Keepdreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Will wait for this 

-jaanleva- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Chapter 15 – The beating of a heart 

She heard her before she saw her. The unmistakeable cry of a mother’s anguish.

Geet turned around to see Smriti running towards her. Vivek walked fast behind her, the lapels of his suit jacket flying behind him.

“Geet,” Smriti breathed out as she reached her, grabbing her hands with a fervent panic. “Save my son, please, save my son. I will owe you my entire life.”

“What has happened exactly?” Vivek asked, and Geet pierced him with an accusing look.

“He was shot in the back.”

“How? What happened, exactly? Where were you, both of you?”

Geet looked past Smriti and her barrage of questions straight at Vivek, who avoided her gaze.

“They’re operating on him within the next half hour. If he comes out, he’ll-“

“If? What do you mean by ‘if’?” Vivek asked, his eyebrows knotted.

“I have to prepare you for the worst case scenario.”

“Can you avoid thinking like a doctor for once? You’re his wife,” he stated, remembering his conversation with Maan the night before.

“I’ll be back,” she said, walking away. Once she turned the corner, her composure remained until she reached the staff bathroom. Geet closed the door behind her, let out the breath she had been holding and unclenched her fists. She sank to the floor, her head falling in her lap.

He had saved her life. 

It was the only thought that kept creeping into her head, and she knew what she had to do. 

………..

The last 24 hours had been the most intense of her life.

She had operated on many people before, saved countless lives, but this time had been different.

Every time his heartbeat had dropped on the monitor, she had felt her own heart beat increase in response.

She maintained her composure, and was praised for her professionalism when the bullet had been removed successfully and he was stable. But only she knew of the tempest in her head, and the storm raging in her heart.

Smriti watched from the window as Geet stood beside Maan’s bed, her arms folded. 

“He’s fallen in love with her.” Vivek stood beside her, putting his hands in his pockets.

“I know. A mother’s intuition is never wrong. I could sense it the day he brought her home.”

“It must run through his veins. Falling for the wrong person, despite himself.”

Smriti stiffened. “You seem to be doing well with Suhana.”

“I wasn’t talking about Suhana.”

“Vivek-“

“I know. I know, Smriti.”

The silence between them spoke volumes.

At that moment, Geet turned around to see Vivek and Smriti lost in their own world. He broke away from their eye contact to see Geet looking at them. He cleared his throat and entered the room.

“How is he?”

“Stable. He should be conscious within the next few hours.” 

“Thank you.”

Smriti walked into the room.

“It’s my duty. There is no need to thank me.”

“Geet, how can I-“

Geet shook her head, stopping her mid-sentence.

“He needs to rest. I’d advise that you come back to visit him tomorrow morning.” 

Smriti opened her mouth to protest, but Geet turned away, indicating that the conversation was over. Vivek gestured, and she followed his signal to leave the room as Geet asked.

Once they had left, she rearranged his bedside table, shuffled his medical documents, did everything she could to avoid looking at him.

But she couldn’t help herself. 

She finally looked at him. He laid on his back, motionless, and she studied his face closely. The deep set eyes, surrounded by a few wrinkles. His jet black hair falling slightly onto his forehead. His stern mouth, set in a straight line.

Without even realising, she took her stethoscope from around her neck and placed it on his chest gently. The soft beat of his heart was reassuring and soothed her nerves.

She placed the same stethoscope over her own heart, and closed her eyes.

The door suddenly opened, making her jump, and she dropped the sthethoscope from her hands.

“Dr Geet.” It was one of the nurses, a pager in her hand. “I’m sorry to disturb you, but your assistance is required.”

She nodded and followed the nurse out of the room, turning back to look at Maan one last time.

………..

He followed the footsteps through the forest, his hands firmly shoved into his pocket.

The figure ahead of him was familiar, but every time he picked up the pace, the figure became more distant.

Yet there was something that compelled him to follow.

The burnt orange leaves fell to the floor around him, taking him back to happier moments in his childhood. When the world wasn’t so bleak, and his days were filled with love and laughter.

Suddenly, the figure stopped, and as it began to take form, his breath caught in his throat.

“Dad?” His voice cracked as his father turned around. He was as youthful as he remembered him, with the kindest eyes and the small smile that always played on his lips around Maan.

“My son.”

“Dad!” He ran towards him, the ache in his heart growing as he longed for his father’s embrace.

Before he could reach him, his father disappeared. Maan turned around frantically, and saw him stood behind him.

“My son.”

“Dad, I’m sorry, forgive me,” he cried as the tears rolled down his face.

“It was never your fault.”

“I love you. Please don’t leave me, I can’t live without you.”

His dad smiled gently. “Yes, you can. You can now.” He looked over Maan’s shoulder. “She’s right there, waiting for you.”

“Who?”

He turned around, curious to see who his father had been referring to.

He opened his eyes to a bright, blinding white ceiling. 

Keepdreaming thumbnail

The beating of a heart ---- sound 😍😍

deep002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7

wonderful update dear, finally his operation is successful, hate this vivek 😡

Bluemoon94 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

So happy to see update 

khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

chapter 15

incredible update! 

Hate Vivek!

can understand Geet's thoughts! Thank God the operation was successful! so Maan does love Geet!

eager to know what is the equation between Smriti and Vivek?

Seems like Geet is falling for Maan!

Maan's dream indicated his past! at least he know that his dad does not blame him! 

was his dad referring to Geet?

update soon 

Keepdreaming thumbnail

That's intense 

It was not about saving a patient it's more . Ugh don't know what to say about vivek . 

But I liked the dream ... a conscious mind finding his partner 

Kkiran thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

That was a beautiful update:) he survived and there is care and a flutter of feelings <3