Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 months ago

Chapter 145

They landed in Rome, all excitement and happiness. The two days of rest in Positano had recharged them completely and they were ready to take Rome by storm in the 12 hours that they had before they had to take a flight to Delhi. 

Depositing all their luggage in the airport lounge, for which Armaan had had to pay extra because they'd exceeded the baggage limit set by the airline, they started their tour. As always, on foot. All the walking had definitely toned their body, even if just a smidge. 

Riddhima was extremely excited, and had taken it upon herself to build their itinerary for the day. They started with the Leonardo Da Vinci museum, ooh-ing and aah-ing over all the wonders they found there, after which they visited the St. Peter's Basilica, a very famous church.

They were walking down the street to their next destination, a bistro that had come highly recommended by Google, when Riddhima stopped in her tracks. On the display of one of the couture designer boutiques, was the most beautiful wedding dress she'd ever seen. Unbidden, her feet took her to the display. "So gorgeous," she whispered to herself, her fingers running over the glass longingly. 

"Let's buy it," Armaan murmured from beside her. If this dress made her happy, then this dress she'd have.

Riddhima snorted. "Armaan, this is a wedding dress. Iska main kya karungi?"

"Let's get married," he shrugged. Riddhima looked at him. No, she gawked. Sometimes, her husband didn't make any sense. "We're already married," she pointed out.

"Toh?" Armaan questioned. "Hum phir se shaadi nahi kar sakte kya? It'll give you an occasion to wear the dress."

"You want us to get married again so I can wear a dress?" Riddhima questioned.

"I want to marry you again because I love you," Armaan replied. He'd just blurted the first words that had come to his mind when Riddhima had looked at the dress, but now that he'd said it, Armaan realized just how good of an idea it really was. They should get married again. A vow renewal, so to say. Something just for them. Not that their actual wedding hadn't been good, because it had been. It had been nothing short of perfect. And even though Armaan didn't remember much from the day apart from Riddhima's gorgeous smile, it was still the happiest day of his life and would always be. 

But, he also liked the idea of this. They'd already proclaimed their love for each other loudly by getting married in that pompous ceremony. Now, he wanted to love his wife quietly, to make a million promises to her and just her, and nobody else. To have this little piece of them to keep private, for nobody but them to know it. It made sense, given how their relationship had started. For so long, it had been just the two of them (and Rahul). And then, everyone found out and at times it felt like every aspect of their relationship was public knowledge because their friends were so nosy. And well, Armaan loved his friends but sometimes, he didn't want them to know every little detail about his life. 

He realized that a wedding was not a little detail by any means, but again, like Riddhima had pointed out, they were already married. This was not hiding so much as just a very intimate moment with his wife that he didn't want to share with the world.

"Are you serious?" Riddhima squeaked, a little hopeful, a lot excited. Because it was one of the more brilliant ideas her husband had had and frankly, the moment those words had come out of his mouth she had wanted to kiss him silly and say yes and marry him again because she was so hopelessly in love. It would be so beautiful, she realized. Just her and her husband, promising to love each other. She was oddly reminded of that moment many months ago when Armaan had surprised her by filling his room with her pictures. He'd made a promise that day, to love her forever and to never hurt her. She would never be able to express in words just how much that had meant to her.

Armaan had always been a hopeless romantic and very big on grand gestures. In the time they'd been together, he'd surprised her countless times, but that one memory had burned into her brain differently. Right now, she could only recollect that moment and how she'd felt then. Compounding it a million times, and she'd maybe come close to what she felt now. She felt so raw. If Armaan didn't follow through, she might actually disintegrate into the pavement right there. She wanted this so much. She hadn't realized it before, just how much she did. 

Her words brought Armaan out of his musings and he smiled at her, getting down on one knee right there in front of the boutique. "Will you marry me again, Basket? Make me the happiest man in the world twice over?"

"YES!" Riddhima shrieked. "You absolutely fool! Yes!" She also dropped to her knees in front of him, hauling him to her with the front of his shirt. She kissed then, all tongue and teeth, adrenaline pumping through her veins. They only pulled apart when they heard a throat clearing. Armaan looked up to see a woman standing at the door of the boutique, looking at the two of them with an exasperated smile.

"Hi," he greeted her sheepishly. "Can we buy that dress?" He asked, gesturing to the display. The woman's annoyed smile turned ecstatic. "Come on in," she welcomed them.

______

That is how, two hours later, Armaan and Riddhima were standing on a terrace overlooking the sprawling city of Rome, ready to marry each other again. When Riddhima had said yes, and then had promptly been ushered into a fitting, Armaan had taken the opportunity to get everything ready for the ceremony. After making sure that Riddhima had her phone on her and it was adequately charged, Armaan left her to get ready. He first went and booked a room in a hotel with a gorgeous terrace. Some persuasion and a little money changing hands had the staff agreeing to set-up for an intimate ceremony on said terrace. While they did so, Armaan quickly rushed to the airport and brought all their luggage to the hotel. And promptly realized that none of the clothes he'd carried were fit for a wedding, even if it was just going to be him and Riddhima. So, he purchased a smart blazer and a pair of chinos to wear for the ceremony. 

