Posted: 1 years ago

Wow  <3 <3 after a long long time....

Armaans emotion described so well...

I so wanted to have glimpse of wedding functions đŸ˜­

Plz update soon

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Armaan never has to feel lonely again. His life will be full of people.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Those nasty cousins need a rude awakening.

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I am so excited, just want to see their masti and romance in ceremonies :D

NishitaRahman thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow awesome part.part ki liye bohot sukriya.love the part. the cousin is so arrogant.ridzy se kaise bate karraye hai.anji accha reply diya.bt there is armaan ridzy scene.miss them a lot.beautiful story.eagerly waiting for next part.pls post asap❤️😍😘

NishitaRahman thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Awesome part.part ki liye bohot sukriya.love the part.cousins ne ridzy ke kis Tara bat kiya.anji accha reply diya.there is no armaan ridzy scene.miss them a lot.beautiful story.pls post asap.eagerly waiting for next part ❤️😍😘

..Phoenix.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

prags yaartu mazak kar rhi hai hamare sath ye galat baat hain. 

you know i read this the day u posted but then i got was pouting as you kinda posted after months and that too filler update. matlab kuch taras khao na readers pe 

i was upset to not to comment here but then i thought its not fair on my part to do so as filler or actual, small or long you put efforts to put it together so i should appreciate the fact so here i am 

I hate the cousins of RIdhima. They judge her too much and anjali feeling guilt is natural after all the way she treated her sister so rudely even till the starting of their internship. Though i couldn't pin point at what time that changed suddenly in serial.

Now I am looking forward for actual part soon.
Taras kha thoda

member27 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hey! Love your ff so far! It's so cool. I'm so excited for the actual wedding and beyond, but building up nicely!

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Previously On...

Armaan & Riddhima's relatives start arriving to attend the wedding.

Chapter One Hundred & Twelve

“MEERA!” Armaan cried, surprised. His cousin had made it for the wedding after all. Meera held on tight, hugging him with fervor. “I can’t believe you made it!”

“Bhaiya, you’re getting married. Of course I made it!” Meera retorted. “Aapko laga main aapki shaadi miss kar dungi?”

“Tune hi kaha tha na that you’re busy?” Armaan reminded her. 

“Woh toh tab… I just made some changes to my schedule, and here we are! As if I would let work stop me from attending your wedding,” she reprimanded. “Aap aise soch bhi kaise sakte ho?”

“You’re the best,” Armaan declared, pulling Meera into a hug once more.

“I know,” Meera agreed. “But baaki sab chodo… mujhe bhabhi se milna hai! Kab leja rahe ho?”

Armaan chuckled. “Not yet. But kal shaam ko sirf hum cousins ki party hai, toh wahaan mil lena. It will be just all of us taaki Riddhima aur main ek doosre ke cousins se thoda introduce ho jaaye without the pressure of elders.”

“Smart!” Meera exclaimed. “Kiska idea tha yeh? I’m sure aapka toh definitely nahi tha.”

Armaan made a face at her. “Tujhe meri value hi nahi haina! But fine, iss baar you’re right. It was actually Anjali’s idea. Matlab earlier tomorrow was sort of a thank you party jo main aur Riddhima apne friends ko dena chaahte the for throwing us the wedding, but then Anjali suggested we invite all of you kyuki Riddhima ke cousins bhi mujhse milna chaahte hain achche se.”

“Nice,” Meera drawled. “And Anjali is?” She asked.

“Riddhima’s elder sister and my best friend,” Armaan told her.

“Oho! Nikki Di ko pata hai?” Meera asked, pretending to be horrified.

“Hahaha,” Armaan quipped. “I can have more than one best friend. But yes, Nikki ko pata hai. Nikki and Anjy are super close too, but Nikki ki best friend toh Riddhima hai.”

“Ohhh, I see how it is. Nikki Di ne aapka demotion kar diya toh aapne bhi unka kar diya,” Meera teased.

“Meeraaaa!” Armaan cribbed. “Rehne de woh sab! Tu thaki nahi kya itne lambe trip ke baad? Jaa rest kar ab!”

Armaan dismissed her with a wave. Meera laughed but obliged. She was tired after that flight. It was pretty late at night so everyone else was asleep, with the notable exception of Armaan.

“Waise Bhaiya,” she murmured, teasing, as Armaan guided her to a guest room, “aap ab tak kyu jaage hue the? Bhabhi se milne jaa rahe the kya? Chupke se?” 

Armaan looked at her, absolutely terrified. “SHHHHHHH!” He ordered. “Itni zor se mat bol! Agar kisine sunn liya na, yahin pe sab kaam kharab ho jaayega.”

“Toh Bhabhi se milne jaa rahe the!” She crowed, delighted.

“Nahi! Skype kiya tha usse,” Armaan clarified. “Abhi mujhe akele ghar se bahaar jaana allowed nahi hai.”

“Allowed? What do you mean allowed? Ab aapko permission leni padegi kya?” Meera asked.

“Not permission exactly… but abhi mujhe ghar se akele nikalna allowed nahi hai,” Armaan replied.

“Kyu? Kuch hua hai kya? Ya sirf Riddhima Bhabhi se nahi milne ke tactics?” Meera probed.

“Nah, sirf Riddhima se milne nahi, kisi bhi cheez ke liye jaana allowed nahi hai,” Armaan explained. “Kyuki past mein kaafi baar bohot problems hui haina, jab main ya Riddhima akele ghar se nikle hain. Isliye hum dono ko mana kar diya!” He couldn’t help but whine. Armaan knew that it was for their own good that this rule had come into existence. After the last time, everyone was understandably worried, and he was too, but that didn’t mean he liked this. 

