Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Six

“Basket, tum theek ho na?” Armaan asked his wife, marvelling once more at the fact that he could call her his wife now. 

“Of course, baby!” Riddhima exclaimed instantly. “Mujhe kya hoga?”

Riddhima seemed perfectly content now, to laze in his arms, a sheer contrast to how she had been just minutes ago. Armaan didn’t think he’d seen Riddhima cry so much ever before and that was saying something. Armaan knew that it couldn’t be pleasant to leave behind her whole life the way she had, but he had not thought it would be so bad. But, maybe that was the entire issue. He had not thought. He couldn’t. He couldn’t imagine what it would be like to be in Riddhima’s position - to turn her back, even if metaphorically, on everything she knew, for the sake of a man. He didn’t think he would be able to do it. For Riddhima to have placed so much faith in him, to have trusted him so much meant the world to him. He would be the best husband in the world, and not because of any promise he had made to so many people in the last few days, or for any other reason, but to be worthy of this trust that his wife had bestowed upon him.

“I’m okay, Armaan. Pakka,” Riddhima murmured, bringing him out of his thoughts. “Woh bas… sabse alag rehna hoga na ab, toh thodi emotional ho gayi thi. But I’m really excited about the life we’re about to start together, baby. I promise.”

“Hmmmm,” Armaan hummed. “You’ll tell me, right? Agar tumhe koi baat pareshaan karregi?”

“Tumse nahi kahoongi toh kisse kahoongi?” Was her prompt reply, making him smile.

“Waise… wifey,” Armaan murmured softly, pulling her close. “Congratulations.”

“Congratulations, husband!” Riddhima replied, reaching up to kiss his cheek. “Only took us three and a half years.”

“Exactly. Only! Jaisi tumhaari harkatein thi na… mujhe laga tha kamse kam 30 saal lagenge!” Armaan exclaimed, clearly joking.

“Meri? Meri harkatein? Maine kya kiya?” Riddhima asked, wanting to know.

“Kya kya harkatein nahi thi yeh poocho tum!” Armaan told her. “Kitna bhagaya mujhe apne peeche. Haan bolne mein hi mahine laga diye. Aur phir har baat pe mujhse naraaz ho jaati thi!”

“Toh tum kaam hi aise karte the na!” Riddhima defended herself. Sobering at the direction the discussion had taken, she felt it important to add. “Armaan… mujhe pata hai ki jo bhi hua… humaare beech jab ladaayi hui, agar tumne mujhse jhooth bola ya koi baat chupaayi, woh sirf isliye kyuki tumhe laga ki tum mujhe protect kar rahe ho, ya shayad isliye ki tum mujhe stress nahi dena chaahte the. Kayi baar shayad isliye bhi kyuki tumhe laga ki main shayad tumhaara nazariya nahi samjhungi. Ho sakta hai woh sahi bhi tha. Lekin… Armaan, hum partners hain. Har cheez mein. Tumne agar kabhi mujhe mauka hi nahi diya, toh main kaise jaanungi ki uss situation mein main kaise react karungi?

Ab… Pari wali baat ko hi lelo. Tumne itne time tak itni badi baat mujhse chupaayi, usse chupaane aur jhooth bole. I guess, I can understand where you’re coming from… but it really hurt me, Armaan. Tumne kaise soch liya ki mujhe tumpe itna bhi bharosa nahi hoga? Kyu tumne uss raat hi mujhe phone nahi kiya help maangne? Agar tum mujhse baat karte… main aur Di shayad Pari ko apne saath le jaate, ya wahaan tumhaare ghar aake tumhaari help karte.

Armaan… jab bhi mujhe koi pareshaani hoti hai, main kisi problem mein phansti hoon… toh mujhe sabse pehli tumhaari yaad aati hai. Main hamesha sab tumse share karti hoon kyuki mujhe pata hai ki tum meri help karoge… agar help nahi kar paaye, toh at least mujhe support karoge, mera hausla badhaoge. Lekin, kabhi kabhi mujhe lagta hai ki jaise main tumpe trust karti hoon, tum nahi karte. Isliye tum apni problems hamesha Rahul ya Atul ke saath share karte ho, mere saath nahi. 

Shayad, maine hi kabhi tumhe apne upar woh confidence nahi diya ki tum aake mujhse baat kar sako. Shayad, tum kabhi mere paas isliye nahi aaye kyuki tumhe laga ki tumhe sab kuch akele hi handle karna hai. Mujhe nahi pata ki wajah kya thi… but main tumse kehna chaahti hoon ki please, tum aisa mat socho. Jis tarah tum mujhe support karte ho, main bhi tumhe kar sakti hoon. Mujhe pata hai ki pichle kuch mahino mein hum dono ne apni galtiyaan sudhaari hain, and things have been so good between us. Hum ek doosre se ab itni baatein nahi chupaate toh humaare beech jhagde hona jaise band hi ho gaye hain. And, I really like that, Armaan. I like that we are in a place where we trust each other so much. I hope ki aage chalke bhi tum yeh baat yaad rakho. Just because tum mere husband ho iska yeh matlab nahi ki tumhe mujhe har cheez se protect karna hai. Okay?”

Armaan shuddered at her words, getting extremely emotional. He hugged her to his chest, resting his head on hers. She was absolutely right. He had been the one who had failed to establish communication between the two of them. He had always assumed Riddhima’s reaction to be the worst and had stopped himself from confiding in her when he had wanted nothing more than to have her wrap her arms around him and assure him that things would be okay. He shouldn’t have done that. He should have trusted her more, just as she had trusted him. 

Maybe, her reaction after he had pretended to be Muskaan’s fiance had cemented his beliefs. But then again, he wasn’t sure how she would have reacted if he had told her before he had done what he had. It was true that a lot of times he was only trying to spare her the hurt from what was happening and was only trying to protect her, but it backfired every time, hurting her more than he had ever intended. 

“You’re right, Basket,” he murmured. “Maine hi mauka nahi diya. Mujhe bohot darr lagta tha ki kahin… kabhi meri kisi baat se tum itni gussa naa ho jao ki mujhe chodke chali jao. Lekin, I promise… wapas aisi galti nahi hogi. Jis tarah tum mujhe sab bata deti ho, main bhi tumse kuch nahi chupaunga. You deserve nothing but the truth.”

“Thank you, baby,” Riddhima smiled, pressing her lips to his chest, right above his heart. Both of them were happy to spend the rest of their journey in silence, mulling over the conversation they’d just had, and enjoying the closeness they could share now. It didn’t take long for them to reach home, where everyone was eagerly waiting to welcome Riddhima home. The entire gang had landed at Armaan’s house after the bidaai, having requested the driver to take the longer route home for the couple so that they could reach before them and help Ananya and Billy with anything they might need.

When Armaan & Riddhima stepped in front of the door, they were greeted by an enthusiastic Billy and Ananya at the forefront of their little welcoming party with all their friends behind the couple. Ananya did the aarti and the newlyweds bent down to seek her blessings. She blessed them, allowing Riddhima to touch her feet, just this once, knowing that it was important for her daughter to have all the blessings she deserved as she began this new chapter of her life. She hugged Riddhima tight and kissed her forehead before saying, “Welcome home, beta!”

“Chalo, ab apne left pair (leg) se yeh kalash girao aur ghar ke andar aao,” she instructed, pointing to the kalash that was set on the entryway. Riddhima did so, stepping inside the thaal with the red alta and walking on the white sheet laid out for her. At the end of the sheet, Billy was waiting with open arms and an eager smile. Riddhima stepped into his embrace, feeling completely settled for the first time after saying goodbye to her father. Billy was the father of her heart, and just being around him made the ache in her heart lessen, making her miss Shashank just a little less. 

“Welcome home, mere bachche! Iss ghar ne aur hum sabne… iss din ka bohot intezaar kiya hai. Humaari family poori karne ke liye, thank you so much!” He told her, kissing her forehead.

“I love you, Dad,” she murmured, hugging him once more.

“I love you, too, Riddhu! Aaj mujhe meri beti poori tarah mil gayi… isse achcha din kya hoga?” He asked rhetorically, making her smile wide.

"Okay, okay, guys! Itna senti drama kaafi hai aaj ke liye! Let's have some fun!" Muskaan broke their moment. 

"What fun?" Armaan asked, a little irritated. Honestly, he was a little too tired of having to share Riddhima with so many people. Now, all he wanted was to go to their room and be alone with her. 

"Chal toh humaare saath," Rahul replied in Muskaan's stead. "Sab abhi hi bata dein kya?"

Anjali and Saumya helped Riddhima to the living room where they'd set everything up. Riddhima saw Nikki seated on a sofa and immediately took a seat beside her. "Nikki, tu theek haina?" Riddhima asked, worried. 

"Mmmmm," Nikki moaned, not saying anything. 

"Nikki, are you sure? Hum hospital chalein? Please, don't lie and tell me if it's hurting too much," Riddhima pleaded. 

"Not a lot, Ridzy," Nikki managed to reassure her. "Itni uncomfortable toh main aajkal har waqt rehti hoon." Which, while true, wasn't the complete truth. Yes, it had gotten bad in the past few days, and it seemed like even sitting was a huge task in itself, but today was different. Nikki's back felt like it was on fire, and she even breathing seemed to hurt. But, this was Armaan & Riddhima's big day and she couldn't let her be the one to cause any problems. It had taken them so long to get here and the entire shindig had passed without much issue, unlike anything to do with the couple in the past. Now that they were almost there, she wouldn't let anyone, least of all herself, cause trouble. 

Riddhima hummed noncommittally as if she didn't believe Nikki, but thankfully did not press the issue. Meera called attention to everyone then, diverting Riddhima, much to her relief. She knew that if Riddhima tried just even a little, Nikki wouldn't be able to hide. She'd gotten lucky so far because Riddhima was distracted… Or well, distracted was the wrong word. She was busy with her wedding, as any bride should be, and hadn't paid much attention to anything else around her apart from Armaan. Frankly, it was a little too cute, watching the two of them together. Nikki didn't think she'd ever seen the two of them so enamored with each other, which was saying something because being enamored with Riddhima seemed to be Armaan's default setting. 

