Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I just read this in one go, and its so zippy and makes me want more. 

Thanks for writing this one. 

Icey_dreams thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Chp 7

Pooja went up to the cupboard near by, bent down and took out a large paper bag from inside. She sat on the bed with the bag. Kabir was closely observing her. 

She took out the file which appeared to be a medical file. 

She handed a film, a sonography film to kabir and said its the first picture of ved. Kabir took the film from her hand with his shaky hands. He remembered kavya and vyom his friend were so excited during kavya's first sonography test. He had mocked them at the time for being too mushy. He now understood how emotionally overwhelming this moment was. He marvelled at the image as pooja pointed out tiny ved in it. What confused kabir though was a tint of sadness in pooja's  voice. Next, Taking out a box from bag, she opened it and removed a clay molds of two tiny feet and hands. Kabir immediately guessed it to be ved's. He couldn't stop tears falling from his eyes. Pooja said she got it made for sake of memories. Kabir taking those clay mold in hands said my son with reverant emotions. He thought his heart would burst out with love for his son. Ved, his son was so tiny when he was born.

Pooja was silent; letting kabir experience this emotions. Than with shaky hands she took out other box and there were another set of identical foot and hand clay molds. Kabir looked at those, feeling puzzled he turned to pooja. She was sobbing, kabir sounding alarmed asked who's molds are those. Pooja with a feeble voice said pari. Your twin daughter. We had twins.

He had a daughter too? It was more than a week, he only saw ved. where was his daughter? she was too young to be left alone. He franatically turned to pooja for answers....Pooja had a far away look in her eyes she started talking.. I was feeling nauseous from couple of days. I thought it was some viral infection. On amma's insistence, I went to a doctor. She told me I was pregnant. I couldn't believe at first. I asked her if she was sure. From that moment on I felt fiercely protective for our unborn baby. I wanted to run  away in case anyone found out. But than I had to secure the future of our child too. I went to office took the money, covered the trail incase someone found out. Within two days, I had to leave. I bought a flat in Mumbai. I was on a mission. I hired a movie crew to help me fake an accident. I didn't want to take any risk hence used a stunt man to drive my car over the cliff. Once satisfied with the accident optics, I gave it a colour of suicide by leaving behind a suicide note. I took a flight to Mumbai, hired a full time nurse incase there was an emergency. Soon, it was time for first sonography. I went to the Dr.  , She told me there were twins. I was estatic. But she warned me that these pregnancies are often difficult. I vowed to protect my babies. I took complete rest. Everything was going well. Babies had started moving and kicking. She unconsciously took kabir's hand and placed it on her stomach. It was 7th month. One morning while I was drinking tea, babies stopped moving. Nurse immediately called Dr.  ;Tests were done, it was revealed that One of the babies had started loosing weight. Dr. Said they had to deliver children as both of their lives were in danger. She turned to kabir bursting in tears,  kabir! !! and just like that my world turned upside down. Kabir saw she was reliving the pain all over again. He too couldn't control his tears. As I gained consciousness after the operation, they told me it's a boy and a girl but as they were weak they had kept them in incubators. They both were so tiny And they had tubes inserted in them, it was heart wrenching. After 2 months when i could finally get them home; i got the molds done for memories. But pari was weak she couldnt survive. She never woke up from the sleep. I...I failed to protect my child. I failed at being a mother. She collapsed into kabirs arms. Resting her head on his chest she cried her heart out releasing All the pain she had buried inside her from past 4 years. There she had laid out her deepest secret to kabir. Her insecurity, weakness. Everything. kabir hugged her while they both weeped. Grieving for their baby. Together. She showed him the videos of their kids, the time they were born. Soon it was morning pooja got dressed and asked kabir to accompany her. It was the last and final thing that needs to be done.  She thought. Kabir and pooja went to the grave of their daughter. On the tomb stone it was written 'pari kabir mittal.'

Kabir placed his hand on the grave. Pooja placed her hand on his, over the grave and told him, In presence of our daughter, I promise you kabir mittal, I will never come between you and your son ved. I know, I failed to protect our daughter but I have tried my best to be the mother ved deserves.  After hearing this truth, i will not fault you if you don't want me near ved. 

Kabir looked into pĆ²oja's eyes, she looked hollow, lost,resigned. There was an emptyness in them that mirrored his. Dios!!!! She was living with the guilt that she killed her own child. Kabir cupped pooja's face waited till she looked in his eyes. He didn't like this defeated pooja. He had always admired her fighting spirit. 

Kabir : you have done lots of mistakes in your life. You have done horrible things to me but pooja you have been the best mother to ved. When I see my son, I feel nothing but pride. our daughter still lives on in ved. She is still here with us, watching over her brother like little Angel from heaven. It wasn't your fault.