“Oh,” Meera murmured. “That makes sense, but I’m sorry you have to spend time apart. But aisa socho na, sirf thode din aur fir aap aur Bhabhi toh hamesha hi saath rahoge na?”

“Yeah,” Armaan agreed. What he hated most about this whole thing was that he couldn’t spend much time with Riddhima, spending these last days together before they got married. Their relationship was about to change forever and he wanted to spend time with her before that happened, just as they were.

“Come on, Bhaiya! Don’t mope!” Meera exclaimed. Armaan gave her a careless shrug.

“Okay… whatever. Actually, sone se pehle kuch kha sakte hain? I’m so hungry!” She whined.

“Meera! Pehle kyu kuch nahi bola? Chal, pehle khate hain,” Armaan scolded her, pulling Meera with him to the kitchen. Making her sit on the little kitchen island, he turned to the refrigerator to check for leftovers, but not finding any, started to debate what exactly to cook for her.

“Maggi hai kya?” Meera asked. “Itne time se khaane ka mann ho raha hai mera, but akele khane mein mazaa nahi aata!”

Armaan chuckled. “Okay. Maggi it is!”

Meera changed into comfortable clothes and freshened up before meeting Armaan in the kitchen, who greeted her with maggi and a glass of cold coffee, just as she liked it. 

"So, how are you? Kaam kaise chal raha hai?" Armaan asked her, making conversation as the two ate. 

"It's been fine," Meera replied. "I have this colleague… He's been godsent. Seriously, woh nahi hota toh pata nahi main kya karti. Actually, uski wajah se hi I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it," she confessed. 

"Kyu? Everything okay?" Armaan probed. 

"Haan, bhaiya. Don't worry. Woh bas… Even he's on leave right now, so uska kaam bhi tha and I wasn't sure how my team would manage if I left too, but thankfully, they said sab ho jaayega. Hum dono ne hi last… I think 2 saalon mein, jabse humne join kiya hai… Ek bhi leave nahi use ki hai. So, jab humne maangi toh our boss allowed us both. Mujhe pehle laga he'll deny… And usne leave ke liye pehle apply kar diya tha toh I was sure when I ask, my boss will say no, toh maine poocha hi nahi… But he overheard me talking to someone one day aur unhone saamne se hi leave offer kardi mujhe!" Meera explained. 

"Well, that's good!" Armaan enthused. "I know ki kaam ke liye main kuch kar nahi pata, but tu nahi aati na… Toh I would've missed you so much!"

"I know," Meera replied. "Me too!"

"Aur waise… Wahaan sirf kaam hi karti hai ya there's someone I should know about? You know… Romance and all?" Armaan teased. 

"Kya bhaiya! Please don't tell me ki aapki shaadi ho rahi hai toh ab aap woh annoying matchmaker types ban jaoge," Meera whined. 

"What's wrong with that?" Armaan asked. 

"Nothing… As long as you don't target me!" Meera told him. 

"But bata toh… Is there anyone?" Armaan repeated, this time gentler. "I mean, of course… It's okay if you're not comfortable. Mat bata… But I know ki tu zyada kisi se apni feelings share nahi karti, so I thought… Well, if you want to talk you know I'm here."

Meera seemed to be debating something before she finally sighed. "Well… There is someone… Matlab… I like him, but maine usse bataya nahi hai."

"And why is that?" Armaan probed. 

"I'm not… I don't know… What if he doesn't like me? Kitna awkward ho jaayega," Meera replied. 

"Please!" Armaan scoffed. "Koi paagal hi hoga jo tujhe pasand nahi karega."

"Bhaiya… You know it's not like that," Meera said. "Aise nahi hota. We're good friends and I don't want to spoil that."

"Usne kabhi koi indication nahi diya kya?" Armaan questioned. Meera shrugged in reply. 

"Meeraaaa," Armaan sighed. "Sirf isliye ki shayad kuch bura ho jaayega… You can't do this to yourself. You should tell him. What if he likes you too?"

"I'm scared," Meera replied. "I can't lose him."

"You won't. Agar woh sach mein tera itna achcha dost hai, and for some reason, he doesn't return your feelings… It might be awkward for a while, but you won't lose him. I'm sure of that," Armaan told her. 

"How can you be so sure? Agar aisa nahi hua toh?" Meera pressed. 

"Then he's not as good a friend as you think he is," Armaan replied. "Teri feelings haina? So that's your problem. If he respects you, he'll respect your feelings. Haan, things will change, and maybe it'll take you time to get back to how you are right now, but it's not something you'd lose a friend over. At least that's what I think."

"I'll think about telling him," Meera conceded. "I'm still not sure, but jo aap bol rahe ho… It makes sense."

"Hmmmm," Armaan hummed. "But ab yeh toh bata ki naam kya hai? Who is it? Your colleague, huh?" 

Meera's eyes bugged out of her sockets. "How do you know?!?!" She exclaimed. 

Armaan threw his head back and laughed. She really was so easy. Or maybe, he knew her too well. Yeah, it had to be the second. Meera wasn't the easiest person to read. Armaan had heard that from many people. But to him, she'd always been an open book. Maybe it was because they'd grown up together and had been as close as siblings once upon a time. Not everyone was privy to her the way he was. 

"I didn't even say anything," Meera continued. "How did you know it was him?"

"I just know you," Armaan replied. "Jis tarah se tu uske baare mein baat kar rahi thi… And you rarely talk about someone else so much."

"Yeah," Meera blushed. "I guess so. He's just… bhaiya, he's so amazing. Usne last 2 years mein mera itna saath diya hai… he's become very important to me. Hum dost hain… Actually, I can say… He's my best friend. He will always be. But I like him so much, Bhaiya. 