By the time he'd gotten dressed and reached the boutique to pick Riddhima up, she had decked out. Riddhima was an absolute vision in white and Armaan all but fell to his knees at the sight. "I love you," he stated, the moment she was within hearing range. A brilliant smile lit up her face. "I love you," she told him, kissing his cheek, not wanting to mess up her makeup.

Armaan thanked all the staff there profusely and once he'd settled the bill, quickly drove Riddhima to the hotel. He blindfolded her and brought her up to the terrace, enjoying the pleased gasp that left her lips when she saw how it had been transformed for their little do. Red and white flowers with bright fairy lights hung among drapes. The almost setting sun only added to the romance.

"Shall we?" Armaan asked, offering Riddhima his arm. She took it with a wide smile. Armaan walked them down the makeshift aisle to the end of the terrace by the parapet. There, they stood, facing each other, their hands clasped together tightly.

"Riddhima Mallik," Armaan said. "Baaki duniya ke liye yeh sirf ek naam hai, lekin mere liye, yeh woh khoobsurat sapna hai jo maine pichle 3 saal se dekha hai. Har din, har raat, har pal isse socha hai, chaha hai. Woh khwaish hai jo meri palkon pe baithi thi, woh khwaish, jo maine har raat ghadi ke 11:11 bajne par ki hai, woh khwaish, jo maine har tootte taare se ki hai. Woh mannat hai jo maine har bhagwan se maangi hai phir chahe woh mandir mein ho ya church. 

Aur aaj, mera yeh sapna, yeh khwaish, yeh tamanna, meri zindagi ki sabse haseen haqeeqat bann gayi hai. Mere liye yeh kya maayne rakhta hai, main shayad kabhi bayaan na kar pau, lekin is naam se mera wajood jooda hai. Mere dil ki dhadkan, meri har saans, sirf iss naam ki jaagir hai. Riddhima Mallik. 

Aur ab… Jab mera yeh sapna sach ho gaya hai, kuch vaade hain, jo main karna chaahta hu. Main… Main vaada karta hu, ki hamesha tumse bohot, bohot, bohot pyaar karunga. Hamesha tumhe khush rakhunga. Tumhaari har khwaish, tumhaare chaahne se pehle poori kar dunga. Tumhaare saare sapne sach kar dunga. Tumhe samjhunga, tumhaari koi baat nahi taalunga. Tumhaara har hukum sar aankhon pe hoga. 

Koshish karunga main, ki ek achcha husband, ek achcha papa aur ek achcha beta bann pau. Humaari family ko har tarah se support karunga. Gham ki parchai bhi hum par padne nahi doonga. Zindagi mein jitni mushkilen, musibatein aayein, kabhi peeche nahi hatunga. 

Har kadam, har faisle mein tumhaara saath dunga. Hamesha tumhaara haath thamkar chalunga. 

Jaanta hu, ki tum meri zindagi mein aayi pehli ladki nahi ho, lekin sirf tum ho, jisse maine itni mohabbat ki hai. Aur hamesha sirf aur sirf tumse karunga. Pata hai ki yeh bohot cheesy line hai, lekin sach toh yehi hai ki shayad iss poori duniya mein, kabhi kisine kisi aur se itna pyaar nahi kiya, jitna main tumse karta hu. Kyuki kisi aur ke paas tum jo nahi ho. 

Tumse zyada perfect mere liye aur koi nahi ho sakta, yeh jaanta hu main, kyuki koi mujhe itni achchi tarah nahi jaanta, nahi samajhta, jitni achchi tarah tum samajhti ho. Main kab khush hu, kab dukhi, maine khana khaya ya nahi, main achche se soya ya nahi, har cheez ka dhyaan rakhti ho. Meri fikr tumhe mujhse zyada hoti hai. Jaanta hu, jab mujhe takleef hoti hai toh tumhe kitna dard hota hai. 

Shayad main itna pyaar deserve nahi karta, lekin tumhaara pyaar aur tumhaara bharosa, meri zindagi mein sabse zyada keemti cheez hai. Aur hamesha rahenge. Main vaada karta hu ki inhe sambhal kar rakhunga. Tumhe kabhi mere saath ko regret nahi karne dunga. 

I love you, Riddhima Basket Mallik. And I always will."

Riddhima was sobbing by the time he'd finished speaking. Not bothering to say a word, she threw herself into his waiting arms. "Armaan," she mumbled, wholly reverent. "Armaan!"

Armaan didn't think he'd ever heard his name spoken with so much love ever before, not even by his wife. The tenderness with which her tongue wrapped around those syllables sent him reeling. He nearly lost his footing as weak in the knees as he was and had to clutch Riddhima tightly lest he sent them both toppling to the ground. "I love you," he whispered softly into her hair.

"I love you," Riddhima sobbed, hugging him even tighter. "I love you so much, I don't think I can express it in words."

"Yes, you can," Armaan countered gently. "Please, Basket. Mere liye?" He asked. He was already feeling all sorts of emotional but he just really wanted his wife to tell him how much she loved him.