Pooja did not say a word. She realised kabir was far better person than her. She felt ashamed of herself. She left. She was sitting in ved's room thinking about kabir even after all this time he didn't blame her instead He had comforting words for her. Why was she suprised? Kabir despite being  p.k. Mittal's son always stood up for truth. By Telling him everything, her heart felt light as if a burden was lifted from her heart. She realised, He could have used this opportunity to humiliate her, take away her son from her but he didn't. (A small voice in her heart spoke) because kabir understands you. He would never hurt you. He never has!! He gets you like no one else. He was her anchor. Her salvation. She was stunned at how important it was for her what kabir thought. Growing up due to all the experiences she never gave a damn about what society thought of her but kabir's opinion mattered. Like an epiphany, she realised she loved kabir. She had unconsciously depended on kabir right from the start when her revenge was complete and she was trying to find her footing in factory And that night when all her defences were down she could no longer fight herself against her feelings for kabir.  If she didn't love kabir, she never would have given herself to him. He was her first and her last. Fresh tears rolled down from her eyes. She had hurt and deceived the man who she loved the most all because she was scared and had trust issues.

Kabir might have not taken away ved from her due to goodness of his heart but he would never love her and more importantly never trust her now.

Kabir sat down near the grave. He had thought he wasnt capable of feeling anything anymore but the ache in his heart was evidence that he was still vulnerable. He knew he should be angry at pooja, but somehow he felt her pain, he had always sensed her pain almost like there was a connection between them. When dhruv had kidnapped her, he had felt dread and restlessness; emotions which he had not experienced even while serving in army. He never allowed himself to think that he cared for her. Pooja a broken, orphan girl with a fighting spirit tugged at his heart like no other woman. He was tired, Exhausted fighting with himself over his feelings for pooja. He could no longer deny that he was in love with her. Sadly, he realised pooja would never love him back. She will never forget that he was P.K.Mittal's son. There will always be distrust between them. At the most she might come to respect him but she will never trust him. She might have revealed this truth, out of pity for him, Which was ironically more distressing. He decided to keep distance from her and live his life for ved.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this!!!

Edited by Icey_dreams - 4 years ago
maivelli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Please update it soon post it soon most of the readers now go in WhatsApp I too usually check stories there only so suggesting you 

You will get many readers over there

Icey_dreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: maivelli

Please update it soon post it soon most of the readers now go in WhatsApp I too usually check stories there only so suggesting you 

You will get many readers over there

Hi maivelli

I think u mean wattpad I guess. yes I will upload it on wattpad. once I am done with new chapter will post there all together. Was actually little sad that show is ending hence not able to get in the zone of writing.hence the delay in new chapter. Just hoping for some miracle that we see them again onscreen.

Icey_dreams thumbnail

Thanks kshubhangi . Will update soon.

Icey_dreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: Icey_dreams

Hi maivelli

I think u mean wattpad I guess. yes I will upload it on wattpad. once I am done with new chapter will post there all together. Was actually little sad that show is ending hence not able to get in the zone of writing.hence the delay in new chapter. Just hoping for some miracle that we see them again onscreen.

Hey maivelli 

I just posted all the old chapters on watt pad.  Thanks for all the encouragement.

maivelli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Icey_dreams

Hey maivelli 

I just posted all the old chapters on watt pad.  Thanks for all the encouragement.

I tried but couldn't find it 

Tell me your user name

Icey_dreams thumbnail

Originally posted by: maivelli

I tried but couldn't find it 

Tell me your user name

Icey_dreams

Icey_dreams thumbnail

Chp 7

At home pooja told amma everything. Amma to pooja : beta itna dard akele jee gayi tu? Ek bar bhi apni Amma ki yaad nahi aayi. 

Pooja : Amma meine socha ki aapne apni poori zindagi mere liye jee. Abh apko koi takleef na du.

Amma : Ek beti kabhi apni maa ko taklif nahi deti. 

Pooja : I am sorry Amma. 

Sometime later Kabir came home and met Amma. 

Amma : mujhe pooja ne sab bataya. Kabir hugged her and tears fell from his eyes.

Amma : wiping his tears said Hume ved pe dhyaan dena hai. Woh toh abhi hamare saath hai.

Amma and Kabir had developed a deep bond in past 4 years. After pooja had left. Amma was devastated and had fallen ill. Rani had cut all ties with Amma because she felt Amma had supported pooja. Pooja's mother was indifferent to amma and blindly belived and pampered rani. It was Kabir who took care of Amma, nursed her back to health and had overtaken the reins of NGO. Kabir was heartbroken on how his mother supported dhruv in his wrong decisions and somehow the differences of ideologies had caused distance in their relationship. Amma was like a foster mother to him. Who wouldn't hesitate to berate Kabir when she felt he was wrong. To Amma Kabir filled the void left behind by pooja. She gained a son who was ideal and righteous. She was proud of him. It suprised kabir that within such short span of time amma had become an emotional pillar to him. She understood him even without him saying anything like a mother would. He was glad he had amma. 

