Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Kwerky

Yes! It was so much fun. :) Even Gulati's season was fine as far as this forum was concerned. Haven't been to a BB forum in the last few seasons. I wonder if it is still the same as far as fan groups are concerned.

Yes almost same Kind of fan groups . But the contestants are extra cautious and over smart as they know how this game is. Season 13 was very interesting...missed you guys. Though I bashed Gauhar that season but I like her now. Changed my mind. 

I didn’t watch season 12 ...it’s worst season ever.

Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† @ 'mohalleywali aunties'. That's an issue in so many places. People love to judge others and their lives. 

Reminds me of getting a haircut. Must have been 8 months or probably more since I got one last.

How's life in Germany compared to how it was in Switzerland? Is there anything which you like more about this place?

We're all stuck indoors - I have already lost my sense of personal upkeep. I sit in pyjamas all through the day; I comb my hair, and wash my face before a client meeting; but with most of my client meetings now being done without turning on the camera, sometimes I don't even bother with making this minimal effort to be presentable. :D

I haven't seen much of this country... I was travelling a little in the period from December - January, but since February, I have been home-bound. 
Compared to Switzerland, it was a pain getting furniture delivered to the flat. The delivery guys wanted to leave it at the doorstep (whereas they are required to bring it into the flat - to the room in which it is intended for)... I had to plead with them to bring it in, and they pretended to take pity on me and brought it. In Switzerland, this was not an issue. (Something to say about the work ethic, I guess)...
The people are also much louder here... They speak in their outside voice even inside the train. :D

It gets kinda lonely at times - my nearest friend is about 150 Km away, and there hasn't been the possibility of building a social circle during the lock-down. But I'm not complaining... Living in India was much worse last year (and is even worse now)... So, I will happily put up with a few of these quirks here. So what agar log chilla-chilla ke boltey hain... β˜―️

Wisian thumbnail

Originally posted by: SriRani

Yes almost same Kind of fan groups . But the contestants are extra cautious and over smart as they know how this game is. Season 13 was very interesting...missed you guys. Though I bashed Gauhar that season but I like her now. Changed my mind. 

I didn’t watch season 12 ...it’s worst season ever.

I think, we've had many bad seasons...
The first one was nice - nobody knew what was to be expected. They also had voting to eliminate people (aap kisko vote kar ke nikaalna chahtey hain?). From season two, the voting pattern was changed to benefit whom you want to save (aap kisko bachaana chahtey hain?)...
Season 2 was also nice; season 3 was absolute rubbish.  Vindu-wala season. It was so dull... and most surely rigged!).

Season 4 (Shweta Tiwari -Dolly Bindra), Season 5 (Juhi Parmar - Pooja missra), Season 6 (Urvashi Dholakia), Season 7 (Gautanki), Season 8 (Gulati) were all fine. 
Uskey baad waley seasons - I haven't watched at all... but the show has become too formulaic, if you ask me. And what I heard was that the last season ran for 140 day! Isn't that unbearable?! The first season did not run for even 3 months, and this last one ran for almost 5 months! 

Wisian thumbnail

Originally posted by: GETGOIN

Special mention to Wisu n kwerky

i really miss u πŸ˜­

please do pop up from hibernation πŸ’”πŸ˜­

we are waiting for u πŸ˜­...look what are you guys missing πŸ˜­...we haven't even discussed this season of BB wala quota this time πŸ˜­

Behen, kahaan hai tu, haan?
I also miss you. β€οΈ

Kwerky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Agree with this. As the seasons progressed, the contestants took a leaf out of the previous ones and knew that throwing tantrums, creating ruckus is one way to survive a few weeks. There seems to be too much interference from the makers too which strips away any remaining 'reality' aspect of the show, both in terms of content or voting. For me, the first season was the best.

Originally posted by: Wisian

I think, we've had many bad seasons...
The first one was nice - nobody knew what was to be expected. They also had voting to eliminate people (aap kisko vote kar ke nikaalna chahtey hain?). From season two, the voting pattern was changed to benefit whom you want to save (aap kisko bachaana chahtey hain?)...
Season 2 was also nice; season 3 was absolute rubbish.  Vindu-wala season. It was so dull... and most surely rigged!).

