Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Simi264 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: poo_j

Here I thought there will be a love triangle between Eun Seom, Tanya and Tagon!!! But it turns out it'll be between Eun Seom, Tanya and Saya!!! 😆

M a teensy bit disappointed. Would have loved to watch a love triangle between Eunsom , Tanya and Tagon. 😊

Simi264 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NeanderthalGirl

Oh ho... i missed that part. Previews are so rushed  with so many scenes.. 

Next epi will be next saturday only right?

Yes, we have to wait until next Saturday

poo_j thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NeanderthalGirl

Oh ho... i missed that part. Previews are so rushed  with so many scenes.. 

Next epi will be next saturday only right?

Yep..Season 2 is aired continuously..So we will get next 6 episodes..After that, the remaining 6 will air in September!!! 

ndivyateja thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Im yet to watch the last 2 epis of s1..Already read the spoilers, Poo your predictions have all turned out true except for a love triangle between Tagon, Eunsom & Tanya 😆

I so badly wish the ratings pushed up to a two digit number, after all its a 50billion won show, on top of it they had to face the criticism, hoping the s2 will garner more viewership. 👍🏼

Its not about profits, its more about welcoming the change. If this show works well, a lot more people would take inspiration & we can enjoy different genres with better script on a large scale. This reminds me of Bahubali, it surely has mediocre script, but the CGI is class apart which knocked the other parts of the world & said "This is what Indian Cinema is capable of" It boosted many more directors to up the quality of films. I felt this show would break the bubble of Korean dramas for better, anyways hoping for the best 😳

poo_j thumbnail

Originally posted by: ndivyateja

Im yet to watch the last 2 epis of s1..Already read the spoilers, Poo your predictions have all turned out true except for a love triangle between Tagon, Eunsom & Tanya 😆

I so badly wish the ratings pushed up to a two digit number, after all its a 50billion won show, on top of it they had to face the criticism, hoping the s2 will garner more viewership. 👍🏼

Its not about profits, its more about welcoming the change. If this show works well, a lot more people would take inspiration & we can enjoy different genres with better script on a large scale. This reminds me of Bahubali, it surely has mediocre script, but the CGI is class apart which knocked the other parts of the world & said "This is what Indian Cinema is capable of" It boosted many more directors to up the quality of films. I felt this show would break the bubble of Korean dramas for better, anyways hoping for the best 😳

Divya, ya..I so wanted a love triangle between an enemy..But I think since he is way old onscreen wise like 15 or 18 years..Its understandable..Still they could have gone for it..Nevertheless love triangle between twins too won't be bad..😆 Saya gonna give tough competition to Eun Seom..

I just check top rated cable kdrama rankings..Arthdal Chronicles is in 24th position..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_drama

I wish too it crosses double digit..Its so deserve it..First time kdrama venturing into a such genre than the typical sageuk and modern dramas..Wish kneitzens open up to it..I still think its more about how they want the artist to look more beautiful onscreen and fashion thing is stopping them from  watching it..

https://twitter.com/gracedduddu/status/1140786357020741633?s=20

Aide is having high production cost too..😲

elsanna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

So season 1 has only 6 episodes and next will have 6 more...MMM little confused here😆

YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: elsanna

So season 1 has only 6 episodes and next will have 6 more...MMM little confused here😆

Its not season actually.. these are rather "parts" . Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. Like you are reading a book which is divided into parts. 

Part 1 was all about introducing the characters, making us familiar with arthdal, etc. Main story will be from part 2.

ndivyateja thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: poo_j

Divya, ya..I so wanted a love triangle between an enemy..But I think since he is way old onscreen wise like 15 or 18 years..Its understandable..Still they could have gone for it..Nevertheless love triangle between twins too won't be bad..😆 Saya gonna give tough competition to Eun Seom..

I wish too it crosses double digit..Its so deserve it..First time kdrama venturing into a such genre than the typical sageuk and modern dramas..Wish kneitzens open up to it..I still think its more about how they want the artist to look more beautiful onscreen and fashion thing is stopping them from  watching it..

Love triangle seems far fetched in this periodical fantasy, but Im craving for some romance, don't want the chemistry to go wasted 😆

No Poo, from what I read online {Mydramalist, Reddit, Soompi} people have a problem with the execution, It has different clans, Tribes, intricate details which are difficult to put up with general audiences, The long, deep episodes can come out as tedious if one isn't aware of the schema of the plot. Another complain they have is the CGI. 

