Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Anony-mouse

I think a lot of careers go through ups and downs..Just that for a lot of these guys when they were down (Aamir had many flops after QSQT, Aamir again had a lean phase when he was doing stuff like Mela, mangal pandey, Salman had 10 flops in a row after MPK before sanam bewafa)- I guess the point was that a lot of times they were able to bounce back because of the connections they had.

pather ke phool n baaghi were definitely hits

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: niyati13

Yes..And even many before them. Raj kapoor, Nutan, Nargis and many more were Nepo kids.

Kjo yuhin badnaam hai

Nargis too?

Bold - Not sure about that, he’s the one who made BW the exclusive club of progenies of BW celebrities, working hard to make sure only fruit of their loins thrive in the industry 

I could be wrong...

Edit: I forgot Nargis’ Mom was an actress too

Edited by BettyA1 - 4 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

Don’t think Amir could’ve even entered the industry if not for his family, in the late 80s he would’ve been considered too puny for a hero 

He had a very cute face and talent but his height or lack there of would’ve been a major hindrance at that time IMO 

QSQT was his home production

Edited by BettyA1 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Anony-mouse

I think a lot of careers go through ups and downs..Just that for a lot of these guys when they were down (Aamir had many flops after QSQT, Aamir again had a lean phase when he was doing stuff like Mela, mangal pandey, Salman had 10 flops in a row after MPK before sanam bewafa)- I guess the point was that a lot of times they were able to bounce back because of the connections they had.

🤪

you have ZERO knowledge 

Salman had a STRING of HITS or average films after MPK

Baaghi - HIT -1990

SANAM BEWAFA -SUPERHIT- 1991

PATTHAR KE PHOOL - Semi hit/above average -1991

KURBAAN - Average - 1991

SAAJAN - SUPER HIT -1991

---------------

Edited by Sanya.91 - 4 years ago
Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Don’t think Amir could’ve even entered the industry if not for his family, in the late 80s he would’ve been considered too puny for a hero 

He had a very cute face and talent but his height or lack there of would’ve been a major hindrance at that time IMO 

QSQT was his home production

On the contrary,Aamir had two films before his debut and had won national award special jury for one of them.So QSQT was not his debut film. 

Originally posted by: Dexterlove

On the contrary,Aamir had two films before his debut and had won national award special jury for one of them.So QSQT was not his debut film. 

yes he got special jury National award for his 1989 release RAAKH, just his 2nd film... a dark & negative character which was much layered & challenging then over rated srk's unbearable hamming in baazigar and specially in Darr.

Kids here dont know much about the pertinent information, and just post anything like this....

----------------------------------

Edited by Sanya.91 - 4 years ago

Of course being an industry kid always helps. But now that they have become legends, nobody cares. 

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Aamir would have survived by just doing offbeat movies but Salman was certainly lucky . His bad phases  were so low that its a miracle that he has come so far  without actual acting  talent 

Which bad phase?! ...

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Between 2001-2009 when he had very few hits till Wanted revived his career.

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterlove

He appeared in two films as a child actor - both directed by his Uncle or Daddy

Before QSQT he appeared in only one film as an adult (and as a supporting actor) in “Holi” which was an experimental film by Ketan Mehta that nobody got to watch

Amir Khan in “ Holi (1984) Credited as Aamir Hussain

BW was highly averse to risk taking and new formulas those days

Main stream and Art movies ( only seen by award juries, rarely by regular people)  ran in separate tracks 

So if not for his home production, given how things were then in BW, he would’ve never gotten an entry as a mainstream romantic hero IMO.. Of course I could be wrong...

P.S. He got National award special jury mention for QSQST (1988) & Rakh (1989)