Season 4 (Shweta Tiwari -Dolly Bindra), Season 5 (Juhi Parmar - Pooja missra), Season 6 (Urvashi Dholakia), Season 7 (Gautanki), Season 8 (Gulati) were all fine. 
Uskey baad waley seasons - I haven't watched at all... but the show has become too formulaic, if you ask me. And what I heard was that the last season ran for 140 day! Isn't that unbearable?! The first season did not run for even 3 months, and this last one ran for almost 5 months! 

Kwerky thumbnail

I can identify with the lonely part, specially if one is working from home. Had faced that when we moved to Singapore and my interactions with people were limited to grocery stores and supermarkets for months and there was no lockdown. :)

It also takes a lot of discipline to work from home and get into a routine. πŸ˜Š

I don't see the Covid situation getting better any time this year. :(

Is there a lockdown still in your city or people are just taking precaution and working from home to avoid unnecessary stepping out? 

We're all stuck indoors - I have already lost my sense of personal upkeep. I sit in pyjamas all through the day; I comb my hair, and wash my face before a client meeting; but with most of my client meetings now being done without turning on the camera, sometimes I don't even bother with making this minimal effort to be presentable. :D

I haven't seen much of this country... I was travelling a little in the period from December - January, but since February, I have been home-bound. 
Compared to Switzerland, it was a pain getting furniture delivered to the flat. The delivery guys wanted to leave it at the doorstep (whereas they are required to bring it into the flat - to the room in which it is intended for)... I had to plead with them to bring it in, and they pretended to take pity on me and brought it. In Switzerland, this was not an issue. (Something to say about the work ethic, I guess)...
The people are also much louder here... They speak in their outside voice even inside the train. :D

It gets kinda lonely at times - my nearest friend is about 150 Km away, and there hasn't been the possibility of building a social circle during the lock-down. But I'm not complaining... Living in India was much worse last year (and is even worse now)... So, I will happily put up with a few of these quirks here. So what agar log chilla-chilla ke boltey hain... β˜―️

Kwerky thumbnail

Looks like she hasn't visited this site since March. πŸ˜”

Behen, kahaan hai tu, haan?
I also miss you. β€οΈ

Wisian thumbnail

Agree with this. As the seasons progressed, the contestants took a leaf out of the previous ones and knew that throwing tantrums, creating ruckus is one way to survive a few weeks. There seems to be too much interference from the makers too which strips away any remaining 'reality' aspect of the show, both in terms of content or voting. For me, the first season was the best.

Yeah, that is another thing - I always overlook how much interference there is in the show. "Reality" angle bachaa hi nahin hai...

Some years ago I was a show (fictional) call unReal. It is based on filming crew that is shooting a reality show... bridegroom picks up the bride... and gosh! If you see it, you'll know how brutal the producers of the show become when they need to generate content. 
I watched unReal and thought that this is an extreme - but I can quite imagine how the same story plays out with all these shows.

Wisian thumbnail

I can identify with the lonely part, specially if one is working from home. Had faced that when we moved to Singapore and my interactions with people were limited to grocery stores and supermarkets for months and there was no lockdown. :)

It also takes a lot of discipline to work from home and get into a routine. πŸ˜Š

I don't see the Covid situation getting better any time this year. :(

Is there a lockdown still in your city or people are just taking precaution and working from home to avoid unnecessary stepping out? 

Do people talk in the grocery stores in Singapore? 
In US, they do. The cashiers won't stay silent.
In Europe, they don't don't. 

My only contact is with my mother. I call her up everyday, and somedays, she tells me: aaj time nahin hai, kal phone karnaa, and I plead with her: thodi der to baat kar lo mujhse, please... I haven't spoken a word all day to anyone...

I think, there has never been a formal lock-down here. At one point of time, the streets just became deserted. But now, they seem to be full again.
I think, I still remain a little paranoid, and somewhat hypochondriac too... One has to be if one is living alone. Compared to the other people, I am taking the social distancing to an excess (but if I were to fall sick, I will have no support here, so it is the reasonable thing to do). 

Wisian thumbnail

I also don't expect the covid situation to improve.

If we get a vaccine, things may start coming back to normal... but there is a big 'IF' here.