Why couldn't Mahima Chaudhry make it big after Pardes?

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Mahima looked like Madhuri in her earlier days a lot. She had a rocking debut in Subhash Ghai's Pardes but after that she became a mere supporting actress in most of her films. Infact Shahrukh Khan played second fiddle to her in Pardes.

She received Best Actress nomination at Filmfare for Pardes, won Filmfare best debut actress award. She defeated Aishwarya Rai and Rani Mukherjee for best debut award at Filmfare. 😲

She looked so much like Madhuri in Pardes. 😲

Edited by Mugda - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
She lacked looks and talent, plus she refused to compromise, she even called out subhash ghai for sexual harassment, if I am not wrong! Edited by Bollywoodlaver - 5 years ago
Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She started doing supporting actress roles which was the worst decision she could have ever made. 

She played second fiddle in many movies like Dil Kya Kare, Dhadkan, Deewane etc. 

Also later in her career she went to the skin show route which was the last nail in the coffin.

But I must say I actually liked her more in Dil Kya Kare than Kajol she could have made it had she made the right choices. 

Also she doesn't even come close to Madhuri's beauty so I don't get the comparison. 
Edited by Ratukrus - 5 years ago
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ratukrus

She started doing supporting actress roles which was the worst decision she could have ever made. 

She played second fiddle in many movies like Dil Kya Kare, Dhadkan etc. 

Also later in her career she went to the skin show route which was the last nail in the coffin.

But I must say I actually liked her more in Dil Kya Kare than Kajol she could have made it had she made the right choices. 

Also she doesn't even come close to Madhuri's beauty so I don't get the comparison. 

Her acting in DIL KYA KARE was really good! I felt so much for her character!
Edited by Bollywoodlaver - 5 years ago

She played second fiddle in many movies like Dil Kya Kare, Dhadkan etc.

How did she played the second fiddle in Dil Kya Kare? Ajay Devgan ended up with her and they got the child custody. Kajol left Ajay and the child for her. Ajay and Kajol worked on this movie after they got married and the movie was produced by Ajay's parents. Don't know why they made Ajay and Mahima play husband wife and Kajol as an outsider.

Coming to the topic. I think pig Shubhash Ghai destroyed her career and if I am not wrong she dated some tennis player Leander Paes. That probably affected her career.
Ratukrus thumbnail
Originally posted by: mira30

How did she played the second fiddle in Dil Kya Kare? Ajay Devgan ended up with her and they got the child custody. Kajol left Ajay and the child for her. Ajay and Kajol worked on this movie after they got married and the movie was produced by Ajay's parents. Don't know why they made Ajay and Mahima play husband wife and Kajol as an outsider.

Coming to the topic. I think pig Shubhash Ghai destroyed her career and if I am not wrong she dated some tennis player Leander Paes. That probably affected her career.

Mahima was the 2nd fiddle because on the script level Kajol had the stronger character, she was the character because of which there is conflict in the movie.

Without her character there is no movie. It would just be husband, wife and a happy family. 

The main lead is not always who the hero goes with but the one who's role is the utmost importance to the script. 

Also, the reason why Kajol must have picked the role would be exactly the reason I stated above. It's another thing that I ended up liking Mahima the most in the movie like many others. 
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Honestly speaking, Mahima did have a bigger role than Kajol, and she stood out a lot more too, I wouldn't call it second fiddle!
Ratukrus thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

Honestly speaking, Mahima did have a bigger role than Kajol, and she stood out a lot more too, I wouldn't call it second fiddle!

Mahima stood out more no doubt about it.

But as I said it's more about the impact the character has on a script level. 

For example even Rekha had a shorter role compared to Jaya in Silsila but for me Silsila would always be Rekha-Amitabh film with Jaya and Sanjeev playing the supporting characters. 
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail

Mahima stood out more no doubt about it.

But as I said it's more about the impact the character has on a script level. 

For example even Rekha had a shorter role compared to Jaya in Silsila but for me Silsila would always be Rekha-Amitabh film with Jaya and Sanjeev playing the supporting characters. 

I guess it is a matter of perspective, I always felt that DIL KYA KARE belonged to Mahima, role wise and acting wise. 
Ratukrus thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

I guess it is a matter of perspective, I always felt that DIL KYA KARE belonged to Mahima, role wise and acting wise. 

Yes you are right it's all about perspective. ðŸ˜Š I loved the scene where her daughter gets lost and she goes berserk also the scene where she finds about her husbands infidelity.