"Okay," Riddhima agreed. "Okay." She moved slightly, looking up at Armaan from her perch on his chest. She didn't even put a little distance between them, instead resting her chin on his chest, where her head had been. Her arms tightened around his waist and Armaan let out a yelp at the movement, making Riddhima laugh through her tears.

"Armaan, maine kabhi khulke kaha nahi, lekin, tum meri zindagi ka sabse khoobsurat hissa ho. Jab hum mile the, mujhe kabhi nahi laga tha ki kisi din mujhe uss ladke se itna pyaar ho jaayega jo hamesha mujhe itna pareshaan karta tha. Lekin, ho gaya. Aur mujhe toh pata hi nahi chala, kab tumhaari harkatein mujhe annoying kam aur pyaari zyada lagne lagi. Shayad, woh raat thi, jab Mini ke liye hum dono hospital mein ruke the, aur maine dekha ki tum… Tumhaare dil mein sabke liye kitna zyada pyaar hai. Tumhe Mini ke saath dekhke, maine jaane bagair hi itne sapne bun liye, sab tumhaare saath. 

It's so weird, but, tumhe uske saath dekhke mera pehla khayal yehi tha that you'll be such a great father! And I think, ek achcha father ban'ne pehle ek achcha husband ban'na padta hai, aur usse pehle, ek achcha boyfriend. You see where I'm going with this, right? Somehow, Mini gave me that epiphany… Ki tumhaare saath rehna… It would be a great life. But, main hi tayyaar nahi thi. Shayad isliye hi humaare beech itne problems hue, but Armaan… I never doubted that… That you'll be a good husband.

Mujhe hamesha se pata tha. Shayad isliye meri expectations tumse kuch zyada hi high thi. But, I'm glad I had them, cause you went above and beyond. Har waqt, tumne mujhe yeh dikhaya ki tum kitne achche boyfriend ho, achche dost ho, achche doctor ho… Aur usse bhi zyada important. Tum kitne achche insaan ho. Kyunki tum ho. You're the best person I've ever met in my entire life.

And I know that I say that I love you because you're stupid and that's true but you're also very intelligent. You're so kind. You're funny. You're so passionate about everything you do. Shayad maine kabhi pehle tumhe bataya nahi, but ek din… Main, Di, Muskaan, aur Keerti Bhabhi, hum sab coffee pe yeh discuss kar rahe the ki humein kaisa life partner chahiye. Aur tum woh sab the jo woh sab apne partner se chaahti thi, usse bhi zyada. And I think, that made me realize… Ki tum already itne achche ho toh main kyun yeh sochti rahi ki hum compatible nahi hain. And then, I decided to confess to you. It was the best decision I ever made.

Jabse tum meri life mein aaye ho, my life has become so, so, so much better. Tumhaare saath rehke maine khudko samjha hai, Armaan. Main shayad kabhi apni zindagi iss tarah ne jeeti agar tum nahi aate toh - yeh stupid pranks, making new friends, stepping out of my comfort zone to try new things. What I'm trying to say is… You challenge me. You make me want to be the best version of myself. And I think, isse zyada important aur kya ho sakta hai ki koi tumhe itna inspire kare ki tum apni life mein aage badho, nayi cheezein karo? So, thank you, Armaan. Thank you for everything.

Main qisse kahaaniyon wala pyaar shayad tumse na kar pau, kyuki kahaaniyaan toh khatam ho jaati hai… Lekin tum aur main… hum… Baby, we're the realest thing in my life. Isliye, main sirf yeh promise karungi ki main hamesha tumse pyaar karungi, beete hue kal se thoda zyada, aur aane wale kal se thoda kam, kyunki tum toh har din mujhe nayi wajah de dete ho, tumse pyaar karne ki. And I'm so grateful.

I love you, Dr. Armaan Mallik. And I always will."

Riddhima didn't think she'd ever seen Armaan cry as hard as he was now. Broken sobs were leaving his mouth in bursts, his eyes red from all the tears he'd been shedding. He surged forward, slanting his mouth on hers in a hungry, desperate kiss. Riddhima could taste their tears mixed together as he devoured her, body and soul. "I love you!" He panted, breaking the kiss for a moment. "God, I love you so much."

"I love you," she replied, just as breathless, immediately connecting their lips together again, needing to feel as close to him as possible. 

They somehow made it to their room, Riddhima didn't even know how. Nothing mattered other than Armaan's lips on hers, his hands in her hair, his voice whispering in her ear. They fell back on the bed in a flurry of entangled limbs and didn't emerge for a while.

_____

"You're the best," Armaan mumbled, his voice hoarse. "The best wife."

"Best husband," Riddhima countered, kissing his hair as he snuggled into her embrace. 

"I have a gift for you," Armaan told her. "Main tumhe kabse dena chaahta tha but I wanted it to be special."

"Armaan, everyday with you is special," Riddhima replied.

"Sap," Armaan teased. "That was very cheesy. But also, yeh tumhaara wedding present hai. Jo I think tumhe shaadi ki raat hi mil jaana chahiye tha but logistics did not work out that way. So."

"Oh? Are we exchanging wedding presents? Mujhe bhi tumhe kuch dena hai!" Riddhima exclaimed.

"Basket," Armaan breathed. "Tumhe kuch dene ki zaroorat nahi hai."

