Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Ratukrus

Also the scene where she talks to her daughter on the phone after she moves out of the house. That movie was actually quite good it deserved better fate I wonder why it bombed.  😕

Glad to see I am not the only one who likes this film.
The songs of the movie are also beautiful. And yes mahima looked beautiful and had a powerful role.

I actually liked Ajay Kajol's chemistry in this one a lot. The ending scene is particularly beautiful. But it would have been much better if it showed them having the one night stand before Ajay's marriage. The cheating angle did make the characters hard to sympathize with.
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ratukrus

No honey. He was a cheater, and you know what they say, once a cheater always a cheater. 

I wouldn't be surprised if his character had many such train rendezvous that we were not shown. 😳😆

I felt so bad for Chandrachur, that guy got dumped thrice in the movie. First by Mahima, then by Kajol and then by Mahima again. 😔

chandrachur was a jerk, he tried to jeopardise a marriage and didn't let the couple sort out their issues, it was mahima's prerogative to do whatever she wants, he had no business to butt in and create misunderstandings, he turned out to be a pretty bad friend to Ajay too! Ajay may be a cheater, but mahima and him were in love, chandrachur cannot force mahima to fall in love with him, that is just not how it works!
Edited by Bollywoodlaver - 5 years ago
Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
My mom mentioned a couple times after Pardes that she's surprised Mahima wasn't in more movies because we really liked her in that. I think the only other movie I've watched with her is Dil Hai Tumhara and I remember my mom saying she played her role in Pardes better and she didn't like her in a more modern role. And in Dil Hai Tumhara my attention was on Preity so I think she couldn't maintain that screen presence she initially had.
Edited by Tasbah - 5 years ago
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
^I actually despised her in Pardes! Her character was so annoying in that dumb movie! I thought she was much better in movies like DIL HAI TUMHARA and DIL KYA KARE!Edited by Bollywoodlaver - 5 years ago
Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: FilmiDhun

Glad to see I am not the only one who likes this film.
The songs of the movie are also beautiful. And yes mahima looked beautiful and had a powerful role.

I actually liked Ajay Kajol's chemistry in this one a lot. The ending scene is particularly beautiful. But it would have been much better if it showed them having the one night stand before Ajay's marriage. The cheating angle did make the characters hard to sympathize with.

OMG yes. They should have hooked up before he got married to Mahima it would have made even audiences warm up to everyone in the film. 'Pyar ke liye' is one of my favourite all time song from that movie. 
Ratukrus thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

^I actually despised her in Pardes! Her character was so annoying in they dumb movie! I thought she was much better in movies like DIL HAI TUMHARA and DIL KYA KARE!

I did not like her in Pardes at all. I found her to be too screechy.

I absolutely loved her in Dil Hai Tumhara as well. ❤️

She was such a darling sister and I loved her chemistry with Preity. 

That scene Mahima and Preity have in their room, after Rekha tells Preity that she's an illegitimate child, I had tears the way she consoled Preity's character. 

Damn now I feel bad that Mahima could not make it. She was also brilliant in Ye Tera Ghar Ye Mera Ghar with Sunil. 😊
Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

^I actually despised her in Pardes! Her character was so annoying in they dumb movie! I thought she was much better in movies like DIL HAI TUMHARA and DIL KYA KARE!

^ I get why you might have been annoyed. The first time I watched it I was 7 so just loved it because kids don't see the flaws 😆 But when I rewatched it when I was older there were parts where I was also annoyed like her entrance when she's screaming 'Papa, Papa!' And I'm like who screams like that when their father is busy talking to someone? 😆 But despite some of the annoying things she still made an impact on me.
Edited by Tasbah - 5 years ago
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Mahima was also very pleasant in side roles in Dhadkan and Deewane.
I also like another film of hers, Yeh tera ghar yeh ghar. It's a nice film by priyadarshan and makes you feel for the characters. Even in lajja I liked her in her small role.

It's later in her career when she did sleazy films like Souten that put her in the z lister category. 

She was a decent to good actress in my opinion. Shame she didn't have a longer career.
Ratukrus thumbnail

Originally posted by: FilmiDhun

Mahima was also very pleasant in side roles in Dhadkan and Deewane.

I also like another film of hers, Yeh tera ghar yeh ghar. It's a nice film by priyadarshan and makes you feel for the characters. Even in lajja I liked her in her small role.

It's later in her career when she did sleazy films like Souten that put her in the z lister category. 

She was a decent to good actress in my opinion. Shame she didn't have a longer career.

Ye tera ghar ye mera ghar is such an under-rated gem. 

And how could I forget her role in Lajja, her outburst in the end of her part was so amazing. 

I remember watching that movie as a child in cinema and people going berserk and whistling when she said those lines. 😆 

The other parts in that movie was too disturbing to watch though. 😕
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tasbah

^ I get why you might have been annoyed. The first time I watched it I was 7 so just loved it because kids don't see the flaws 😆 But when I rewatched it when I was older there were parts where I was also annoyed like her entrance when she's screaming 'Papa, Papa!' And I'm like who screams like that when their father is busy talking to someone? 😆 But despite some of the annoying things she still made an impact on me.

I was very young when pardes released actually, I still despised her, found her very annoying