"Okay, so… Humne iss bowl mein ek ring chupaayi hai… Aur jo yeh ring pehle dhoondega, woh hoga humaara winner! Waise… Kehte hain ki jo yeh game jeet jaata hai, ghar mein uski hi chalti hai, toh aap dono apni poori mehnat laga dena!" Meera explained, gesturing to the bowl of milk and rose petals in front of her. "And yes, remember… Humne sirf ring hi nahi, kuch aur cheezein bhi chupaayi hain, but unko dhoondne se kuch nahi hoga. The key to winning is finding the ring!"

Everyone cheered and hollered, anticipation buzzing in the air as both Armaan & Riddhima's hand immediately dove into the bowl in search of the ring. Though, it quickly became clear to Riddhima that Armaan's motive had been to find her hand and not the ring, which he did almost immediately. He caught hold of her palm in his and intertwined their fingers together. Riddhima grinned at him, not making any move to separate their hands, which was a definite surprise for Armaan, but a good one nonetheless. She didn't stop her search though. She pulled their intertwined fingers together, moving across the bowl in search of the ring. She found a coin first, and a small conch, before her fingers made the deduction that the object in her palm was actually a ring. Triumphantly, she jerked her hand out of Armaan's abruptly, not giving him a chance to understand what had happened, before presenting the ring to the crowd. 

"Yay!" Meera cheered. "Riddhima Bhabhi jeet gayi!"

Armaan looked absolutely scandalized at what had happened but Riddhima just answered with a smug grin of her own, showing him a thumbs down, just to aggravate him more. "Well, obviously," Billy said. "Inn dono mein Riddhi hi toh smart hai. Waise… Kabhi kabhi mujhe doubt hota hai kyuki usne iss bandar se shaadi karne haan keh diya, but other than that, she's the best!"

"Billyyyyy!" Armaan cried. "Kabhi meri side le liya karo aap!"

Billy's only reply was to wave him off without a second thought, making everyone laugh. "I agree, Billy Uncle," Abhi chimed in. "Waise Riddhima kaafi smart hai lekin iss maamle mein…"

"Oyyyeee, Dr. Modi? Tum kehna kya chaahte ho? Mera bhai best hai!" Atul jumped to Armaan's defense. "Kyu, haina Rahul?"

Rahul who had been sitting back and enjoying the show till then, sprang at the sudden call. He looked between the couple, not knowing what to say. Armaan was his best friend and he loved him, but that meant that he was also very aware of how much an idiot said man was. In the end, he just ended up shrugging, not saying anything. 

"Dadduuuuu! What do you mean?" Armaan cried out, repeating his actions. "Kya? Kehna kya chaahta hai tu? Ki main stupid hoon?"

"Jab tujhe pata hai toh mujhse kyu pooch raha hai?" Rahul fired back. 

"Daddu, tu bakwaas mat kar? Maine aisa kya kiya hai?" Armaan asked, absolutely outraged. 

"Mujhse toh tu yeh mat hi pooch. Itni lambi list hai mere paas! Kyu Nikki?" Rahul turned to his partner in crime for some support, was shocked to see Nikki clutching her stomach and gasping for breath. 

"NIKKI!" He shouted, attracting everyone's attention to her. He ran to her and sat by her side, supporting most of her weight. "Nik… Kya hua? Are you okay?"

"My… My… My water burst!" Nikki managed to say in between breaths. 

"Oh my god! Abhi toh poora ek mahina bacha hai!" Abhi panicked. "We're not ready. We're not ready! Nikki ka bag bhi ghar pe hai aur… Aur abhi raat ko itna late ho chuka hai! Nursery bhi ready nahi hai abhi toh!"

"Abhi!" Riddhima commanded. "Stop panicking. Everyone please stop panicking. Right now! Aap log aise behave karenge toh hum Nikki ki bilkul help nahi kar payenge."

Turning to the gang, she issues instructions for everyone. "Armaan, tum abhi ke abhi gaadi nikaalo. Hum Nikki ko hospital leke jaa rahe hain. Di, please time her contractions. Muskaan, tu aur Rahul Nikki ke ghar jaake Vani Aunty se uska bag le aao. Atul, tum Vani Aunty ko phone karo taaki woh bags leke ready rahe hain aur hospital aa sake. Everyone, quick!"

Everyone scrambled to follow Riddhima's instructions. Armaan drove Nikki, Abhi, and Riddhima to the hospital while Rahul & Muskaan went to get Nikki's bags, and bring Vani Aunty to the hospital. Atul & Anjali stayed back with the Malliks to help with everything else. 

Riddhima spent the entire ride alternatively calming down Nikki & Abhi who were absolutely not prepared for this kind of a situation. They'd thought they had a whole month before the baby and had thrown themselves into Armaan & Riddhima's wedding, thinking they'd focus on the child after. "Okay, guys. Relax. Hum sab hain. Everything will be fine. The baby will be born without any complications, Nikki. Tu chinta mat kar. Humne last check up pe sab dekha tha na. Everything is fine. Kabhi kabhi aise premature delivery ho jaati hai but that doesn't mean something is wrong. It'll be fine. Deep breaths, okay?"

Once they were at the hospital, a stretcher was already waiting for them, Anjali already having called ahead and having apprised them of the situation. If people found it odd to see a bride running down the hallway of the hospital barking instructions at everyone in the vicinity, no one commented on it. After Nikki was situated in her private room and Riddhima had made sure she had some time before she had to push, she went to get scrubbed up, Armaan following her silently. 

"Nikki theek hogi na, Basket?" Armaan asked her quietly. He was shaken up by the whole thing, Riddhima could tell. He had also been banking on the fact that there would be a month to Nikki's delivery after the wedding. 

"Don't worry, Armaan," Riddhima assured him. "I wasn't lying. Nikki ke latest reports sab achchi hain. Woh aur baby dono healthy hain. It'll be fine."

"Sure?" He probed. 

Riddhima smiled and took his hand, squeezing it. "Sure," she replied. "Tum itni tension mat lo."

After a moment, she added, "I'm sorry. Maine tumse bina pooche hi… Poora charge le liya. I'm sure neither of us wanted to spend tonight like this."

"Basket!" Armaan rebuked. "Kya bakwaas kar rahi ho? Of course, we have to be there for Nikki… Aur agar humein yahaan hona hi hai toh isn't it better ki tum hi delivery karo? All of us, but most importantly Nikki, trusts you the most. Waise bhi… Aisa koi decision lene se pehle tumhe mujhe poochne ki zaroorat thodi hai."

"Mujhe pata hai," Riddhima clarified. "I know ki tum bhi yehi chaahte ho, but ek baar humein discuss kar lena chahiye tha na. Tum mana karte toh bhi main maanti nahi waise, but aisa karne se pehle at least ek baar tumhe bata toh dena chahiye tha na!"

"Jab tumhe pata hi hai ki mujhe koi problem nahi hogi toh yeh discussion kyu ho rahi hai?" Armaan asked, confused. 

"Ab hum partners hain," Riddhima answered. "And I feel bad ki shaadi ke baad pehla decision hi maine tumse bina discuss kiye le liya."

Armaan sighed, stepping forward and pulling her into his arms. "Aisa kuch nahi hai. Tum aur main toh ab ek hi haina. Jo tumhaara decision, wohi mera decision. Aur especially aise case mein. Don't feel bad, Basket. I love you."

"I love you," she muttered, hugging him tighter. Armaan smiled and dropped a kiss to her head. "Chalo ab," she said, "Nikki ke paas hona chahiye humein. Tum bhi na, Basket! Bina time dekhe kahin bhi shuru ho jaati ho! Yeh hospital hai."

Riddhima looked up at him, absolutely enraged. She whacked his arm. "Shut up, Armaan!"

"Owwww!" He exclaimed, rubbing the spot she'd hit. "Bohot tez maarti ho tum!"

"Good," she declared. Turning, she stepped out of the changing room, pulling him with her. By the time they got back to Nikki's room, Vani Aunty and Bi had arrived too, along with Rahul & Muskaan, as well as Atul & Anjali, who had brought Armaan's parents along with them. 

Riddhima rushed inside the room after assuring everyone that they had nothing to worry about. After six hours of labour, Nikki gave birth to a baby girl and a baby boy, the twins being a huge surprise. None of her scans had shown any indication that there were two babies, but Riddhima assured Abhi that it happened sometimes, when the babies were placed such that they were directly one behind the other. Because the sonography was only a 2D report, they'd ended up missing the other baby, because the babies' heartbeats seemed to be in complete sync. 

When Riddhima placed the babies in Nikki's waiting arms, the peace that Nikki felt was unparalleled. It felt that her heart expanded tenfold in a matter of seconds to fill in all the love she felt for her two little ones. She hugged them to her chest and let out a disbelieving laugh, before she started crying, the sudden rush of emotions overwhelming her. "I love you," she softly murmured to the kids through her tears. This was the best day of her life. 

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Seven

"They're so beautiful," Armaan murmured, holding the girl in his arms while Riddhima held the boy. 

"They are," Riddhima agreed. "So cute. You did so great, Nikki. I'm so proud." She siddled up to Nikki and dropped a kiss to the top of her head. 

Nikki had just woken up and Riddhima had brought the kids to her and Abhi. Upon Abhi's insistence, no one else had been able to see the babies before Nikki, so they'd all gone out to buy some presents, while Armaan had stayed back with Riddhima. 

"I love you," Abhi murmured quietly, making Nikki blush. "Thank you for giving birth to such perfect little angels. I'm so grateful."

"I can't believe ki iss Abhi ke bachche itne cute hain," Armaan commented, breaking the couple's moment. 

"Armaan!" Riddhima rebuked, unable to hit him because they were both busy holding babies. "Kya kuch bhi kehte rehte ho!"

"Sahi toh keh raha hai yeh, Ridzy," Nikki defended her best friend. "Pehli baar isne life mein pate ki baat ki hai. Inn dono mein saare mere genes hain… That's why they're so cute!"

