledge, information and belief, to be substa..' , Asad groaned out loud as he read the same line for the umpteenth time unable to complete it again. Zoya's hurt face flashed in front of his eyes from the last time he had seen her, standing with his mother and sister, her unshed tears betraying her smile when he had ignored her and escorted Tanveer to her room.

He hadn't seen her since then. She never joined him for meals and basically stayed locked up in her room whenever he was home. It was as if she wasn't there anymore. His breakfasts have never been so dull and dinners never so gloomy. 

He knew she was purposely ignoring him. 

The very first day he'd been in a bit of shock when she had not crossed his way even once. He'd been hoping to see her in the morning to know how her foot was, obviously under the pretext of his mother and sister, but she hadn't showed up. He had reluctantly left for office telling himself he would see her in the evening only to find her nowhere in sight when he got home. 

And it continued!

He sighed heavily– he had been getting the same treatment for three days now.Three days since he'd last seen her smile or that twinkle in her eyes. He didn't know if it was the flick of her hair or the chime of her laughter, her beautiful brown eyes or her pink pouty lips but he had missed her. He had missed looking in those brown gorgeous orbs and getting lost. He had missed her "Oh really's" and "Allah Miyan's". Hell, he had missed everything about her. The only way he'd managed to survive all these days was his secret daily regimen.

The harsh ringing of a cellphone intruded on Asad's fantasy world and brought him back to reality. He picked it up without looking at the dial screen and immediately regretted it as he recognized the male voice on the other end.

"Ayaan"

"Bhaijaan" he replied in a gruff voice.

"Aya.."

"No bhaijaan, I didn't call to exchange pleasantries. I just need one answer from you". There was complete silence on the other end so he continued.

"Will you testify against Abbu?"

"He is your Abbu, Ayaan, not mine"

"I didn't ask you that, will you testify against him in court or not"

"Yes I will" Asad's words rang clear as a bell. There was a deafening silence for a few minutes.

" Well, its all clear then" and he heard the phone disconnect. Asad put his head between his hands and swore softly. His life was just getting better and better by the second. All his problems rooting back to one man, Mr.Rashid Ahmed Khan. 

The venom for him spread out in his veins even more if humanly possible.

Ayaan was seething. That witch of a woman!  She had done it yet again, made his life a living hell. Humaira had just managed to get Mr. Siddiqui's signatures on the bail papers he had arranged for his father and Razia had snatched them away, conditioning him to marry Humaira if he wanted the papers. He had wanted to scream and throttle the life out of her. He couldn't comprehend which way to go anymore. On one hand, his brother was not ready to back down and this woman was just not making it easy for him.

Razia eyed Ayaan from the kitchen who looked like someone ready to tear his hair apart, her lips curling up in a sadistic smirk. Ayaan was in the palm of her hands and she knew it. He wouldn't let his father rot away in jail, so sooner or later he would have to agree to this marriage. And the moment he said yes, she would rule over every being of the house, making them dance like the mere puppets they were.

"Allah miyan!", she exclaimed to no one but herself. Zoya couldn't believe she was doing this. She was actually counting hours. Geez! She had no clue she could be this lame. 

The truth was she had been counting hours since the day she had started ignoring Asad and it had been 65 hours 23 minutes and 48 seconds, make it 49, since she had last seen him. Last seen him glaring down at her looking his usual fine and perfect self! 

For the love of god, she was just so tempted to drop this act of hers and go have dinner with everyone just so she could get a glimpse. No, she wouldn't,  she couldn't. She had not come here for him. But deep down she knew the real reason; she would give away too much. She didn't know when or how but she had become a soggy weepy mess. But it seemed there was a never-ending water tank in her eyes. Maybe it was the homesickness, or not going being able to find a clue about her father; Asad's lack of interest in her or her missing her best friend but she was not a happy person. 

She stepped outside hoping to chitchat with Najma to clear her head but stopped in her tracks seeing Tanveer having a muffled conversation on phone with someone. She was standing four steps away and Zoya couldn't hear her. Allah Miyan! God forbid if she was the one having a conversation in the living room. If Aapi would have been here, she would have joked that the next four houses could probably hear her. 

But instead of the smile that would have usually graced her lips reminiscing her Aapi's words, she froze into the same statue of agony again. She realized with a pang that Tanveer was just so proper and so Mr. Khan-like. 

