I think Nandini has some serious mental health issues!

BB_CallmeC thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A BASHING POST! THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A BASHING POST! SO IF YOU WANT TO GET PERSONAL AND ATTACK, STAY OUT OF THIS POST! ITS OK IF YOU WANT TO AGREE TO DISAGREE IN A HEALTHY MANNER!!
NOTE: THIS POST IS JUST BASED ON THE CHARACTERS! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTORS! NO ATTACKS THERE TOO!

NOTE: For me both Kunal and Nandini are equally at fault. Initially it was more towards Kunal because the guy was in happy marriage and yet go swayed away coz his 'emotions'. But now, its getting more towards Nandini and here is why:

But yes, I do believe Nandini has some serious mental instability or severe clinical depression issues. Its probably the trauma of her past that has taken a toll on her mental health! Or she is obsessed with Kunal. Or she probably just needs attention and is obsessed with that attention need. Because if she wasn't and if she was normal and sane, she would have comprehended, realized, accepted, understood and taken responsibility of the mess that she has created along with Kunal and is continuously creating! Not once has she taken the responsibility of her actions. She still thinks that she can justify her actions by saying "she didn't mean to hurt" or "she tried to stop herself" or "she doesn't even know if she got Kunal or not". Like what even! Atleast Kunal has accepted that he has wronged Mauli and he apologizes (not that it changes anything but still).

I have read and watched videos about the psychology on Infidelity (for doers and for bearers). And the acceptance by the doers does help the bearers.

When Kunal and Nandini learn about his grandma's heart attack, this woman instead of even humanly saying "hope she gets better" or anything on that lines, says "He will come back to me as soon as he gets he gets my call" is horrifying! It means that she either has no idea what is going around her or doesn't want to have ANY idea of what is happening. Coz any sane person wouldn't have said that!

Its either really bad writing on the writers part or she is just unstable and hence she is doing what she is doing!
Edited by .IamShonali. - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I don't think so. Inititally I thought why not (even made a post on that)but then cvs didnt gave any hint so my conclusion is just that she is some attention seeker who needs man and hide behind white mask and will victimize herself for herself and thinks she is entitled for something because she had a bad past. For me, she is a person who is present in real life; people like her exist. Selfish.Spineless. 
so yeah Nandu keep shake shake shake and shake
Edited by Y12345 - 5 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There have been enough discussion on this one aspect of Nandini's personality but makers don't want to delve in it at all.
Had makers wanted to show her unstable then there should have been atleast some words about psychiatric counselling for her just like in Beyhadh. 

But makers have no desire to cover that aspect. Had they done this, it would have made a great difference in how the story came out.
Euphoria. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed. I am not a regular viewer of the show, and only started watching it properly after the revelation episode. Whilst I understand that Nandini has been through a lot, like you have said, what she is doing right now does not make any sense. She isn't behaving the way a person who has been physically assaulted would have. I am sure others would know better, but from what I have heard/read, people who have been assaulted fear intimacy. Yet here, she doesn't show that at all. She says that she wants friendship AND love, but she also says that Kunal is just one phone call away. 

She definitely does have mental health issues, and before anyone jumps to any conclusion, mental health issues doesn't mean someone is mad. She was probably suffering from depression when Rajdeep abused her, and now she has major insecurity issues - because part of her KNOWS that she has done her supposed best friend wrong by wrecking her home. She just does not have the courage to accept that. If it's not that, and she thinks that she has done no wrong, then it's even more terrifying. 

Edited by Euphoria. - 5 years ago
Rithu0203 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I had this doubt about Nandini's unstable mind only after watching y'day's episode towards her no reaction to didia's condition, not before. Sort of she is not able to perceive/interpret the message she received, she is just aware that Kunal has to go out for sometime and he will be back, till then she has to manage by herself.
But, if it is what CVs tend to show, but again its not properly conveyed, as it looks like more selfish,self-centered character to viewers.

wow123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well its doesn't show that she is mentally unstable. May be shown by CV in future but till that time i'll not accept her as mentally unstable.

Sometimes ppl become selfish n self-centered as She has biggest fear of losing Kunal as no one support her other than him. She can't fight her own and highly dependent on him. So its obvious that first thought that comes in her mind that he'll come back to her to calm herself down.
Y12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Euphoria.

Agreed. I am not a regular viewer of the show, and only started watching it properly after the revelation episode. Whilst I understand that Nandini has been through a lot, like you have said, what she is doing right now does not make any sense. She isn't behaving the way a person who has been physically assaulted would have. I am sure others would know better, but from what I have heard/read, people who have been assaulted fear intimacy. Yet here, she doesn't show that at all. She says that she wants friendship AND love, but she also says that Kunal is just one phone call away. 

She definitely does have mental health issues, and before anyone jumps to any conclusion, mental health issues doesn't mean someone is mad. She was probably suffering from depression when Rajdeep abused her, and now she has major insecurity issues - because part of her KNOWS that she has done her supposed best friend wrong by wrecking her home. She just does not have the courage to accept that. If it's not that, and she thinks that she has done no wrong, then it's even more terrifying. 

@bold: 

We are nobody to assess how an abused person must react. It depends from person to person. We cannot just put how those persons should react in a box, it vary. It is also not good to assume that all abused person will have some form of mental illness or even trauma. For some, it can be short term like in N case I feel. She may had depression but now, it seems like it's all gone, the way she was smiling and enjoying with k and the sex scene. My take would be that living in denial is just her coping mechanism. We all normal people do it at some point, we try to laugh it out if we have grief, things like that. 

PS: I love the way you said mental ilness doesnt make you mad👏
but as I said, N isnt mentally sick in my POV. For me romancing make sense, she is just some selfish and this is a trait of some selfish person. 

Overall, are makers trying the beyhadh way because this won't work for many reasons. DD can't put off what Maya did, and she never displayed extreme signs for us to believe N has mental ilness or anything. Instead they justified her by divine intervention lol

LoveSonu2408 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
shona...after a long time...
yes both r at fault.for kunal its lust,infatuation, attraction & for nandini yes she seriously has some mental issue.like u said in yesterday's epi she z more worried abt herself actually she is living in her delusional world.after a abused relationship & seeing her bff life she want that for herself...selfishness also working behind it..she z not ready to accept her fault.
teribts7 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree her hospital scene and blackface scene. Clearly shows she has mental health issues ie depression, anxiety and so on.
Both are wrong and Mauli should move on. I feel sorry for Mauli especially due to everything she's done to both characters. She should kick both to the curb... and live an independent life. You don't need a man to survive. 
Edited by _KOMAL - 5 years ago
PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I agree with you
Even I felt the same after seeing her behavior in hospital when kunal had accident. She behaved like a hysteria patient not like someone who cares about kunal

From that day I started thinking that NandiNi is turning into mad woman or physo

She got love (though just lust) from some guy and she grabbed it. She saw how much kunal and mauli use to love each other so maybe she feels kunal will be like that with her and secretly she wishes to have a life like mauli that's why she is not feeling any guilty for what she does as she got all she wants. She is mentally ill to care about anyone

I feel she does not even love kunal. It is just some obsession that's all