The four of them shared a laugh at Nikki's words and then their friends descended. Rahul & Atul came in, singing a song, carrying balloons and a cake. Muskaan & Anjali were right behind them, holding a cake and cute soft toys. 

"Congratulations, Nik!!" They cheered, giving her hugs. 

"Thank you so much, guys!" Nikki exclaimed. "You're all so cute. Bachchon ke liye yeh sab laane, thank you!"

"Chal, chal! Bachche kya aa gaye tujh mein itne manners aa gaye?" Muskaan scoffed. "Sirf tere bachche nahi hain woh dono… Humaare bhi kuch lagte hain!"

"Haan, Nikki! Ab main bachchon ka mama hoon aur agar maine unhe presents nahi diye toh main unka favourite kaise banunga?" Atul asked. 

"Excuse me!" Armaan exclaimed. "I'm gonna be the favourite."

"Please," Rahul rolled his eyes. "Tum dono namoonon mein se koi unka favourite nahi hoga. Woh toh bas main hi hounga!"

"Main!" Atul cried. 

"Main!" Armaan countered. 

"Maina kaha naa… Main!" Rahul asserted. 

"Guys, stop it!" Riddhima scolded them. "Aise ladna band karo. Don't you even dare fight like this in front of the kids again. Unke saath aise oonchi awaaz mein bilkul baat nahi karna!"

"Sorry," the trio murmured softly, looking suitably chastised. 

"Nik… Tune naam decide kiye?" Anjali wondered after there was a lull in conversation. 

"Yes!" Nikki announced proudly. "Humne naam decide kar liye hain."

"Toh batane ka kya legi?" Armaan asked

Looking at Abhi, she questioned. "Bata de kya?"

"Isme poochna kya hai?" Atul whined. "Ab fatafat bata do!"

"Bata dete hain," Abhi agreed. Nikki smiled. Together, they chorussed, "Guys, meet Nibha and Abhin Modi!"

"Oh, Nik!" Riddhima gasped. "They're perfect."

"I agree," Armaan seconded. 

"Me too," Anjali said. 

"Me three," Rahul added. 

"Haan… Matlab… Maine jo naam suggest kiye the unse better hain yeh," Muskaan reluctantly agreed. 

"Mujhe ab bhi lagta hai tum dono ko mere suggest kiye hue hi naam use karne chahiye the… But these are not bad," Atul gave in when everyone stared him down. 

"Thanks, you guys!" Nikki murmured, getting teary eyed. Riddhima sat beside her and gave her a hug, having passed Nibha to Rahul. 

"Guys, tum sab raat se yahin ho… Why don't you go get some rest? Itne dinon se itna hectic chal raha hai aur… Aaj shaam ko reception bhi hai," Abhi suggested. 

"Hum reception nahi karenge," Armaan announced. 

"What?" Nikki shouted. "Kyu?"

"Dumbo," Armaan replied. "Of course… Tu nahi aa paayegi toh kaise karenge?"

"Armaan… Tu yeh kya keh raha hai? Just because main nahi aaungi tu poora reception kaise cancel kar sakta hai?" Nikki questioned. 

"Of course, kar sakta hoon!" Armaan answered. 

"Ridzy! Tu hi isse samjha!" Nikki told Riddhima. 

"Main kya bolu?" Riddhima replied. "I agree with him. Yeh decision sirf Armaan ka nahi hai. Hum dono ne milke decide kiya hai ki hum reception kuch time baad karenge."

"Aur phir honeymoon?" Abhi wondered. 

"Main sab manage kar lunga. We'll push our reservations by a few days," Armaan assured him. 

"Waise bhi, delivery ekdum normal hui thi aur Nikki ke saath koi complications nahi hai. So, kal subah tak discharge mil jaayega and uske 2-3 baad, at least 1-2 ghante toh woh ghar se nikal paayegi. Hum tab reception kar lenge," Riddhima explained. 

"Are you sure?" Nikki pressed. "Mujhe bilkul achcha nahi lag raha ki tum aisa kar rahe ho."

"Of course, Nikki. We're very sure," Riddhima told her. "Aur… Tu bata, agar teri jagah main hoti aur meri jagah tu… Toh tu kya karti?" 

Nikki looked away. She couldn't deny she'd do exactly what Riddhima was. "Fine," she muttered. 

"Good girl," Armaan cheered, giving her a hug and a kiss. 

"But phir bhi… Pagphere ke liye toh jaana hoga na?" Abhi asked. 

"Haan," Riddhima reluctantly agreed. 

"Okay," Nikki commanded. "Toh ab tum sab ghar jao. Get some rest. Aur phir baad mein shaam ko aa jaana, okay? Tab tak mujhe aur Abhi ko bhi bachchon ke saath thoda time mil jaayega."

"Hmmm," Riddhima hummed in agreement. Armaan was about to protest, but Riddhima held his hand, halting him. Armaan sighed but relented. 

Rahul drove everyone else to the Gupta House while Armaan took Riddhima to his apartment, still in her scrubs, her bridal lehenga packed neatly in bags. Armaan held Riddhima's hand on the gear, occasionally bringing up their entwined fingers to kiss her palm. "Humne reception postpone karke theek kiya na?" Armaan wondered out loud after a few moments of companionable silence. 

"Haan," Riddhima agreed instantly. "I can't imagine Nikki not being there. Can you?"

Armaan sighed. "No. But… Uske liye baaki sab bhi disappoint ho jaayenge. I'm not going to lie… Even I'm disappointed. I was excited, Basket."

"I was too," Riddhima told him. "But Nikki ke bina main enjoy nahi kar paati. And I know ki tum bhi nahi kar paoge. Aur, 2-4 din mein kya fark padega? It's fine."

“Hmmmm, you’re right,” Armaan replied. “Nikki… well, she’s been there since the start, Basket. Jab Mom aur Billy nahi the na, tab bhi woh thi mere saath. Agar woh aur Bi nahi hote… I can’t imagine where I would be without them. Unke bina apni life ka ek naya chapter start karna feels so wrong.”

Riddhima smiled, bringing up his free hand to kiss his palm. “I know,” she said.

“Abhin aur Nibha kitne cute haina?” Armaan asked excitedly. “Seriously! Unn dono ko chod ke jaane ka mera mann hi nahi kar raha tha!”

“Mera bhi nahi kar raha tha,” Riddhima told him. “Agar Nikki nahi bolti toh mera toh poora plan tha uske saath hi rehne ka, lekin humein usse aur Abhi ko thodi privacy deni chahiye na!”

“Hmmmm,” Armaan hummed thoughtfully. “Kitna weird lagta haina? Pehle privacy jaisi cheez hum sabke beech kabhi aayi hi nahi. Hum kabhi bhi ek doosre ko phone kar lete the, kabhi bhi milne chale jaate the. Lekin ab Nikki ko phone karne se pehle main sochta hoon ki kahin usse disturb toh nahi kar raha. Kabhi - kabhi bohot weird lagta hai.”

“Ab hum bade ho gaye haina,” Riddhima replied. “Weird toh lagta hai. Di aur meri bhi relationship inn pichle saalon mein kitni badal gayi… but I guess, it’s all a part of life.”

“It takes time to get used to,” Armaan murmured. “But at least… tum toh ho! Tumhe phone karne se pehle mujhe nahi sochna padta… na tumse milne aane se pehle. Aur ab toh… bilkul nahi sochna padega!”

Riddhima giggled, hugging Armaan’s arm. “You’re right!”

They reached home by then. Armaan got out of the car and rushed to open Riddhima’s door for her, who was patiently waiting for him to do so. She knew that he was particular about stuff like this and didn’t step on his toes, no matter how badly she wanted to. It wasn’t just Armaan who loved to irritate her.

The moment they entered the house, they were bombarded by questions from the extended family about where they’d been all night. “Yeh koi waqt hai ghar aane ka?” Taiji hollered. “Kahaan the saari raat?”

Riddhima lowered her head demurely, unused to such shouting. Even when Shashank had been at his worst, he had never raised his voice at his daughters, no matter how mad or angry he was. Seeing her get spooked, Armaan held her hand and glared at Taiji, who was not the least bit intimidated. “Hum hospital mein the,” he answered. “Aap sab kal yahin the na jab Nikki ke labour pains shuru huye?” Not waiting for them to answer his question, he added, “Toh phir pooch kyu rahe hain? Uske saath hi the hum saari raat.”

“Kal hi shaadi hui hai tumhaari! Ghar chodke bahaar aise raat bhar bahaar rehna koi shobha deta hai kya?” Taiji taunted. “Nayi naveli bahu, shaadi ke jode mein hi raat bhar ghar se bahaar ghoom rahi thi… kisi aspatal mein. Tumhe humaari izzat ka zara khayal nahi aaya?”

“Taiji… wo — woh main… woh…” Riddhima stuttered, scared.

“Bhabhi, aap itne sawaal kyu kar rahi hain?” Billy stepped in. “Armaan ne kaha na… woh log Nikki ke saath the.”

“Nikki ke saath the ka kya matlab hai?” Taiji fired back. “Ab shaadi ho gayi hai toh ghar pe dhyaan dena chahiye… lekin yeh toh ab bhi apne doston mein hi busy hai!”

“Bhabhi… Nikki humaare hi ghar ki bachchi hai. Armaan ki sabse achchi dost hai. Usse zaroorat thi toh Armaan aur Riddhima ka farz banta hai uske saath rahe. Aap bol toh aise rahin hai jaise yeh dono kisi party mein gaye ho. Nikki labour mein thi… aur Riddhi uski doctor hai. Agar woh inki dost nahi bhi hoti toh bhi Riddhima ka farz banta ki woh uske saath rahe delivery ke waqt,” Ananya defended.

“Yeh ek hi doctor hai kya wahaan?” Taiji probed.