And I think you'll love him. He's so smart. Bohot zyada funny hai. Very lively. But he's also very thoughtful and kind. Very passionate about what he does. And he adores his family so much. Actually… In many ways… Aap dono kaafi similar ho, when I think about it," she laughed. 

"Nice," Armaan chuckled. "I'm the best… So your choice must be pretty good."

"Bhaiya!" Meera cried. "So narcissistic."

Armaan shrugged. "If it's true, it's true!"

"Aap meri chodo," Meera finally changed the topic. "Tell me about you. How excited are you? Finally… You're about to get married. Frankly speaking, mujhe nahi laga tha ki kabhi yeh din aayega. You… You're getting married. And a love marriage at that. Matlab… You've found someone who you're gonna love forever… mujhe nahi laga tha you were capable of that."

"Shut up," Armaan groused. "Tum sabne hi mera naam kharab kar rakha hai. Riddhima is the best person in the entire world. Of course I'm in love with her. As if anyone who meets her doesn't fall for her."

"You're just exaggerating," Meera laughed. "It's cute. Bhabhi bohot lucky hain ki aap unse itna pyaar karte ho."

"I'm not joking," Armaan replied. "I'm serious. Mere khudke colleagues… They all had a crush on Riddhima when they first came to work at Sanjeevani."

"No way!" Meera exclaimed. "Mujhe laga tha yeh sab sirf movies mein hota hai."

"Yes way," Armaan answered. "Mere saath real life mein bhi hua hai. So yeah… But I get it. Like I said… She is the best. Actually, agar koi usse milke 2 minute mein uske pyaar mein nahi pad jaaye na… toh problem hai. Then you know that person can not be trusted."

Meera giggled. 

“I’m serious!” Armaan cried. “Ek kaam kar! Apne uss colleague-cum-bestie ko na tu Riddhima se milwa! If he doesn’t like her, he’s not a good judge of character. Fir tujhe bhi uske saath itna ghulne-milne ki zaroorat nahi hai.”

“Okay,” Meera snorted.

“It’s very effective, bata raha hoon main! And even if it doesn’t work out… tu tension mat le! Riddhima ka ek cousin hai… He’s very cute, Meera. Main na… tujhe uske saath set up kar dunga!” Armaan told her.

“Aap apni shaadi pe meri matchmaking karoge?” Meera laughed.

Armaan shrugged. “He’s really nice! Hum bas 1-2 baar mile hain but I like him very much. Woh aur Riddhima bachpan se hi kaafi close the and I can see why. He’d be good for you, actually. Agar tera already yeh scene nahi hota na… main pakka try karta tum dono ke liye!”

“You’re so cute!” Meera exclaimed, pulling Armaan’s cheeks. “But, aap yeh sab rehne do. Abhi hum sab sirf Bhabhi pe aur aap pe concentrate karenge. Okay?”

“Okay,” he acquiesced. “Whatever you say.”

________

“I miss you,” Armaan murmured into the phone. 

“I know,” Riddhima replied, making him chuckle. “But hum kal milenge na.”

“Hum… aur humaare saare dost,” Armaan said. “Sabke sab kabab mein haddi ban’ne tayyar!”

“Armaan!” Riddhima rebuffed. “Rehne do. Sab kitne excited hain. And unhone sab arrange karne mein bohot zyada mehnat ki hai. We should be thankful to them.”

“You’re right,” Armaan agreed. “Lekin Basketttttttt!” He whined. “Mujhe woh log har jagah nahi chahiye!”

“Itni zor se mat bolo koi uth jaayega,” Riddhima advised. “Meera just abhi hi sone gayi haina?”

“Right,” Armaan murmured. “I can’t believe she’s here, Basket! Mujhe nahi laga tha woh aa paayegi. I’m so happy she’s here!”

“I know how you feel,” Riddhima answered. “Ishaan ko dekhke main bhi bohot zyada surprised thi. Woh itna busy rehta hai… and masi ke baad, he doesn’t come back often. Usse yahaan achcha nahi lagta. It means a lot to me ki woh shaadi attend karne yahaan aaya.”

“Of course woh aaya, Basket!” Armaan replied. “He loves you so much. Woh tumhaari shaadi kaise miss kar sakta tha? I know main usse itne achche se nahi jaanta, but I can see clearly just how much he adores you.”

“Just as Meera adores you,” Riddhima added. “I’m very excited to meet her!”

“Tum jitna excited ho usse kai zyada woh excited hai. She’s been talking my ear off about you for so long! I’m sure woh aayi bhi mere liye nahi tumhaare liye hai,” Armaan commented.

“Armaan tum paagal ho,” Riddhima said.

“Hoon na,” Armaan agreed immediately. “Tumhaare pyaar mein.”

“That was so cheesy, Dr. Mallik! Yeh line use karna kab band karoge tum?” Riddhima asked.

“Kabhi nahi,” was Armaan’s prompt reply. “Kyuki mujhe pata hai, upar se tum kitna bhi isse cheesy ya cringey kaho… secretly andar se toh tumhe bohot zyada achcha lagta hai jab main yeh kehta hoon. Haina?”

Riddhima didn’t have an answer to that. She just shied away, blushing beautifully, not that Armaan could see.

“Oyye hoyye,” his soothing and silky voice was beautiful even over the phone as he said, “kya look hai! Tum bohot, bohot, bohot khoobsurat lag rahi ho!”

Instinctively, Riddhima looked up, searching. She knew that Armaan wouldn’t risk it, but she had to be sure. It wouldn’t be the first time he’d climbed her window. “Idhar udhar dekhna band karo,” he laughed. “Main sach mein wahaan nahi hoon. But tumhe dekhne mujhe wahaan hone ki zaroorat bhi nahi hai. I know you, Jaan. Ab itne saalon mein tumhaare reactions anticipate karna toh seekh hi gaya hoon main.”

