Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: greatwhite

well your life doesn't end after 40! And also it's better to split than live in a loveless marriage. 

So agree with you. I have seen many ppl in real life who feel like trapped in marriage and no longer love each other but stay together because of child and have no option. In the end what matters is if you are happy or not. 

Ranjali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sorein

What? No, marriage and children are not everyone’s life and some people have passions or other interests in life beyond their marriage thankfully. Life does not start when you get married and end after divorce. 🙄 

Loved your post 😀

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

What would they do after divorce? they are in their 40's is the question being asked. It's fine to be single if your happy. Why the HELL you need to be in relationship if your not happy with the person. Who said you need to be in a relationship or else your not doing something in life. Please. I don't like how married people think.

Anyways I didn't know Dia was with him for so many years, they were married since 2014.  But they didn't have kids together so at least she's not going to be a single mom. She's beautiful

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ye celeb log sirf fancy kapde aur publicity ke liye shaadi karte hain.

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I personally will never divorce after 40-50, it's not the age thingy and i know , we can live single and we have so many other interests, but Its your emotion and your time that you've invested in knowing each other and building up this 10-11 years of old relationship. It's easy to write 100 words without having to go through that stage. Trust me, anyone who is writing and talking about other interests and all that '' we can live single rather than being in unhappy marriage'' & '' we have so many other interests''. If you've seriously invested so much in a relationship like this, it'ill be so hard to move out of it. and by the way, I'm certainly sure that you will not be able to concentrate on your '' other interests'' too. 

Redmi thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sorein

Most people marry purely because they want children or because they feel pressurised by their parents or society. Or because they think marriage is Disney-like. That’s why the divorce rate is so high. Marriage is not for everyone and is definitely not the key to happiness. It can be for some people but usually it is a mean to an end, that’s why 80% of the married couples I know are miserable. You can find fulfilment through having an active social life, great friends, family, doing charitable work, dating, travelling, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I am absolutely not against marriage but let’s stop assuming that everyone wants or needs to get married.

I am not against divorce either. But I feel these celebs don't take the institution of marriage seriously and take divorce just for silly reasons. There's nothing wrong in being there for each other and understanding each other and living together accordingly. 

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Redmi

I am not against divorce either. But I feel these celebs don't take the institution of marriage seriously and take divorce just for silly reasons. There's nothing wrong in being there for each other and understanding each other and living together accordingly. 

besides, there is a solution of every problem. unless, problem is a bit tricky and complicated. which is, in this case i guess. 

Ranjali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deadinside

I personally will never divorce after 40-50, it's not the age thingy and i know , we can live single and we have so many other interests, but Its your emotion and your time that you've invested in knowing each other and building up this 10-11 years of old relationship. It's easy to write 100 words without having to go through that stage. Trust me, anyone who is writing and talking about other interests and all that '' we can live single rather than being in unhappy marriage'' & '' we have so many other interests''. If you've seriously invested so much in a relationship like this, it'ill be so hard to move out of it. and by the way, I'm certainly sure that you will not be able to concentrate on your '' other interests'' too. 

We don't know may be they did try to save their relationship but it didn't work out. How long can they wait? So what if time was invested? What if you no longer want it?

In my family I have seen a couple. My uncle and aunty stopped talking to each other since 2005, they go for functions and all together but never get along.  My uncle always prefer being and travelling. Now their children are grown up. Normal middle class ppl don't have the option of separation they continue with such toxic relationship. Celebs and rich people have have more freedom and financial independence so they can move out.

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Ranjali

We don't know may be they did try to save their relationship but it didn't work out. How long can they wait? So what if time was invested? What if you no longer want it?

In my family I have seen a couple. My uncle and aunty stopped talking to each other since 2005, they go for functions and all together but never get along.  My uncle always prefer being and travelling. Now their children are grown up. Normal middle class ppl don't have the option of separation they continue with such toxic relationship. Celebs and rich people have have more freedom and financial independence so they can move out.

true. This mentality gives rise to men n women being stuck in toxic relationship. I see couples everyday who r married for Nam ka waste, I have a neighbor couple,the husband has a 3rd mistress by now, didn't even attend the daughters wedding. My housemaid's husband serially cheats on her,and actually shouted on my mom once when she called his no asking if she'd come to work that day cz that's the only no she gave us. He was angry that my mom must be some sort of spy of his wife checking if he's with someone else. 

These people really should get a divorce

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Most of the marriages that I know closely and intimately are trash. The couples are extremely unhappy and depressed. There's no love in the marriages. They can not get divorced because of societal pressure, children or because the wife is not independent financially and her parents are not allowing her to return to their home. 

But are the children happy?? No . They're also growing up disturbed and having many psychological problems because of the constant arguments and ugly fights at home and the insecurity. They're having issues like poor self esteem,  irritability and lack of confidence. 

The couples are also having less productivity and living a meaningless useless life because of having to carry the dead marriage. It's much like dragging a carcass around. 

If the societal pressure and social bullying wasn't there and women folk of our country were more independent, at least 50 % of the married couple will get divorced immediately. 

I severely condemn any and all societal pressure that tries a keep a couple together. Divorce is a blessing. A boon. It should be as widely accepted every where as is marriage. 

Marriage is absolutely not necessary for happiness. There's just so many more ways better ways to live life meaningfully and happily. All the divorced couples I know of are so much happier post divorce. Only people who've no other life purpose or interests, stick to a marriage as every thing or the most important thing about life.