ILYLTF #5 (Chapter 145 - Page 110) - Page 81

Posted: 7 months ago

Long and hard equates to a last name? Oh no, no one in their right mind is coming up with that answer. The question is geared to the gutter answer.

Someone really thought long and hard about these questions. Most of us will guess the gutter answer first.

Chapter 144

"It will not fit," Riddhima insisted.

"Basket!" Was Armaan's exasperated reply. "Thoda aur try karo na. Just a little push!"

"Armaan, I've been pushing for 15 minutes. Kuch nahi ho raha! It won't fit!" Riddhima exclaimed. "Now stop it before we get hurt!"

Sighing, Armaan flopped onto the floor. Riddhima climbed down from the top of the suitcase she had been sitting on, the one that both her and Armaan had been trying to close for a while. "This is a travesty," Armaan moaned. "Ab hum kya karenge?"

"Maine kaha tha tumse," Riddhima reminded him. "We're shopping a little too much! Tumse na, thoda bhi control nahi hota. There was no need to buy so many things!"

"But ab toh khareed liye na! Ab kya karein?" Armaan asked.

"How do I know?" Riddhima fired back.

"Be a part of the solution, Basket," Armaan encouraged. "Not the problem!"

"You're the problem," Riddhima protested. "This is not my fault."

"Bol toh tum aise rahi ho jaise tumne bilkul shopping nahi ki hai," Armaan accused. "You shopped a lot too."

"Not as much as you," Riddhima pointed out. "Because I have common sense."

"There's no other way. Humein aur suitcases hi khareedne padenge," Armaan decided.

"Well, unless you want to return some stuff," Riddhima suggested.

"New suitcases," Armaan announced.

"New suitcases it is," Riddhima agreed. "Abhi chalein?"

"Well, not a lot of options, sweetheart. We're going to Rome tonight," Armaan reminded her. Since there wasn't a direct flight back to India, they were going to be flying out of Rome. And since it was Rome, and they had seen what Amalfi had to offer, Riddhima had suggested they leave a day early so that they could explore the city. Armaan had been too happy to oblige.

"Let's go, then," Riddhima said. "But shower first."

"Let's use the hot tub," Armaan suggested. "After all, aaj humaara aakhri din hai yahaan."

Riddhima rolled her eyes but agreed. They had used the hot tub before, just once. It would be a shame to not do so again. She was a little in love with it, maybe. It felt so heavenly to sit in it while the low thrum of the water massaged her back. If it wouldn't have been so impractical, she would have suggested they get one for their house back home. They didn't have enough space for it now, nor was it feasible to spend a fortune on such a luxury, so she hadn't. But, she had quietly filed it away into her ever-growing list of things that their dream home should have. At this rate, Riddhima thought, they'd take 50 years to have that. But, it was a dream, so she could add whatever she wanted to it. Maybe she'd not get all of it, but she would get some of it. Of that, she was certain. She wouldn't put it past Armaan to move heaven and earth to fulfill her every little whim, but she knew that some things would always be a fantasy, no matter how hard they tried.

They pruned themselves in the hot tub for a while, making out almost furiously, desperate lips and wandering hands. "Maybe we should just live here," Armaan panted breathlessly. "We can just live in this hot tub for the rest of our lives."

Riddhima laughed. "Armaan, we have a life."

"I want this to be my life," Armaan whined. "Just us together, doing whatever we want."

"That's what we'll do at home too," Riddhima assured. "But we'll have our family there."

"Kabab mein haddi," Armaan muttered. "Wohi toh nahi chaahta main!"

"Armaaaaan!" Riddhima scolded.

"Jaana, humaare saare dost hamesha galat time pe aate hain," Armaan reminded her.

"Yes, but… They're our friends! Don't tell me… Iss time mein tumne unhe thoda sa bhi miss nahi kiya," Riddhima said.

"Bilkul nahi!" Was Armaan's immediate response.

Riddhima gave a him a look, and he withered under her gaze. Sighing, he said, "Fine. I miss them. A little. Bohot thodu sa. But itna bhi nahi ki main waapas chala jaaun. Maybe… Enough that I'd Skype them instead of a phone call. Bas. Usse zyada nahi."

Riddhima laughed. "Sure, baby!"

"It's the truth," Armaan insisted. Even though it was not. Since they'd arrived in Italy, barring the one day they'd forgotten to call, Armaan & Riddhima had made it a point to have constant check-ins back home. They spoke to Padma Mumma every single day. On every other day, they called someone from the gang to catch-up and let them know they were okay. They'd Skyped with Nikki a few times, to see the twins.

