Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: ilovecrepes

Of course she must have said shekhar's name too. 
But she revealed the other woman also. 

Yea, you are right
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -BebaakBegum-

Second half was just weird. Everything felt so superficial.

OT: Don't know the woman but good to see people calling the movie out without being demeaning.

She is film maker Shekhar Kapur's ex-wife... Herself acted in a few movies before marriage..
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: JackSparrowcraz

Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweeted

I got rape threats and my daughter  threatened  too after my azaan tweet. Can feel  Priyanka Chaturvedi's trauma.I went to the police and sought protection too.But nobody no gangster offered us an ak56 a la Sanju 2 protect r families.    just saying  friends shoudnt make biopics  😆

Well said. 👍🏼 This is exactly many of us are saying as well. Totally against this biopic. but oh well. 

Now God save her from fanatics on twitter.
Edited by Nishita123 - 5 years ago
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
How can people who themselves are not from influential political families, who themselves are not superstars who have underworld producers financing their movies, can even judge the situation? and it is not like he didn't get his full sentence for the illegal guns, so what's the damn problem? low self-esteem? Sanjay dutt and Sunil dutt both helped Muslims during Babri masjid, that's how the controversy started, did suchitra and her family help? was her father a politician? Is she a humanitarian? Or does she only know how to judge others whilst crying over her flop career? I didn't even know this girl's name until now.Edited by Bollywoodlaver - 5 years ago
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thuk_kechaat

And they say he is not a terrorist.
<font size="2">Was indicted under TADA</font>
<font size="2">if it wasn't for Balasaheb Thackeray he would have been rotting in jail for life</font>

If it wasn't for his father he wouldn't even be convicted under TADA, it's all political, there is a reason why he was convicted under TADA until his father died.
whit3dove thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
We can't deny the fact in 80s n 90s bollywood had ties with underworld. There are pics of actresses with underworld dons.  And actors attending weddings of underworld people. If she wasn't in that circle good for her. But many people were involved. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Love this. More & more celebrities need to come forward & take a tans against this film. Its an enjoyable film on its own but the intent is purely to whitewash Duty & his horrobly calculated & dangerously immature actions!!! This is why I refuse to watch this in the theatre. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
She was from a middle class family, father was a bureaucrat, but just because she did not come from a known or politically strong family doesn't mean her actress status & relevant post can be dismissed lol! She's from that world. She was an actress married to a known & internationally famous director who himself hailed from a well-known film family & was the nephew of the evergreen superstar Dev Anand. Her words matter because no-one from the fraternity has come forward to negatively comment on this film. She is the first I believe. Which is why her words are important.
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
We have to treat a movie as one, entertainment good acting who cares about whitewashing crap honestly? All the morality jazz save it Alice for another day. Look at it as a movie nothing more. Btw congrats to Ranbir Hirani has also proved himself that he can make a big hit without Aamir. good thing is we have few actors who can take cinema forward with their acting and deliver big blockbusters so its 2 in one which is how it should be
Karenina thumbnail
Now, I agree that the intention was to cash in on Sanjay's grand life story by making an entertainer and white-washing his image in the process.

But I honestly never once believed that they would paint reality through this movie. That was never the intention. So, I don't understand why people are overreacting. If you don't agree with it, don't watch it? Who actually believed that Raju would show Sanjay's story as it is?

Nobody, right?

Sanjay's life story would fit a hard-hitting, gritty crime drama. Not an entertainer as Sanju is. Sanjay Dutt's life is more suited to Anurag Kashyap's style of filmmaking than it is to Raju Hirani's style.

They just wanted to make a Manmohan Desai film out of Sanjay Dutt's life because it was marketable AND Sanjay Dutt is hugely popular. They've succeeded.