Vanga calls Masand, Anupama, Suchitra illiterate

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 months ago

I didn’t know Masand was back to giving reviews.  

Why is he calling it worst opening day?  Didn’t the movie open at over 40cr?  

Anyway, he sounds really bitter and triggered here. Why is he so bothered by their reviews?  There’s no way he didn’t know some critics would be coming at this movie.  What does it say about him as a filmmaker when he cannot handle it that not everyone is praising his work and resorts to insulting?  And mentioning sound and editing.   That’s a weird flex for a writer/director.  

Last but not least, Faridoon’s expression is meme worthy smiley36

https://x.com/hypocriteaman/status/1737193058901635516?s=46&t=IGu4IMPfQ74glqp5iF7tIA 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I hate this guy in real life, but I also hate the fact that he makes great films from technical POV. smiley36 So I have to give credit where its due.

I agree with him that these critics are not totally objective when it comes to reviewing his films, 

BUT I also agree with the fact that these critics don't owe anything to him. smiley14

If he has the right to glorify toxicity in his films, then those critics are also entitled to their opinion.

And why he is so concerned about Anupama, Suchitra, Masand etc?  His film earned crores at the BO, so why can't he celebrate and focus on that. 

And if he is so concerned and really needs their validation, then he should also address his toxic fans who regularly abuse Suchitra, Masand etc on their videos for having a different opinion.

I don't even like these critics, but I would support them over this misogynist leech any day.

Edited by diasingh2 - 4 months ago
Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Says the man who has not read a single book in his life. I don't like Masand, Anupama, Suchitra, but Vanga is so bad at handling criticism.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Anyone over those critics 

Also why isnt he wearing shoes or socks smiley36

Edited by Maroonporsche - 4 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

He didn’t say worst. He said first lol

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Bad choice of words but his point is correct. Anupama and Masand are both horrible at their jobs and do very shallow reviews. They have just about as much credibility as Taran Adarsh. 

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Masand is no longer a critic though. Is se achha toh woh agenda peddler Rahul Desai ko lapet leta smiley36.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Vanga is the sole editor of the film btw. Even if he weren't, as a director he is still responsible for all the technical decisions of the film. Don't care to watch the film, so no idea if he actually did a good job or not. 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Well , a film is his passion project 

Makes perfect sense if he gets triggered given he’s put in the work into it and gets moral science lessons in the name of a “film reviews”..he has every right to call those out tbh 

Some of the reviews were literally the equivalent of telling a painter “please paint ur painting in blue, because I like blue and red is jarring to my eyes…and please paint flowers instead of gore because flowers are more soothing” 

Well it’s not trying to be soothing , genius 🤦‍♀️

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Vanga the Rebel 😎😎😎

The Hero this Kjo'fied Industry Needs. You show them how it's done Vanga!!! He brings up a great point too, what credibility do these critics have. What do they even know about film-making. Have they ever made a film? It's the same as those sport writers who've never played the damn sport. 

Edited by Haila_tu - 4 months ago