Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
No more historical/mytho shows for me until and unless RP again decides to be a part of a historical. 
Melkor thumbnail
Sonarika is a brilliant actress whereas Shaheer is good though not exceptional or extraordinary.I will try out a couple of episodes for her.Then the maker of that show is Anirudh Pathak who was the mind behind Prithvi Vallabh.So surely the execution will be good.
Originally they had planned to create a series about Salim and Mehrunissa but looks like it was changed to Salim-Anarkali.Now I have my own theory behind this πŸ˜†Rangeela aka Colors,the channel of which the show is set to air loves showing women shedding buckets of tears and getting tortured for God knows what reason.Now the scope of showing Noor Jahan getting tortured and behaving like an abla naari is minimal to non existent.So Anarkali hi sahi.Thats why Rangu must have convinced the PH to alter their script.

Radha Krishna promos look beautiful and Sumedh Mudgalkar aka Sushim from CAS is playing Krishna.He is an amazing actor as well.So I will check out for him
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Shaheer and Sonarika would make an odd, but perhaps interesting combination. I often find that PHs fail to cast the right people for such romances. Often they are individually good but don't have good chemistry together. I hope this won't be the case here. 

Sonarika is indeed a brilliant actress. She is stunning and is just as good in emotional scenes as in action sequences. Her performance was absolutely splendid in Prithvi Vallabh. The show made her extremely popular and lots of PHs want to work with her.  

Shaheer gets better with every role. I like artistes who work hard to improve themselves. I don't know if you've watched Kuch Rang Pyaar Ke Aise Bhi, but there was a huge improvement in his performance there compared to the one in Mahabharat. Also, he has a HUGE female fan following so the show is bound to attracts lots of viewers. 

I just hope they don't turn Anarkali into a warrior princess because that seems to be a trend in historical shows nowadays. I don't think Sonarika would want to play the same type of role again, though. 

A woman can be strong without having to be a warrior or an expert at combat. The personality is the most important thing, everything else is a bonus. 

They even made Jasmine a warrior princess in the show Aladdin. Kuch bhi. 

CAS was the only show I've seen where the younger and older versions of a character (Sushim) were played by actors who looked really similar. 

Edited by inlieu - 5 years ago
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
To be honest, I never watched any TV show and neither do I have plans to watch any one of them in future. I used to watch CID in childhood and I still do watch it whenever I feel like. Crime Patrol and Saavdhan India are fillers when I am home alone and have absolutely nothing to do. Porus was an accident! Literally it was! I don't know why I decided to watch it as I literally don't watch TV!
inlieu thumbnail
The last historical show I "tried" to watch was Chandra Nandini, just because of Rajat, but had to give up when the story became more and more ridiculous. Even the entry of Siddharth Nigam as Bindusar couldn't save the show. πŸ˜•
I too sometimes wish I hadn't started watching Porus, but then again I wouldn't have discovered some of the brilliant actors/actresses here. 
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

The last historical show I "tried" to watch was Chandra Nandini, just because of Rajat, but had to give up when the story became more and more ridiculous. Even the entry of Siddharth Nigam as Bindusar couldn't save the show.  πŸ˜•

I too sometimes wish I hadn't started watching Porus, but then again I wouldn't have discovered some of the brilliant actors/actresses here. 

I came across various interviews of different actors like the one of Aakash in the other thread, and they all praise Swastik for taking good care of them in Umergaon and providing a family-like atmosphere to work. 

You hoped Rohit's next show to not be of Swastik but Rohit feels highly indebted to SidT and going by the kind of person he is, he is even capable of turning down a bigger project just to star in SidT's dramas! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
luckySnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vaishnavi_

I came across various interviews of different actors like the one of Aakash in the other thread, and they all praise Swastik for taking good care of them in Umergaon and providing a family-like atmosphere to work. 

You hoped Rohit's next show to not be of Swastik but Rohit feels highly indebted to SidT and going by the kind of person he is, he is even capable of turning down a bigger project just to star in SidT's dramas! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Rohit playing Alexander the Great...gives him worldwide exposure ... Someone search Alexander his images are also popping up...πŸ˜†
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: luckySnow

Rohit playing Alexander the Great...gives him worldwide exposure ... Someone search Alexander his images are also popping up...πŸ˜†

That Is AWESOME! β­οΈ I pray that someone signs him for a great project! Can't wait to see him elsewhere! πŸ₯³
inlieu thumbnail
Well he also said that after working on this show he isn't afraid of anything. I'm hoping that includes him not being afraid to try other PHs too and going out of his comfort zone. There are many good ones out there, not just Swastik.
inlieu thumbnail
New promo for Daastane-e-Mohabbat looks good. Now if only the cast uses their epiglottis properly for the correct diction. 
If I hear words like khuda or khush or ghalat pronouned incorrectly it will be very annoying. If they are spending so much money on making a period drama they need to get these things right.