“Nahi, Bhabhi,” Billy replied, getting tired of her tirade. “Lekin Nikki ki doctor woh akeli hi hai. Aur mujhe bilkul manzoor nahi ki iss ghar ki wajah se Riddhi apne kaam ko nazar andaaz kare. Uska kaam abhi bhi utna hi important hai jitna shaadi se pehle tha. Aur hamesha rahega. Aap yeh drama karna band kijiye ab. Meri bachchi ka ghar mein pehla din aur aap usse aise behave kar rahi hain… achcha lagta hai kya? Maine aapse pehle bhi kaha tha ki Riddhi ko koi rok - tok nahi hai. Usse jab, jaise, jahaan jo karna hai woh karegi. Aur aap usse itne sawaal na pooche toh hi achcha hai.”

Taiji looked extremely miffed at Billy’s words and was getting ready to throw a complete tantrum, when Vishal stepped in. “Mummy… rehne do na. Chachu theek hi toh keh rahe hain. Aaj itni khushi ka din hain… yeh sab baatein karke hum usse spoil kyu kare?”

Taiji scoffed, but conceded. “Armaan, tu Riddhi ko room mein le jaa,” Ananya instructed. “Thode time rest karlo tum dono. Raat bhar jaag rahe the.”

“Haan, Mom,” Armaan agreed. “Aur aap tension mat lijiye. Nikki ki delivery bohot achche se ho gayi thi. Dono bachche bhi theek hain aur Nikki bhi.”

“I know,” Ananya replied. “Vani ne bachchon ki photos bheji mujhe. Abhi toh achche se nahi dekh paaye unhe, but dopahar ko jab tum dono Shashank Bhaisaab ke ghar jaoge tab main aur Billy Nikki aur bachchon se milne hospital chale jaayenge.”

Armaan tugged Riddhima with him and led her to their room. Once the door was closed, he pulled her into a hug. “I’m sorry,” he murmured softly, kissing across her face. “Subah subah itna drama ho gaya.”

“Armaan,” Riddhima breathed, pulling him closer, getting lost in the sensation of his lips dragging across her skin. “Armaan,” she moaned. 

Armaan smiled against her cheek, turning around to capture her lips in a kiss that she returned enthusiastically. “I love you,” he said in between kisses.

“I love you,” she replied. She pulled back and hugged him, hiding her face in his chest. “Tum kyu sorry bol rahe ho?” She questioned. “Tumne kuch nahi kiya. Family mein aisi baatein hoti rehti hain. Ab kaunsa mujhe Taiji se har din milna hai. Kabhi kabhi agar woh kuch keh dein… It’s fine.”

"But that's wrong," Armaan protested. "Unhe tumhaare saath aise behave nahi karna chahiye tha!"

"I don't know unka aisa behave karna sahi tha ya nahi. Woh shayad thodi orthodox hain, toh isliye unhe yeh sab achcha nahi laga. Aur unhone keh diya. I agree ki unhe iss tarah se apni baat nahi kehni chahiye thi, but I guess I understand where she's coming from too. Lekin, jab woh chillaane lagi toh ek second ke liye main bohot darr gayi thi," Riddhima admitted. 

Armaan hugged her once more, hiding her away in his arms. "I know," he murmured. "Dikh raha tha mujhe. Isliye main unse zyada gussa hoon. Unhe kuch galat lagta hai toh woh aaraam se bhi baat kar sakti haina? Aise cheekhne - chillaane ki kya zaroorat hai? Aur tumhe iss tarah taunt karne ki toh koi zaroorat nahi hai. You're a doctor. Tumhaare kaam ki koi timings nahi hain. Emergency koi humse pooch kar thodi aati hai? Itna toh woh bhi samajhti haina? Toh aise scene create karne ki koi zaroorat nahi thi."

"Hmmmm," Riddhima hummed. "But bas ab 1-2 din ki baat haina. Phir toh woh waapas Delhi chali jaayengi. Aur humein unse deal nahi karna padega. So it's fine."

Armaan clicked his tongue but didn't say anything. "It's fine," she repeated. "Sabki families mein aise log hote hain. Kabhi - kabhi unhe ignore karna ho better hai. Mujhe toh Saumya Bhabhi ke liye bura lag raha hai. She has to live with Taiji. Unhe kitni restrictions hoti hongi."

Armaan chuckled. Trust his girl to be more worried about someone else than herself. "It's okay," Armaan told Riddhima. "Vishal aur Saumya Bhabhi unke saath ek flat mein nahi rehte. They stay in the same building, but flats unke alag hai, toh bhabhi ko itni rok - tok nahi hai, cause half the time Taiji doesn't know what's going on."

"That's good," Riddhima replied, breathing a sigh of relief. 

Armaan nodded. "Chalo ab, let's get some sleep."

"Kya sleep?" Riddhima asked. "Mujhe ab tayyaar hona hai. Aaj meri pehli rasoi hai. Aur phir, pagphere ke liye ghar bhi toh jaana hai."

"Basket!" Armaan protested. "Raat bhar ki jaagi hui ho. Come on, get some sleep now! This is not good for your health."

"Achcha?" Riddhima fired back. "Abhi tumhe badi chinta ho rahi hai? Tab kya jab khud mujhe phone kar - karke hospital bulaate the aur apni night duty mujhe thamake sone chale jaate the? Tab tumhe koi concern nahi tha?"

Armaan smiled sheepishly, shrugging his shoulders. "Tab main tumhaara husband nahi tha na!" He answered. 

Riddhima laughed, tiptoeing to kiss his cheek. "You're cute. But, it's fine, Armaan. Aisa pehli baar hai kya jo main raat bhar jaagne ke baad din mein nahi soyi? It's very normal for us, you know that. Main manage kar lungi. Tum agar thak gaye ho toh tum so jao," she advised. 

"Nah," Armaan replied nonchalantly. "I'm not too tired. Ab jab tum nahi so rahi toh main bhi nahi sota."

"As you wish," Riddhima shrugged. 

"Waise, Basket… Tum aaj kya meetha banane wali ho?" He asked. 

"Maine socha ki tumhaari favourite apple pie toh nahi bana sakti kyuki mujhe traditional meetha banana hai… Toh badam ka halwa banane wali thi," she answered. Armaan loved badam ka halwa. 

"Nahi, nahi," Armaan protested. "Woh mat banao! Tum abhi gajar ka halwa bana dena. Woh Billy ko bohot pasand hai!"

"Lekin tumhe toh bilkul nahi pasand na!" Riddhima disagreed. 

"Pch," Armaan sighed. "Toh kaunsa mujhe khana hai? Isliye toh keh raha hoon. Ab tum badam ka halwa banaogi toh main kaise resist karunga?" He pouted. 

"What do you mean mujhe kaunsa khana hai? Tum nahi khaoge kya meri pehli rasoi?" She questioned, her face falling at his words. 

Armaan smiled at that, pulling her in closer and kissing her forehead. "Basket… Jaana… Aaj tumhaara fast haina? Mumma ke ghar pooja se pehle tum kuch nahi khaogi, right?"

Riddhima nodded. "Toh main kaise kha sakta hoon?" He asked rhetorically. "Mera bhi toh fast hai!"

"Armaan!" Riddhima exclaimed, touched. She hugged him tight, hiding her face in his chest. "Tum na… Bilkul paagal ho."

"I know," he agreed. "But yes… Main tumhaare saath hi khaunga! Isliye tum Billy ka favourite bana dena."

"Fine!" She replied. "Ab mujhe jaane do! Ready hona hai."

She pushed him back, trying to get out of his hold, but he only pulled her closer at that. "Waise… Mrs. Mallik," he whispered lowly in her ear. "Happy first day of marriage!"

Riddhima blushed at his words. "Happy first day to you too, Mr. Gupta," she answered. Armaan grinned widely, looking intently at her. Unable to meet his intense gaze, Riddhima shifted, looking at the floor. After a few moments, she pushed against his chest once more. "Chalo… Ab chodo mujhe!"

Sighing, Armaan pulled back, dropping his arms from around her. Riddhima looked up at him, surprised that he'd given in so quickly. "Maine ek baar kaha aur tumne chod bhi diya?" She questioned, surprised. 

Armaan looked at her, confused. Riddhima giggled and pressed a quick kiss to his mouth before running into the bathroom, leaving a dazed Armaan behind. “Oyye hoyye!” He mumbled to himself.

Riddhima stepped out of the shower wrapped up in just a towel, thankful that Armaan was not in the room when she did. She knew if he would’ve been around, they would have never even managed to leave the room for the rest of the day, let alone the house. She quickly rushed to the wardrobe and pulled out a red saree that she’d purchased specifically to wear today. She was extremely grateful that Anjali had taken the time to set her wardrobe up last night while she’d been at the hospital. She got dressed quickly, draping the saree across her body with practised ease. She had just sat down at the dressing table to apply some make up when Armaan came back.

“Basket? Are you done?” He called out as he stepped inside the room, not looking up from his phone. “Main abhi Billy se baat kar raha tha… he said that tumhe lene Rahul ek ghante mein aa jaayega.”

When he looked up, he stopped short. Riddhima was tying her mangalsutra… or well, she was trying to anyway. Dressed in a deep red, she looked like an absolute vision and his heart thumped at the sight. As their eyes met in the mirror, Riddhima blushed and looked away, making him smile. Wordlessly, he stepped forward and took the chain from Riddhima’s hand, hooking it around her neck. Riddhima smiled at him in gratitude. He dropped to his knees behind her to reach her neck better, and dropped a kiss there. He reached around her to pick up the sindoor-daan and turned her around. Pinching some between his fingers, he filled her partition, the sindoor dropping to her nose once more like it had the previous day, making them both smile. Next, he picked up the payal and tied it around her ankles, kissing her feet as he did, very reminiscent of the first time he’d done it. 

Once he was done, he pulled back and stood up, taking Riddhima up along with him. “Perfect!” He commented. Riddhima laughed at that. Her husband was extremely biased. Not that she minded, of course. 

“Tum bhi jaldi se jaake ready ho jao ab!” Riddhima told him, pushing him into the bathroom. 

“Suno toh!” Armaan protested, not letting her shut the door.