Armaan was always anxious that he'd miss out something the twins did because they were away, even though Riddhima assured him they were much too young to do something big like start walking in the twenty odd days they would spend in not the immediate vicinity of the kids. Yet, he was adamant that at least they should not forget their faces in this time apart, so Skype was a regular occurrence on their honeymoon. It was great too, because the twins clearly did recognize them still and would make grabby motions towards the screen to get to them. A couple of times though, they'd had to end their calls quickly because either Abhin or Nibha would start crying when they wouldn't be able to touch Riddhima & Armaan. One of them crying would set off the other and both Abhi & Nikki would be needed to calm them down. While it endeared Riddhima that the twins loved them so much, it also made her sad to see them cry. So, she suggested they switch to regular phone calls after the second time it happened. Now, Armaan would call Nikki everyday and demand to talk only to the kids. He would talk to them in absolute gibberish and grin in delight as Nikki would describe their reactions. On one instance, he sang them a lullaby to put them to bed, which reduced both Riddhima and Nikki to tears. Armaan would be such a good dad. Riddhima could already picture how much he'd dote on their kids and how he'd love them with every single part of him.

"Hey? Kya hua?" Armaan asked Riddhima, bringing her out of her daydream of Armaan hugging their daughter close to his chest while their son climbed onto his back.

"I just really love you," she murmured in reply, reaching up to kiss him. Armaan immediately melted into the kiss, pulling her closer. "I love you," he told her when they broke apart.

They got out of the hot tub after that, getting ready to go shopping to buy a suitcase to keep all their shopping in. Their friends would be so happy they wouldn't even tease the two of them much about the fact that they were on their honeymoon. Or so Riddhima hoped. You really could never tell with their little group.

After buying two huge suitcases to fill their very large purchases in, Armaan suggested they get something to eat. They found a cute little cafe in the interiors of the town and sat there. Riddhima ordered for them because Armaan was clearly distracted, deep in thought about something. "Baby? All okay? Kya soch rahe ho?" Riddhima asked him.

"I've been thinking," Armaan murmured. "Since we went to the vineyard. Are you happy?"

"Armaan, yeh kaisa sawaal hai? Of course, I'm happy! I think this is the happiest I've ever been. Humaari shaadi ho gayi hai! What's there to be sad about?" Riddhima replied.

"Not with us," Armaan explained. "I know ki hum dono ek saath khush hain. Of course, we are! We've waited for this day for too long. I meant… Otherwise. Apne career se tum khush ho?"

"Oh," Riddhima breathed. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had brought that on. Clearly, her words to Sarah, their tour guide, had got him thinking.

"Yes, I'm happy," Riddhima told him resolutely. And she was. "Armaan, I've wanted to be a doctor since I was a child. Yeh sab sirf Papa aur Maa ke liye nahi hai, I promise. I know ki agar maine doctor ban'ne ke badle, koi aur profession bhi choose kiya hota, everyone would have supported me, especially Papa. He never put that pressure on either Di or me. In fact, Papa actively tried to think it through if we wanted to get into medicine. Yeh profession sabke liye nahi haina. We see so much death everyday, we are constantly put in high pressure situations, and our personal lives are laughable at times.

Frankly, I think Papa would've been happier if we didn't become doctors. Jab hum chote the, Papa ne mere aur Di ke kaafi important milestones miss kiye hain. Annual day functions, sports day, exams, even a birthday or two. Di hamesha gussa karti thi. She would throw such a big tantrum every time. But I understood. Papa was saving lives every minute he wasn't with us.

Honestly, I was always so awed by that. Matlab, kitni badi baat hai… Kisi ki jaan bachaana. I was so impressed with it. I used to think Papa was a superhero. I think I was 6 years old, when I told Papa for the first time ki main bade hoke doctor banungi. Tab toh Papa ne haske baat taal di thi, but I was serious even then. Bachpan se, I always knew I wanted to be one. Shayad isliye, I was always the studious kid in class with no friends. Mujhe pata tha ki doctor ban'na koi asaan kaam nahi hai, isliye bachpan se hi maine hamesha padhaayi pe baaki cheezon se zyada focus kiya.

Pehle na… Papa ko lagta tha that it was just a passing fancy, ki main unhe dekhke doctor ban'na chaahti hoon and I don't really have any other motive. And sure, it started that way, but as I grew up, I wanted it for myself. School mein mujhe hamesha se science mein interest raha tha and I loved those days jab hum biology practicals mein frog dissection karte the.