She didn't want it to admit to herself, but it scared her, his closeness with Tanveer and obliviousness towards her, both, terrified her. As if on cue, she heard screeching tyres in the driveway. Already home! Think of the devil! She sighed and made her way to Najma's room. Time to go get locked up again!

Asad quietly closed the door behind him and exhaled his breath in a gush dragging his lean hand through his hair. The silence that existed in the confines of his house ate at him. It was a joke that the man, who had loved silence more than anything, couldn't stand it anymore. 

As if Allah had listened to his dua, he heard zoya laugh, the same tinkling, carefree laugh and he felt a smile grace the corner of his lips. He had heard her voice after three complete days and it felt heavenly. His insides jingled and he felt warm to his toes. He hoped, like he had any other choice besides it, that she wouldn't ditch dinner today again.

Dinner was a quiet affair with everyone wrapped up in their thoughts — with Asad scowling at his plate, Najma trying to figure out new diet charts, and Dilshad wondering what was up with Zoya. She had skipped dinner again. 

Dilshad had been sensing something wrong with Zoya from quite a while now. She had been acting strange since the last three days; skipping meals, staying in her room, not talking much and not being the firecracker she generally was. She had felt her being upset about something and approached the topic, but she had negated her worries saying it was nothing and it was just her foot bothering her. But she was not the one to be fooled. She could definitely feel the undercurrents somewhere. Zoya had claimed to be tired again tonight and retired to her room early. 

She decided she would talk to her again and dragged her body up from the chair sighing tiredly. All this drama in her house; with her husband being in jail, Zoya acting strange and her son being his usual stubborn self; had taken a toll on her. But her biggest worry of all was Mr. Rashid Ahmed Khan. She didn't know how, but she had to do something, and do it quick. 

A restless night dawned upon the Khan Villa bringing the next days worries into more light, but that didn't stop someone from performing his night rituals invented just two nights ago. 

Asad creaked the door open and cringed at the sound it made. He then silently tiptoed towards the bed and kneeled down almost in a daze.

"Zoya" he whispered, his voice tired. 

He picked up the muscle relaxant from the night stand, put a generous amount of the ointment on the palm of his hand and started rubbing circles on her foot, the exact same way he had done the night she had hurt herself. 

He had not been able to sleep a wink that night knowing fully that she was in pain. Physically and Emotionally. He hadn't known himself but the unshed tears in her eyes had hurt him more. Unable to make it better any other way, he had decided to cure her from the physical pain at least. 

Now, whilst rubbing circles on her feet, he took a long look at her face. Her lashes fell over her eyes fanning her cheeks and her full lips curved into a soft smile. Just simply looking down at her face relaxed him, tranquilled his state of mind and eased his worries. The lines of strain and toil slowly started to smooth out from his face eventually disappearing. Her innocent face had made him forget about the onset of yet another day of turmoil in his life. 

As if in a trance, his fingers reached out to caress her smooth, raven hair from her face and he unknowingly sighed with utmost longing. Only if things were that easy. 

Spell broken, he got up almost abruptly and walked briskly back to his room realizing the intensity of his actions.

But what he didn't notice, on his way back, was a shadow lurking near the door eyeing their intimacy with pure disgust and vowing to crush their dreams, hopes and longings into a putty of nothingness.

Chapter 4

"Gali mein Aaj Chand Nikla..."

Zoya was not having a good morning. She had decided to come clean to her best friend. In a fit of jealousy- which she still refused to think of as jealousy- she had called her childhood friend Zayn and told, actually commanded him to come see her in India for she felt extremely homesick. Being one of Zoya’s closest friend, he had realized something had gone terribly wrong as his best friend did not show any signs of vulnerabilities easy. He had promised her he would be there in less than a week, once he finishes off his conference in New Zealand.

But Zoya had woken up feeling extremely guilty and idiotic having imposed the troubled feelings of her heart on her friend’s career. She had to stop this. It was simply ridiculous!

And so she had decided to come out of her self- induced exile and also cancelled Zayn’s tickets for India.

Of course he had been totally incredulous about this bizarre behavior of hers but let it go once she spilled out all the beans, mostly forced to - he had threatened to never talk to her again.

“What?”

“Stop over- reacting Zayn. It’s not that big of a deal”

He only doubled up with laughter on the other end of the line.