“Kya?” She asked him.

“Paas aao!” He instructed. Riddhima raised an eyebrow at his demand, but moved closer nonetheless.

“Aur paas,” he instructed. She did as told.

“Aur pass,” he breathed once more, his sense assaulted by the scent of her perfume. Dazed, Riddhima stepped even closer.

“I love you,” Armaan finally whispered against the shell of her ear. Riddhima grinned brightly at his words.

“I love you,” she replied. “Lekin ab tayyaar ho jao!” Saying so, she pushed him inside once more and quickly shut the door.

Blushing, Riddhima hid her face in her hands. Her husband was too cute. When she looked up at herself in the mirror, she couldn’t help but admire herself. She looked more beautiful than she had ever thought possible, dressed in her husband’s favourite colour, decked up in just her sindoor, mangalsutra, and chooda. Her first day as a wife. As Mrs. Armaan Mallik. She couldn’t believe it had happened. After so long, after so many misunderstandings, so much pain, so many hardships, they were finally married. It had actually happened. Armaan was her husband now. Her husband. A silly grin spread across her face at the thought. She hadn’t imagined her transition to calling Armaan her husband would be so easy, but it was. It felt so natural, as if he had always been her husband and nothing else. Laughing at her thoughts, she hit her head. It was time to go and start her new life!

DMGThings thumbnail

Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Eight

“Oh! This is delicious!” Billy mumbled around a mouthful of halwa. Riddhima had just served everyone and Billy had taken the first bite, not letting anyone else eat before him. Armaan was suspiciously absent from the scene, not wanting to be coaxed into eating. After the ruckus that Taiji had created earlier, he thought it prudent to remain in his room while everyone else ate. He had feigned the need to get some rest when Meera had gone to fetch him.

“Yes!” Saumya agreed. “Bohot hi achcha bana hai, Riddhima!”

Riddhima blushed at the praise. “Thank you!”

“Meri Riddhi toh hai hi perfect,” Ananya added. “Jo bhi karti sab achcha hi hota hai. Best daughter and the best doctor!”

“Mom!” Riddhima whined, shying away from the praise being heaped on her.

“What Mom!” Ananya reprimanded. “Maine koi jhooth thodi bola?”

“Annie bilkul sahi keh rahi hai,” Billy interjected. “Meri beti toh hai hi sabse best!”

“Seriously, Bhabhi!” Krish said. “Halwa bohot zyada achcha bana hai!”

“I was a little sad ki Armaan Bhaiya humaare saath breakfast ke liye nahi aaye,” Meera confessed. “But now I’m so happy! Unke na hone se humein zyada khane mil raha hai! I know ki agar woh hote toh woh humein sirf thoda sa taste karne dete… woh bhi shayad nahi… aur saara khud hi kha lete.”

Riddhima laughed. “Armaan bas taste karke chod deta!” She assured Meera. “Usse gajar ka halwa bilkul pasand nahi.”

“Tumne phir bhi wohi banaya?” Vishal asked, as he fed an eager Vami more of the halwa. 

Riddhima nodded. “Dad ka favourite haina… isliye!”

Billy grinned victoriously at the proclamation. “See! Jab main Armaan se kehta hoon toh woh bilkul nahi maanta… but I always knew, Riddhi! I’m your favourite!”

“Of course,” Riddhima agreed, smiling indulgently. She found it exceedingly cute that Armaan & Billy had an ongoing feud to prove who she liked better. They were grown men but most of the time they behaved like such kids, she didn’t know what to say. 

The doorbell rang then, and Riddhima rushed to answer it. Rahul, Atul, and Ishaan stood on the other side, huge grins on their faces. “Riddhu!” Rahul exclaimed, stepping inside the house to pull her into a tight hug. “I missed you!”

“It’s been less than a day,” she reminded him.

“Toh kya hua? I still missed you!” He said.

The duo kept on hugging till Atul physically had to separate them. “Abbe, oh! Rahul! Tu akela hai kya? Hum bhi hain!” He whined, pulling Riddhima into another tight hug. Riddhima laughed and returned his hug just as enthusiastically. 

“Ridz! Aaj se toh tum meri bhabhi bann gayi!” Atul exclaimed. A second later, he shook his head. “Nahi, nahi. Tum toh waise meri sali ho na?”

He pulled back, scratching his head. “Yeh bohot confusing hai. Ab tum meri bhabhi ho ya sali?”

The group laughed at his confusion. “Atul Bhai… jo bhi ho,” Ishaan intervened. “Mujhe toh Di ko hug karne dijiye!”

Riddhima shook her head, and opened her arms for him. He immediately hugged her. “You look so pretty, Di!” He exclaimed, examining her from head to toe. “Matlab… itni zyada beautiful lag rahe ho! Jeeju ne aapko apni nazron se hatne kaise de diya?”

“Shut up!” Riddhima scolded, whacking his arm. “Jab dekho pareshaan karta rehta hai!”

“Riddhi!” Ananya called out. “Kaun hai beta?”

“Hum hain, Annie Aunty!” Rahul answered in her stead.

“Arre! Rahul, Atul!” Ananya exclaimed, entering the living room. “And, Ishaan! Riddhima ko lene aaye ho?”

“Jee, Aunty,” Ishaan smiled demurely. He was still a little awkward around Riddhima’s in-laws. Maybe more so because they were Meera’s family as well. Meera, the girl he loved, but was too afraid to confess to. He sighed. Now was not the time to spiral. Riddhima had just gotten married. He was here for her and no one else. 

“Chalo… Riddhima ne gajar ka halwa banaya hai… woh khake hi jaana,” she instructed the three boys who readily agreed. After pacifying Billy’s epic fit at having to share the halwa by promising to make him more, Riddhima served some to three of them, who relished it.

“Wow, Ridz!” Atul was the first to exclaim. “Bohot zyada tasty bana hai! Waise toh mujhe pata hi hai ki tum jo bhi banati ho sab bohot tasty hota hai, but aaj toh kuch zyada hi tasty hai!”

“I agree!” Ishaan chimed in. “Bohot amazing hai, Di! I really missed your cooking! Wahaan US mein toh mujhe hi banana padta hai.”

“Excuse me!” Meera interjected. “Aise taunt kya maar rahe ho? I’ve been learning!”

“Yeah, right!” Ishaan scoffed. “Uss din tumne dal jo itni achci tarah se jalayi thi… I have no words. Tum mujhe yeh batao how did you survive there for so long without knowing how to cook?”

“Meri college ka canteen bohot achcha tha,” Meera replied primly. “Unlike yours.”

“We studied at the same college,” Ishaan sighed.

Meera shrugged. “It’s not my problem if you don’t have refined taste.”

“Haan, haan!” Ishaan exclaimed. “Tumhaara taste toh itna fine hai ki tumhe woh 2 din puraane bread butter hi itne zyada tasty lagte the!”

Before Meera could provide a comeback to that, Billy intervened. “Okay! Cut it!” He instructed. “Sab halwa enjoy karo na! Iss waqt yeh debate karna zaroori hai kya?”

“Sorry, Billy!” The two of them replied in unison, looking appropriately chastised. 

“Waise… humaare Mr. Romeo kahaan hain? Dikhaayi nahi de rahe!” Rahul commented as he gobbled up the halwa. “Bohot tasty bana hai, Riddhu! Mujhe zara pack karke dena! Baad mein aur khaunga!”

“Riddhi isse kuch mat dena!” Billy thundered. “Itna mil raha hai usme hi khush rehna seekho, Rahul. Baaki saara halwa mera hai!”

Riddhima shrugged apologetically at Rahul, who smiled. Billy was rather cute at times. Answering Rahul’s question, she said, “Woh so raha hai. Kal raat bhar Abhi ko handle kar raha tha na. It was very tiring.”

“Yes, it was,” Rahul agreed, shuddering at the memory of an antsy Abhi and how they’d had to calm him down. 

Once they were done eating, Rahul turned to Riddhima, asking, “Chalein?”

“Main do minute mein aayi!” She told him. “Thoda samaan lena hai.”

Rahul nodded in agreement. “Jaldi se le aa!”

She rushed inside the room where Armaan was perched in front of his laptop, browsing baby products on an online shopping website. “Kya kar rahe ho?” She asked him, startling him at the sudden interruption. He was concentrating so hard, he hadn’t even heard her come in. 

“Woh… Abhin aur Nibha ke liye,” he explained, showing her the pram he was looking at. It was a large one, meant to accommodate two babies instead of one. 

“Very cute!” Riddhima agreed. “Tum unn dono ko bohot zyada spoil karne wale ho, haina?” Armaan shrugged. Of course he was. Those were his best friend’s babies. His godkids!

“Rahul aa gaya hai,” she informed him. “Toh main jaa rahi hoon uske saath.”

“Main bhi chalu?” He asked, already shutting the browser and getting ready to wrap up so he could leave with her. 

Riddhima laughed at his eagerness. “Tum thode time baad aa jaana,” she said.

Armaan pouted. “Mujhe tumhaare saath jaana hai!”

“Armaan,” Riddhima explained patiently. “Baby… abhi tum yahin raho. Sab hain ghar pe. It doesn’t look nice agar tum bhi chalo toh… aur phir, tumhe Mom aur Dad ko Nikki se milwane bhi le jaana haina?”

“Fine,” Armaan reluctantly agreed. “But sirf thode time!”

“Okay,” Riddhima promised. “Mom Dad ko Nikki ke paas le jaane ke baad aa jaana.”

Armaan hugged Riddhima then. “You’re the best!” He crowed. Riddhima laughed. “That I am.”

She pulled back when Rahul started insistently knocking on the door. “Oh, Heer Ranjha!” He called out. “Kitna chipkoge, yaar? Riddhu… chal jaldi! Late ho raha hai!”

“Kya yaar!” Armaan complained. “Mujhe laga ki ek baar shaadi ho jaayegi toh yeh dialogue toh at least mujhe nahi sun’na padega. But yeh toh phir se wohi kahaani shuru ho gayi.”