Soon it was night time; Kabir was trying to concentrate on work but just couldn't. The events of the day had taken a toll on him. He thought of ved; his bundle of joy. he resolved that he will be best father to him. Just than he heard a soft knock on his door. It was pooja. He nodded his head to gesture her to come in. Pooja came to Kabir with a glass of chickoo milkshake. 

Pooja : I thought we both could use a drink tonight.

Kabir looked at the glass contents and than at pooja as if to convey are you kidding me!

Pooja : hey its a house with a 3 yr old in it. I don't keep drinks in the house and I suppose you dont have a bottle on you either. So this is the best I could get. 

Kabir : not finding it funny, asked pooja why are you here?

Pooja was silent for a moment as if contemplating her thoughts.

Pooja : you know, since the time i had ved, bringing him up all alone took up most of my time but now things are different; ved has you and amma; as a result I have lots of spare time. I can focus on other things in life now. 

Kabir was listening to her intently. As She looked at him he nodded.

She continued. I never thought I would need anyone in my life other than ved but (she pause, uncertain how to convey her thoughts) when you came back, we got together (she went scarlet remembering that night) Kabir too noticed that blush. These past days sharing with you my fears and pain felt good. I realised the value of having a companion in life. Someone who would understand me, share my sorrows, insecurities and happiness. I feel it would be nice to have someone to lean on for support. 

Kabir had stiffen by her side. Pooja noticed this and thought so this was his standard response these days to deal with unknown challenge.

Pooja turned to Kabir looked right in his eyes and asked, Kabir would you mind if I move on with someone in life?

Kabir unable to sit any longer besides her, got up form the bed turned his back to her. Kabir thought what sort of woman is pooja. By being with me she realised she needed a companion and now she wants to go and find someone else. A picture of pooja with some other man laughing and playing with ved flashed before his eyes. God! it hurt even in imagination. Ved having two dad's ? He will be damned if ved ever called anyone else his father. But pooja had a right to be with anyone she liked. He had given up on idea of ever being with any woman; how could he, when he had irrevocably fallen in love with pooja. But that didn't mean even she should love him back. 

Steeling himself, still with his back facing to pooja he said, ofcourse you can move on in life, if you find someone who understands you and has all the qualities you want in a  life partner.  

Pooja : thanks Kabir! For understanding me. She got up. 

Kabir turned to her at that moment and said pooja you don't need to take my permission for it as its your life. But I will not tolerate ved addressing any other man as dad! I have filled the divorce papers and I will retain the full custody of ved. You can visit him anytime you want but alone. 

Pooja looked nonchalant at his preposition, walked to the other side of the bed,  and said Kabir don't worry that won't be a problem. 

Pooja layed in supine position ready to sleep on the bed. Kabir suprised by her actions, irritated by her indifference and angry because of his reaction to the situation asked what are you doing? Why are you sleeping here?

Pooja got into sitting position and said, just now you said you don't have problem with me starting a new life with a man I feel is suitable for me. I am doing just that.

Kabir now all pretence of calmness disappearing asked pooja I am not in the mood of games. Atleast not today.

Pooja now got up, came to him and said it not my problem if your thick head is not able to comprehend things clearly. How can you think I will ever find a man who understands me better than you? Who else will share my pain and understand it, live it, like it is his own? Where will I find a man other than you who will love my child just like you do? How can you think I will ever let ved call some random man his dad? Even when you didn't know about the existence of ved or pari I had given them your name. 

I know you have filed divorce papers but I am going to challenge it.

Kabir : you promised me on our daughters grave you won't come between me and ved.

Pooja : I know. I intend to keep my promise till i die. I am not going to challenge the custody. I am filing for restitution of conjugal rights with you. She came closer to kabir, placed her hand on his cheeks and said I am fighting for you kabir. I want you. I want a family, ved deserves a happy home and I am willing to fight for it with myself, with you and with fate for it.

It's upto you whether you want to accept it or fight against it.

Kabir was too stunned. He was used to lying, scheming, deceiving pooja this blunt brutally honest pooja was unnerving to say the least. He needed some space to think. He took the pillow and proceeded to leave the room.

Pooja : you are leaving!!!oh is it because you can't control your attraction towards me. Our close proximity affects you. You cant handle it.There was a challenge in her words. Kabir took a u-turn; his eyes threw daggers at pooja. He kept the pillow on bed and pretended to sleep.  

Kabir was too shocked to respond to the events that folded in last 15 mins. It was becoming a ritual pooja would come weave her Web and he was caught in it as always. He thought ruefully.

Pooja smiled inwardly went to her side of bed and slept.

Hope you guys liked it.

nathalie_rs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I read all the chapters in one go. The concept of this ff is amazing. Your writing skills are very good. This is one of the best JABIR ff I've come across. I absolutely love it. Definitely looking forward to reading more. Do update soon.