“Babe, you just LIED to me, almost giving me a heart attack, just because you wanted to make big bad gorilla man jealous”

“His name is Asad and NO, I am not trying to make him jealous. I just missed home” True for the record.

“Oh Zo! You didn’t have to cancel my tickets. I can still rebook you know”

“No please! I know how hard you worked for this. You need to go back to U.S. and focus on your assignment”

“You are more important Zo! Remember family comes first!”

Zoya couldn’t help but choke up. She really was lucky to have Zayn as a friend in her life. And he was right family does come first.

“Exactly! And that’s what you are too. I wouldn’t have cancelled them if I were actually going crazy Zayn”  She was.  “ And don’t hold your breath, I will book them right back once I conclude that I am.”

“ Alright missy I won’t! You can speed dial me any time”, he chuckled

“I will”

There was a knock on the door.

“Gotta go Zayn, someone’s on the door”

“ Catch you later Zo”

Zoya headed for the door as soon as the line disconnected, praying and hoping it wasn’t the big bad gorilla man on the other side.

It was Najma. A very tense looking Najma for that matter.

“What’s wrong Tamatar?”

“ Abbu just got bailed Zoya. It doesn’t look good between Ammi and Bhaijaan. I am worried she might get sick again. She just recovered!”, Najma panicked.

And so did Zoya. Even though she was relieved that her dost had been bailed out, she could imagine the fury that would have unleashed in the courtroom. No wonder Phuphi looked so pale. She had to call the doctor.Now.

Asad walked in to see an anxious Zoya sitting on the side of his Ammi’s bed. He had rushed home as soon as he got Najma’s phone call. He was already filled in on the status from the nurse downstairs.

Zoya turned just in time to see him walking in.

“What happened to Ammi?”, he asked regardless. He had missed her voice.

“She is okay now. Just low blood pressure.” Zoya didn’t know what was more loud, her heartbeat or her accelerated breathing.

Geez! get a grip Zoya. Just because this was the first time in 92 hours and 15 mins now she had looked him in the eye, doesn’t mean she had to hyperventilate. Incredibly foolish!

“Did she- ”

Zoya cut him “She just ate. The dr. suggested some more bed rest and less stress” Mr. Stress Ahmed Khan she had wanted to add.

Asad couldn’t put a finger on what he was feeling exactly.

He was furious upon Mr. Rashid Khan’s bail, anguished to see his brother go against him, agonized over his Ammi’s health- which he knew in the back of his mind was partly because of his behavior- and relieved to finally be able to gaze into a set of beautiful brown eyes.

At least her hide and seek would be over now. Thank god!

He took a long deep breath and turned towards the door. He knew he wouldn’t have to tell Zoya to take care of Ammi. She was as furiously protective of her as he was.

He basically tumbled down the stairs. His feet sluggish, his body tired and mind worn out. But as tattered as he was, he still caught on to the end of a hushed conversation someone- he registered it as Tanveer- was having while he walked back to his room.

“I told you not to mention it here”, Tanveer whispered, her eyes furious.

“Well then let me make myself clear Miss Tanveer, I do not care about your long held secrets from your family. You are no longer a patient of Ms. Das, she will get all your ultrasounds delivered to this address. Please make the remaining payment and you can come and collect all of your other file details”, the nurse stated, the same one who had come to see Dilshad, Asad instantly recognized.

“ I am not paying that witch one more dime and don’t you dare deliver them to this address here. I have given you a different one thousands of time, you useless piece of trash.” Asad couldn’t believe it was the same Tanveer talking that he knew.

“Mam please, there is no need to raise your voice” the nurse said raising hers. “If you wish to get it delivered to a different address, go and talk to the reception instead of wasting my time” And with that she walked off without sparing one more glance her way.

A confused Asad watched the conversation unfold and saw a furious Tanveer run back to her room furiously punching in some numbers on her phone.

His intuition flickered. Something was wrong. Very wrong. He had not been able to put it into words the last few days but he was growing extremely uncomfortable of the way Tanu was treating him. He had not missed her bizarre stares, 'accidental' hand brushes and an almost instant change of her whole demeanour around him. He thought he was imagining it, that being away from Zoya was driving him crazy in the literal sense of the world.

But he had just witnessed something so unlike herself that he had to know. For his sake and for his family’s.