Riddhima giggled. “Sorry, baby! I have to go!” She reluctantly detangled herself from his arms. Picking up her bag, she opened the door to see Rahul tapping his foot impatiently on the other side. 

“Ho gaya?” He asked. Riddhima nodded. 

“Oyyeee, Majnu!” Rahul called, peeping in to look at a sulking Armaan. “Leke jaa raha hoon apni Riddhu ko!”

“Meri Basket!” Armaan clarified. Rahul rolled his eyes at his possessiveness, smirking wide. It was so easy to rile him up. 

“Haan, haan!” Rahul exclaimed. “Whatever. Time pe aa jaana lene!”

“Yes, boss!” Armaan answered sarcastically. 

Riddhima shook her head fondly at their antics. “Ho gaya?” She repeated, looking at Rahul. He guffawed but nodded. He left and Riddhima turned to shut the door behind her. Armaan blew her a flying kiss as she did so. 

Smiling, Riddhima made her way back downstairs. Ananya handed her a tiffin full of the gajar ka halwa she’d just cooked. “Mom, yeh kya?” She asked. 

“Arre… meri beti ne aaj pehli baar rasoi mein kuch banaya hai,” Billy explained. “Uss khusat Shanky ko bhi toh pata hona chahiye ki meri beti ke haath ka khana kitna achcha hai!”

Riddhima couldn’t help the tears that spilled from her eyes at his words. She hugged him tight. “Thanks, Dad!” She choked out. Billy rubbed her back and kissed her forehead. Reaching into his pockets, he pulled out a box and handed it to her. “Yeh lo, beta,” he said. “Tumhaara shagun.”

Riddhima opened the box to see the most gorgeous earrings nestled inside. The earrings were rose gold, encrusted with rubies and diamonds to form a teardrop. “Dad, iski kya zaroorat thi?” She asked, already knowing that they must have cost a fortune.

“Zaroorat kaise nahi hai?” Billy asked. “Pehli rasoi ka shagun hai, beta. Isse tu mana nahi kar sakti!”

“Tere Dad bilkul theek keh rahe hain,” Ananya added. “Aur waise bhi… hum tujhe kuch bhi de, tu mana nahi kar sakti. Apne parents ko mana karde, itni bhi badi nahi hui hai tu abhi.”

Riddhima gave in, knowing there was no winning with them. She reached up to undo the plain earrings she’d been wearing and put on the new ones. “Kaisi lag rahi hai?” She asked once she was done.

“Ekdum pyaari lag rahi hai! Bilkul tujh jaisi!” Ananya said, kissing her forehead. “Chal… jaa ab. Jaldi se jaake jaldi se waapas aa jaana, okay?”

Riddhima nodded. Finally, she made her way outside the house with Rahul, Atul, and Ishaan flanking her. It was very weird, but she started missing her new home, even before she stepped into the car. Shaking her head of those thoughts, she focused her attention on Atul’s mindless chatter, allowing herself to be pulled into the discussion about what plant he should gift Anjali next.

At the Gupta House, Riddhima was welcomed with all the pomp and fanfare befitting a new bride. She was passed around the family who all took turns to hug her tight and welcome her back home. Anjali held on the longer, silently crying on her sister’s shoulder, making everyone emotional. 

“I missed you so much, Ridzy!” She confessed, pulling back.

“I missed you, too, Di!” Riddhima replied, reaching up to wipe the tears that had streamed down Anjali’s face. Anjali smiled, doing the same for Riddhima. 

“Ab dono saara din yahin khadi rahogi kya?” Nani asked. “Chalo andar!”

“Jee Nani!” The sisters chorussed.

Once everyone had settled inside the house, Riddhima was bombarded with questions about Nikki, which she answered to the best of her ability. Nikki was fine, and so were the kids. No, there weren’t any complications in the delivery. The babies and the mother were all as healthy as they could be. The babies would need to be monitored for a few months but would be fine. Yes, they were extremely cute. Cuter than Riddhima had ever imagined a baby could be. 

“Waise, Annie Aunty ne Riddhima ka bana gajar ka halwa bheja hai,” Rahul announced. “Bohot tasty hai. Aap sab bhi khayenge na?”

A cheer rung out through the room at his words. Happily, Rahul strutted to the kitchen and plated the halwa for everyone. The next hour was spent eating the scrumptious halwa and merrymaking, till they were interrupted by the doorbell. Ishaan opened the door to see an exuberant Armaan on the other side with Muskaan in tow and grinned.

Armaan took Billy & Ananya to the hospital almost immediately after Riddhima had left. On the way, they stopped to buy a few presents for Nikki and the babies. They were greeted by Muskaan who had stepped out of the room to give Nikki some time with Abhi’s parents who had arrived sometime ago.

“Oyye, Heroine!” Armaan exclaimed, giving her a hug. “Tu yahaan kaise? Mujhe laga tu bhi gayi hogi Basket ke pagphere ke liye.”

“Main thode time mein chali jaungi,” Muskaan assured him. “But Nikki ko ekdum aise akele nahi chodna chahiye na humein. Isliye main ruk gayi. Woh abhi thode time mein Su aane wali hai toh uske baad main free ho jaungi.”

“Nikki kaisi hai? Aur bachche?” Ananya asked.

“Sab ekdum first class hain, Annie Aunty,” Muskaan told her. “Woh… iss waqt Abhi ke parents aaye hain toh unke saath hai. Aap chaliye na… Nikki kabse aap logon ka wait kar rahi hai.”

Grinning, Billy & Annie rushed inside the room. “Billy Uncle! Annie Aunty!” Nikki exclaimed happily on seeing them. Annie rushed forward and gathered Nikki in a hug. “Congratulations, my darling!” She said in greeting. 

“Thank you!” Nikki replied. Once Annie had hugged Nikki to her heart’s content, Billy did the same. 

Nikki introduced them to the kids after that. “Billy Uncle, Annie Aunty… yeh dekhiye… yeh Nibha aur yeh Abhin. Aur yeh hain tum dono ke Billy Nanu aur Annie Nani!”

“Nikki!” Billy exclaimed. “Main kis angle se tujhe Nana lagta hoon, yaar? Main toh Armaan ke bade bhai jaisa lagta hoon! Tu yeh sab kya galat cheezein sikha rahi ho bachchon ko?”

“Oh, stop it, Silly Billy!” Ananya rebuked. “Ab tum Nana bann gaye ho toh Nana ki tarah behave karo. Aise kisi schoolboy ki tarah nahi!”

The occupants of the room laughed at that while Billy sulked. Abhi stepped in to introduce Billy and Ananya to his parents. “Mom, Dad,” he said. “Yeh hain Billy Uncle aur Annie Aunty… Nikki ka best friend haina, Armaan… uske parents. And these are my parents, Vivek Modi and Alka Modi.”

The two sets of parents exchanged greetings. In the meantime, Armaan stepped inside the room with Vani and Muskaan, the three of them engaged in an intense discussion. 

“Vani!” Ananya cried on seeing her. “Congratulations! Dono bachche bohot pyaare hain!” She exclaimed, hugging the woman tight. In the time that Armaan & Nikki had been friends, Vani and Ananya had gotten close too. They had seen each other through some of the toughest times of the other’s lives. To be able to share such joy after sharing so much pain was a thing of beauty.

“And congratulations to you!” Vani returned her felicitations. “Riddhima se achchi ladki na… tujhe kahin nahi milti!”

“Don’t I know it!” Billy agreed. 

“Right?” Nikki added. “Mujhe toh ab tak samajh nahi aata ki Ridzy iss jaise idiot ke chakkar mein kaise pad gayi!” She exclaimed cheekily, making Armaan sulk.

“Shut up!” He cried. “Aap sab kya hamesha aise bolte rehte ho? I’m awesome!”

“Sure!” Nikki scoffed.

“Oyyeeee! Nikki ki bachchi! Zyada smart mat ban!” Armaan threatened.

“Nibha… dekho Armaan Mamu aapse kya keh rahe hain!” Nikki exclaimed, talking to her daughter.

“Main Nibha ki baat nahi kar raha tha and you know it!” Armaan cried. “My Nibha is perfect. Tu usse kuch mat keh!” He immediately marched forward and plucked Nibha from Nikki’s arms, holding her close to his chest. She was so tiny that he could fit her in one arm. 

“Abhi se teri planning shuru ho gayi na?” Nikki asked rhetorically. “I’m telling you, Armaan… tu mere bachchon ko kidnap karne ke kitne bhi plans bana le… you’re not going to be successful.”

“Main koi kidnap nahi karne wala! I’m going to be their favourite toh obviously, woh khud hi mere paas aa jaayenge,” he scoffed. Turning to the bundle of joy in his arms, he added, “Right, Nibha?”

“Hero! Tu zyada overconfident mat ban!” Muskaan protested. “Bachchon ki favourite toh unki Muskaan Masi hogi, haina? Ab main unko hamesha itna achcha khana khilaungi toh obviously woh log mere paas hi aayenge na!”

“Bhukkad kahin ki!” Armaan cried. “Tu abhi bhi bas khane ke baare mein soch… aur tujhe kya lagta hai? Sirf tu hi achcha khana khila sakti hai? Main bhi khilaunga! Aur hum movies dekhne jayenge… park jayenge, beach jayenge… sab kuch karenge! Toh obviously, main hi favourite rahoonga!”

“Tum log please mere bachchon ko abhi se bigaadna band karo!” Abhi butt in. “Abhi ek din ke yeh hue nahi hai lekin tumne saara intezaam kar rakha haina inko bigaadne ka?”

Armaan & Muskaan looked at each other and shrugged. “Of course,” Armaan said. “Ab humaara toh yehi kaam haina?”

Abhi shook his head. “Tum mujhe baksh do! Nikki hi handle karegi tum logon ko. Mere bas ki nahi hai.”

“Very smart, Dr. Moody!” Armaan replied sagely.

“Waise… ab tum log toh mera introduction kara nahi rahe ho… toh main khud hi kar dete hoon,” Armaan stated. Turning to Abhi’s parents, he greeted them. “Hello, Uncle! Hello, Aunty! Main… Armaan. Nikki ka best friend!”

