Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Golden-dew

Did she loose few marbles during the labour? Wth is wrong with her? She had postpartum depression after her first born. I empathised with her doubts and few comments she made during the second one coz I could see her being vulnerable n in doubt. But what is with this thank god my daughter is fair n lovely? If she was dusky would she have shunned her or what? Her son is dusky and she has no problem with it beti dusky hoti toh zalzala aajata!! Bullcrap!

Completely agree with you! 👍 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

I know it sounds bad and its not politically correct and she being a celebrity should have been careful...but think for a second..that can u really blame a dusky woman who probably grew up listening about her skin color...being relieved that her daughter is fair and she won't have to grow through what she went through...again not condoning what she said...just being empathetic and sympathetic...

People can pose as woke all they want but fair skin for women is a beauty standard in India and in most of the world. You can't blame her for being happy that her daughter is fair and won't face brickbats from people. 

Everyone knows the reason Suhana Khan gets bashed so much is because of her skin color even though everyone will pretend they're doing it for some other reason.

Why do you think Priyanka and Deepika lighten their skin so much? They are like 20 shades lighter than when they started out. They deliberately overexpose and brighten every photo they post on instagram to look lighter. 

Edited by regnow - 4 years ago
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yikes.  Oh well.  She should give the kid some time.  A lot of babies start out "fair". 

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

One cannot dent the fact that in India, discrimination happens a lot due to color. Even now, if people see a dark skinned person the call him.madrasi or if they want to show a South Indian person, automatically his skin tone is black. Then call or mock him with Crow and what not ...

This has to change in society.

hasini009 thumbnail

maybe she's fed of listening 'XYZ  dont need makeup because she has flawless, milky white skin and her pristine look is to die for. wo dekho dark skinned, kitne mahine ho gaye hoga nahake. maila dikhta hai'...........blah blah. and may be she's happy that racists wont get the chance to attack her kiddo for her skin color.

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

At times I feel this forum get's too philosophical and judgemental. 

Sameera must have made such statement may be bcoz she being dusky faced discrimination and doesn't want her daughter to face the same. 

I have a cousin she's dusky and wasn't getting good marriage proposals. Relatives and all would gossip about her. That did affect her self confidence. Last year she got married and now she's expecting a baby. She said to me once that if it's a girl she wants her to be fair and not dusky like herself. Well I can totally understand her. It's very easy to give gyaan to people but only people who have faced problems will know how it feels. 

whiskeytwilight thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

She's just had a baby give her sometime and benefit of doubt. Maybe she didn't mean it the way it turned out just overexcited and happy probably. 

Tinkerbelle88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

So there is nothing wrong in people being judgmental and mocking dark skin tone? How about changing that sick mentality and learning to be happy and confident in your own skin instead of making ‘fair’ skin look like some divine superior blessing. Nobody can make anyone feel inferior without their consent and for someone who might have faced such discrimination should be even more strong and stand against such practices instead of falling into its pressure. If there is no resistance against it, it will never stop.

Edited by Tinkerbelle88 - 4 years ago
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: regnow

People can pose as woke all they want but fair skin for women is a beauty standard in India and in most of the world. You can't blame her for being happy that her daughter is fair and won't face brickbats from people. 

Everyone knows the reason Suhana Khan gets bashed so much is because of her skin color even though everyone will pretend they're doing it for some other reason.

Why do you think Priyanka and Deepika lighten their skin so much? They are like 20 shades lighter than when they started out. They deliberately overexpose and brighten every photo they post on instagram to look lighter. 

I don't think she gets bashed for her skin colour she gets bashed because she is funny looking and her features aren't soft and feminine. Even shanaya who is white as a ghost gets made fun of for her face.