"Zaroorat toh tumhe bhi nahi haina," Riddhima pointed out. "But I want to."

"Okay," Armaan agreed. "Show me."

Riddhima grinned. She rummaged through her suitcase till she found what she was looking for and skipped back into bed, a wide smile on her face. "Here you go," she presented him with a carefully wrapped package. Armaan accepted it with a wide smile.

"Careful," Riddhima warned him gently. Armaan, with utmost care, gently unwrapped the gift. He opened the box and his breath caught in his throat. "It's a first edition," Riddhima confessed, making Armaan look up at her in wonder. Inside, was the first edition of Superman : The Wedding Album, which was, as the name suggested, the comic that revolved around the wedding of Clark Kent and Lois Lane. Armaan picked up the comic, reverently running his fingers along the cover. He looked down to see that there were a few more comics. He knew they featured the honeymoon. He grinned brightly, pulling Riddhima into a kiss. "I love you."

"You'd better," Riddhima quipped. "Tumhe pata bhi hai iska first edition dhoondhna kitna mushkil tha? Rahul, Abhi, and I have been looking since the day you proposed."

"No? Really?" Armaan asked, gobsmacked. "Itne time se?"

"Yes," Riddhima confirmed. "Humein 2 mahine lage and the person who had it lived in Australia, so you can imagine how difficult shipping it was!"

"Thank you, Basket," Armaan whispered, kissing her knuckles and nuzzling into her palm. "Best wedding gift ever."

"This is your only gift," Riddhima snorted.

"Still the best!" Armaan argued. 

"Fine! Whatever. Now! Gimme!!" She demanded her own present. Armaan smiled, kissing her forehead. He put the comics back in place and secured them in his suitcase lest something happen to them. He opened one of the suitcases they'd purchased in Positano and fumbled around, pulling out a gift bag from the jeweler in Paris. Riddhima's eyes widened at that. 

"What?" She asked him when he gave it to her. "Yeh kya hai?"

"Dekho toh," Armaan urged. Riddhima opened the jewelry case and promptly lost her mind. Nestled inside was a full set, complete with earrings, a necklace, and a bracelet, set into the same mould as the ring her husband had proposed to her with.

"Armaan???" She looked up at him, confused as to how it was possible.

"This is actually the main reason for the Paris layover," Armaan explained sheepishly. "Jab maine decide kiya ki hum Amalfi aayenge, uske baad I called Mrs. Blanc to ask if she'd be able to do it and she said yes. Toh phir main tumhe Paris le gaya taaki main yeh pick up kar pau."

"Babyyyyy," Riddhima breathed, not knowing what to say. "Thank you. This is so sweet. You're the best."

"You're welcome," Armaan told her, hugging her tight. 

"Put it on?" Riddhima asked Armaan shyly and he was all too happy to oblige. He started with the earrings, kissing Riddhima's earlobes before he put the piercings in, moving to the necklace, leaving a trail of wet kisses along her neck and collarbone, and finally, the bracelet, kissing and nosing up from her fingers to her wrist. Riddhima shivered under his ministrations, pulling him closer, making him smile. 

"Gorgeous," Armaan mumbled when he was done, using the opportunity to pull her into another kiss. When they parted, Riddhima smiled brightly at him, tears shining in her eyes. "I love you," Armaan told her, kissing her eyes. 

Before things could escalate, Riddhima pulled away. "Five minutes?" She asked him. Armaan nodded, confused, and Riddhima skipped to the bathroom. Armaan made himself comfortable in bed, waiting for her, when the doorbell rang. "Room service!" A voice called.

Sighing, Armaan opened the door to a staffer standing there with a tray, laden with a covered plate and a bottle of champagne. "Room service," the guy repeated.

"Thanks," Armaan replied. "But I didn't order it."

"Ummm, sir," the man answered. "Your wife did."

"Oh," Armaan mumbled. "Okay. Thanks. I got it." He took the tray and pushed it inside, still a little confused as to why Riddhima would order the champagne but shrugged it off. They were on their honeymoon, after all. And they'd just gotten kinda married again. Maybe. She might've wanted to celebrate. 

When he opened the door to the bedroom, he was surprised to see that the atmosphere had completely changed. Riddhima had pulled all the drapes and turned off the lights. And there she stood, looking absolutely ethereal in a red nightgown that left very little to the imagination. Armaan stopped short in his tracks, his throat dry. "B— B— Basket?" He stuttered, earning a wolfish grin from his wife. 

"I thought we could have a do-over," Riddhima explained.

"What?" Armaan mumbled, absolutely losing his mind. What was she talking about? And then, the opening chords of Zara Zara Touch Me started wafting through the room. 

"I mean, pichli baar, you couldn't react the way I knew you wanted to. So," Riddhima shrugged, suddenly self-conscious. Armaan abandoned the tray and walked up to Riddhima, placing a filthy kiss to her waiting lips. "Yes," he breathed against her mouth. "Yes."

What a way to end their honeymoon, he thought feverishly as his wife pulled every trick in the book to seduce him, dancing and hugging and kissing him till it got too much and he pulled her into his arms and threw her on the bed, putting it to good use.