“Namaste, beta!” Alka replied. “Armaan…” she murmured, trying to place him. “Tum… tumhaari toh kal shaadi thi na?” She asked, once she finally remembered that Armaan was Nikki and Abhi’s friend who was getting married to their other friend, who also happened to be Nikki’s doctor, Riddhima.

“Jee, Aunty!” Armaan exclaimed enthusiastically. 

“Congratulations!” The couple said. “Aur… shaadi ke hi din tumhe sab chodke yahaan aana pada, uske liye sorry,” Alka added.

“Arre… aunty yeh aap kya keh rahi hain!” Armaan cried. “Isme sorry ki kya baat hai? Nikki meri aur Riddhima ki best friend hai. Uske saath toh humein rehna hi tha!”

“But still,” Nikki added. “Kal saari rasmein bhi theek tarah se poori nahi hui thi… aur teri first night pe tu Riddhima ke saath hone ke badle yahaan Abhi ko sambhaal raha tha aur Ridzy mujhe. I feel really bad. I’m so sorry, Mr. Supercool!”

“Nikki!” Armaan reprimanded. “Shut up! Kya bakwaas kar rahi hai tu? Ab tu yeh sab sochegi? As if we would have been anywhere else but here when you were in labour! Tu meri jagah hoti toh bhi yehi karti na?”

Nikki nodded immediately. “Toh bas phir,” Armaan ordered. “Yeh sab mat soch. Aur mere saamne keh diya… Riddhima ke saamne toh bilkul mat kehna. Tujhe pata haina woh kaisi hai… gussa ekdum naak pe chadha rehta hai madam ke. Tu yeh sab usse bolegi toh pata nahi tujhse kitna gussa ho jaayegi!”

Nikki chuckled at that. “Uske liye tu haina!” She said. “Usse kaise manate hain yeh tujhe achche se pata hai!”

“Haan, bhai,” Abhi agreed. “Itna experience jo hai tumhe Riddhima ko manane mein!”

“Oyye, Moody! Mind your own business!” Armaan lectured. 

They joked around for a while before Armaan stated he had to go to the Gupta House for the pooja. “Can’t believe I’m missing all this!” Nikki lamented. “Itna kaha maine Ridzy se ki mujhe discharge karde lekin woh meri sunti hi nahi haina!”

“Nikki, Riddhima ne kaha haina agar sab normal raha toh she will discharge you tomorrow morning!” Abhi consoled. “Bas thode ghante aur!”

“Tu tension mat le,” Armaan added when Abhi’s words did nothing to pull her out of her funk. “Wahaan se tujhe Skype karenge hum, okay? It’ll be like you’re there with us!” He promised.

Nikki gave a half-hearted smile at his words, happy that he was trying so hard. But nothing would compare to her actually being there. She would not trade her kids for the world, but in that moment, she wished they’d been born just a couple of days later so that she could have attended every ceremony for her best friends’ wedding. It made her feel like a bad mother, thinking what she had, and she immediately said, “Nahi, nahi. It’s okay! Waise bhi kal toh main discharge ho hi jaungi na!”

She had to remember that her kids were her first priority now and no one else. Armaan looked at her intently, knowing immediately that something was troubling her. But, not wanting to disturb him, she waved him off. “Actually, I’m very tired. Subah se itne visitors aur bachchon ko sambhaalna… I think I’ll take a nap now.”

Maybe things would seem better after she’d had some sleep. Armaan acquiesced, not wanting to push her when she wasn’t ready to talk. “Fine,” he agreed. “But… halwa kha lena tu, okay? Riddhima ne banaya tha. It doesn’t make up for not being able to attend the ceremony, but this is the best I can do right now.”

“Thank you!” Nikki replied, hugging him. Armaan hugged her tight and dropped a kiss to her forehead, before pulling away to do the same for the babies. 

“Ghar aane ki koi jaldi mat karna,” Billy instructed him. “Riddhi ko jitna time apne parents ke saath spend karna hai, usse karne dena. Okay?”

Armaan rolled his eyes at that. “Yes, Billy!” He replied. Tugging Muskaan out of the room, the two of them shouted their goodbyes before leaving.

The car ride to the Guptas’ was filled with Muskaan’s incessant chatter, with Armaan entertaining her theatrics. They reached in seemingly no time at all and were greeted by an enthusiastic Ishaan. “Hey, Jeeju!” He cried, the second he opened the door, launching himself to hug Armaan.

“Hi!” Armaan replied, happy to be greeted so warmly. Ishaan gave Muskaan a quick hug in greeting as well and pulled them both inside, where Armaan was welcomed with more hugs and well wishes. 

“Aap sab kya kar rahe the?” He asked them once they’d settled down.

“Woh… Riddhima ki pehli rasoi ka halwa kha rahe the,” Padma told him. “Tune taste kiya? Kaisa laga tujhe?”

“Nahi na, Mumma!” Armaan exclaimed dramatically. “Yeh Basket… isne jaan boojhke gajar ka halwa banaya! Mujhe bilkul pasand nahi hai woh! Bas kyuki Billy ko pasand hai…”

“Riddhima! Beta, yeh galat baat haina,” Padma said. “Armaan ki pasand ka bhi banana chahiye tha tujhe!”

“Main banane wali thi, Mumma,” Riddhima defended herself. “Lekin Armaan ne mujhse kaha ki gajar ka halwa bana do!”

“Maine kaha aur tumne maan liya?” Armaan fired back. “Aise toh tum meri koi baat nahi maanti!”

“Armaan!” Riddhima warned.

“Riddhima!” Armaan replied in the same tone.

“Armaan!”

“Riddhima!”

“Tum dono Armaan Riddhima karna band karo!” Nani stepped in. “Chal… aaja, Armaan. Main bana deti hoon tere liye kuch.”

“Arree… nahi, Nani!” Armaan protested. “Aap kyu itni takleef utha rahi hain. Aap kuch mat kijiye! Main banake khilaata hoon aapko?”

“Tum? Tum kyu banaoge, beta? Maa aur Padma haina… aur Anjali bhi,” Shashank said. “Tum aaraam karo.”

“Aise kaise?” Armaan argued. “Nahi, nahi. Main toh banaunga. Sirf Riddhima ki hi pehli rasoi kyu? Aaj toh meri bhi hogi!” He declared stubbornly.

“Armaan, beta… ladko ki pehli rasoi nahi hoti,” Padma tried to explain, but he staunchly disagreed. “Nahi, nahi. Mujhe kuch nahi pata. Main toh aaj sabko shahi kheer khilaunga hi khilaunga!”

“Shahi kheer!” The gang cried, aghast, alongwith Nani and Padma. They had not yet forgotten Armaan’s previous debacle with the kheer. 

“Haan!” Armaan stated. “Pichli baar toh bohot buri bani thi na! But… don’t worry. Ab maine banani seekh li hai! Iss baar bohot achchi kheer banaunga… I promise!”

“Armaan… rehne de na,” Rahul tried to derail him. “Hum sabne abhi hi gajar ka halwa khaya hai.”

“Toh kya hua?” Armaan argued. “Ab shahi kheer khana!”

“Armaan…” Nani tried to stop him but he shook his head, pouting adorably. “Please, Nani! Banane dijiye na!” He exclaimed.

Nani, who was powerless against his puppy dog face, ended up giving in. “Theek hai. Jaa, bana le!”

“Thank you!” Armaan cried exuberantly. He gave Nani a quick hug and rushed to the kitchen to cook. 

“Paagal,” Padma commented after him. “Log kitchen mein naa kaam karne ke liye ladte hain, aur yeh hum sabse kitchen mein kaam karne ladke chala gaya!”

Riddhima excused herself and went to check on Armaan. He was picking out all the ingredients he’d need for the kheer, deep in thought. Riddhima smiled and hugged his back, her arms travelling around his chest. “Hi,” she whispered.

“Hi!” He grinned, turning around and wrapping his arms around her as well. 

“Nikki theek haina?” She asked.

Armaan nodded. “More or less. But, I guess it will take her some time to adjust. Plus, postpartum mood swings… she was a little worked up when we went to see her.”

Riddhima sighed. “I’ll talk to her,” she said. 

“Hmmmm,” Armaan hummed in agreement. 

“Armaan…” she said after a few moments. “Are you sure? I mean… pichli baar…”

“Basketttttt!” Armaan whined. “Tumhe bhi mujhpe confidence nahi hai kya?! I swear, maine sach mein kheer banana seekh liya hai!”

“Fine, fine,” she relented. “If you say so!”

“I do!” He asserted. “Chalo ab… jao tum. Yahaan rahogi toh mujhe distract karti rahogi… but ab meri baari hai sasurjee ko impress karne ki! Don’t try to steal my limelight!”

“Tum bilkul paagal ho!” She laughed. “I’m going!”

“Thank you!” Armaan cried. As Riddhima turned to leave, he held her hand and pulled her to him. She crashed into his chest at the sudden movement. Armaan lifted her head, pushing her hair out of her face. He smiled and kissed her chastely. Once, twice, thrice, before finally letting her go. Riddhima blushed and ran away from the kitchen, extremely happy.

While Armaan whiled away in the kitchen, everyone had a gala time in the living room, laughing and joking. Padma did check in on Armaan a few times and offered to help, but he was adamant on cooking by himself. She stayed and gave him company for some time, both of them settling into their regular patterns. Once Armaan was done, he invited everyone to try his kheer.

“Ruk jaa, Armaan,” Nani said. “Pehle pooja kar lete hain. Aur kheer bhagwaan ko bhog mein laga denge. Phir hum sab khayenge.”

“Okay, Nani,” Armaan acquiesced. “Jaisa aap theek samjhe.”

Nani led the pooja after that, explaining all the rituals to Armaan & Riddhima as she went. Once they were done, everyone gathered at the dining table to eat Armaan’s kheer. 