“I really miss you,” Riddhima whispered, hopelessly in love. “I really miss you.” His absence from her side hit her suddenly. She hadn’t felt it so keenly ever before. It was as if she needed to be with him right this second. She was so overwhelmed that she started crying. She didn’t even know why that was. It was so silly. It’s not like she hadn’t gone days without seeing him before. She had done it so many times, and some times, they hadn’t even talked during this time apart unlike now when they spent all their spare time on the phone together. This wasn’t the first time they’d done this, nor would it be the last. Still, she suddenly couldn’t handle it. She just felt like crying. She needed to see him, needed to feel his arms around her, holding her close, loving her, protecting her.

“I know,” Armaan replied. “Shhhh,” he soothed. “Basket… Jaan, I know. I miss you. I love you. I know this is hard. But hum saath haina? Bas kuch dinon ki baat aur. Fir main tumhe khud se kabhi alag nahi hone dunga.”

“Pro—Promise?” Riddhima hiccupped.

“Promise,” Armaan vowed. “Main tumhe apni baahon mein itni kaske pakdunga, koi humein alag karna chahe toh bhi nahi kar paayega.”

“That was even cheesier,” Riddhima said, laughing through her tears.

“Made you laugh,” Armaan answered carelessly, as if that was enough. That everything else was fine if she was laughing, that he would do anything, say anything, no matter how stupid or silly, just to make her laugh. It warmed Riddhima’s heart to be on the receiving end of such wholesome love. 

“I love you,” she mumbled into the phone, lying down on her bed and hugging the stuffed toy Armaan had gifted to her on the day he’d proposed. 

“I love you,” Armaan replied softly. “Want to stay on the phone till you fall asleep?”

“Yes,” Riddhima replied. “Please.”

“Anything for my Basket,” Armaan told her. He settled in for the night as well, humming a song only she could hear, that was meant only for her, and always would be. 

When he felt her breathing even, he softly asked, “Basket?” Her lack of reply was enough for him. She’d gone to sleep. But, not wanting to let go of her yet, Armaan decided against hanging up. It was extremely cheesy, much more so than anything he’d ever done in his entire life, even in the three years that he’d been dating his Basket, but he couldn’t bring himself to care, not at the moment. Being with Riddhima was more important. Feeling her presence was more important. So, he fell asleep with the phone still stuck to his year, his heart connected to hers, even in the silence of the night.

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter One Hundred & Thirteen

“Oh my gods!” Ishaan exclaimed. “Di, you look absolutely stunning.”

“Thank you!” Riddhima replied.

“Agar Jeeju already aapse itna pyaar nahi karte na… aaj aapko dekhke pakka ho jaat unhe,” he added, making Riddhima blush.

“Ishuuuuu!” She whined. “Tu bhi inn logon ki tarah shuru ho gaya?”

“Of course,” Ishaan answered. “Aap blush karte hue itne cute jo lagte ho!” He told her, pulling her cheeks. “Main itni achchi opportunity kaise chod sakta hoon?”

“Riddhu,” Rahul breathed, entering the living room at the moment. “Wow. You look… wow.”

“Thank you,” Riddhima smiled, accepting the compliment with a small curtsy. “It’s all because of you.”

Rahul waved her off. “Seriously,” she insisted. “Thank you so much for helping me choose. Teri choice sach mein bohot achchi hai. I don’t think I’ve ever felt as pretty as I do now. Isliye… I am very happy ki har function ke liye kapde select karne mein tune meri help ki hai.”

“Of course!” Rahul cried. “I had to. Teri shaadi hai. How could I not?”

Riddhima smiled. She walked up to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. “Thank you, Rahul!”

"Tum dono ki yeh cutesy harkatein ho gayi ho toh chalein?" Anjali asked, stepping out of the room as well. She was dressed to the nines as well, looking absolutely gorgeous in a little black dress. 

"That's what I'm talking about!" Rahul hooted. "So sexy, Anjy."

"Thank you, Rahul! You're looking very dapper as well," Anjali returned the compliment, gesturing to his outfit. 

Rahul and Ishaan rounded up the others and they all piled into the car, driving to the hotel where the party was to be held. This was the one celebration for the wedding that Armaan & Riddhima had organized with zero input from anyone else. It was a sort of appreciation dinner that they'd planned for everyone, to thank them for their part in the wedding. 

"Looking nice!" Rahul announced once they got there, throwing his arm around Riddhima and hugging her sideways. "Not bad, Riddhu. Tu aur Armaan bhi kaafi achcha yeh sab manage kar lete ho."

"Thank you for the glowing compliment," Riddhima laughed. 

"Shall we?" He asked, offering Riddhima his arm which she promptly took.

Inside, the party was just starting. Armaan was already there, along with his cousins, the rest of their friends - Muskaan, Atul, Nikki, and Abhi - and the Rais. They were all gathered in a circle, talking amongst themselves. Laughter rang out loudly from the group, making Riddhima smile. As their little group made their way to them, everyone turned to look. Riddhima burned under Armaan's gaze, looking away when her eyes met his. He looked at her if she hung the moon sometimes. It was just too much for her to bear --- to have this kind of love, this kind of devotion, and moreover, from the best man she knew. She truly was so lucky. 

"Hey," Armaan whispered when they reached where he stood, his eyes stuck on her, not paying attention to anyone else around them. 

"Hi," she breathed, blushing a beautiful red, yet again. 