Later, they enjoyed the champagne and the chocolate covered strawberries that Riddhima had ordered for them. "This is really the best honeymoon ever," Riddhima told him. "Thank you so much, Armaan. Yeh time meri life ka sabse achcha time raha hai. I didn't think that was possible."

She got choked up as she said it, a few tears spilling out of her eyes as she lost herself in the memories of the most glorious two weeks of her life. She hadn't ever known she could experience so much joy, happiness, and love. 

"Hey," Armaan whispered, kissing away all her tears. "I love you."

"I love you," Riddhima promised. She snuggled into his arms, hiding herself there. Armaan sighed into the embrace. He had never thought he'd be so happy, hadn't ever thought he'd ever deserve such happiness. He'd never thought he'd get married. His parents hadn't set the best example and he'd resigned himself to bachelorhood for life, thinking that marriage was only bitterness and misery, but then, this woman, this absolutely brilliant woman, had walked into his life and turned his head about everything he knew to be true. 

Marriage was beautiful so far, and Armaan was so glad that he had stumbled into Riddhima that day on the basketball court. Perhaps there was something to be said about fate and destiny, because he refused to believe anything else. Every single decision he'd taken in his life had just been the road to meeting her. He'd take a thousand lifetimes of nights curled up in bed while his parents shouted outside, of being the only kid at boarding school whose parents didn't turn up for the annual function, of being that one playboy who didn't really have any friends in college, if it meant he could meet his Basket and their friends again. Everything was worth it when he had her here, snuggled into his arms, holding onto him as tight as she could. Being a husband was the best thing that had happened to him, and he would give it his all, to make sure that Riddhima didn't regret this decision for even a second for the rest of their lives. 

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanvi_mitt

Oh wow.. bombarded with one update after another

makes me so happy!!

Armaan is going to be the best dad ever! Love their convo

Hahaha glad to be of service! Armaan is <3

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

A stay at home sad? We were not expecting that from him. That is sweet. He will be good at it.

I always expected him to be a stay at home dad lol. Right from the first time I envisioned them having kids it was always him who quit his job to look after them.

DMGThings thumbnail

Originally posted by: Batul22

Ooh you know i was gonna ask you are we gonna have kids convo or no. .

We'll mene socha tha Arman would be the one wanting a kid soon and Ridhima would be the one telling to wait for year or 2...yaha to ulta hogaya

This convo was so so cute yaar❤️

Hahaha Armaan is a practical person imo. He also cares about their careers and given the arc of his character up to now in the fic, it made more sense for him to bring this up! Plus, I don't think that Armaan would ever bring up the topic of starting a family before Riddhima does cause like he said, it's her body, so it should be her decision!

Thanks for reading <3

Sanaksgian thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Ufff...❤❤❤❤💕💕💕💕🥂🌠🎆🤌 just continue it....

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

In just twelve hours, they managed to buy a dress and get married again. Who can top that?

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

The memories they made on this trip will last them for a lifetime. Their friends will not even be able to believe it.

Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Beautiful ❤️. Sad that the trip is ending..but excited to read further. Esp the story of the rest if the gang...

Oh, btw they are going to Mumbai via Delhi...? 

I assume obvio billy n annie ko milne. 

Can't wait for next chap..

Thanks for updates

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Wow, a vow renewal and pulled off such an amaing setting in a short time .. awesome!

This somehow felt like how there actual after wedding things they would have wanted .. haha glad they got it

I am sad the honeymoon is ending though

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter 146

Armaan's slumber was broken by insistent knocking on the door. A mumbled in his sleep, hugging Riddhima tighter, hoping that whoever it was would take the hint and go away if he didn't open the door. But, alas, it was not his day, because the knocking continued for what seemed like forever.

"Armaan," Riddhima muttered. "Dekho na!"

Sighing, Armaan disentangled himself from her arms. He opened the door, extremely annoyed, to see Roshan Kaka standing on the other side. "Kya hua, Kaka?" He asked over a yawn. "Aap itni subah-subah kyun pareshaan kar rahe hain?"

"Sorry, Armaan Baba! Main bilkul aapko pareshaan nahi karta, lekin subah ke 10 baj rahe hain! Billy Bhaisaab ne kehke bheja hai ki aapko aur Riddhima Bitiya ko naashte ke liye lekar turant aau," Roshan explained.

"Hmmm," Armaan hummed. "Aap chaliye. Hum aate hain."

He shut the door and turned, taking a moment to bask in the sight of his wife asleep in his childhood bed. They'd arrived in Delhi pretty late the night before, having flown in from Rome. Riddhima had insisted on spending a few days with his parents before making their way back home. So, here they were. However, it had been almost 3am when they got home, and his parents had already been asleep by then, so he hadn't woken them up, despite their numerous orders to do so. Which explained why they were adamant to have breakfast together. Not that Armaan minded at all, but he had planned to take Riddhima out on a breakfast date, wanting to keep her to himself for a little while longer. But of course, that would be impossible given how eagerly his parents had been awaiting their arrival.

"Basket," he whispered softly, kissing all over her face. "Utho."