Aur… I mean, yes. I wanted to make Papa proud. That was always a factor. It was also a logical thing to do to follow in his footsteps. Aur college mein mere saare classmates hamesha assume karte the ki kyunki mere Papa the Dr. Shashank Gupta hain, sirf isliye hi main doctor ban rahi thi. And, I think in a way, all of that is true.

But, iska yeh matlab nahi hai ki maine kisi pressure mein yeh career choose kiya hai. Maine yeh sab choose kiya kyunki main yeh karna chaahti thi. Mujhe hamesha se doctor ban'na tha. Jab mujhe samajh aaya ki Maa was an OBGYN, I wanted to become one too. Not just to carry her legacy forward, though that was also a part of it. Main gynaecology mein isliye specialize karna chaahti hoon cause I want to. Me. Of my own volition. Because I always admired Maa and always wanted to be like her. And also, because I love babies. There are a lot of factors in the decision, honestly.

Lekin, Armaan. I promise you, maine koi bhi decision sirf isliye nahi liya because that was what was expected of me, or because Papa pressured me into it. Maine har decision apni choice se liya hai. I mean, come on! Who decides to have 20 hour work days with basically no breaks unless you're actually passionate about it yourself?"

"Good," Armaan mumbled. "That's good. I just wanted to make sure. You understand, right? I don't want you to do anything you don't want to. I'm glad that you love your job, but if you ever feel like you don't, please quit. I'm here to support you in every way. If you want to be a doctor, great. If you want to be a poetess, awesome. If you want to stay at home and not have a job, absolutely golden. I don't care. I just want you to be happy."

"Thanks, baby," Riddhima smiled, reaching up to kiss his cheek. "Same goes for you."

"I think I might take you up on that," Armaan replied, surprising her. "The stay at home with no job bit."

"Armaan? What?" Riddhima asked. "You love your job."

"I do," Armaan agreed. "But… Well, I know humne decide kiya tha that the honeymoon is only to have fun, but… I guess this is a good time to have this conversation."

"What conversation?" Riddhima questioned.

"The kids conversation," Armaan answered.

"Iske baare mein kya baat karni hai?" Riddhima wondered. "I mean… Tumhe bachche chahiye na?"

"Of course!" Armaan agreed hurriedly, lest she get the wrong idea. "Of course, I want kids, Basket!"

Riddhima sighed in relief. "So then?" She asked him. "That's it, right? I know you want 4 kids. Tumne engagement se pehle kaha tha last year."

Armaan snorted. "That was a joke. It's not my decision alone, Basket. And… It's your body. You get to decide. I would love an army of kids. And I'll be just as happy with only one. Lekin humaare sirf utne bachche honge jitne tumhe chahiye, because you're the one who will have to carry them. And I don't need to be a gynaecologist to know how traumatizing that experience can be."

Riddhima just laughed, tears glistening in her eyes. Her husband was possibly the best human being on the planet. "But," he added. "I think, humein apni family start karne se pehle kuch saal wait karna chahiye."

"Kyun?" Riddhima questioned, confused. Why should they wait? They both had been in love for years, had finally gotten married, and they both just admitted to wanting kids. So, why wait?

"Well, firstly. Mujhe thoda time sirf tumhaare saath spend karna hai, Basket. Just you and me. Jab hum hospital se finally ghar aaye, I want all your attention to be on me. I don't want to share," Armaan started. Riddhima laughed. He'd always been a little too possessive. Not that she was complaining, because Riddhima loved that about her husband.

"Okay," she agreed. "And?"

"And… I think abhi hum dono apne career ke kaafi crucial stage pe hain. Starting a family now would mean putting that on hold. I don't want that. Agle 2-3 saalon mein, we'll be settled in our jobs, and after that, if we take a break, starting again will be easier. Lekin, abhi I don't think it's advisable," Armaan explained.

"Nikki just had two kids," Riddhima pointed out.

"Nikki ki baat alag hai, Basket," Armaan replied, rolling his eyes. "For one, she has Abhi. Abhi ka career ekdum set hai, unlike us. He was already in a higher position jab Nikki ne usse shaadi ki. Humaari situation waisi nahi hai.

Secondly, Nikki's focus is very different. She's decided to become an administrator, aur main yeh bilkul nahi keh raha ki uska kaam kam difficult hai, but I think she doesn't have to try as hard. I mean, you have to agree ki tumhe aur mujhe iss waqt kaam pe zyada focus karna hai kyunki humein kitni nayi cheezein seekhni hai apne specializations ke baare mein. Nikki also has a lot to learn, but she has the advantage of being able to do it even if she's not physically in the hospital. Abhi aur Dr. Keerti dono uski iss cheez mein help karenge. But humein har din hospital jaana hoga. We'll have long hours, so much study. Aise environment mein baby? Not conducive!"

