Potential of Abhi Pragya story

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks the writer should not focus too much on Abhi Pragya's story? They have lived separately for half of their lives. I don't see the reason for them to live together when they don't trust each other and have issues until no

In today's episode too, they give too much focus to Abhi-Pragya, whose story has been degraded beyond recovery. I am looking forward to seeing Ranbir- Prachi story. I think that they have potential, If properly built. if they show proper understanding with each other, they can be a better couple and can show Abhi Pragya what they were missing. But, they don't give Ranbir enough time which is disappointing.

And I don't see the importance of showing gods background music on Abhi Pragya's story. When they are together nothing good happens. Although they can love each other, I feel they need to live separately.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abhigya.fan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

LOL.  This show is nothing without Abhi-Pragya. 5 years of character development and you want them to not focus on them? Have you completely lost it? Ranbir Prachi are nothing special at all.  Just annoying, over grown college brats. It feels like am watching SOTY part 3.The day they stop focusing on Abhi-Pragya is the day they will lose all viewership.  There may not be trust between Abhi-Pragya but there's plenty of love there that they developed for each other over the course of the relationship and clearly they yearn for each other. So what if they stayed away from each other for half their lives? Even after 2 decades, they matter to each other.  There's plenty of potential to develop a mature love story between them. Where they can work on trust and  communicate better with each other. 

They are the main stay of the show and you will have to deal with it.  Some of us are long time Abhigya fans and watch it only for them. The new generation does exactly nothing for me. Everyday,  I wait for it so I can watch Abhi-Pragya scenes. So can you please stop it? Thanks. 

Edited by davos - 4 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Ideally pragya deserves a better partner than abhi, but just for the heck of him being the blindly-loved male lead despite being undeserving of the female lead, they should both be together just to make their fans happy, otherwise as someone who only started watching for the new gen and having always heavily disliked the show and abhigya as a couple, I also think abhigya like raman and ishita are a toxic couple and the male leads are undeserving of the female leads, but at least raman has shown far more progress than abhi and raman has not blindly backed-up his siblings or any villain when he knew they were wrong or turned blind eyes to their wrong-doings. 

I'd rather watch for abhigya's story as parents who discover and bond with their separated daughters, prachi-ranbir love story, sunny-disha-kiara all returning to the show, sunny's dynamic with his father, secret of aliya-purab marriage and purab-disha breakup. These are the things I'm interested in. I also like the college stuff of the new gen, so long as its not centered around rhea's constant plotting and humiliating prachi. 

Abhigya.fan thumbnail

Also,  this teeny bopper college love story is no patch on the intense relationship Abhi-Pragya had. Have you even watched the old episodes? They don't need to learn anything from Prachi and Ranbir. Lmao.  Yeah they don't trust each other but they will. The writers broke them apart in the nastiest way possible over Kiara's death and to not bring them together and sideline them over a  bunch of college kids would be a travesty.  Am sorry but this post got me worked up and I need  to vent. 

Abhigya.fan thumbnail

For 5 years,  this show ran on the strength of Abhi-Pragya's love story and the ups and downs of their life.  The new characters are literally 2 months old. You want Abhigya to be sidelined for them? 

People (like me)  want to see them happy and they could have ended the show with Abhigya being happy with Kiara and the twins. But no.  Stupid makers wanted to saddle us with this leap.I just want a happy ending for my most favorite couple on Indian tv.  Their story deserves justice.  Period. 

misfit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sorry but only watching for Abhi and Pragya. The new gen has zero chemistry and their potential in front of the former is nil. More interested in abhi and pragya under better writing.

I like Mughda but just not in this role. It does nothing for me. I’m never one to comment on age but really their age is showing in comparison to the leads. They should have brought younger, teen looling actors for the kids. I’m getting such a whiplash watching Mughda and Naina play their daughters. 

And really their character isn’t even developed properly. They are more recycling over Abhi, Pragya and Aliya’s characters

Miss-Behave thumbnail

Originally posted by: davos

Also,  this teeny bopper college love story is no patch on the intense relationship Abhi-Pragya had. Have you even watched the old episodes? They don't need to learn anything from Prachi and Ranbir. Lmao.  Yeah they don't trust each other but they will. The writers broke them apart in the nastiest way possible over Kiara's death and to not bring them together and sideline them over a  bunch of college kids would be a travesty.  Am sorry but this post got me worked up and I need  to vent. 