Armaan kept looking at her and Riddhima ducked her head, unable to hold his gaze any longer. The couple stood there for a while till the clearing of a few throats pulled Armaan's unequivocal attention away from Riddhima. He cleared his throat too, looking away to hide his own blush. 

"H---hi… Hi, guys!" He greeted the rest of the group. "So glad you could make it."

"Right," Anjali teased. "You're glad we made it. Dikh raha hai, Jeeju."

"Anjy!" Armaan reprimanded, even as he blushed, just like he always did, at the moniker of Jeeju, making them all laugh. 

“Ridzyyyy,” Nikki greeted, pulling her into a hug. “You look so gorgeous!”

“Thank you, Nikki! Tu bhi kam sundar nahi lag rahi,” Riddhima replied, gesturing to her flowy pink gown, making Nikki grin. 

“Dekh… mera baby bump bohot cute lag raha haina?” Nikki asked, stepping forward to display her bump in all its glory.

“Chooo cute!” Riddhima cooed. “Ab bas thode din aur and yeh cute sa baby humaare saath hoga.”

“I’m so ready,” Nikki moaned. “I love you, Ridzy, but tune bohot galat time choose kiya shaadi karne ke.”

“Sorry,” Riddhima apologized, holding her ears. “But tu please itne time khade mat reh. Ab tak baithi hui thi na… please waapas jaake baith. Don’t move too much!”

“Haan, I’m going,” Nikki agreed.

“Chal, I’ll help you,” Riddhima said. She guided Nikki to a comfortable and spacious sofa. A moment later, Abhi was there, tending to Nikki. “Riddhima… tum jaake sabse mil lo. Main Nikki ke saath baithta hoon.”

Riddhima nodded, throwing them both a smile before she moved back to where Armaan seemed to be meeting her cousins. 

“Hi,” she whispered softly in his ear as she sidled up next to him. She was greeted by a warm smile and an arm wrapping around her waist. 

“Hi,” he replied, whispering just as softly. “Tumhe kisise milana hai,” he told her, excusing them from the group. 

“Kaun?” Riddhima asked him, but fell in step with him immediately.

“Chalo naaaa,” he whined, not telling her much more. Riddhima noticed that he was leading her to where a beautiful girl was talking to Saumya Bhabhi. Meera, she realized instantly. She’d never met Meera in person but had seen her photographs a few days ago when Vishal Bhaiya had busted out a family photo album. 

Eager to meet her, Riddhima pushed Armaan to walk faster, the two of them laughing and giggling along the way. “Meeraaaa!” Armaan sing-songed when they reached her vicinity. “Look who’s here!”

Meera immediately turned around and squealed on seeing Riddhima. “Riddhima Bhabhi!” She cried, bounding up to her and pulling her into a tight hug. Riddhima returned the hug effortlessly, basking in the homeliness of it all. 

When they pulled back a moment later, Meera was already talking. “Aap itne zyada beautiful ho, Bhabhi! Pictures really don’t do any justice.”

Riddhima blushed at her words. “Thank you! Waise tum kam nahi ho. Vishal Bhaiya ne jo album dikhayi thi usme tum itni choti si aur cute lag rahi thi… but ab dekho… absolutely stunning.”

Meera chuckled. “Woh sab mere make up ka kamaal hai,” she whispered conspiratorially.  Riddhima laughed. “You’re cute,” she said, pulling Meera’s cheek. She could see why Armaan liked her so much. 

“I know,” Meera boasted, making both Armaan & Riddhima chuckle. Saumya Bhabhi was now talking to Nikki, Riddhima observed when she turned to look for her. 

“But seriously… aapko pata hai… I’ve been dying to meet you for so long! But kaam mein main itni busy rehti hoon toh mauka hi nahi mila,” Meera pouted. “But I am so happy ki at least shaadi pe toh main aa paayi.”

“I’m glad,” Riddhima said. “Tum sabse milke mujhe itna achcha lag raha hai! You and Saumya Bhabhi and Krishi and even Vishal Bhaiya… it’s nice to meet all of you. Tum sab cousins kaafi cute ho.”

“Woh toh hum hain,” Meera agreed instantly, puffing up and tugging at her non-existent collar. 

The two of them chit chatted for a while with the occasional comment from Armaan, getting to know each other better, and obviously enjoying the other’s company. Their merry-making was interrupted by Ishaan, who had come out in search of Riddhima. “Diiiii!” He exclaimed, sidling up to her.

“Kya hua tujhe?” Riddhima asked him.

“Rahul Bhaiya ne mera jeena mushkil kar rakha hai,” Ishaan whined. “2 minute break lene aaya hoon. Please unhe bol dena aapne mujhe bulaya hai.”

Riddhima laughed. Rahul had taken Ishaan under his wing with all the planning & organizing and Ishaan had been suffering. He had been very excited at the start and had bent over backwards to help Rahul out, but now that the wedding was upon them and the intensity was only increasing, Ishaan seemed to be in over his head. He would often find her for a moment or two of reprieve. 

“Ishaan?” Meera called out, her voice soft and tentative, making the two cousins turn to her.

“Meera?!” Ishaan cried, excited and disbelieving all at once.

“HI!” They both cried at the same time, stepping forward for a quick hug.

“What are you doing here?” Meera asked Ishaan.

“It’s my cousin’s wedding,” Ishaan replied. “I told you,” he added, tone accusatory. “What about you?”

“It’s my cousin’s wedding!” Meera exclaimed.

“Your cousin? What do you mean your cousin?” Ishaan pressed.

“My cousin,” Meera answered, pushing Armaan forward. “Dr. Armaan Mallik.”

“Riddhima Di is my cousin,” Ishaan explained.

The two looked at each other for a moment before they burst out laughing. 