"Hmmm," Riddhima mumbled, thinking about it. Armaan was right. They had just chosen specialization and were only starting to learn. Going on a maternity leave in the near future would hamper her entire career trajectory.

"Which also brings me to the original topic of discussion… I want to be a stay at home dad," Armaan finally said, surprising the living daylights out of Riddhima.

"Armaan?" She questioned, absolutely flabbergasted. Armaan absolutely adored his job. She didn't think he'd stop even if he was on his deathbed. Even now, when he would be sick, he'd still insist on working in some capacity. He loved it so much.

"Don't give me that look," Armaan scoffed. "Is that so unbelievable?"

"I mean…" Riddhima sighed, not knowing what to say.

"Basket, jab main khud chota tha… Billy & Mom were never around. Woh dono apni life mein itne busy the unke paas mere liye kabhi time nahi tha. I don't want that to be my kids. I want to be involved," Armaan told her.

"You can do that without staying home all the time," Riddhima pointed out.

"I can," he agreed. "But I don't want to. I don't want to miss out on anything. And, I don't want the kids to be raised by nannies, especially not when they're toddlers. Main yeh nahi keh raha hoon ki main hamesha ke liye ghar pe hi rahunga, but at least till all the kids are in their first grade, I will stay at home with them."

"Armaan, are you sure?" Riddhima asked.

"A thousand percent," Armaan confirmed. "Look, mujhe pata hai how much you love your job too. Aur mujhe pata hai it won't be easy for you. You'll have to take a few months off, maybe even a year, when we have kids, to recover and rest. Lekin, uske baad, I can stay home while you work, if that is also what you want. Because honestly, mujhe pata hai ki hum dono mein se, I'm the one who will find it easier to do that. Tumse hospital nahi chootega."

"Shut up!" Riddhima cried. "Lies. Slander." She said, though they both knew it was the absolute truth. She was more career oriented out of the two of them. They were both emotional fools, of that there was no doubt, but they had empirical data to prove that it would be extremely easy for Armaan to quit working at the hospital given that he had already done it thrice, every time due to the problems between the two of them. And had planned to do it once before, when Mini had been sick, but had managed to somehow not.

"But," she added. "Since we are on the topic. I wanted to discuss something as well."

"Bolo na," Armaan encouraged, taking her hand in his and squeezing it. Riddhima smiled. Taking a deep breath, she said, "I want to adopt."

Before Armaan could say anything, she quickly hastened to speak. "Maine iske baare mein bohot socha hai, Armaan. Jabse mujhe pata chala hai that Papa and Maa adopted me, I have been thinking about this. If they hadn't done that, kya pata meri life kaisi hoti. Kya pata, mujhe itni achchi life milti bhi ya nahi. They gave me a home when I had none. Aur main bhi kisi ke liye yeh karna chaahti hoon. I want to give a child a home and a beautiful life full of love and happiness."

Not saying a word, Armaan surged forward, kissing the breath out of her. "How are you so good?" He asked Riddhima, resting his forehead on hers. "Okay. We'll adopt. Agar tumhe yeh chahiye, I want it too. And you're right. Agar Papa ne yeh decision nahi liya hota, toh sirf tumhaari nahi, meri bhi life bohot different hoti."

"Thank you, baby," Riddhima whispered against his cheek, nuzzling.

"Thank you," Armaan countered. "For always being so thoughtful and kind."

Right there, in that Italian cafe, on his honeymoon, Armaan fell in love with his wife for the umpteenth time. 

Originally posted by coderlady

Ice cream for breakfast? Why not? Its vacation time after all.

Right?? EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!!

Long and hard equates to a last name? Oh no, no one in their right mind is coming up with that answer. The question is geared to the gutter answer.

That is the entire challenge lol!! 

Someone really thought long and hard about these questions. Most of us will guess the gutter answer first.

Yes! There's a whole list on the internet, actually. I found one with 73 questions which is what we played at the bachelorette. These were my favourite ones out of them!

Oh wow.. bombarded with one update after another

makes me so happy!!

Armaan is going to be the best dad ever! Love their convo

A stay at home dad? We were not expecting that from him. That is sweet. He will be good at it.

Edited by coderlady - 7 months ago

Ooh you know i was gonna ask you are we gonna have kids convo or no. .

We'll mene socha tha Arman would be the one wanting a kid soon and Ridhima would be the one telling to wait for year or 2...yaha to ulta hogaya

This convo was so so cute yaar❤️