Riddhima almost purred in contentment at the contact, snuggling into the sheets. "Come on, Basket," Armaan laughed in her ear. "Wake up!"

Slowly, Riddhima opened those beautiful almond eyes to look at him. "Good morning," she smiled, her arms looping around his neck.

"Good morning, Jaana," Armaan greeted her, resting his head on hers. "It's time for breakfast," he told her, dropping a chaste kiss to her lips.

"Mmmmm," Riddhima moaned. "Abhi?"

"Haan," Armaan replied. "Mom aur Billy humaara wait kar rahe hain."

"Oh!" Riddhima breathed, immediately letting go of her husband and sitting up. "Pehle bolna chahiye tha na tumhe! Chalo, jaldi se brush karlo phir breakfast ke liye chalte hain!"

Armaan rolled his eyes, but complied. Trust Riddhima to forget everything else when it came to either of their parents. Of course, she was the favourite. How could she not be when she loved them so? Shaking his head, Armaan followed Riddhima into the bathroom. After a quick morning routine - brushing their teeth and washing their face - the two of them were joining Armaan's parents for breakfast, still in their pyjamas.

"Mom! Dad!" Riddhima exclaimed happily, skipping down the stairs into the waiting arms of Billy. 

"Riddhi!" Billy cried happily, hugging her tight. "It's so good to see you, beta!"

"Oho, Silly Billy!" Ananya complained. "Ab mujhe bhi toh milne do usse."

Ananya all but pried Riddhima out of Billy's embrace into one of her own. "I missed you so much, Riddhi."

"I missed you, too, Mom," Riddhima promised, returning the hug just as fiercely.

Armaan cleared his throat. "Main bhi hoon yahaan. In case aap dono bhool gaye ho!"

His parents laughed at his remark and Billy reached out his arms to wrap his son in a quick hug. "Nalayak! Kaha tha na tujhse ki ghar pohonchne ke baad humein utha dena!! Uthaya kyun nahi?"

"Dad, bohot late ho gaya tha," Riddhima answered for him. "Hum aapko disturb nahi karna chaahte the!"

"Isme disturb karne wali kaunsi baat hai?" Ananya asked.

"Mom, seriously. 3 baje se bhi thoda late ho gaya tha. Itni raat ko aapki neend nahi kharaab karna chaahte the hum," Riddhima insisted.

"Aur hum bhi toh thak gaye the," Armaan added. "Bas bohot neend aa rahi thi. Aapko bji jaga dete toh saari raat aap teeno ki baatein hi khatam nahi hoti! Lekin mujhe aur Riddhima ko sona tha na!"

Billy huffed but acquiesced. "Theek hai, theek hai. Chalo ab, naashta kar lete hain! Bohot bhook lagi hai."

The four of them took their seats at the table. It pleased Riddhima to see how easy it felt as she slipped into the chair beside Armaan. Of course, she'd been extremely close to her parents-in-law even before she'd married their son, but there had been that niggling fear in the back of her head that maybe things would change after the wedding. That maybe, once it became official, Billy and Ananya's behaviour might change. She was glad that that wasn't the case. They were still her Mom and her Dad, who would crack stupid jokes at each other's expense and waste no opportunity to pull their son's leg. 

Breakfast was a loud affair, with all four of them speaking at once, so much for all of them to share in the short time they'd been apart. "Billy's been really good with his medication," Ananya told her kids. "I think woh tumse thoda zyada hi darrta hai, Riddhima."

Riddhima laughed. "Achcha haina, Mom!" She giggled. "But, you're good, right? Aapka bhi biannual check-up tha na last week? All good?"

"Haan, haan," Ananya assured her daughter. "Everything is great!"

"Oho, tum kya yeh sab boring baatein kar rahi ho?" Billy complained. "Riddhi, tu yeh bata… How was Italy?"

"It was so great!" Riddhima gushed. "Seriously, aap dono ko bhi jaana chahiye. It's so gorgeous. Wahaan pe sab kuch kitna sundar hai!"

"I'm glad," Billy grinned. "Achcha hai iss mushtande ne tera achche se dhyaan rakha!"

"Dadddd!" Riddhima cribbed, but the smile on her face betrayed her real emotions. "Also, thank you so much! Armaan ne bataya mujhe ki apne trip fund ki. That was so sweet, Dad! Thank you!"

Riddhima quickly reached over the dining table to pull Billy in a hug that he wholeheartedly returned. Once they'd separated, however, he dramatically added, "Dekha, Annie? Kaise din aa gaye hain! Ab humaare bachche hum se thank you kehne lage hain!"

"Billy," Armaan warned. "Woh thank you keh rahi hai toh aap achche se you're welcome bolke bas topic close karo na!"

"Oyye, khottey!" Billy exclaimed. "Ab tu mujhe gyaan dega?"

Armaan shrugged. "Kisi ko toh dena padega na!"

"Tu…" Billy started but was cut off by Ananya. "Ab please ladna band karo!" To Riddhima, she said, "Riddhi, tu kabse itna formal ho gayi? Ab, obviously, tum dono ghoomne kahin bhi jaaoge, not just your honeymoon, we'll fund it na? Tunhaare parents hai toh itna bhi nahi karein kya?"

