so finally I watched JJ I wrote in the review thread that i couldn't watch it as it was not playing in my theater. Indeed the response for the film was poor, the shows were cancelled on day 1 itself and it went to super 30. But finally I saw it in a theater which is quite far from my house. I went to watch because I liked the promos...but please this is not that kind of film. Trailer promos and even music are deceptive.
a lot of talk is happening online from Sid fans and others that movie flopped because of date changes. i may agree on a certain level but not entirely. The film did see some growth in the weekend but wasn't big enough and it's likely to crash tomorrow since it has only minted 2.7 crores on MONDAY dunno why other sources saying its 4+. Anyways coming to the point..i want to write down why i think the film bombed. and not date changes is the responsible factor of the fate of this film.
1. Content's POOR : Today a lot of movies which are different have been given a chance by the audience. Even JHK which dipped later on did well in first weekend. the movies with fresh concepts r being lapped up, but JJ is totally predictable from the word go. while 1st half has some moments you cant sit through 2nd half, this is not the era where a handsome looking hero and bubbly looking actress can save the day. AUDIENCE want Content Simple!
2. Cliched and Repetitive: i don't know when these bollywood makers shall stop making films on love stories based on childhood friends. This bore me to death. the moment the two kids were introduced in the first reel it was enough that this is going to be the same run of the mill story. u know these two shall end up together.
3. No chemistry this time around : Chemistry between the leads come out when story is exciting where HTP gave both Sid and Pari moments to fine. it falls flat here...no story to begin with, worse they are childhood lovers and when they come face to face, sparks dun fly, they go around doing everything having fun, even sleep with each other, but its the case of a body without soul. u just don't feel anything.
4. how long best friends shall be depicted as jokes in films : salman khan in KKHH, Dil toh pagal hai and god knows how mnay films..add aparishti khurana (who is really good though) are subjected to a reduced as a cupid for the main lovers. pathetic, boring and totally predictable. the brother of aayushman deserves better as he can act better than d both leads combined.
5. the actors don't even look like biharis : film is set in bihar and yet the actors (sid and pari) despite their clothes and working hard on the accents do not look like biharis from anywhere. In one scene Sid gobbles up a pan and in the next scene, you can see his shining white teeth displaying a smile which means he himself is conscious of his looks too much. An actual actor could have nailed this part. Same goes for Pari, the woman is so loud in these characters that she looks the same. she should now understand that people love content based films now. her biopic of Saina Nehwal may change her career direction otherwise she's a weak case in bollywood.
watch it only if ur really a die hard of Sid and can't miss any of his films, otherwise its worth a skip and worth saving your rs 250 bucks
Topic started by Ultimate_Shadow
Last replied by NeverGiveAF