Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 years ago

Edited by janta-janardhan - 4 years ago
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ibnbattuta

I'm going to copy here what I wrote in CC.

I've read that this practice was most prevalent in Bengal, and surrounding areas like Bihar and Up somewhat. Completely nonexistent in North East.. punjab. Rajasthan..kashmir..gujarat and south India. 

Even today data shows maximum widows in Vrindavan are Bengali left there by greedy relatives to usurp their property wealth etc.

There is a special way widows were treated in Bengal with all the certified rituals if they weren't shipped off to Vrindavan. Even today once can spot some old bent women wearing a single white cloth draped loosely around their bodies...doing all the cooking of the house...while themselves surviving on niramish....treated no better than as a glorified slave.

And hush hush...but the prettiest and youngestablished widows were sent to Sonagachi and other areas to service the white troops and officers.  No wonder Bengal had literally the biggest brothels...and still does today....even Bangladesh brothels are famous today...n

Guess everyone is clueless about real history. This is how you collate and triangulate things, not rely on one cooked up incident from fake history of Alexander times written by East India Company clerks. 

In Punjab, HP, Haryana...there was practice of chaddar chadhauna....where the younger brother would marry the widow. In Kashmir, there was no such practice. Neither in south India or north east. And nor in Rajasthan where women keep ghoonghat from elders even at home today. Ask why maximum widows in Vrindavan are Bengali? And why biggest wh o rehouses used to be near Company headquarters near Kolkata/Bengal?

And why all these Brahmo Samajis were Company officials kith and kin.

I have heard about this "chaddar chadhana" custom too. In fact, it was pretty common back in the day, my mom told me, women rarely went for Sati unless they loved their husband so much that they would die with them. Rarely pressure from family to commit Sati. Most would be wedded to the brother or another relative. My own greatgrandmother on the maternal side was very young when she got widowed and refused to be married to another relative and raised her kids on her own. I live in Delhi. Don't know about the other places. 

Hippopotamus160 thumbnail

who the heck is going to read this long post lol

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

years n years of strategies by world against india n still continuing....................

sati practice is an obsolete funeral custom where a widow immolates herself on her husband's pyre or takes her own life in another fashion shortly after her husband's death.

sati practice is in india ,Nepal , china ,pak,bangladesh ,srilanka , Myanmar , Vietnam, korea ,Indonesia ....etc.. in world. sati practice is seen in Hindus ,muslims,Jainism ,budhism ,Sikhism etc..

sati  practice is not there in Vedic times in india n not there in hinduism , it started with invasions after Vedic period. in hinduism after husband's death ,pooja is done for widow n children n hubby's things n property are given to widow n children to live happily . it's mostly seen in elite class n warriors - Brahmins n Kshatriyas not masses because of invasions ,mostly queens done it because of invasions n seen as honour.  The practice was never widespread throughout India, nor did it have scriptural sanction.

sati practice became prevalent n spread to masses n whole society during Mughal era when mass conversions started .

juahar is related to sati but done for different reasons . sati practice done by d widow , but juahar was mass suicide by women n children with their belongings as shown in movie padmavat ,even captured hubbies are alive is seen in rajasthan  in Rajput families during Rajput-mughals war to avoid enslavement ,rape etc.. even seen in northern Karnataka during delhi sultanate n captured warriors to saka. juahar is not seen during hindu -hindu wars but seen during hindu-muslim wars .sati practice is seen in colonial era also.  

in east india company rule in Bengal province sati practice is doubled . raja ram mohan was known for his efforts against sati practice ,child marriage, was employee of east india company ,he established brahma samaj. he established schools effectively replacing Sanskrit based education with English based education in india.he integrate western culture with best features of his own country's traditions.  done for their own reasons n brought prevention rules act n ban . forwatever reasons good happened against dis social evils. strange is sati practice is illegal n ban in india ,wat about witch hunt in west?

true secularism does not have any appeasement let alone sanctions on furthering religious causes. close the missionaries,madrasas n stop brainwash n conversions in the name of secularism i.e pseudo secularism. stop the forceful conversions by minorities through all means forceful,funds, charity,lure..etc.... why muslim personal laws, parsi etc.... the minorities are pampered in the name of being secular by the state and hence fear they lose this pamper by true secularism. single unified code for true secularism. this ucc is majorly opposed by seculars btwn i.e d pseudo seculars. why ucc the secular constitution of india not acceptable to minorities , do they feel that their religion comes first n takes the upper compared to the nation n development of the nation?

Edited by Cool_N_Cold - 4 years ago
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Sati was Shivas wife. She committed Sati. I don’t know how ppl say it’s not part of Hinduism and came with invaders.

God!!!

And it was prevalent everywhere in pockets. But was majorly in Bengal/Bihar/ Orissa.

Just like every bad thing with Hinduism some men pushed and propagated it so much that it became compulsory and that became an issue and that’s what the reformers fought against.

Everything is blamed on some invaders. It’s beyond ridiculous 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Pro.vo.King--

Is that why you are angry ? 😆

--- 

OT: Well deserved trolling .. ⭐️

I didnt know I was angry 🤣

A photograph where head isnt shown would be best 

simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Also haven’t you guys every heard of Roop Kanwar? She committed Sati in 1987. It was very well documented and several ppl including politicians were arrested for allowing and glorifying it. Pls do some research instead of blindly repeating what the BJP IT cell teaches.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: simim

Sati was Shivas wife. She committed Sati. I don’t know how ppl say it’s not part of Hinduism and came with invaders.

God!!!

And it was prevalent everywhere in pockets. But was majorly in Bengal/Bihar/ Orissa.

Just like every bad thing with Hinduism some men pushed and propagated it so much that it became compulsory and that became an issue and that’s what the reformers fought against.

Everything is blamed on some invaders. It’s beyond ridiculous 

answer some simple question, why did Goddess Sati committed Sati. Was she a widow? Did she commit Sati because Shiva die?

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

this women is pure trash of the highest order.. I cant believe even in 2019 we have to read such regressive thought process. 

btw food for thought  :  origin of the word "sati" ..

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: simim

Also haven’t you guys every heard of Roop Kanwar? She committed Sati in 1987. It was very well documented and several ppl including politicians were arrested for allowing and glorifying it. Pls do some research instead of blindly repeating what the BJP IT cell teaches.

very well remember this case..I donno what kind of gratification these ppl get by putting it on mughal invaders..like come on...we should have better knowledge than this