@Bold- Unfortunately, I have had the misfortune of seeing quite a lot of episodes of the world's worst husband abhi in the past back when my mother watched it, till she got sick of abhi as well as tanu-aliya. Intense relationship? Intense isn't exactly the word I would use for abhigya's relationship. IMO king was far better for pragya until they made him negative to make abhi more acceptable. I dislike abhigya as a couple and wish for a better partner for pragya as much as I have felt the same for Ishita-Raman over the years and I'm surprised given how awful of a person abhi is and how hard writers try and justify the way he has treated pragya that fans still so badly want pragya with him. 

I guess just for the sake of making abhigya fans happy they can make abhigya back together, otherwise pragya deserves better.

Abhigya.fan thumbnail

Yeah will have to disagree there with you.  Abhi has plenty of blame to share and he has his faults certainly but he more than made up for it many times over the course of the show. Anyway,  it's completely besides the point if Abhi deserves Pragya or not.  We are way past that. People are emotionally invested in this flawed love story and that's that. And I would characterise their relationship as intense because that's how I see it. 

Also,  who watches this show for Sunny,  Disha, Purab or Alia? LOL. They are fabulous supporting characters. Yes.  But without Abhi-Pragya no one would watch them.  The show is hollow without Abhigya.  Chala ke to dikhaye is show ko Abhi-Pragya ke bina. Main bhi dekhti hoon kitne dinon tak chalta hai. 

Abhigya.fan thumbnail

Also,  like misfit007 said Ranbir and Prachi are nothing different. The traits of Abhi-Pragya are being recycled. And in one of the previous episodes, they even had the famous fall and catch eye lock moments that's signature Abhigya. Pathetic really. But of course it didn't  have the same effect. Abhi was the original bad boy. He pulled it off so well. Ranbir ain't no bad boy.  Uske keh dene se ki woh bad boy hai koi ban nahi jaata.  They are desperately trying to make him like Abhi. But he looks like a kid.  The only character in the college who looks his age. Prachi is evidently Pragya 2.0. Same to same.  Is mein itna interesting kya hai? 

Prachi does not look like Abhi's daughter.  Whenever she hugs him,  I cringe. Kahaan uska baap lagta hai Abhi? The other day in an episode,  he called her beta. Omg. I died laughing. Same for Pragya. She doesn't look like their mom. The casting is all wrong. This is not Ranbir Prachi's show to take over.  Nope.  Once they give Abhigya a happy ending,  then may be.  I actually want Shabir Sriti to quit once the happy ending happens.

Miss-Behave thumbnail

Like i said in my initial comment, abhigya should be together to make their fans happy, but this new gen/ post-leap is clearly being enjoyed by people like myself who was not a fan of the show ever, and the continuing high trp's show that the trp audience isn't annoyed or disinterested in the new leap or new gen and are fine with continuing watching KKB with the new gen in it along side abhigya. 

It is only online fans who are being so ferociously against the new gen/ the new leap and mocking and hating on them, whereas tv audience are happy as long as they keep up the drama quotient in the show. I'm not for side lining anyone and would rather all characters be given something to do, as clearly only abhigya fans online are hating on new gen out of defensiveness for their fave jodi, but when there are people clearly enjoying the new gen and the trp audience have no issue in watching them and aren't exactly switching off their telly out of annoyance for the screen space being given to them, why would writers not give the new gen screen space too or why shouldn't the audience who also like the new gen not get to watch them be an integral part of the story?

People could say abhi is literally just like every other ekta male lead such as raman, and that pragya is just like every other female lead, but here instead people are saying ranbir-prachi are copies of abhi-pragya, when abhi-pragya aren't exactly original either when raman-ishita or even ram and priya from BALH are exactly like abhi-pragya's characterisations/ relationship. 

For example, Ishita-raman/ priya-ram both were also exactly the same as abhigya; rich male lead who claims undying love for female lead yet humiliates, accuses and misunderstands her and constantly throws her out of his life but then is justified by writers with his behaviour buy making him do everything he can to make up with the female lead only to treat her the same again in the future, both are polar opposites in terms of personality hence have a lot of nok-jhok and the female lead isn't rich. Same relationships, dynamics and personalities between all the couples. For this reason there is no point in saying one character is a copy of another when no characters on ITV are original and all male-female leads have the same characterisation. Ranbir and prachi are not a copy of abhigya, but are merely stereotypical male-female protagonists like abhigya that exist throughout ITV. Abhigya and their story is exactly like raman-ishita, ram-priya and many other onscreen jodis.