"Iss baar, sabse pehle Papa taste karenge!" Armaan announced. "Warna tum sab leke bhaag jaoge aur unhe phir se nahi milegi!"

The gang looked at each other, worried, but were powerless when Shashank agreed. "Yes! Iss baar toh sabse pehle main hi taste karunga!"

Happily, Armaan served a bowl full of kheer to Shashank. The gang waited with bated breath as Shashank lifted the bowl and smelt it thoroughly before taking a bite. "Mmmm," Shashank hummed in appreciation around a mouthful. "This is so good, Armaan! Ab mujhe samajh aa raha hai ki last time kheer itni jaldi kyu khatam ho gayi thi!" He joked. 

There was a collective sigh of relief from everyone present. "Thank you, Papa!" Armaan beamed. 

"Shashank, kheer sach mein achchi hai?" Nani enquired. "Tu Armaan ka dil rakhne jhooth nahi bol raha na?"

"Maa!" Shashank rebuked. "Yeh aap kaisi baatein kar rahi hain? Main jhooth kyu bolunga? Kheer sach mein bohot achchi hai!"

"Nani," Armaan said. "Aap Papa se kyu pooch rahi hain? Khud taste karke dekhiye na!"

He passed her a bowl and she gingerly lifted it in her hands. She looked around to see everyone staring at her intently, waiting for her reaction. Sighing, she spooned some of the dessert and put it in her mouth. And… Was pleasantly surprised. The kheer really did taste delicious. 

"Waah, Armaan!" She exclaimed. "Aaj ki kheer toh bohot zyada achchi bani hai, beta! Pichli baar se toh bohot zyada achchi. Sach mein!"

Armaan's eyes crinkled with his wide smile. "Thank you!"

Satisfied that nothing was wrong this time, everyone else tasted the kheer too, and were all praises for Armaan, who soaked up the compliments with a flourish. It took a while for anyone to notice that Riddhima had not been eating. 

"Arre, Riddhima! Tum toh kha hi nahi rahi!" Shubhankar cried. "Aise kaise? Taste toh karo. Itni achchi kheer banayi hai tumhaare husband ne!"

Riddhima got a little conscious of all the sudden attention on her and looked away, blushing. "Haan, Ridzy!" Anjali agreed. "Shubhankar Sir bilkul theek keh rahe hain! Bhai… Mere Jeeju ne itni achchi kheer banayi hai aur tu taste bhi nahi karegi kya?"

"Armaan, aaj toh tu isse apne haathon se khila," Muskaan egged the heat on. 

"Main kyu khau?" Riddhima finally burst out. "Maine jo halwa banaya tha woh thodi khaya Armaan ne! Toh mujhe bhi uski kheer nahi khani."

She turned her nose in vanity. "Isse mere haath ka nahi khana toh main bhi koi desperate nahi hoon iske haath ka khane!"

"Basketttt!" Armaan whined. "Tumhe pata haina mujhe gajar ka halwa nahi pasand!"

"Toh kya hua? Thoda sa taste toh kar sakte the na?" Riddhima questioned. 

"Baat toh sahi hai," Atul commented. "Taste toh tu kar hi sakta tha!"

"Toh… Abhi kuch bigda thodi hai? Abhi taste kar lega!" Rahul exclaimed. "Annie Aunty ne diya haina itna saara pack karke. Abhi bhi bacha hai."

"Main lekar aati hoon!" Tara exclaimed, shooting up from her seat immediately. "Di ne sach mein bohot achcha halwa banaya hai, Jeeju!"

She came back a few minutes later with a bowl full of halwa that Armaan eyed with suspicion. "Yaar! Mujhe toh laga tha ki ab shaadi ho gayi hai toh papad belna band," he muttered to himself. "Lekin yahaan toh doosri hi story shuru ho gayi!"

Tara placed the halwa in front of him and beseeched him to eat some. "Please, Jeeju! Thoda sa bas!"

"Riddhima me haathon se toh mana nahi karoge na?" Keerti added to the discussion. "Come on, Armaan!"

Sighing, Armaan gave in with a nod. Still miffed, Riddhima spooned some halwa and fed it to him as everyone clapped. "Hmmm," Armaan muttered. "Not bad. Matlab… Theek hi hai," he said, scrunching his nose. 

"Chal, Hero! Ab tu bhi khila de!" Muskaan ordered. 

"Khila du?" Armaan asked Riddhima. She clicked her tongue but nodded. "Fine!"

Happily, Armaan fed her some of the kheer. "Very nice!" Riddhima praised. "I never expected ki tum itni achchi kheer bana loge!" She exclaimed loftily, making everyone laugh. Armaan did a fake curtsy at her words. He turned to see some kheer stuck on her lips and lifted his finger, gently wiping it away. When he saw that everyone was busy eating again, he quickly licked his finger off, making Riddhima blush a deep red. 

They all spent the rest of the day at the Gupta House, leaving only late in the evening. As Armaan helped Riddhima get into the car, he turned back to look at the house, where his family was standing at the threshold, waving them off. No one had done that for him before, apart from Riddhima. The gesture sent a thrill down his spine, warming his heart deliriously. It was great to have a loving family, he thought to himself as he finally drove off, knowing that there would be a family waiting at home to welcome him back as well. Life was good. No, scratch that. It was f*cking beautiful, so long as his wife was by his side. 

And, that's a wrap! Happy 15 years, DMG fam! <3

On this very momentous occasion of the AR wedding finally happening, I want to thank each and every single one of you for reading this fic. I know it hasn't been an easy journey. I first started uploading this fic in November 2014 and it has taken us August 2022 to actually have the wedding. You've all been such a patient audience and I am forever grateful for that!

This journey has not been without it's ups and downs. There have been times when I've been so demotivated I didn't think I'd write one more word on this fic, but I've somehow powered through and reached here. I am really proud of myself for it. It hasn't been easy for me to stick to this fic for so many years either, but the love I have for this show and it's characters, and of course, all my readers, kept me going. 

Thank you so much for sticking by me with my very erratic update schedules where I've not uploaded a single word for months on end. I think there was this one year where I uploaded a grand total of just three chapters in the entire 365 days, and yet, you kept coming back. So, thank you!

I know that there have been times when I might have come across as rude and I am really sorry for that. I know we all say constructive criticism is a good thing but Armaan, Riddhima, and this story are so close to my heart that I haven't taken well to that. I have also not taken well to your please update comments and messages and idk if I wanna apologize for that cause yk... I do have a life. But despite me being this way, you still did not stop reading, and for that, thank you so much. From the very bottom of my heart. I don't think I can express just how much it means to me that you've reached here.

For all of you who've been there for years, and even the ones who have joined us in this journey only recently, thank you for your wonderful comments. But mostly, thank you for not giving up on me and this story. Pako & Sanju, you two are my shining stars and this story exists only because of you. We've come here because you kept encouraging me and pushing me to do better.

ILYLTF has been a wonderful journey that has introduced me to so many friends. I'm not in touch with most of them now, but at some point, they were a huge part of my life and made it so much better. To all of you, thank you so much. I know you're probably not going to read this, but still, thank you. Thank you for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself. You've been instrumental in bringing this fic here as well.

But mostly, thank you to the entire cast and crew of Dill Mill Gayye for making such a beautiful show that has stuck with so many of us despite the years in between. DMG has seen all of us through some very tough times, has been the sole reason for our smiles, and has given us so much that I don't think I can put into words just what it means to me. Thank you is not enough, but it's the only word I have. Dill Mill Gayye truly is an emotion, and every viewer knows just what I mean when I say that. So, thank you, DMG for being the love of my life. <3

Now that the senti stuff is out of the way, some housekeeping : 

The reception chapter should be up soon, hopefully. I wanted to upload it today itself but didn't finish writing it so it's not here. But, I have some free time this week so I'll try to finish it ASAP.

I cannot guarantee a TDBU update today, sadly. I have 3k words written on the new chapter but it's nowhere near finished so I might not upload it. Or, I might upload just one part of it because it's 20 August and I'm a sentimental fool like that. No promises, but the chances of an update today are minimal. I'm sorry!

A quick question to you all : the next leg on ILYLTF is going to be the honeymoon. Do you want me to upload all chapters in bulk like I did it for the wedding or would you rather I upload them as I write? Please let me know what works better! :D

If you stuck with this gigantic note till here, thank you! You're awesome. I love you. Happy Anniversary!

Edited by DMGThings - 1 years ago
..Phoenix.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Though i am still to read today's part but i was afraid u will wrap it up on wedding not so i skipped reading on parts and read the foot note. 

And as much fun this is to get all the parts busy at us i still want the regular one as u write. To have something to read on after some intervals. This is great but we kind finish it in a day or two and then nothing to read. So give it as u write. 

Baki update padh ke i will come back to eat ur brain. 

Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I had that little feeling..niki's gonna deliver in and around the wedding..

Cutie names❤️

Loved it...

The convo ridzi had with arman in car was must.

I adore relation of billy annie and ridzi...shes lucky to have them as in laws..soemtiems I feel more lucky than armaan considering he too has amazing rltn with padma n shanky.

Tysm for update...

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Phenomenal updates! I'm usually silently reading, but just want to thank you for all the amazing effort you've taken to not only give us all a beautiful story so far but also just sticking with it through all of these years! I know it's difficult given how long it's been, but want to thank you again for your dedication to all of this! It's been a welcome retreat to read your updates through the craziness of normal life. As for the updates - whatever works better for you! I love having updates to read more often (as I'm sure everyone can relate to 😊), so if those are smaller parts that's fine. But if you feel it's easier for you to do bulk updates if you're in the writing zone and just want to keep going, totally fine with that too.

coderlady thumbnail

I have not even finished the previous set of chapters and there are new ones already. You are on a roll.

coderlady thumbnail

Chapter One Hundred & Fourteen

Billy is getting so emotional. In a good way.

coderlady thumbnail

Billy has many regrets about his life. But Armaan will have to chart his own course.

coderlady thumbnail

First Billy. Now Shashank and Padma. The parents are feeling the emotions as their kids move on to the next chapter of their life.