Well it is a Korean show, more like a regional show, so expecting a Hollywood output is unfair, One should appreciate the efforts of the director to be able to pull off with whatever resources he could access. 

I read a comment online, which says..

"Mythology: This series are based on Korean mythology about Dangun, who is considered the founder of Koreans. you can ready about him in internet. It is set in Ancient Jeoson and about Korea's first nation and Bronze Age. The myth depicts a story how a Heaven's Son comes to Korean Peninsula and makes a first kingdom. becasue he was the second or third son and couldn't become the ruler of Heaven. He lands on Great White Mountain. Later a Tiger and Bear come to him and ask him to turn them into human. So he tells them to go and eat mugwort and garlic only during 100 days or something. The Tiger gives up in the middle. But the bear eat's it and becomes a woman. The bear woman and Heaven son have a child, Dangun. Dangun becomes the first real ruler of korea. Actually people say that he symbolizes a human as he was born from meeting of a spirit and an animal. Also he symbolizes the Bronze age of Korea. later he goes into a mountain and his spirit rests there. Well there are several versions and in one the capital they make is called Asadal. To compare it to the drama the Dangun must be the Aramun Haesseula in the drama. So this drama took this myth about creation of Koreans and made a fantasy :) "

Acc to this Mythology, koreans felt that the show had a European Flair to it, which is why the story is changed. 

They obviously have to write the story that serves universally as they are appealing to the world market. The ongoing story is par excellence as it is..👍🏼 Maybe with SJK playing dual role, s2 may have rise in ratings & is even more enthralling than s1. 😳

Edited by ndivyateja - 4 years ago
poo_j thumbnail

Originally posted by: ndivyateja

Love triangle seems far fetched in this periodical fantasy, but Im craving for some romance, don't want the chemistry to go wasted 😆

No Poo, from what I read online {Mydramalist, Reddit, Soompi} people have a problem with the execution, It has different clans, Tribes, intricate details which are difficult to put up with general audiences, The long, deep episodes can come out as tedious if one isn't aware of the schema of the plot. Another complain they have is the CGI. 

Well it is a Korean show, more like a regional show, so expecting a Hollywood output is unfair, One should appreciate the efforts of the director to be able to pull off with whatever resources he could access. 

I read a comment online, which says..

"Mythology: This series are based on Korean mythology about Dangun, who is considered the founder of Koreans. you can ready about him in internet. It is set in Ancient Jeoson and about Korea's first nation and Bronze Age. The myth depicts a story how a Heaven's Son comes to Korean Peninsula and makes a first kingdom. becasue he was the second or third son and couldn't become the ruler of Heaven. He lands on Great White Mountain. Later a Tiger and Bear come to him and ask him to turn them into human. So he tells them to go and eat mugwort and garlic only during 100 days or something. The Tiger gives up in the middle. But the bear eat's it and becomes a woman. The bear woman and Heaven son have a child, Dangun. Dangun becomes the first real ruler of korea. Actually people say that he symbolizes a human as he was born from meeting of a spirit and an animal. Also he symbolizes the Bronze age of Korea. later he goes into a mountain and his spirit rests there. Well there are several versions and in one the capital they make is called Asadal. To compare it to the drama the Dangun must be the Aramun Haesseula in the drama. So this drama took this myth about creation of Koreans and made a fantasy :) "

Acc to this Mythology, koreans felt that the show had a European Flair to it, which is why the story is changed. 

They obviously have to write the story that serves universally as they are appealing to the world market. The ongoing story is par excellence as it is..👍🏼 Maybe with SJK playing dual role, s2 may have rise in ratings & is even more enthralling than s1. 😳

I want some romance too..But Eun Seom and Chae-eun has more scenes nowadays than Eun Seom and Tanya..😆

They tried their best to incorporate all the details of different tribes..They can't show in vague with 1st few minutes with a voice over..Since its a new background they have to explain..So far I didn't find any episode boring or slow paced..

On CGI, it was good..Not that bad..I didn't know many scenes were CGI like the pond scene of Eun Seom and Tanya where they almost kiss..It looked realistic..

https://twitter.com/gracedduddu/status/1138300821857116160?s=20

Oh..So its like our mystical shows..Where Gods take human forms like in Ramayana and Mahabharata..

On European Flair..You mean like costumes? 

Edited by poo_j - 4 years ago
poo_j thumbnail

New Poster for Season 2

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1141237853483089921?s=20

Edited by poo_j - 4 years ago