Arthdal Chronicles [Sat - Sun]

Posted: 4 years ago

Profile:

• Drama: Arthdal Chronicles (English title)
  • Revised romanization: Aseudal Yeondaegi
  • Hangul: 아스달 연대기
  • Director: Kim Won-Suk
  • Writer: Kim Young-HyunPark Sang-Yeon
  • Network: tvN
  • Episodes: 18
  • Release Date: June 1, 2019 --
  • Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 21:00
  • Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis

Set in the fictional land of Arthdal during ancient times.

Eun-Sum (Song Joong-Ki) was born with a fate to bring disaster to Arthdal. Due to his mother's struggles to save him, he goes through hardships and grows up. He appears again in Arthdal.

Ta-Gon (Jang Dong-Gun) is a war hero of Arthdal. He has paved the way for Arthdal to become a prosperous city nation and he is the most powerful person in Arthdal. He dreams of becoming the first king of Arthdal.

Tan-Ya (Kim Ji-Won) was born with the same fate as Eun-Sum. She is the successor of the Wahan Tribe. Going through hardships, she realized her mission. She lives under the highest honor and her ambition is to become a politician.

Notes:

1. "Arthdal Chronicles" will consist of 3 parts, with each part consisting of 6 episodes. Part I and 2 will air consecutively, while Part 3 will air in the second half of 2019.

Credits: AsianWiki 

Absolutely loved 1st episode of Arthdal Chronicles!!! It was raw and  ruthless!!!  Special mention to Director  Kim Won Suk who directed epic dramas like Misaeng, Signal, My Mister..He was brilliant!!! Proved once again why he is an ace director!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 

Jung Jae Won who played the younger version of Tagon was brilliant!!! This drama has the strongest villain!!! He stole the 1st episode!!! 

Wonder the baby which Tagon took will be a look alike of Eun Seom..They seemed twins..Is Song  Joong Ki playing a double role??? 🤔🧐 

Sounds interesting and I like the cast. Will watch this.

Just watched the first episode.The first episode was pretty good.  The way Tagon's character was introduced and built in the first episode was good. So far the story seems to be intriguing. Will continue watching this. 

I AM IN 😃

Director of Signal, Jong Dong gun, SJK, KJW..I don't need anymore reasons.. 😆

Ironically, the other day we were talking about Moana & here comes a culturally significant show from Korea 👍🏼 

SJK looked a bit funny. 😛 JDG looks promising. First week was on high notes. Im intrigued !!

Originally posted by ndivyateja

I AM IN 😃

Director of Signal, Jong Dong gun, SJK, KJW..I don't need anymore reasons.. 😆

Ironically, the other day we were talking about Moana & here comes a culturally significant show from Korea 👍🏼 

SJK looked a bit funny. 😛 JDG looks promising. First week was on high notes. Im intrigued !!

Divya..Main reason I am watching this drama is because of him..Only next are for the MLs..

At present he is a teen..So he acted that way..I loved all their looks and presentation..

But Knetizens are complaining about purple lips and what not..Seems they want even those era people to be fashionable..🙄

Edited by poo_j - 4 years ago

What an outstanding 2nd episode!!! The 1st half was fluffy with Eun Seom and Tanya, 2nd half was gruesome and horrific and last ten minutes were filled with goosebumps with legends coming true!!! I am totally intrigued with this drama!!! 

Poo,

Not just purple lips, the biggest divided review this show got was for aping GoT in costume. The story is different, though Im not a GoT watcher. 

The biggest reason Im in..

Apart from the director, its Jang Dong gun, the Tagon, the Baap of acting & good looks 😆

Im intrigued because it is divided into 3 seasons..Its clearly Political drama where a barbarian might be fighting for..Thankfully no fantasy 👍🏼

Ep 1 was meh..but when it reached towards Ep 2 end..Im blown away..terrific execution & spectacular cinematography..👏

The director deserves much expansion of his work & this is the right show..Great to see something path breaking from k-land 👍🏼

Originally posted by ndivyateja

Poo,

Not just purple lips, the biggest divided review this show got was for aping GoT in costume. The story is different, though Im not a GoT watcher. 

The biggest reason Im in..

Apart from the director, its Jang Dong gun, the Tagon, the Baap of acting & good looks 😆

Im intrigued because it is divided into 3 seasons..Its clearly Political drama where a barbarian might be fighting for..Thankfully no fantasy 👍🏼

Ep 1 was meh..but when it reached towards Ep 2 end..Im blown away..terrific execution & spectacular cinematography..👏

The director deserves much expansion of his work & this is the right show..Great to see something path breaking from k-land 👍🏼

I dont watch GOT too..But all complaining its copy of it..I mean are the producer foolish??? Why would they plagiarize the most famous drama.. Its not like barbarian roles are patented to GOT..Barbarians and different tribes of people exist everywhere!!! 

Same..Btw Tagon younger version slayed it na..I am intrigued to know how Tagon gonna fall for Tanya too..As he already loves Taealha..

I have watched GOT and apart from the fact that both showcase the struggle for power I do not see much similarity. 

I think the reason why people are comparing the two might be because GOT also had a prophecy about the return of a hero,Azhor Ahai to save the world from darkness.