Riddhima blushed, ducking her head in embarrassment. She did not want this to become a thing. She was just expressing her gratitude. But of course, she should've known. They would make it a thing, because that's how they were. Armaan had to get his flair for dramatics from somewhere. "Okay, okay!" She agreed, wanting to pacify the discussion and move on. "You're right!"

She was met with three identical wide smiles and grinned in response, happy to share this little moment with her new family. The rest of the meal passed by in idle chatter. After they were done, Billy asked Riddhima. "Riddhi. Tu aaj office chalegi mere saath?" 

"Dad?" Riddhima questioned.

"Mujhe bas abhi realize hua, ki tune kabhi office dekha hi nahi hai," Billy explained. "Ab tu yahaan hai toh socha tujhe le chalu. Wahaan sab logon ko bhi toh milau apni beti se!"

"Of course," Riddhima agreed immediately. "Thanks, Dad. Main bas 10 minute mein ready hoke aati hoon!"

Armaan elected to not go, simply because he loathed going to the office. Billy's workplace had been the fodder for one too many nightmares in his teens when he had thought he'd have to spend the rest of his life in those walls. Armaan never went there unless absolutely necessary, and in the past few years, such an occasion had occurred only twice. Though he hated letting Riddhima go alone, he also knew she'd appreciate the time with Billy, and he could spend some time with his mom, if she didn't have any other engagements for the day. Plus, he had an inkling about why Billy was really taking Riddhima with him and he could not stress enough about how he didn't want to be a part of that conversation. So, he saw his wife off with a tight hug and kiss, promising to wait for her at home. 

Riddhima was understandably excited for the tour. So much so that even Armaan's absence didn't dampen her spirits. She'd gotten used to Armaan's constant presence by her side in the past two weeks, but as Billy chattered on about how he couldn't wait to show Riddhima around, she became fully engrossed in her conversation with him and didn't really have the time to miss Armaan much. 

Mallik Group of Industries was located in one of the posh Delhi locales that Riddhima couldn't remember the name of. Even from the outside, the building oozed sophistication. Riddhima was awed as she stepped into the lobby with Billy, taking in the pristine white marble, the tasteful decor, the gorgeous art. Billy prattled on about how every single painting that hung on the walls had been personally chosen by Ananya. Riddhima grinned at his child-like excitement as he talked about his wife. It was so nice to see the two of them happy together.

Billy introduced Riddhima to a few of the important executives. Each time he spoke of her, he proudly called her his daughter, and Riddhima smiled wide, unable to help herself. The staff was welcoming and Billy stopped by several times to make small talk with random employees, always ready with a quick quip and silly joke to make them laugh. They finally reached his cabin an hour later.

"Aao," Billy welcomed Riddhima into the office. He directed her to his chair and gestured for her to sit. 

"Dad! Woh aapki chair hai. Main kaise baith sakti hoon?" Riddhima protested, but of course, Billy didn't listen. He caught hold of her shoulders and physically pushed her into the chair, giving Riddhima no other choice. 

He sat on the opposite side, in the visitor's chair, and promptly dialled a number. "Mehta Saab? Mere cabin mein, please. Woh saare documents ke saath!" He instructed.

"Coffee?" He asked Riddhima after he'd hung up. Riddhima immediately declined, stating that she was still full from breakfast. She might've eaten a little more given how hungry she'd been. It didn't help that the large spread that had been arranged for breakfast was mostly all her favourites. 

"Sir?" A man called softly, knocking on the door.

"Come in!" Billy called out. A stout man with grey hair stepped inside, carrying a few files with him.

"Riddhi," Billy started. "Inse milo. Yeh hai Yashwant Mehta. He's the legal head of the company. Mehta Saab, yeh meri beti hai, Riddhima."

"Namaste, Uncle," Riddhima greeted the man brightly.

"Namaste, beta," Yashwant replied, a jovial smile on his face.

"Riddhi, maine Mehta Saab ko isliye bulaya hai, kyunki kuch papers pe tere signatures chahiye the," Billy told her.

"Kaise papers?" Riddhima asked, confused. 

Billy extended his hand in askance and Yashwant passed one of the files to him. "Yeh tere aur Armaan ke ghar ke papers hain," Billy said. "Main deed tere naam kar raha hoon. Itne time se toh mere naam pe thi, lekin maine socha ab tum dono ki shaadi ho gayi hai, toh sab tere naam transfer kar deta hoon."

Riddhima had known this was coming. Billy had wanted to sign this paperwork months ago, but had respected Riddhima's wishes to wait till the wedding. She'd told him he could just transfer the house to Armaan, but Billy had insisted it had to be her. "To give you financial security," he'd said. Billy had wanted her to know that once she was married, he'd always take care of her, but also, he wanted her to have a cushion in case she ever needed the money for whatever reasons. Riddhima had been extremely touched by the gesture and had promised him that she'd sign the documents after the wedding.

So, that's what she did. She'd promised Billy that she wouldn't make a fuss about it, so she didn't. She had planned to just sign the house over to Armaan later, but Armaan had known of Billy's plans and had categorically refused to sign any such papers. So, she would be stuck with the house. 

