Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: ponymo

Maybe she faced a lot of discrimination because of her dusky tone, so she's happy her baby wouldn't have to face it. I don't see a problem with it

And this is the biggest issue,when one doesn't feel confident about their own skin they become insecure and pass these insecurities onto their kids.

"Don't wear this,it will look dark in you", "Put this cream it will make you bright".

Such comments to kids make them believe that they are not good enough.

Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Dumbass uneducated woman.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Did she loose few marbles during the labour? Wth is wrong with her? She had postpartum depression after her first born. I empathised with her doubts and few comments she made during the second one coz I could see her being vulnerable n in doubt. But what is with this thank god my daughter is fair n lovely? If she was dusky would she have shunned her or what? Her son is dusky and she has no problem with it beti dusky hoti toh zalzala aajata!! Bullcrap!

ibnbattuta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Such an insecure woman. I haven't heard anyone calling a baby bump ugly before. 

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

feel sad for her........surely she must've been insulted a lot due to her color, that instead of enjoying the joyous moment, she was relieved that her daughter is not dusky like her......

Which is sad because your skin color doesn't define who you are. But I understand it...people have messed up mentality over skin tone.

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: mango.chutney

Which is sad because your skin color doesn't define who you are. But I understand it...people have messed up mentality over skin tone.

Exactly, its not her fault..... its the society that needs to change.....

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
How much she earned by torturing oops from dis pregnancy publicity lol
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Even in 2019 such talk. Newborn baby skin colour can't be determined so early. Neither should skin-colour be the first thing on a new parents mind

GolguppaGuzzler thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I guess she faced a lot of discrimination and it obviously hurts. However she's a grown woman now, she shouldn't further propagate this mentality.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Sock-let

And this is the biggest issue,when one doesn't feel confident about their own skin they become insecure and pass these insecurities onto their kids.

"Don't wear this,it will look dark in you", "Put this cream it will make you bright".

Such comments to kids make them believe that they are not good enough.

But Sameera didn't say any of this. She's just happy her child doesn't have to face the discrimination she did. May be if her child were dusky she would have made her strong enough to fight her bullies.