“Will someone explain ki yahaan kya ho raha hai?” Armaan asked, completely confused by what was happening.

After she stopped laughing, Meera turned to Armaan and said, “Bhaiya… this is Ishaan. We work together.”

“That’s it?” Ishaan asked, scandalized. “Meera… tujhse yeh umeed nahi thi mujhe!”

“So what? Hum colleagues nahi hain kya?” Meera asked.

“But we’re not just colleagues!” Ishaan cried. Turning to Armaan, he added, “Jeeju, yeh ladki aisi hi hai… isse na, meri bilkul importance nahi hai. But I’m supposed to be her best friend!”

“Oh,” Armaan mumbled, connecting the dots. “Best friend who works with you?” He turned to Meera for confirmation. Meera blushed a deep red, looking down to avoid Armaan’s eyes, but nodded.

“Yes,” she confirmed. “That’s Ishaan.”

“Oh,” Armaan whispered again. “Oh. Oh!”

“Jeeju, everything okay?” Ishaan asked him.

“Everything is brilliant!” Armaan cried. He pulled Ishaan into a hug. “This is awesome! I’m so happy! I’m very happy. Matlab… mere mann mein na… laddu phoot rahe hain!”

“Armaan… kya hua tumhe?” Riddhima questioned. “Aise kyu behave kar rahe ho?”

“Kuch nahi, Basket… I’m just happy!” Armaan cried.

“Bhaiyaaaa,” Meera whined. “Stop embarrassing me!”

“Fine, fine,” Armaan mumbled. “But we will definitely talk about this later.”

Knowing that she would not be able to get out of it, Meera nodded in acquiescence.

“Ishaan! Tu yahaan hai? Kabse dhoond raha hoon main tujhe!” Rahul shouted as he came to a stand beside Ishaan.

“Kya hua, Bhaiya? All okay?” Ishaan asked.

“No, it’s not! Teri Muskaan Bhabhi na… Jeena mushkil kar degi mera,” Rahul cribbed, unconsciously echoing Ishaan’s words from earlier.

“Rahul!” Riddhima reprimanded.

“What?” Rahul scoffed. “It’s true!”

“But hua kya yeh toh bata?” Armaan asked.

“Yaar, ab chicken tikka nahi dikh raha hai toh woh sadd rahi hai,” Rahul explained.

“But, Bhaiya,” Ishaan replied, “Humne rakhvaya tha na?”

“Haan,” Rahul agreed. “But pata nahi kya hua… tu please jaake check karna! Main khud chala jaata but mujhe abhi DJ ke saath setlist discuss karni hai.”

Ishaan sighed. “Okay, fine. Main jaata hoon. Aap itni tension mat lo. Main Muskaan Bhabhi ko bhi saath le jaaunga, okay? Woh khud hi sabse nipat lengi.”

“Thank you!” Rahul cried, giving him a hug. “Tu nahi hota toh pata nahi mera kya hota!”

Ishaan shook his head fondly before leaving in search of Muskaan, followed soon by Rahul who went to speak to the DJ like he’d been saying, leaving Armaan & Riddhima alone with Meera once more.

“Bhabhi,” Meera started. “Sach sach batana… aap shaadi ko leke kitne excited ho? Bhaiya toh kuch zyada hi excited hain! He keeps talking about you non-stop!”

Riddhima blushed, making Armaan chuckle lightly. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. “Please,” he laughed. “Yeh bhi koi poochne ki baat hai? Of course she’s excited!”

“Bhaiya… aap interrupt mat karo! Let Bhabhi talk na!” Meera whined.

“Very excited,” Riddhima murmured softly, still blushing. Armaan couldn’t help himself. He dropped a quick kiss to the top of her head.

“Aap dono bohot hi zyada cute ho!” Meera cried. “I’m so happy I finally met you, Bhabhi.”

“Me too,” Riddhima echoed. “Waise… tum aur Ishaan…”

“Oh,” Meera breathed. “Ishaan aur main ek saath kaam karte hain. We’re in the same team. And you know… Being the only desis on the entire floor, we became friends pretty quickly. He's my best friend."

"Awwww," Riddhima cooed. "That's so nice! I'm glad you have Ishaan. Wahaan anjaan desh mein adjust karna kitna mushkil hota hai mujhe pata hai. Aise time pe koi apna ho toh sab bohot easy ho jaata hai. I'm happy ki tum yahaan nahi ho toh koi hai wahaan tumhaara khayal rakhne… Aur koi hai Ishaan ka dhyaan rakhne. 

I don't know if I should say this, but main fir bhi keh rahi hoon… kya karoon, I'm just really worried. Woh Ishaan… He's not the best at asking for help. Khud saari duniya ki help karne ek second mein ready ho jaata hai, koi naa maange toh bhi saath de deta hai, but he doesn't want to be a "burden" on anyone, toh apni problems kabhi share nahi karta… tum uski best friend ho, uske saath kaam karti ho, I'm sure you know him better than me, but still… I’ve known him since forever… he's very important to me. I hope that jis tarah mujhe pata hai woh tumhaara dhyaan rakhta, tum bhi uska rakhti ho."

"Bhabhi, aap ne mujhe thoda zyada emotional kar diya," Meera replied, as the two women smiled, wiping their tears. "But… I know. Ishaan na… He's the best. And I know ki usse help lena pasand nahi hai but main fir bhi zabardasti uski har problem ka part ban hi jaati hoon. Don't worry… Hum sab aapke Ishaan ka bohot achche se dhyaan rakhte hain!"