"Thank you," Billy grinned when Riddhima signed the dotted line with no protest. He had been afraid for a minute that their old argument would start again. He was thankful that Riddhima had decided to accept it.

"And this," Billy pushed another file her way, "is to transfer shares in the company to you."

"Dad, iski kya zaroorat hai?" Riddhima asked. 

"Riddhi, ghar ke sab log company mein shareholders hain. Toh tujhe bhi toh ban'na padega na! Tu humaari family ka part nahi hai kya?" It was a low blow and Billy knew that, but that was the point. Riddhima wouldn't be able to say no now, which is exactly what he wanted.

Sighing, Riddhima looked over the documents. Shocked, she stared at Billy. "Dad, aap mujhe 10% kyun de rahe hain? Company ka part ban'ne toh 1-2% bhi kaafi hain!"

"Riddhi, saari company hi toh teri hai," Billy replied. "Aur 10% zyada bhi nahi hai! Annie ke paas tujhse zyada shares hain."

"Aur Armaan aur aapke paas?" She asked. Of course, she didn't miss that bit.

"Humaare paas kam hai, but that doesn't matter," Billy said. "Tujhe pata haina, Armaan ko yeh sab business ki cheezon mein bilkul interest nahi hai."

"Interest toh mujhe bhi nahi hai," Riddhima pointed out.

"Haan, lekin tu toh meri achchi wali bachchi haina," Billy countered. 

"Dad!" Riddhima whined, a blush dusting across her cheeks at his words.

"Dekh, Riddhi… Yeh 10% kuch nahi hai. Beta, main apni will mein saari company tere naam karne wala hoon," Billy confessed. 

"Dad?!?!" Riddhima screeched, her entire world coming to a halt at the words out of his mouth.

"Dekh, ab tak toh meri will mein company Annie ke naam thi, lekin ab… Mujhe aur Annie dono ko lagta hai ki humein sab tere naam kar dena chahiye," Billy told her. 

"But, Dad… Iss sab ki kya zaroorat hai?" Riddhima asked him.

"Zaroorat hai, Riddhi," Billy answered, his mouth set in a firm line. "Tune… Armaan pe bohot zyada bharosa kiya hai, Riddhi, usse shaadi karke. Aur usse zyada bharosa, Shanky ne mujhpe kiya hai, tujhe meri banakar. Maine tum sabse promise kiya hai ki main hamesha tera khayal rakhunga, aur yeh bhi, ki main hamesha tujhe apni beti se badhkar maanunga. Mujhe apna promise poora karne de, Riddhima."

"Dad, aap promise aise apna sab kuch mujhe deke poora karenge? Aur… Yeh karke kya hi prove ho jaayega?" Riddhima questioned.

"Pehli baat toh, main sab kuch tujhe nahi de raha. Panchgani wala farmhouse toh Armaan ke naam pe liya hai. Aur Delhi wala ghar aur jo humaara aur ek Dalhousie mein farmhouse hai, woh Annie ke naam pe hai. Plus, just because business ke shares tere naam kar raha hoon, iska yeh matlab nahi ki Armaan aur Annie ke liye koi trust nahi hai har mahine paise dene. So, sab kuch tere naam nahi kara raha," Billy told her.

"Semantics!" Riddhima scoffed.

"Aur prove main kuch nahi karna chaahta," Billy continued, ignoring her. "Bas tujhe financial independence dena chaahta hoon taaki kal tujhe koi faisla majboori mein isliye na lena pade kyunki tere paas koi aur choice nahi hai."

"Dad, I'm financially independent already," Riddhima reminded him. "Mere paas job hai and I'm not planning to quit."

"Mujhe pata hai," Billy agreed. "But still. For my peace of mind."

"Aur waise aap yeh sab will wagerah ki kya baatein kar rahe ho? Abhi toh aapki umar hi kya hai? Armaan ke bade bhai lagte ho aap!" Riddhima exclaimed. "Yeh sab sochne ke din nahi hai aapke."

Billy chuckled. "Dekh, Riddhi. Tere kuch bhi kehne se mera decision toh nahi change hoga. Jo main karne wala hoon woh main karne wala hoon. Aur waise… Annie se jaake shikayat mat karna. Iss maamle mein woh bilkul mera hi saath degi. Yeh baat tujhe bhi pata hai."

"Dad…" Riddhima sighed, not knowing what to say. It was such a big thing he was doing. Riddhima did feel uncomfortable about it but she was touched by the gesture. He was doing this for her. She could read between the lines to understand what he wasn't saying. If a day ever came where she felt she couldn't be a part of the family anymore, she would have resources to separate herself. Riddhima would never want that, they both knew. She was a Mallik and would always be. But, the future was always uncertain. Riddhima knew his insistence stemmed from his own past. She knew that Armaan's parents had also been just as madly in love with each other when they'd tied the knot. But, they had separated, despite loving each other so much. Riddhima knew that her and Armaan were not his parents, and she suspected they did too, but she could hardly blame them for thinking the worst given what had happened to them. 

"Riddhima, please. Mana mat kar, beta. Mujhe yeh karne de," Billy requested.

And knowing exactly why he wanted to do it, how could she ever say no?