Asad had just got off the phone with Prasad when the shrill voice of his ringtone broke the silence around him.

“Bhai”

It was Ayaan on the other side. He had called to apologize. Again.

After giving in to the deal of him marrying Humaira, Razia had finally got Rashid bailed out. But what Ayaan had lost in the transaction was the love that shone in the eyes of his bhai– or so he thought.

“Bhai”, he repeated

Nothing.

“ Look, I know you are mad at me but you have to understand bhai, he’s my father” He’s our father he had wanted to say.

“ I know Ayaan. I understand”

“No bhai you have to lis..” Wait. What

“Bhai, are you okay?”, Ayaan asked seriously worried. If his bhaijaan had let this go just like that, that only meant for a bigger problem.

“ Yes Ayaan. I just need some time alone”

Ayaan didn’t really know what to say except for he would be there for him no matter what.

“Thanks Ayaan. I have to go”

Asad stood paralyzed at the same spot after the line disconnected, unable to move even an inch. Right after he came across the strange Tanveer-nurse encounter, he had told Prasad to hire a personal detective and fish out all detail possible.

He had expected days even weeks before they got any meaningful news- desperately hoping not to hear any.

But what he had not known that Tanveer was quite famous in the detective world. Prasad had incidentally hired the same detective who had happened to be one of Tanveer’s victims’.

The results were instantaneous, disclosing all her previous dirty laundry including the new details involving her factory and pregnancy. Asad couldn’t believe his ears. He did not know what he expected but it was not this. Knowing Tanveer all too well, the detective had suspected her of upcoming seduction plans tied to Asad.

He had to get her out of the house but how?

Did he have the courage to simply tell her he knew the truth without hurting someone in the room? What would he do if she lied? Did he have enough strength to not strangle her for lying to her whole family straight through her teeth? Allah! What would her betrayal do to Ammi? And Najma was just a kid. And to think he had to use her to ignore his Zoya. How did this vile woman end up in his life? Why was all this turmoil all of a sudden turning his life upside down? Whatever happened to normal!

Knock. Knock

He fiercely hoped it wasn’t her. He could break something.

Another knock. He ignored it so it would go away.

“Mr.Khan”, said a soft voice.

If anything could have brought Asad out of his paralyzed state covered by his clouds of rage, it was just one voice. 

Her voice.

Asad almost took off the door in a hurry to gaze into the eyes behind it , instant relief gushing through him.

He couldn’t believe she had actually come to talk to him. She hadn’t looked him the eye after that fateful day. He desperately needed her right now. Needed her to tell him that everything would be okay.

“Zoya”

Whoa! Zoya! ZOYA! Did he just call me by me first name with his insanely hypnotic eyes that are now suddenly boring into mine?

Zoya forgot how to breathe for the moment.

“Did you need something”, Asad asked softly

“ I..I.. um just wanted to know if you wanted coffee. I was making some so umm.. just you no dinner so asking everyone”, she finished her incoherent sentence with an awkward laugh still dizzy from his intense stare.

“If only you’d join me”

"Huh"

"If only you would like to join me.. you know for coffee", he added after she gave him another blank stare.

OKAY! Either he is on drugs or he has now officially become crazy, possibly from one of his rage fits because of the court drama. Wonder if anger management enrolment is better for him or a just a therapist...

“Zoya”

“Hm”, was all she could manage.

“Are you okay?”, she looked like she was about to faint.

“Yes” , her voice shook

“Yes , you are okay or yes you will join me for coffee”

“Both”, she managed to reply through her erratic breathing.

Edited by Vintageflower - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Thank you  :D

HooriAsadMalik thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Awesome 😍

I am glad you are continuing...update soon

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: parakshi

Awesome 😍

I am glad you are continuing...update soon

Thank you!! will do soon

ruma_kolkata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi, thank you so much for such a beautiful, romantic Asya story after sooo long. Plz don't discontinue it in between and plz don't take long breaks 

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruma_kolkata

Hi, thank you so much for such a beautiful, romantic Asya story after sooo long. Plz don't discontinue it in between and plz don't take long breaks 

Thanks ruma! I love that you like it. Will try to update soon!! 

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

It is nice story

Loved it

Continue soon please 

Thanks 

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: asifiqbalsh

It is nice story