Riddhima grinned widely, pulling Meera into a hug. "Yaar, tum log kabhi yeh senti baatein chodke kuch aur baat nahi kar sakte kya? Aaj celebration ka din hai but tum dono yahaan khade hoke ro rahi ho!" Armaan teased. 

"Shut up, Armaan!" Riddhima cried, whacking his arm. Armaan laughed and pulled her into a hug, extending his other arm to envelope Meera as well.

That's how Tara and Dhairya found them a few moments later. "Meeraaaaaa Diiiiii!" Tara whined. "Aap mujhse miloge bhi nahi kya?" She asked. 

Meera pulled back and looked surprised to see Tara there. "Tara, tum yahaan?" She asked. 

"Ab main bhi toh hoon Riddhima Di ki cousin. Sirf aapka bestie nahi hai!" Tara teased. Meera shook her head fondly at Tara and pulled her into a hug. 

"Kaisi ho?" Meera asked her. "Itne mahine ho gaye milne nahi aayi ho!"

"I know," Tara smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry. Bas woh college mein itna busy rehti hoon, kuch aur karne ka time hi nahi milta. But aap aajkal campus nahi aate Ishaan Bhaiya ke saath mujhse milne!"

"Haan, woh pichli 2-3 baar jab Ishaan tumse milne gaya tha toh I had some other commitments. Sorry," Meera apologized. 

"Next time you have to come with Bhaiya! We made plans for Labour Day Weekend. Tab aa jaana! We'll go to the movies and try that new pizza place," Tara told her. 

"Done and done," Meera agreed instantly. 

Armaan & Riddhima who had been silently watching the exchange so far, took this moment to step in. "Tum dono ek doosre ko kaise jaante ho?" Riddhima asked. 

"Diiii," Tara replied. "Ishaan Bhaiya introduced us na. Main Ishaan Bhaiya aur Meera Di dono ke saath apne saare festivals aur holidays spend karti hoon."

"That's so nice," Armaan commented. "Tum teeno ka toh alag hi scene chal raha hai. But at least… iss wajah se woh jo main awkwardness se darr raha tha… Woh nahi hui. Warna just imagine… poori shaam toh tum sabko ek doosre ke saath comfortable karane mein hi chali jaati!"

"Armaan…" Riddhima reprimanded. "Kuch bhi bolte ho tum!"

"Arreee… isme galat kya hai? Agar yeh log ek doosre ko nahi jaante toh awkward hote na ek doosre ke saath? Fir yeh sab awkwardness ke chakkar mein hum bhi party achche se enjoy nahi kar paate!" Armaan cribbed. 

"Tum na, rehne do," Riddhima replied, giving up. 

"Waise, Meera Di… This is Dhairya," Tara introduced the two. 

"Of course!" Meera exclaimed. "Hi, Dhairya. It's so nice to meet you! Tumhaari Tara Didi tumhaare baare mein bohot baat karti hai."

"Sab bura hi bolti hongi," Dhairya replied. "Please unki baat mat sun'na. It's nice to meet you!"

Meera laughed. "Haan, kaafi burai toh karti hai… But achchi cheezein bhi bolti hai," she promised. "She misses you a lot!"

Dhairya laughed. "Haan, wahaan main nahi hoon toh kisipe apna raub nahi jhaad sakti na!"

"Dhairyaaaa," Riddhima scolded. 

"Kya Di! Aapko pata haina… Yeh hamesha bas mujhe bully karne ka mauka dhoondti hai. Just because main chota hoon," Dhairya whined. "Aur aap toh sab samajhte ho! Anjali Di bhi toh aapke saath aisi hi karti hai!"

Riddhima laughed. Hugging Dhairya, she said, "Anjali Di aisa kuch nahi karti."

Dhairya snorted. "Okay, Riddhima Di. Whatever you say," he said, clearly not believing her. 

"Yaar, tumlog kya raat bhar bas iss kone mein pade rahoge?" Vishal asked as he approached the group, holding an excited Vami in his arms. "Jabse dekh raha hoon… yahaan alag mandli jami hai tumhaari."

"Sorry, Bhaiya," Riddhima apologized sheepishly. "Woh bas baat kar rahe the."

Vishal grinned at her and ruffled her hair, making Riddhima smile. "Hi, Vami," she said, turning to the baby. "Chachi ke paas aaoge?" She asked, extending her arms. 

Vami looked skeptical at first, hiding in her father's neck, but a little prompting from Vishal convinced her to be held by Riddhima. Riddhima cuddled Vami close and blew raspberries on her cheeks, making the toddler giggle in delight. 

"Vami, aap Chachi ke paas reh jao, okay? Mummy Papa ko akele waapas bhej do," Riddhima said. 

"Naiiiiii," Vami replied immediately, turning to her father. "Vami Maa Paa paas."

"Aur Chachi?" Riddhima probed. "Chachi ko bhi Vami paas rehna hai."

"Paa," Vami asked with all the seriousness she could muster. "Cha-i Vami saath?"

Riddhima looked a little confused, so Vishal translated for her. "Woh pooch rahi hai ki Chachi bhi humaare saath humaare ghar reh sakti hai kya."

"Awwwww," Riddhima cooed, dropping a loud kiss on Vami's cheek. Turning to Vishal, she said, "Bataiye, Bhaiya… Main reh sakti hoon?"

Vishal chuckled. "Main toh tumhe abhi ke abhi le chalu. Zara apne hone wale husband se pooch lo bas… woh tumhaare peeche - peeche nahi aayega na? Because seriously, Riddhima… Iss ladke ke saath main nahi reh sakta. He's too messy!"

Riddhima laughed. "Don't worry, Bhaiya. Hum isse hi sab saaf safai karwayenge," she assured. 

"Hahaha, so funny," Armaan answered sarcastically. "By the way, I'm not messy, just busy."

"Whatever you say," Vishal commented, rolling his eyes. 

"Attention, everyone!" Rahul called from the middle of the room, making everyone turn to him. "Thank you!" He spoke into the mic. "Waise toh aajke party ke hosts Armaan aur Riddhima hain, but woh apni bohot baar practice kari hui thank you speech de, uske pehle maine socha ki kuch happening hona chahiye, right?"

His words were met with an enthusiastic cheer across the room. 

"Yes! Exactly!" He exclaimed. "Ab, bolke thank you toh sab kehte hain, lekin I feel… inn dono ko kuch alag karna chahiye, nahi?" He asked. Once again, he was met with a unanimous agreement. 

"Okay… so, Armaan. Riddhima. As you can see, humein kuch different chahiye… And well, party toh yeh hai, but I don't know… Thodi boring nahi hai? Why don't you do something to entertain us? Yaa bas humein bore karne yahaan bulaya hai? Isse achcha toh main ghar pe so jaata!" Rahul cried. 

"Ooooohhhh," the crowd chorussed. "Entertain us! Entertain us! Entertain us!" They chanted. 

"Fine! Fine! Fine!" Armaan exclaimed. "Waise yeh party boring sirf boring logon ko lag rahi hai… But as very gracious hosts, we will entertain you!"

Turning to Riddhima, he held out his hand. "Shall we?" 

Riddhima took his hand immediately and he guided her to the centre of the room, where Rahul was standing. Once they were there, Rahul made himself scarce. Armaan instructed for the lights to be dimmed and asked them to put on some music. He pulled Riddhima close to himself and began swaying the both of them gently in time with the beats. 

One by one, other couples joined them on the makeshift dance floor in the middle of the room. Riddhima caught Meera and Ishaan dancing together and instantly grew suspicious. She had half a mind to ask Armaan about what was cooking, but decided against it in the moment. This moment was about her and Armaan, and no one else. Not right now. Riddhima snuggled into his chest, smiling wide. She felt so safe and loved in his arms. There really wasn't anything that could touch her while she was like this. 

They danced for what seemed like hours. Though everyone started off with their partners, after a while, they began switching partners, and Riddhima ended up dancing with everyone present in the room, much to Armaan's chagrin and their guests' delight. They all shared a hearty meal after dancing, and then, it was time for the speech. 

Armaan took to the middle of the room, his hand clasped in Riddhima's firmly. "Thank you so much everyone," he began. "Riddhima aur mere liye yeh bohot zyada khushi ki baat hai ki aap sab aaj humaari life ke sabse khoobsurat pal ko apne saath se aur khoobsurat banane aaye hain. Vishal Bhaiya, Saumya Bhabhi, Tara, Dhairya, Krishi, Ishaan, Meera, Diya, Dodo… thank you so, so, so much for making this trip despite your various other commitments. You don't understand how much this means to us. Aap sab humaari pehli family away from family ho, and having you with us is so important. So, thank you!

Ummm… actually, I don't really know how to thank you guys… Nik, Champ, Muski, Nikki, Abhi… Uh, Dr. Shubhankar, Dr. Keerti, and most importantly, Anjy and Rahul… Agar aap sab nahi hote, this day would never have been possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to plan this wedding and for making it so beautiful. I don't think main yaa Riddhima itni achchi tayaari kar paate. But more than that… Thank you so much for supporting Riddhima and I so much, and especially you, Rahul. Agar tu nahi hota toh shayad hum dono saath nahi hote. You've been there since the start… Meri bohot saari stupid harkaton ke baad, tune hi sab sambhala tha… So, thanks for that! Thank you for always being the best friend anyone could ask for and helping me see the light. You're awesome. 

Ahhh… All of you are, actually. Thank you so much for everything. Riddhima and I are so grateful to have you here with us! And I hope ki yeh shaadi jitni humaare liye memorable rahegi… Utni toh nahi, but kaafi zyada aap sabke liye bhi ho! Thank you!"

As a token of appreciation for everything they'd done, Armaan & Riddhima had gotten gifts for everyone that they presented after Armaan's speech, Riddhima not having elected to say anything separately, as always, the shier of the two. 

All the girls got charm bracelets that had the first letter of their name, an A, and an R dangling on it, apart from a heart, and another charm that was different for everyone. Anjy had a dress, Muskaan had a pizza, Nikki had an infinity symbol, and Dr. Keerti had a bell. Apart from that, they got spa vouchers and a pair of gorgeous earrings. 

The guys all got a vintage pocket watch with their names and the date of the wedding inscribed on them. They got tickets to a cricket match and a spa day in addition to that. 

"Yeh sab… bas thank you bolne ke liye," Riddhima said. "Aur koi behes nahi tum sabko rakhna padega. Okay?"

"Okay," they chorussed. 

"This is gorgeous! Thanks, Ridzy," Nikki blubbered, hugging Riddhima tight. The others murmured in agreement. 

"Okay, guys! Let's get going. Thode time mein mujhe aur Armaan ko airport jaana hai to pick more people up… Aur kalse sab ceremonies shuru ho rahi hain so please go and get some rest! We all need to look our best!" Rahul instructed. 

"Aye, aye, cap'n!" They all cried. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Armaan whispered into Riddhima's ear, hugging her tight. 

"Tomorrow," Riddhima confirmed.

"I love you," he murmured. 

"I love you," she replied. 

Armaan dropped a gentle kiss to the top of her head and tightened his hold on her before letting go. 

He helped her get into the passenger seat of Anjali's car and stood there waving till they were out of sight. Soon, he wouldn't have to end his night with a goodbye. Just a couple more days to go. He could handle it. He would.